Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
not sure if there really is a transfer market fix for a team whose holding mid will literally wander off the pitch in the middle of the opponent's attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
July: Arsenal reject £10m for Kieran Gibbs & decide £52m is too much for Lemar.

August: Arsenal accept £7m for Gibbs & bid £92m for Lemar.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Something about Arsenal bidding for Adrien Rabiot?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

PirateBob posted:

Signed for up to €80m one year ago, now playing for Swansea. Welp...

Pretty sure he 'only' cost like €35 million

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

shut up blegum posted:

Pretty sure he 'only' cost like €35 million

An initial €35m, rising to €80m with add-ons.

Lol:
https://twitter.com/Football_LDN/status/903299087608446977

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kind of amazing that there are literally zero center backs on the market better than Dejan Lovren.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://twitter.com/ChrisWheatley_/status/903300253553758208

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
honestly hadnt heard of this kid vOv

https://twitter.com/ChrisWheatley_/status/903259107809005568

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Kylian Mbappé to Paris Saint Germain is a done deal.

https://en.psg.fr/pro/article/kylian-mbappe-signs-with-paris-saint-germain

One year loan with option/obligation to buy.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
tweets for the tweet god

https://twitter.com/PSG_inside/status/903309309559394304

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

Kind of amazing that there are literally zero center backs on the market better than Dejan Lovren.
Well there's one CB on the market anyways.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/903310870838640640

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
thank god PSG finally reinforced that outstanding defense

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
PSG is gunna play 9 attacking players like a childs IRL FIFA squad with Thiago Silva as the only defender and go out in the second round of the champions league to shaktar or celtic

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Signing the Ox - pretty good
Signing Naby Keita - okay sure
Selling Sakho - no complaints
Loaning Origi - :(

Why are we loaning Origi? He's better than Ings and more reliable than Sturridge. Liverpool are obviously bossing it going forward but we're not overloaded with centre forwards at all.

Edit: also sign Van Dijk. The amount of "Liverpool submit a bid of a shitload of money for X" stories I've seen in the last week, I think the budget is probably there.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 31, 2017

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hoops posted:

Why are we loaning Origi? He's better than Ings and more reliable than Sturridge. Liverpool are obviously bossing it going forward but we're not overloaded with centre forwards at all.
Because he desperately wants minutes in order to make the Belgium WC squad and we cant give it to him. It's also no good for his development to never play him.

Joyce did note that they have the option to recall him in January if need be.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Kind of weird to be selling Sakho without signing another CB, I suppose this means Klopp sees Gomez as a first-team CB. Still leaves us very short on cover if anyone gets injured, especially since Gomez is already starting at RB with Clyne and TAA out.

I understand that Klopp and Sakho have personal issues but I always felt Sakho was very talented even though he always had the potential to completely lose the plot mentally. I guess that's not good enough for Jurgen.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

PirateBob posted:

Kylian Mbappé to Paris Saint Germain is a done deal.

https://en.psg.fr/pro/article/kylian-mbappe-signs-with-paris-saint-germain

One year loan with option/obligation to buy.

A one year loan

:thunk:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm really glad after promising benitez all the money from player sales + promotion + what was raised last year to spend he then didn't give it

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

This has been a lovely transfer window

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
perez has gone back to deportivo on loan

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

arsenal are poo poo

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Klopp / Ox hugs are going to be intense.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

vyelkin posted:

Kind of weird to be selling Sakho without signing another CB, I suppose this means Klopp sees Gomez as a first-team CB. Still leaves us very short on cover if anyone gets injured, especially since Gomez is already starting at RB with Clyne and TAA out.

I understand that Klopp and Sakho have personal issues but I always felt Sakho was very talented even though he always had the potential to completely lose the plot mentally. I guess that's not good enough for Jurgen.

Basically Sakho is a decent CB who can deal with aerial balls but Klopp wants him to be a ball playing defender and that's never gonna happen, the falling out just sealed the deal.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

can't wait for fifa to have meeting about psg and financial fair play and al-khelaifi will show up and throw money everywhere and they'll all start wanking each other off and nothing will ever happen

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Next Summer's explosion of 'How could we let Sanchez go for free' from Arsenal fansites/forums will be peak schadenfreude. Technically January as that's when he'll probably agree to go to City, assuming PSG don't swoop in with a 20+ million a year salary offer.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

The obligation to buy next summer is triggered if PSG avoid relegation.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

One year loan with option to buy, option not obligation because you have to write obligations off now, but with option they can wait till next season

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

PSG spending £300m on two players, not even accounting for their wages. loving hell

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

And the F5'ing can end.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/903328657971785728

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol if you didn't think that was going to happen

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

PSG getting somehow hit with a transfer ban because of the neymar shenanigans and being unable to sign mmmnnbop permanently would be extremely my poo poo

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

After this summer a new FFP window starts - I think they're 3 years long or whatever

Idk they were talking about it on talk sport

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Have PSG broken any of the existing rules in the moves that they have made (specifically with regards to Neymar and Mbappé obviously)?

Googling and reading an article about it seems to indicate that they haven't currently broken FFP with Neymar's deal, but have to generate a certain amount of revenue going forward that exceeds the ratio of salary to not cross into a threshold of breaking those rules, and then add the enormous amount of Mbappé on top of that would make it even more likely that they break that mark. Is that correct?

I feel like PSG ownership must have contract law people who know this stuff and have sorted out the details so I assume it's within the very faint ethical bounds of FIFA. It just seemed like all the other major clubs in the world were completely floored by the way PSG dominated the market.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PST posted:

Next Summer's explosion of 'How could we let Sanchez go for free' from Arsenal fansites/forums will be peak schadenfreude. Technically January as that's when he'll probably agree to go to City, assuming PSG don't swoop in with a 20+ million a year salary offer.

Yeah it was a dumb idea, and I'm annoyed that we kept him.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Thirteenth Step posted:

After this summer a new FFP window starts - I think they're 3 years long or whatever

Idk they were talking about it on talk sport

What? They're not rolling windows?! That is monumentally stupid

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
proven goalscorer to Spurs is a done deal

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
they've basically broken up two huge purchases into 2 years with the mmmbop loan deal, so it'll be reassessed next year. if they're found in violation, which I suppose is technically a possibility, then any sanctions won't go into place until the year after that.

I don't know what PSGs finances are like, but it seems almost impossible that they'd be solvent after paying that much in transfer fees and on top of that having likely the largest wage bill in world sports. so, I suspect they're planning on one or more of the following:

- corruption
- indifference
- a change in the rules

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Healbot posted:

Scousers and Gunners making this thread almost unreadable, like every loving time around deadline day.

they are scum OP

West007
Apr 21, 2013

How is going to PSG good for mbop? He is young and needs playing time and I think he will get less in PSG than monaco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Weaponized Cum posted:

proven goalscorer to Spurs is a done deal

Trippier whipping balls onto Llorente's noggin will be a potent combination in the Europa league.

• Locked thread