Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It has ended, congrats Nazi B-team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
must be mint to be able to put out your 2nd team and still win the tournament

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Haha early whistle

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Awesome tactics Chile, waste millions of corners and crosses against a team twice your height.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Germany going 2 for 2 this summer with our second and third team. Nice.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Did the commentator seriously just call this an upset :psyduck:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
imagine not being german smh smgdh

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Chile? More like Cheap-le

Also lol at elbow guy getting a yellow.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ephex posted:

imagine not being german smh smgdh

EvilHawk posted:

Chile were favourites by far, all teams except Germany travelled to Russia in their optimal squad.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

EvilHawk posted:

I know right wtf

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Healbot posted:

Chile were favourites by far, all teams except Germany travelled to Russia in their optimal squad.

They're still the world champions

Playing Chile

It's not an upset

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

EvilHawk posted:

Playing Chile

It's not an upset

It is if you send your B-squad.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

EvilHawk posted:

Playing Chile

It's not an upset

This specific squad could maybe make it to a semi-final if they're very lucky.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
We did it, I guess :confuoot:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Ronaldo got fat.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Cor Lee Dixon was scathing, calling football a laughing stock. Harsh on Germany but fair

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dunban posted:

We did it, I guess :confuoot:

Had to win it in case they really abolish it.

Now we can be the first to win the World Cup after winning the Confed Cup.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Hope Germans are happy about winning this small time tournament that is considered so bad they are thinking of scrapping it and this was probably the last edition of it. It still doesn't erase the atrocities their fathers and grandfathers committed just a few decades ago, slaughtering millions, including children and women who they raped orally and anally before being burned to death. A blemish in world history, and they are to blame. When I and other football fans watch the German team play it's impossible for us not to think of the families who were left with nothing, of the parents who had to bury their children, and when we have to witness these Germans lift that Mickey Mouse cup in the air, though we will say nothing, tears will burn at our eyes and we will clench our fists and our whole bodies will shake vigorously, for some may forgive but we will never forget.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Hope Germans are happy about winning this small time tournament that is considered so bad they are thinking of scrapping it and this was probably the last edition of it. It still doesn't erase the atrocities their fathers and grandfathers committed just a few decades ago, slaughtering millions, including children and women who they raped orally and anally before being burned to death. A blemish in world history, and they are to blame. When I and other football fans watch the German team play it's impossible for us not to think of the families who were left with nothing, of the parents who had to bury their children, and when we have to witness these Germans lift that Mickey Mouse cup in the air, though we say nothing, tears will burn at our eyes and we will clench our fists and our whole body will shake vigorously, for some may forgive but we will never forget.

But Salazar?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Shane, dropping out of high school and joining the Nazi Party does not make you a man. Sitting behind a desk in Iraq for a year does not make you a man. Getting a tattoo after everyone else did does not make you a man. Last time we hung out my "skinny rear end" beat the poo poo out of you. You're not a man I hope you Germans are happy about winning this small time tournament that is considered so bad they are thinking of scrapping it and this was probably the last edition of it. It still doesn't erase the atrocities their fathers and grandfathers committed just a few decades ago, slaughtering millions, including children and women who they raped orally and anally before being burned to death. A blemish in world history, and they are to blame. When I and other football fans watch the German team play it's impossible for us not to think of the families who were left with nothing, of the parents who had to bury their children, and when we have to witness these Germans lift that Mickey Mouse cup in the air, though we will say nothing, tears will burn at our eyes and we will clench our fists and our whole bodies will shake vigorously, for some may forgive but we will never forget. And the only reason you aren't in jail is because I've got no loving evidence you did what you said. But I guarantee, if I get the chance to sell your white trash racist rear end down the river I will. With a loving smile. Choke on a dick and die you homophobe.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lmao

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

ahahahaha

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
This match will determine once and for all which is the greatest nation on Earth! Mexico or Portugal!

I hope Ariaga 2 comes off the bench.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Also I just noticed local idiot Gaussian Coppola posting in here and not getting any stick.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Hope Germans are happy about winning this small time tournament that is considered so bad they are thinking of scrapping it and this was probably the last edition of it. It still doesn't erase the atrocities their fathers and grandfathers committed just a few decades ago, slaughtering millions, including children and women who they raped orally and anally before being burned to death. A blemish in world history, and they are to blame. When I and other football fans watch the German team play it's impossible for us not to think of the families who were left with nothing, of the parents who had to bury their children, and when we have to witness these Germans lift that Mickey Mouse cup in the air, though we will say nothing, tears will burn at our eyes and we will clench our fists and our whole bodies will shake vigorously, for some may forgive but we will never forget.

agreed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9WGn2ukgQY&t=42s

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

This post brought tears to my eyes. Give MBM a trophy imo.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Taking my 4 year old step-son to the USMNT game in Nashville tomorrow against Panama. He recently started playing football and he is so excited for his first game. :911:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

someone unlock the gold cup 2015 thread so we can bump it, it's all the effort this tournament deserves

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
HEres the thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826211

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I heard a rumor that some bad football is happening today

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
what a friggin goal by Ronaldo...drat!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I hope the Frenchmen and the Dutchmen score a lot of goals (one down already)

And Ronaldo goal was phwoar indeed

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Dunno why this commentator is surprised France are the better side. Holland have been gash for years.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He seems genuinely baffled that these shithouse dutchmen aren't playing total football.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
:negative:

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Are you watching on sky? If so, yeah the commentary is awful. At least they stopped talking about transfers.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

13 goals in 6 games, this guy is pretty good!

Average Lettuce fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 31, 2017

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

What happened at Switzerland - Andorra? My tracker says it was suspended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

WanderingKid posted:

Are you watching on sky? If so, yeah the commentary is awful. At least they stopped talking about transfers.

I've had to mute it.

• Locked thread