Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Straight White Shark posted:

Highlight of my deathmatch career: screwing around with Zarya (who I am bad at and is bad in deathmatch) a genji pulls out his dragon blade right in front of me. I drop graviton surge and laser him to death while he's helpless. Genji is not happy.

I hope this happens to every genji in every game. gently caress that guy, he's a waste of a slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

And Tyler Too! posted:

They need to add a rabbit mode and only characters with rapid movement are available.

If you check the custom game browser it's wall to wall deathmatch variants as far as the eye can see.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
DM no thanks.

TDM yes please.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Do people use the custom game browser much? Any rulesets that end up being a lot of fun?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

exquisite tea posted:

Do people use the custom game browser much? Any rulesets that end up being a lot of fun?
Only Junkrat, projectile speed +250%, 1 second mine cooldown, KotH.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Kokoro Wish posted:

DM no thanks.

TDM yes please.

DM doesn't trigger my "Hm, our team needs a healer, I'd better pick one" impulse, so it's cool in my book.

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

The Lord of Hats posted:

DM doesn't trigger my "Hm, our team needs a healer, I'd better pick one" impulse, so it's cool in my book.

Or general performance anxiety as you aren't in a team.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
I always end up with a full game when I start a "McCree's Highest Noon" custom match: Skirmish, McCree only, left-click only, no reload, high jump speed, low gravity, 500% ult generation, ilios map

Good for aim AND satisfying quad kills, as long as everyone is playing along and jumping up into the shooting gallery

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Junkrat with 2 mines is my jam right now.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Yeah FFA is the most chill mode they have and not having to even think about anyone else while I run around shooting people is really nice.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Field Mousepad posted:

It's so good. Being able to launch to the high ground and immediately blow up who ever is up there without waiting around for 10 seconds is so nice.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I had no idea that I could Mcree somewhat. I've won 3 FFAs with him without even an hour of QP on him. Most of that is skillless surprise FTH though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Imagine what you could do with him if you could aim.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Field Mousepad posted:

Yeah I was excited for that change when they first announced and it's even better than I thought it would be. Any time something with a cooldown moves to a charge system it's so insanely strong, a lesson that wow's Legion expansion wanted to teach everybody when all the best legendaries did exactly that. You get the utility of being able to use the move twice, and you're always generating "value" from having it coming off cooldown more often (while still usable). It's great

RE: The other junker, I feel like all Roadhog needs at this point is -1, maybe -2 seconds off Hook cooldown OR a sixth round of ammo per reload. If they want to make him more of an actual "tank" and not just an ult charging liability then they're gonna need to add some damage reduction beyond when he's just huffing, even if it's just like a fading 20% reduction after using take a breather, but I think going down that route is just folly, b/c either way he's too much of a liability for what he provides.

Minera fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 31, 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
In Junkrat's case it's even better because before you were forced to decide between having mobility or burst damage, now you can have both or double down on one or the other. It's way better than a straight numbers buff would have been.

Also the new tire seems all right, self rooting to ult is still kind of a big drawback but the tire feels way more responsive.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Xarbala posted:

Imagine what you could do with him if you could aim.

One of my favorite things about mystery heroes is discovering who you're good with.

Getting a 25 streak with McCree is amazing when you barely play him.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

In Junkrat's case it's even better because before you were forced to decide between having mobility or burst damage, now you can have both or double down on one or the other. It's way better than a straight numbers buff would have been.

Also the new tire seems all right, self rooting to ult is still kind of a big drawback but the tire feels way more responsive.

Yeah you can do crazy poo poo and come at weird angles now between both the speed and the climbing buff. Both result in him spending less time IN the ult too, which is nice. He finally just feels good to play. Also maybe I just suck at aiming but with double mine you have a fighting chance against genjis and tracers, whereas before they both probably had the advantage fighting against you (imo)

Honestly pretty happy with the patch, especially Roadhog when everyone went "ooooh no he's still gonna SUCK" when moving with breathing makes him feel so much better to play. I'm looking forward to trying the DVA rework since everyone has insanely silly "NO SHE DOES TOO MUCH DAMAGE" and "NO SHE DOES NO DAMAGE SHES BAD NOW" with no in between opinions

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Tracer absolutely still has the advantage against Junkrat, this didn't change anything.

Genji probably does too but it's closer than it used to be.

Junkrat still feels like rear end to play outside of when you have both concs available because his grenades still move like they're floating through a viscous liquid.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Roadhog was the biggest surprise to me, he just feels so smooth now that he can move while E-ing (and I wonder why I never wished for this before). I've only played him in FFA so far though, want to try competitive with him and see how he is (probably not good still).

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Yeah, FFA does a lot to play to Roadhog's strengths and diminish his weaknesses but he still suffers elsewhere.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've been playing SO much Mcree lately and honestly forgot he even has FTH. Would help with hogs and shields I guess.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
If they redid the drag distance of his hook so it let you land more consistent shots against squishy heroes with small hitboxes Hog would be better. As it stands you can do everything right, land the perfect hook, reel someone in, aim squarely at them, and do maybe half damage to them at which point they [INSERT MOBILITY POWER HERE] and get away leaving you standing around like an rear end in a top hat. That's the problem with Hog in a nutshell right now, you aren't really consistently rewarded for playing well. Waddling around soaking fire while huffing paint is kinda funny for a bit but that's about all it is.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I don't have the composure to combine a flashbang with a headshot yet, but I'm going to try now that FFA exists.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jinh posted:

I've been playing SO much Mcree lately and honestly forgot he even has FTH. Would help with hogs and shields I guess.

fth is less efficient than just shooting the hog in the head. it does like ~200 damage and you have to reload afterwards because you used all of your bullets; a headshot does 140 and you can get like 2-3 off in the same amount of time

it is good for shields tho. it's also nice for squishies if you're not sure you can nail pointblank headshots

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

headcase posted:

I don't have the composure to combine a flashbang with a headshot yet, but I'm going to try now that FFA exists.

Being able to practice stuff like this is the best part of FFA, along with everything else about FFA. Super fast respawns and you don't have to worry about teammates messing things up or messing things up for teammates.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

fth is less efficient than just shooting the hog in the head. it does like ~200 damage and you have to reload afterwards because you used all of your bullets; a headshot does 140 and you can get like 2-3 off in the same amount of time

it is good for shields tho. it's also nice for squishies if you're not sure you can nail pointblank headshots

Pretty much what I thought, I don't even use it with flashbang. I should probably learn when it is good though and incorporate it. Think I put about 10 hours this week into him in DM and various arcade games but haven't touched right click except accidentally.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

It's just so satisfying to light up a mei with all of your ammo :(

edit: (while laughing maniacally)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Fan the Hammer is one of those weird abilities whose usefulness in inversely related to how good you are, and the better you get the less good it becomes.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
its almost always good if you don't have any other targets to immediately follow up on after confirming a kill

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
hmm looks like the newest update broke something. Overwatch forces Windowed mode despite me selecting Full Screen in the menu, hitting alt-enter, and editing the setting.int file.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

OhFunny posted:

hmm looks like the newest update broke something. Overwatch forces Windowed mode despite me selecting Full Screen in the menu, hitting alt-enter, and editing the setting.int file.

I haven't been having that issue, but I've noticed that voice lines are now super wonky...they seem to cut out frequently or simply not play at all, during end of match card votes, character spawning, even things like ult callouts aren't always firing. A lot of people are noting various other sound issues in the bug report forum.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've had a recent issue with the sound cutting out every time team chat comes on. I turned off team chat and was none the wiser.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

TDM thoughts:
- for some reason chateau isn't in the rotation??
- spawn locations need some work. it's Real loving Neato to just spawn into the line of sight of a turret and be at half health with no useful medkits nearby.
- just remove all the 2cp maps from the rotation. they're loving massive, lead to weird imbalanced and spread out games where one team claims an easily defensible point (like say........... the point) and then just holds the choke as your team spawns with no good way to approach.
- the hero elim/deathmatch maps lead to the best games imo. the inclusion of medkits did SO MUCH for those maps, like drat.

Minera fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 31, 2017

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
TDM and FFA rule.

That's all I have to say.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Kai Tave posted:

If they redid the drag distance of his hook so it let you land more consistent shots against squishy heroes with small hitboxes Hog would be better. As it stands you can do everything right, land the perfect hook, reel someone in, aim squarely at them, and do maybe half damage to them at which point they [INSERT MOBILITY POWER HERE] and get away leaving you standing around like an rear end in a top hat. That's the problem with Hog in a nutshell right now, you aren't really consistently rewarded for playing well. Waddling around soaking fire while huffing paint is kinda funny for a bit but that's about all it is.

I do wonder why they haven't walked back on that nerf yet, after they already nerfed his per-shot damage. Maybe it'd just cause people to get hook melee comboed to death again and we'd just have old hog back.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Yukari posted:

I do wonder why they haven't walked back on that nerf yet, after they already nerfed his per-shot damage. Maybe it'd just cause people to get hook melee comboed to death again and we'd just have old hog back.

They won't walk it back because it admits they were wrong and they're not going to do that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they don't want you to do more consistent damage with roadhog so I doubt they'd do anything that does that. I'd appreciate it if they reverted the cooldown on the hook tho

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Junkrat seems kinda unfair almost for deathmatch. I also kept getting hosed up by the lack of deathcam and how fast you respawn in deathmatch

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Yukari posted:

i dont think they've ever reverted a single nerf

even if a hero gets nerfed to unusability they just try to find wierd dumb ways to alternatively buff the hero instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Minrad posted:

i dont think they've ever reverted a single nerf

even if a hero gets nerfed to unusability they just try to find wierd dumb ways to alternatively buff the hero instead

Widow scope time nerf was reverted. Projectile nerfs were reverted, mostly.

I think Roadhog is kinda okay now, though probably still not good. He can secure a good number of kills, especially with a little help (its not kill stealing if you shoot his hooked target, i promise), and he's incredibly durable with the vape life change. He's still a huge feeder, and his durability is more "oops i shouldnt be here im gonna just chug this and go" then "i am providing defense and mitigation for my team", but he's actually pretty darn good against Winston, D.Va, Soldier, McCree and Doomfist, which is nice.

I think he's out of full blown dumpster tier to being back in the regular dumpster with Bastion and Mei.

The Blue Caboose fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 1, 2017