Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

DrNutt posted:

Reinforced the idea that I would really like to see what a PUBG game made with a AAA budget and resources would look like.

DayZ battle royale mod would be sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Dryb posted:

You mean like PUBG?

Yep, that was the joke :)

To me, PUBG is the perfect iteration of the genre.

Groovelord Neato posted:

he said without the jankiness.

PUBG is basically jank-free compared to ARMA, especially ARMA II. A lot of the "jankiness" in PUBG is essentially on purpose. Things like different turning times based on weapons and acceleration/deceleration on movement is inspired by ARMA and intended to be pseudorealistic, but when you come from games like CS:GO and others, where you can change direction mid-air and turn on a penny in a heartbeat, it feels like jank.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
This game feels like it punishes you for shooting people center mass with assault rifles. A dude should not be able to take 5 AKM shots to the bod and not get at least knocked down.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Prescription Combs posted:

This game feels like it punishes you for shooting people center mass with assault rifles. A dude should not be able to take 5 AKM shots to the bod and not get at least knocked down.

It's a game.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

mfcrocker posted:

It's a game.

:allears:

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012
https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/903073074253148161

So if ranks are reset and it is unranked for 24 hours does that mean no ranked matchmaking for the day? I would really like to play some matches with people who are much worse than me.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

I'm just saying, it's a conscious decision to not reflect reality, perhaps because the gameplay works better if it takes a few body shots to kill you dead :shrug:

See: every shooter made in the last billion years

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

MY MMR WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME BRANDON PUBG MAN

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

mfcrocker posted:

It's a game.

Boy is he gonna be mad when he sees this:

https://youtu.be/p-2Pka9BA1w

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

The game is punishing you for your aim being poo poo. Go for the headshots

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

in real life you aim for center mass so it is kinda dumb. it's why hardcore is the only mode to play in the cod games.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 31, 2017

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Is no one going to mention that you don't even live through 5 AKM body shots? Unless those shots had such great intervals between them that the dude's energy could tick twice while he was also wearing a level 3 vest, there's no way he lived through five. Either way, get gooder

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 31, 2017

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

VulgarandStupid posted:

You got mad about a response saying this game has a lot of variables so there is no single great place to drop.

Next you'll ask if there's a singular config option you can change to make your game both beautiful and run well, while ignoring the last decade of hardware improvements.

I did?

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Groovelord Neato posted:

in real life you aim for center mass so it is kinda dumb. it's why hardcore is the only mode to play in the cod games.

Eh, its equally stupid to go from one extreme to the other. "Oh no he shot my toe!" *dead*

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Hate to say it but you probably shot the guy in the arms once or twice. Unless they have a level 3 vest, the AK kills with 3 body shots. Probably not your fault, the netcode is really not good and the servers have a really low tick rate.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

When people are running or aiming and you just go for center mass you're probably going to hit arms and legs a few times.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

People are already scared to move most of the time. If the game was like RO in terms of damage it would be the absolute worst. I like the weapon balance, though SMGs are a little meh. Shotguns are the light.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

There's always a balance between realism and making a fun game.

In reality if you get shot in the toe or hand with a pistol from 100m away then it's probably game over but that wouldn't make for a very fun game.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WirelessPillow posted:

Eh, its equally stupid to go from one extreme to the other. "Oh no he shot my toe!" *dead*

i agree. that's why i wasn't arguing that.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Whenever you have a complaint about pubg just hop on back to arma 3 king of the hill for a few minutes

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
got to 8000 in duos, feelz gewd

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ9k7L3hVqU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Have you tried aiming for heads?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's cool that most guns are good, but if you aim for the head all the guns are good

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's cool that most guns are good, but if you aim for the head all the guns are good

Conversely, aim for the dick, they'll take body damage as if they have no vest and will die pretty quickly.

LE
Oct 19, 2002

This might be good for the OP

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Oh hey, there 'is' a way for you manually throw a grenade underhanded.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Whoa, what is "watch bullet drop"? Is that a cheeky way to say "shoot" or a real thing?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean, the keybind is 'left click hold' so i don't know what else it could be

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
If you stay scoped on your sniper you can see the bullet tracer/drop. Guess you have to click and hold for that to happen.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Conversely, aim for the dick, they'll take body damage as if they have no vest and will die pretty quickly.

"Please thread" :rolleyes:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Whoa, what is "watch bullet drop"? Is that a cheeky way to say "shoot" or a real thing?

to be more clear: with single shot rifles like the kar98 if you don't let go and let the reload animation happen it stays zoomed in so you can watch the bullet path and walk in your shots

Molchane
Dec 13, 2014

If you hold left click while shooting a gun that needs to load the next shot(kar98, m24, awm) which takes your view off the person your shooting, it will delay that as long as the mouse is held down so you can see where the shot is landing. It's useful when shooting far.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

That's pretty cool. I'm terrible with the kar and often don't even pick it up but good to know.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

That's pretty cool. I'm terrible with the kar and often don't even pick it up but good to know.

Do you know about page up and page down?

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
My group refers to the flooded town as Houston, now. Topical AND edgy.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I hate the flooded town

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Do you know about page up and page down?
Yeah, though I'd really like that on my mousewheel. Estimating the distances is pretty hard, it'd be nice if the scope body markers were the right widths. I'd kinda rather use the scope lines than move my hand over to pgup/pgdn as is.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

LE posted:

Honk should be "F"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

LE posted:

ESDF is the superior movement key configuration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Some vehicles have a fifth seat and it's also missing q/e as left/right motorcycle air control in addition to forward/back.

EDIT: I assumed you made this but I don't know why, this was supposed to be genuine feedback not a nitpick of some image you found.

• Locked thread