Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I watched like six eps of Tsurezure Children today and Dating Master kid and the council president x mean girl own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Moltrey posted:

the council president x mean girl own

Finally someone else here with taste.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Weird stuff beginning to happen in Centaur's Worries?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's unnaturally sunny in mermaid town, I agree.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

nielsm posted:

I thought it was tasteless to set the mermaid portion of the episode in Houston.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

nielsm posted:

Nothing wrong with monstrous fish people worshipping uh 'Tagon'.

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011
Actually, everyone in Tsurezure Children is great. Yuki is still the best, but they are all great.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Fangz posted:

The entire last segment is a parade of bullshit reasons for them to not meet up. Him deciding not to write down his name. Him deciding to not bother writing her name before he forgets. Him handing her back the braid. Him not keeping any notes from his entire research expedition or telling anyone about things. Him not speaking to Tessie and co when he recognised them. Him forgetting about the shrine after all. Them passing each other multiple times. You can't even explain it in terms of 'it all gets erased' when things like the drawings he did of Itomori *did* stick around, as did the writing he did on her hand.

Oh poo poo lol I've read this Murakami short story

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I christen thee the Sayakan Plain!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Huh, that sure was an episode of Centaur

Class President's internal argument and the return of tiny ghost friend was good

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I didn't think much of the Isekai Shokudou OP when it first started but drat if it hasn't grown on me. I really like when they have that deeper vocalist take lead

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Knorth posted:

I didn't think much of the Isekai Shokudou OP when it first started but drat if it hasn't grown on me. I really like when they have that deeper vocalist take lead

Made in Abyss, Princess Principal, and Welcome To The Ballroom constantly fight for the top spot in my heart, but Shokudou's is incredibly fun too, I really like the vocals in it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am excited for the long-awaited arrival of the fairies

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Ooh, I don't tend to watch the previews, are they coming next week?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knorth posted:

Ooh, I don't tend to watch the previews, are they coming next week?

yeah, and it looks like they're gonna cause quite a stir in the restaurant!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I like the Ballroom OP a lot, it's very catchy. I don't think I have an opinion on the Abyss one, can't even remember it right now...

I also can't remember which thread I posted the Kakegurui OP webm in but that one is extremely good

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah, and it looks like they're gonna cause quite a stir in the restaurant!

Yessss

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Monmusu had a chapter about a harpy giving birth to an egg.

Graphically.

So, y'know, maybe the monster is Okayado.

I read that as Oyakodo first and now I'm wondering what harpy oyakodon would taste like. :yikes:

Also, popping in to say Made in Abyss is great, Rinne is still more of the exactly same and thus nice for winding down and laughing and dumb boys, Boruto is way too good for a Naruto spinoff for now (and I liked naruto, but I guess the first 20 eps of that were great too) and I really need to get around to watching more princess principal because the first two eps were great.

Also hyped as gently caress for the final final (final?) season of Gintama.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Colonel no...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really like the ED to Centaur's Worries. Which is odd because usually I'm not a big Rodgers and Hammerstein fan.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:five:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Knorth posted:

I like the Ballroom OP a lot, it's very catchy. I don't think I have an opinion on the Abyss one, can't even remember it right now...

I also can't remember which thread I posted the Kakegurui OP webm in but that one is extremely good
i got u
https://twitter.com/sn4wgn/status/881479520859045890

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:yeah:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I decided to try the Gal show, I mean, Galko was great and surprisingly thoughtful right? Gals are probably pretty interesting right?

I was so wrong.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Postal Parcel posted:

I decided to try the Gal show, I mean, Galko was great and surprisingly thoughtful right? Gals are probably pretty interesting right?

I was so wrong.

galko was good because it was written by a person who viewed women as human beings

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

The Colonel posted:

galko was good because it was written by a person who viewed women as human beings

nani?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Postal Parcel posted:

I was so wrong.

The new gyaru show was gyaruko, if gyrauko had no self-respect and half the main cast were reprehensible losers with no spine.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Goonko

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Galko-chan was great because there was only one lovely character. Hajimete no gal is hot garbage.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Blhue posted:

They seem to have fixed the thing where, accessing via browser, if you ever paused a video it would freeze up at some point after resuming, forcing you to refresh. I hardly ever use any app to access the service.

No they haven't :(

Also i forgot how cute+good the pres&delinquent girl were in tsurezure. I think i can actually keep up with the anime, instead of just getting confused at the manga.

Moltrey posted:

Yeah I watched like six eps of Tsurezure Children today and Dating Master kid and the council president x mean girl own

AnoHito posted:

Finally someone else here with taste.
:yeah:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

I was so wrong.
i mean, you were right that gals are cool, but the gal show this season is bad.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Women... as human... beings...??

:vince:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
galko: teenage girls talk about periods and stuff
hajimete no gal: weird guy REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wants to get laid by women with big titties

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

The Colonel posted:

galko: teenage girls talk about periods and stuff
hajimete no gal: weird guy REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wants to get laid by women with big titties

Galko: Galko-chan is actually a mom who takes care of everyone in her class by handing out soothing throat candies, fixing damaged nails and styling a guy's hair that fixes his self-esteem.

Hajimete no Gal: "I want this average male protagonist to do me, but I'll be a tease about it to reinforce his lovely views about girls since I'm written by a typical romcom author, but it keeps him hanging around me on the off-chance it happens "

Compendium fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 31, 2017

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Also i forgot how cute+good the pres&delinquent girl were in tsurezure. I think i can actually keep up with the anime, instead of just getting confused at the manga.
Only problem with the anime is they cut a lot of my fav couples while keeping a few I don't care about. Also, the digital release of the manga has made everything a lot easier to follow which, to me, was worth the $6 I spent on it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I am not too far into Sakura Quest but I like it. It is boring but I find the "Japanese bust town" setting interesting.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
The worst part of the 2 episodes I saw had to be the fat friend and the "little sister". I mean, they weren't even trying to make fun of that creepy guy having a penchant for minors and the not-really-a-sister had tits bigger than the 2 gals. I mean, MC aside, his friends are literally the worst. They aren't even somewhat endearing like the dudes in Prison School. Maybe that changes, but I do not think I really want to find out.

And on the topic of treating women like people, are you all saying this strategy guide to hookups I read in (what is essentially) playboy doesn't work on real people? Impossible!

In happier news, I also started the Abyss show and it's got really good animation and a sense of wonder about that I'm interested in following.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Agronox posted:

I am not too far into Sakura Quest but I like it. It is boring but I find the "Japanese bust town" setting interesting.

It's so close to Shirobako in tone but with none of the heart and intelligence. That bothers me far more than it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

an actual dog posted:

It's so close to Shirobako in tone but with none of the heart and intelligence. That bothers me far more than it should.

That's my main problem with it. It feels like Hanasaku Iroha with a bit of Shirobako thrown in except not nearly as well done as either of those shows were.

• Locked thread