Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I ended up going 8/34: Galuf SSB, Dorgann SSBx2, Faris SSB, Bartz LMR, Bartz BSB3, Dorgann BSB, Bartz USB.

That's actually a really good haul for me with only one debatable dud (Faris SSB, which I even may end up using if Global doesn't get the gem-only BSB Select draw or Zack's BSB isn't on it). Galuf's SSB has some use against Shadow Dragon when that comes out, Dorgann's sword is the only native +wind sword in the game, Dorgann's BSB is very rare +earth armor, Bartz BSB3 shores up my extremely weak Earth team, and Bartz USB is great. And Maximillian exists, I guess; it's actually worse than Bartz's LM1 in a lot of situations.

KPC_Mammon posted:

How usable is Bartz USB without a BSB? I pulled it and I'm not sure if I should chase or not.

Extremely. You need nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm definitely on a roll again. Dollar draw got me a disco ball - Faris USB. This might be enough to make me save my 300+ mythril for later banners.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Zurai posted:

Extremely. You need nothing else.

Thanks! I'll go ahead and fully dive him.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Can one guy have two different en-elements at once? Like if I use Bartz's unique then use his BSB2 or whatever, will I have en-wind and en-earth or just en-earth? or vice versa.

Plus now I got this USB to worry about and working that into the equation. Should be fun.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Kawalimus posted:

Can one guy have two different en-elements at once? Like if I use Bartz's unique then use his BSB2 or whatever, will I have en-wind and en-earth or just en-earth? or vice versa.

Plus now I got this USB to worry about and working that into the equation. Should be fun.

Nope. All Attach Element statuses are exclusive with each other, so they work exactly how Haste and Slow or Poison/Sap/Regen work, where applying one completely overwrites any other Attach Element on the character.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Zurai posted:

Nope. All Attach Element statuses are exclusive with each other, so they work exactly how Haste and Slow or Poison/Sap/Regen work, where applying one completely overwrites any other Attach Element on the character.

Thanks, good to know.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

I went 3/22 with Faris USB, Bartz BSB2, and Dorgaan SSB.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Finally got the image up. No need for Bartz bsbs? loving crazy pull.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Got 3/11 with Galuf SSB, Faris SSB, and Bartz BSB2. Yay, for 3 of the 4 worst items on the banner.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

iamsosmrt posted:

Finally got the image up. No need for Bartz bsbs? loving crazy pull.

Ugh. At 162 myth. No dupes on banner. Nothing in the banner would help me do CMs, but my overall melee for V is kinda weak and I don't have great wind or earth melee options...and then I see a pull like that? FINE ILL PULL DAMMIT.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Ooo, first pull got me a chicken knife, Dorgann SSB, and Faris LMR. Very nice first pull. Still gonna get greedy later and go for more. Would be super nice to get Bartz BSB's and LMR.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Threw 3 pulls at this and was planning on up to 5: Faris USB, Faris LMR, Faris USB, Bartz LMR, Dorgann Wind+ Sword SSB, & a pair of Galuf Invincibility SSBs.

I stopped after the Faris USB dupe because the game was clearly telling me something at that point.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Got a Faris USB and a Galuf jiujitsu. I planned on one pull, but Butz calls me...dilemmas.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Butz LMR, Faris LMR, Galuf critga, and 2x Faris wind imperil. Probably shouldn't have pulled twice but I want that dang knife!

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Jujitsu Gi and dupe Titan's Gloves. I dislike Galuf. Thanks DeNA.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Against all my normal restraint, I did 3 pulls. Because restraint is what got my 416 mythril burning a hole in my pocket

Pull 1: Butz LMR, Galuf Invicibilty
Pull 2: Faris Imperil
Desperation/Rage Pull 3: Faris LMR, Butz BSB3. I'll take it.

You're going down, Hydra

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Pander posted:

Ugh. At 162 myth. No dupes on banner. Nothing in the banner would help me do CMs, but my overall melee for V is kinda weak and I don't have great wind or earth melee options...and then I see a pull like that? FINE ILL PULL DAMMIT.

Goddammit.

I have her BSB but it's really not what I wanted at all. Probably the worst pull I coulda had. At galuf stuff looks fun.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Pander posted:

Goddammit.

I have her BSB but it's really not what I wanted at all. Probably the worst pull I coulda had. At galuf stuff looks fun.

Sorry bro. I didn't want my pull to mess any goon up. Godspeed.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

:woop:

Really only wanted to do 1 pull so I'm def happy. Also got Dorgann's BSB from the 100 gem pull, how is he overall?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Some goddamn great pulls here. making me consider doing three Edge pulls instead of four and yoloing this one.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
I only wanted the Fairy Bow or Faris LMR, but just couldn't get it.

Well at least the Chicken Knife + Bartz BSBs will make a few magicites easier.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6xbv9o/beat_my_record_so_i_can_feel_less_salty/

:aaa: :aaa:

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
^^ Holy gently caress, $300 well spent...

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

I needed something to stop me from pulling after everyone posted those good pulls. Seeing the gem count go up and down was depressing.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
This is acceptable

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Meanwhile I single-pulled Bartz' Earth BSB to go along with his Water BSB I already had. I don't have his broken rear end setup but having multiple elemental options is making him a good multipurpose dude. I'm cool with this.

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

Alright, the first banner I've rolled on this week-old account. Time to get some weapons to get through these early-ish stages more easily, or help out with clearing the 90+ diff events. Cloud's starting to lose his edge and Tyro's a supportbot, so I could use the help.

1/11: Galuf Jujitsu-gi.

Y-yeah, that works too. I guess. Thanks, banner.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I forgot/missed the rebirth dungeons...ugh

I was able to try kuja once or twice, and he was an utter dick. I really wish they'd give out 5* motes on 180 content, I can at least complete those... lol

Well, time to save up for fest!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Ok, pulled again, and now I'm really torn. I now have Bartz USB, Bartz OSB, and Bartz LMR. I could reeaaallly use those BSB's for their enelements and extra casts, though. But I now have four dupes on this banner including the two main prizes.

I know, it's the non-problem problem.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

HPanda posted:

Ok, pulled again, and now I'm really torn. I now have Bartz USB, Bartz OSB, and Bartz LMR. I could reeaaallly use those BSB's for their enelements and extra casts, though. But I now have four dupes on this banner including the two main prizes.

I know, it's the non-problem problem.

Zurai mentioned that you don't need the BSBs to make him top tier. It kind of makes sense, outside of jump start two bars is awkward to get running and the BSB commands are weaker than just using 5*. You are trading enElement for the ability to start your combo in half the time / twice as long.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

KPC_Mammon posted:

Zurai mentioned that you don't need the BSBs to make him top tier. It kind of makes sense, outside of jump start two bars is awkward to get running and the BSB commands are weaker than just using 5*. You are trading enElement for the ability to start your combo in half the time / twice as long.

Alright, good point. I'll pass on those. I really shouldn't be pulling with 4 dupes on any banner, after all.

This does mean I need to start actually being good about running dailies again, though. I've been neglecting my spellblade abilities. Guess I'm now in a situation where I need to not do that anymore.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Sometimes pulling pays off

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Attestant posted:

Sometimes pulling pays off

I have not found that to be the case.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Oh man, I should've saved for this banner - Dorgann imperil wind SSB is awesome :smith:

I got Galuf's Gi on a dollar draw though!

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Oryp posted:

I'm excited that the V banner is starting the day before my birthday! I already have Faris' first USB and BSB, and I use her all the time, hoping to kit her out with LMR and USB2. Bartz has been great with "only" BSB2 and his en-wind SSB, so his kit being on the same banner makes it a fantastic target for me.

Quoting myself for context. I did two pulls right after it came out, got just about everything except Faris USB/LMR. Decided to do a cash pull just after midnight. :parrot:

Total haul: 11/34
1x Faris USB
1x Bartz USB
1x Bartz BSB3
1x Dorgann BSB
1x Bartz BSB2
1x Bartz LMR
1x Dorgann SSB
2x Galuf SSB
2x Galuf SSB

:getin:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Faris ultra, buttz water burst.

Overall could be worse, could be better :v: when I saw the 6* I got too hyped up for chicken knife

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Oh god I finally got the 3CM Red Dragon. I should've read the fight properly and saved myself quite a few attempts. Was too scared to use Fujin's BSB commands because the twister counters leave your anus in ruins but of course he doesn't twister counter from magic.

Another key point was the "weak to ice from 70% onwards". Prior to that I hammered him with all my four ice twinshots at the start of the fight.

The party was as per KataraniSword's suggestion:

Ramza (SSB-SSB2-USB)
Lightning (BSB2-OSB) RW CloudUSB 2x
Fujin (BSB)
Selphie (SSB)
Irvine (SSB)

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Only have two dupes on the banner, felt like making one pull.
2/11.
Dorgann SSB
Galuf armor

both dupes.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Faris ultra, buttz water burst.

Overall could be worse, could be better :v: when I saw the 6* I got too hyped up for chicken knife

You got the same pulls as me, honesty Faris USB is way better for me since I have the Cloud silly bullshit combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

With only two 1/11 pulls giving me Dorgann's BSB and Faris's SSB, I really feel like I should try for a third. But unfortunately, I know that I'm just going to get burned again. I was so hyped for this banner, for the chance to get Bartz back to the front headline of my team, but it was not meant to be.

• Locked thread