Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Xaerael posted:

Tempting, especially since it's after all my events are done for the year...

Do it you fanny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Aristeia Rules Summary

http://www.lead-rising.com/2017/08/aristeia-rules-summary.html?m=1

Deviant fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 28, 2017

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
That's a lot of custom d6's.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
The demos I saw/participated in at Gencon moved pretty quick and it was easy to pick up. You're never really rolling more than 3 dice at a time but that might change, who knows.

They did say 4 more characters would be released in Feb '18.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

For those interested in coming, we have 4 out of 24 spaces left for my winter tournament, so if you're thinking of coming get those tickets in!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I'd love to come and throw down with you guys, but alas, the airfare would break me.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

It may have flown under some folk's radar, but the a HQ recording of the Gencon seminar was uploaded, and it has cut aways for the concept art, renders and stuff.

New stuff all starts here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WadBuq8Em0&t=2516s

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ilor posted:

I'd love to come and throw down with you guys, but alas, the airfare would break me.

Yeah that's fair. UK goons have no such excuse!

That seminar recording is good. Will watch tomorrow while painting.

Also for those thinking of coming to my event. We're onto our last two tickets so get them while you can!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I wish I could commit to the tourney, but my schedule still isn't totally locked in. The never ending joys of self employment.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

You can always get a ticket and cancel if you can't make it. Get a refund up to a week in advance :)

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Having watched the seminar vid, it's very well done. The sound is good and the cut-aways to the actual renders and pics of the new stuff are really nice.

One thing makes me nervous, though - they talk about advancing the metaplot, and that's always fraught with peril. I don't think I've ever seen a Wargaming/RPG property that didn't completely gently caress up everything cool about it its setting by advancing its metaplot (I'm looking right straight at you two, Battletech and Shadowrun). Infinity as it is now is pretty rad, and I'd hate to see them ruin it by trying to get "super kewl new wow wiz-bang awesome!"

EDIT: Carlos is a pretty good presenter, and his crazy Spaniard accent certainly helps. I loved the bit where he pointed to the wreckage that the new Avatar is standing on and totally dead-pan said, "Congratulations, Tohaa players, here is your new Gorgos."

Ilor fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 30, 2017

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, I just finished watching it and it was nice to hear from info behind each stuff. 4x Hospitaller box incoming for example.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Ilor posted:

You're gonna do the Michigan GT, right? Less than an hour away...

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Under 15 posted:

You're gonna do the Michigan GT, right? Less than an hour away...
I really want to this year. Much will depend on my travel schedule for work, though.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Blatant crossposting!

Signal posted:

My Maghariba Guard turned out much better, however.

I was challenged to weather it intensely, like the studio model. Lots of fun, and I'm glad to have it finally finished.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Signal posted:

Blatant crossposting!

Dang, that is niiiiice. I should get to work on mine at some point.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That Maggie is loving wicked!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

luv 2 c finished maggies

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Thanks guys! I bought it when it came out, but I've been procrastinating since. :p

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Very nice Maggie, the weathering is hot af

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
Oh man, are all your Haqq that scheme? It's so sexy.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

unpainted poo poo from one of the best maggies ive ever seen but:

lets play guess what killed Penny, not pictured are two more Rodoks with Boarding Shotguns. the answer is the pistol from the HMG Rodok

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Penny is wonderful and all, but that just looks like assisted suicide frankly.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Haha yeah a few of us questioned it massively.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Not sure if anyone can give a good answer to this, but I'm looking at the Qapu Khalqi box but am also hesitant given that it might be redone like the Hassassin box. Are people thinking that any new box will come with 3x Hazfa and then replace the Odalisque/al'Hawwa/Djanbazan Sniper? Is there any real need for more than three Hazfa?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think it's lower priority than the other starter boxes as the sculpts are better on average. Think it will get a resculpt but not for at least 18 months.

I'm really tempted by ASA with their new starter pack :(

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Pyrolocutus posted:

Not sure if anyone can give a good answer to this, but I'm looking at the Qapu Khalqi box but am also hesitant given that it might be redone like the Hassassin box.

Unlikely. Sculpts are pretty good and with the Hassassin box being redone they'll probably do others first. Word is 2018 is another Year of Yu Jing and there's supposed to be new JSA coming which could really use a new starter.

Flipswitch posted:

Do it. The big issue is that you need way more than two combi Regulars for a link team. There's also supposed to be a new Guarda coming eventually.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Flipswitch posted:

I think it's lower priority than the other starter boxes as the sculpts are better on average. Think it will get a resculpt but not for at least 18 months.

Oh god yeah ASA. The tikbalang is the best tag.

Han Feizi
Jul 20, 2014
I've finally taken the plunge into Infinity, and our Warcor is hosting an escalation league in 2 weeks. 120 points, no LT, no advanced rules. That's pretty much just hacking and terrain rules, right? I have one intro game under my belt, so my expectations are nil, but its a pretty good motivator to paint and get into the game. Here's my feeble attempt at list building:

Nomads
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

5 1
ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
MOBILE BRIGADA MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
GRENZER MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
BOUNTY HUNTER Sniper Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 19)

2 SWC | 120 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Any thoughts or criticism is greatly appreciated.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Han Feizi posted:

I've finally taken the plunge into Infinity, and our Warcor is hosting an escalation league in 2 weeks. 120 points, no LT, no advanced rules. That's pretty much just hacking and terrain rules, right? I have one intro game under my belt, so my expectations are nil, but its a pretty good motivator to paint and get into the game. Here's my feeble attempt at list building:

Nomads

5 1
MOBILE BRIGADA MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
GRENZER MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
BOUNTY HUNTER Sniper Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 19)

2 SWC | 120 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Any thoughts or criticism is greatly appreciated.

Games that small are frequently on smaller than standard maps and I'm not sure I like sniper rifles if that is the case. Maybe look into a boarding shotgun for shorter range bands?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Yeah, look for Spitfire or Red Fury loadouts!

Han Feizi
Jul 20, 2014
Thanks for the advice, I will definitely look for shorter bands and higher bursts! I was just trying to use the models I have on hand.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

Unlikely. Sculpts are pretty good and with the Hassassin box being redone they'll probably do others first. Word is 2018 is another Year of Yu Jing and there's supposed to be new JSA coming which could really use a new starter.

Do it. The big issue is that you need way more than two combi Regulars for a link team. There's also supposed to be a new Guarda coming eventually.

Yeah they could do with a duo pack for sensor and something else. Probs hacker and fast panda. Lgl too wtf?

That hacker looks like a nomad walked into the wrong faction. These guys changed a lot since N2.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Sep 2, 2017

Aix Athanatos
Nov 3, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

The new Bagh Mari box is hot poo poo, there's a bunch of new Akali sculpts, and the Tik is a pretty pretty TAG. If you do buy in, and you should, make sure to pick up the character Akal and fistful of Nagas too.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, I used to play them back in N2 for a little bit, but mostly NCA/vPanO, but the new stuff is loving awesome. I sold off all my PanO after a few years but ASA have always been the cool kids sectorial.

It'd be
-Starter
-Support Pack
-REMs
-Bulleteers
-Bagh-Mari
-HMG BM
-Singh
-Naga duo blister
-Tikbalang (split in half with an NCA buddy)

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Han Feizi posted:

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely look for shorter bands and higher bursts! I was just trying to use the models I have on hand.

The Spektr is my favorite unit in the Nomad starter, I'd highly recommend it over the Grenzer.

If people are OK with proxies you can also use it as a Zero minelayer for fewer points and more mind games. No one should be confused due to the different camo token. Their models look nearly the same unpainted.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

Han Feizi posted:

Yeah, I don't know what other wargames you've played, but I don't think most of the community is strict on WYSIWYG. Hell, some model/weapon combos don't even have sculpts period xD

Han Feizi
Jul 20, 2014
I took the advice into consideration and here's what I came up with. I'm just not sure how I feel about the Spitfire being on a BS10 moderator in the second list, and its a little light on SWC.

Nomads

GRENZER Spitfire / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
MOBILE BRIGADA Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)
RIOT GRRL Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)

1.5 SWC | 120 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Nomads

MODERATOR Spitfire / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 15)
GRENZER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
ZERO Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)

0.5 SWC | 118 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Han Feizi posted:

I took the advice into consideration and here's what I came up with. I'm just not sure how I feel about the Spitfire being on a BS10 moderator in the second list, and its a little light on SWC.

Nomads

GRENZER Spitfire / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
RIOT GRRL Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)

1.5 SWC | 120 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Nomads

MODERATOR Spitfire / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 15)
GRENZER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
ZERO Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)

0.5 SWC | 118 Points

Open in Infinity Army

At 120 points I wouldn't sweat heavy weapons. Just get as many orders as possible, since anyone will be able to kill anyone.

I'd definitely use a zero since mines will be unusually strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
So, I played at a very small 300 pt ITS tourney today, someone invited me round as they are trying to get off the ground as a regular thing, and this was in Wolverhampton, relatively close to me. There were only 7 players plus the organiser, who is almost certainly the strongest player there. He played to round out the numbers, going against the lowest-scoring player each time and giving them a 2-pt tournament bye. This kind of worked in that I don't think it altered the final winner, but it can't have been much fun for those struggling after a losing game, to have to play a first-class player with his tuned-up Tohaa tourney list!

Anyway, Tournament Report:

Game 1: Transmission Matrix, against Imperial Service. I won the Lt roll, picking deployment and my opponent opted to go first. Great, that is pretty much the optimal start to this mission, where going second is a really big advantage. I saw his list of 8 kuang shi and an alternative link of Crane + celestial guards, as well as utility and EVO remotes and the ubiquitous Sophotect. For some reason, this made me think his reserve model would be an MSV2, probably an HMG Hsien. Maybe I was too fixated on this. So I deployed mostly head down, and he plunked down a Smart Missile Launcher remote! I can't remember the last time I played against one, and it took me aback. My opponent had a whole plan worked out for the mission, he could spotlight anything within 4" of an objective with a hacker, and he used his mesenger remotes' sniffers to Sat-Lock models, making them 'Targeted', with his FO remote. This missile barrage was only able to kill 2 models though, and my TR bot won a handy burst-off against his linked Celestial Guard spitfire.

So not a bad first turn at all, although I was very scared for a minute. With the shock withstood I didn't have much trouble seizing more Zones of Operations using my second-turn advantage to fairly efficiently work around his models' placement. This put my up by 4 pts going into Round 3. My opponent could have turned it all around with a surprise-reveal Ninja KHD; but my Bandit KHD punked him on the ARO. The Bandit went on to try and hack down an EVO bot - he got done in by the ARO! Rather upsetting. Anyway, I was just able to keep him down to 1 Zone controlled whilst still Securing his HVT. So, 10-4 Victory to Corregidor. This guy was probably the most assured player I faced today, his plan was ok and he wrong-footed me. Going second was a huge advantage and I think it gave me the game, with better luck overall giving me the major victory. Still quite pleased with myself as I took the Kuang Shi out efficiently and I used my Intruder just the right way.

Game 2: Supplies, against Neoterran Capitaline Army. Knew this would be a weird one. I won the first roll, picked deployment, he chose to go first. OK with that given what would probably be a low-model count army - Supplies can be a tricky mission to go first in, you need the orders if you want to get any objectives done without opening yourself up. My opponent stuck a surprising number of models in TO deployment, I think 4? Only a full link of Fusiliers, an ODD-bot and a TR remote were on the table. He used his first hidden model, a Swiss Guard missile launcher, very well, taking out my TR remote. He then took a basic coin flip of his missile launcher against mine, plus 2 separate rifle AROs. We both lost missile launchers and I lost both other models - honestly that was pure luck on his part, but not a game-making move. Weird. His other moves were mostly revealing different hidden models and moving them forward. I counter-attacked with the Intruder HMG, gunning down a TR remote, a Hexas and an ODD-bot, but bouncing of the armour of another Swiss Guard (AHD). Other efforts to kill his Hexas/Swiss combo on the other flank were stymied. In a bizarre mirror of last game's KHD showdown, I tried to surprise-shot out-burst his KHD with mine, and got punked on the ARO! Jaguars got me out of that one. He killed my Intruder and honestly I really didn't feel like I had anything left that could take on his TO elites.

Going into Round 3, he had taken one box, but had to drop it in an effort to recamo and not get Jaguar'd. He had way more points left than me, but it was mostly in his 2 Swiss Guard, one of whom was locked in combat with a Jaguar. So he wasn't able to actually hold any objective boxes. I was really, really battered, maybe 100 points left. But I just managed to seize one box and Secure the HVT by tying the other SG up with my other surviving Jaguar! Symmetry! 7-2 Victory to Corregidor. Again I felt quite lucky to squeeze a major victory, could easily have slipped away into a draw. His force was surprisingly killy and again I was a bit slow to adjust my thinking. I plain threw away several orders and a model in one play, on round 2, by failing to really appreciate how the -6 TO modifier stacked up!

Game 3: Firefight, against Haqqislam. My opponent on this one, I have seen before at tournaments but never played. He must have been on 2 wins, but maybe he randomly drew the 'bye' 2-pt win in the first round. Very sportsmanlike, friendly guy, but not a very serious players. He took 2 Al-Fasids, which fair play are good units, but I went first, his deployment was definitely too aggressive to stand the shock, he lost both at the opening of the turn. I killed my way through his whole army pretty rapidly. He took it very cheerfully, but I kind of would have preferred a more comptetive game. Still, a pretty fun game, all the elements of my aggressive list (I took McMurrough and Senor Massacre Haris as the meat of my second group) got their time to shine. 9-1 Victory to Corregidor.

So, all in all I won the tournament. I have to not though that there were only 6 other competitors; several, although I didn't play them, were very new. And critically, the TO, giving byes for every game, scored 27 OPs to my 26 with his terrifying Tohaa. So while I was happy to gather in a box of Yu Jing remotes and an OOP Hsien w/multirifle, I don't really count it as a tournament win. We will see if I can face and defeat those same Tohaa next time (I've only played the guy once, last event I went to. He crushed me. But I was well rusty, I'd like to try again)

I am attending the Masters tournament in Birmingham in a couple weeks. Is anyone else going?

• Locked thread