Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

jfc that is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I honestly can't tell who's on the left. Is it Ryan Blaney?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/TheWilderThings/status/902540379236573184

shirt owns

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

L_Harrison posted:

I honestly can't tell who's on the left. Is it Ryan Blaney?

I can't tell who any of them are except Twisted Sister.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Blaney, Bowyer, Truex, Kyle, Larson

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

https://twitter.com/nascarcasm/status/903295702675152896

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

The Cup trophy is a cup again.

https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/903286276253638658

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
I like this, actually. The outline of all the tracks around the cup is pretty sweet.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I came to that ready to mock the hell out of it but that is a loving sweet trophy.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That trophy is much more tasteful than I imagined and kicks rear end

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

njsykora posted:

I came to that ready to mock the hell out of it but that is a loving sweet trophy.

Yeah, agreed.

I heard on a podcast the Monster deal is only two years, though. Last I heard, nobody knew how long the contract was.

E- Rumors have SMI becoming operator of the fairgrounds short track in Nashville. The term operator is used because the city of Nashville actually owns the track and apparently would only use SMI as a promoter.

The fact that Bruton Smith's company may do something cool and good is inconceivable.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 31, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yeah, agreed.

I heard on a podcast the Monster deal is only two years, though. Last I heard, nobody knew how long the contract was.

E- Rumors have SMI becoming operator of the fairgrounds short track in Nashville. The term operator is used because the city of Nashville actually owns the track and apparently would only use SMI as a promoter.

The fact that Bruton Smith's company may do something cool and good is inconceivable.

Bristol gonna lose the spring race to Nashville

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

That video was in black and white cause the trophy is actually lime green right?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wasn't that good of a deal for it to work:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mon..._medium=twitter

quote:

The procurement panel downgraded Speedway Motorsports' bid because the company wanted a 30-year deal and for Metro to fully fund capital renovations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that's a good cup because it's an actual cup

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

njsykora posted:

Norns posted:

That trophy is much more tasteful than I imagined and kicks rear end

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Cant wait to see the celebratory Monster chug out of it

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Xfinity #23 Spender Gaffiger running a Mikey Waltrip throwback. It looks pretty ok, hope he doesn't head on a guardrail

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I have a Jeremy Clements hat but not a Spencer Gallagher hat

Jeremy Clements won an Xfinity race

:thunk:

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

It's been a busy couple of days.

https://twitter.com/LASTCARonBROCK/status/903295266836578306

https://twitter.com/LASTCARonBROCK/status/903733108528336897

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
hahahaha

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'm surprised you didn't post TC getting whooped up on in Victory Lane last night.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

I'm going to ask SRA where our hats are.

EDIT: are/our, drat my grammar is slipping

LASTCAR fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 2, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NASCAR gave Ty Dillon an extra set of tires as a result of his spin and both Jeff Burton and Steve Letarte spent 5 minutes off and on torching NASCAR over it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lol SRA

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Sorry guys, couldn't get SRA this weekend. Waited by the hauler but he didn't show. :(

Getting these hats is gonna be harder than we thought.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I'm surprised you didn't post TC getting whooped up on in Victory Lane last night.

I just read about that a lil while ago

lol that he was mad at a bump and run, that musta looked like earnhardt at pocono levels of pout

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

VikingSkull posted:

I just read about that a lil while ago

lol that he was mad at a bump and run, that musta looked like earnhardt at pocono levels of pout

Also it was a payback shot for TC's bump and run on him the lap before. He's turning into a grumpy old man, he went off about Preece probably bringing out the caution intentionally at Thompson too. I mean, yeah, it's shady, but there's no way a guy who's been racing as long as him hasn't done it himself.

Whelen Mod championship battle is pretty heated right now. 7 points between Doug Coby and Rowan Pennink with 4 races left (Preece is leading but that's probably irrelevant at this point since he's skipping Loudon).

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

So apparently Daniel Suarez lost Subway as a sponsor, because he was handing out Dunkin Donuts on a pre-race segment on NBC a few weeks back. :cmon:

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

A couple highlights from yesterday.

https://twitter.com/LASTCARonBROCK/status/904080245044781056

https://twitter.com/LASTCARonBROCK/status/904100712333836288

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Hey junyur retweeted you!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Jimmy Horton won the big block track title at OCFS last night

:getin:

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

dentist toy box posted:

Hey junyur retweeted you!

He did! He was one of the first. Junior continues to be awesome.

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008
I've got tickets to the sunday 9/17 race at chicagoland speedway, it's my first time going to a race, is it worth it to buy pit passes or is there enough to do there before the race to keep me busy and maybe use the money for something else at the track?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mr.Flibble posted:

I've got tickets to the sunday 9/17 race at chicagoland speedway, it's my first time going to a race, is it worth it to buy pit passes or is there enough to do there before the race to keep me busy and maybe use the money for something else at the track?

Up to you. There will be vendors and displays from sponsors and other merchants outside the track with various things going on (giveaways, demos, driver appearances, sometimes live music, etc) and probably some "gypsies" (independent, traveling souvenir vendors who sell officially licensed stuff out of their own tents, sometimes at a discount) on or near the track property.

The infield/garage/pit areas can be a cool experience, it just comes down to how much you have or want to spend on the experience.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mosport status: still rules.

Austin Cindric status: still can suck SRA's gently caress.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Only in NASCAR would that pass stand

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/23SpeedRacer/status/904446725821227013

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Throwback broadcast crew is my favorite motorsport-related thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

wicka posted:

Throwback broadcast crew is my favorite motorsport-related thing.

This reminds me of when Pat Summerall came out of retirement and did Sunday Night Football on ESPN for like 6 weeks because Mike Patrick had heart surgery.

• Locked thread