Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

thats not an opinion

Alright, obtuse on my clit, here it is in opinion form:

Caufman posted:

In my opinions, Senua's Sacrifice is not playable until the Shotgun DLC drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I mean that's just factually wrong, as it is playable

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Where's the cover button?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The thing RT is best for is that if you are a fan of horror movies, you can kind of pre screen what movies are totally unwatchable vs. entertaining.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Kirby's Dream Land 3 is better than Kirby Super Star

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Kirby's Dream Land 3 is better than Kirby Super Star

all kirby games are good but my favorite is 64

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

spit on my clit posted:

all kirby games are good
Hopefully this is the wrong thread for that.

spit on my clit posted:

but my favorite is 64
This is a good choice!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Pop punk is amazing

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

We Know Catheters posted:

Pop punk is amazing

Agreed

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Pop punk is amazing

I like a lot of non-Billboards, DIY pop punk and ska punk bands. Max Levine Ensemble and Bomb the Music Industry! are my favorites.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I have no idea what qualifies which band as what genre anymore. I think I roughly like alternative and indie folk?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

veni veni veni posted:

The thing RT is best for is that if you are a fan of horror movies, you can kind of pre screen what movies are totally unwatchable vs. entertaining.

I've found it to be really inconsistent for my taste in horror movies. You have really highly rated ones like the babadook that I didn't like, but then movies I thought were good (or at least hilarious) down at the 0-20% range. But in most cases when I'm just picking a random one on exodus there are just no reviews available, maybe 1 or 2.

Mostly I go with whether the cover/name sounds cool, and then watch the first 10 minutes. Especially with horror movies if the first 10 minutes suck, you can safely shut it off and not miss anything.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pop punk is amazing

Gimme Durch den Monsun any day.

Well, maybe every other day.

As long as I don't have to watch the video.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

spit on my clit posted:

all kirby games are good but my favorite is 64

The one where everything was made out of yarn or string or whatever was cool looking stylistically but it felt like playing a game they'd use to distract terminally ill elderly people before euthanizing them

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Aphrodite posted:

There were no good games before 2005.

How about Barkley shut up and jam: Gaiden?

EDIT:
NVM I am an idiot. How about Wind Waker?

Midig has a new favorite as of 09:27 on Sep 1, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I've found it to be really inconsistent for my taste in horror movies. You have really highly rated ones like the babadook that I didn't like, but then movies I thought were good (or at least hilarious) down at the 0-20% range. But in most cases when I'm just picking a random one on exodus there are just no reviews available, maybe 1 or 2.

Mostly I go with whether the cover/name sounds cool, and then watch the first 10 minutes. Especially with horror movies if the first 10 minutes suck, you can safely shut it off and not miss anything.

For me, I rarely like campy horror movies and 80% of self serious horror movie are completely unwatchable. If it has at least 60% on RT at least I'll know it's probably worth sitting through even if it isn't good. I also watch a lot of indie horror on Netflix and sometimes it's hard to weed out whats decent and what is sheer boredom without RT.

Unrelated PHUO: Ewoks were great.

Also, a horror related one. Drag me To Hell is the best thing Sam Raimi has done.

veni veni veni has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Sep 1, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

veni veni veni posted:

Also, a horror related one. Drag me To Hell is the best thing Sam Raimi has done.

I liked it a lot, but mostly because I think alison lohman is really hot.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pop punk is amazing

:agreed: although I'm not sure this counts as an unpopular opinion considering the main complaint against it is that it's too popular and accessible.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my complaint is the stupid fake valley girl accents

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'll always fully support whatever is the most mainstream and popular and the biggest sellouts.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I hate it when other people like what I like.

I also hate it when other people don't like what I like.

I also hate it when other people like what I don't like.

Shared disdain is the only true friendship.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pop punk is good if it's like, the Ramones or Screeching weasel, but late 90's vans warped tour bro punk is the worst.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's like description of the differences between each type of ska I once heard: first wave ska from Jamaica is all about racism and juvenile delinquency; second wave ska from England is all about multiculturalism and unemployment; third wave ska from California is about how your dad bought you a lovely car.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Dross posted:

I hate it when other people like what I like.

I also hate it when other people don't like what I like.

I also hate it when other people like what I don't like.

Shared disdain is the only true friendship.

I like you.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
isnt pop punk an oxymoron

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It makes me sad when threads get re-railed from the true hilarity of goon meltdowns.

I was reading the marketing failures thread that I haven't read since say, roundabouts June 1, and hoo boy there is a doozy of a meltdown right after I quit. I'm over marketing moves give me more of that.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
What the hell is pop punk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gk6bAz4au4

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Despite everything, Weezer is a good band.

And Pinkerton is a fantastic album even if Rivers is the whiniest little poo poo of all time.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It makes me sad when threads get re-railed from the true hilarity of goon meltdowns.

I was reading the marketing failures thread that I haven't read since say, roundabouts June 1, and hoo boy there is a doozy of a meltdown right after I quit. I'm over marketing moves give me more of that.

Are you talking about the first of like three derails about United?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Henchman of Santa posted:

Are you talking about the first of like three derails about United?

Oh god, are there more?

Also forums opinion, possibly unpopular: the game of thrones spoiler thread I'm scrolling through at work atm seems to be full of some of the most joyless, bitter nerds on this forum

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Oh god, are there more?

It got so out of control that the thread closed for 24 hours.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Link to the start?

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also forums opinion, possibly unpopular: the game of thrones spoiler thread I'm scrolling through at work atm seems to be full of some of the most joyless, bitter nerds on this forum

I agree with this, I had to stop following it. It seems every tviv thread ends up that way, though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You should have seen The Bad Thread in it's glory days. The GoT Spoiler threads are but a pale moon reflecting the brilliance that was the burning sun of TBT's self loathing.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

This is all of TVIV actually.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Self-loathing is, perhaps, the worst thing to have. Along with all negative feelings.

If you are sad and weird, you should stop being you, and instead be happy and normal.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Aramek posted:

If you are sad and weird, you should stop being you, and instead be happy and normal.

Not a terribly unpopular opinion, that.

content: Actually posting is awful.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There is posting, there is sperging about a topic. We all know it, we all do it.

And then there's a crab-bucket of goons clawing over each other to post the same hilarious hot takes over and over interspersed with "b-b-but... THE BOOKS" multi-paragraph rants.

Meanwhile the rest of us just down a few beers and cheer at the fan service and dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Aramek posted:

Self-loathing is, perhaps, the worst thing to have. Along with all negative feelings.

You should drink and do drugs until you die, or become happy.