Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

iraqniphobia posted:

Tommen kicked him out of the guard after he tried to rescue margaery from the sparrows, saying something like "when you attack the faith you attack the crown"

Tommen was the biggest bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I like how tommen just let them take his mom and wife (also a mom really) even though he totally did have the power to stop it.

Like I get the point was that they were worried about a revolt or whatever but still

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Strange Aeon posted:

How come Bran isn't Lord Stark? Did he abdicate or is it just quietly assumed he can't be because he's a cripple?

There are succession laws and norms but ultimately what matters at the end of the day is who has the fealty of all the vassal lords.

I think there's some unspoken agreement to just waive the whole bastard thing which means he's the oldest Stark male anyway really (as far as they are aware).

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

A Strange Aeon posted:

How come Bran isn't Lord Stark? Did he abdicate or is it just quietly assumed he can't be because he's a cripple?

He said outright that he is already committed to being a crazy seer anyway

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Maybe he'll marry his non aunt non sister Sansa the hottest babe anyway

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
By the way why did Arya decide to go to Winterfell if she was just immediately going to start causing drama and thinking about assassinating her sister? I figured the crossroads scene was a rejection of her plans for bloody vengeance in favor of just going home again but then she gets there and is just wiling out.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

it killed a few minutes and it was so dramatic!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

COMRADES posted:

By the way why did Arya decide to go to Winterfell if she was just immediately going to start causing drama and thinking about assassinating her sister? I figured the crossroads scene was a rejection of her plans for bloody vengeance in favor of just going home again but then she gets there and is just wiling out.

I dunno why she went back, but Arya trying to be intimidating is laughably bad.

And I wish her sparring match with Brienne had been a character growth moment where she learned some humility about her new skills. Like yeah, she's a crazy good assassin, but the faceless men were supposed to take people by surprise when they're least able to defend themselves, not dueling with a soldier. When Arya got her ribs caved in by the steel boot an eight foot tool armored woman it should have been a lesson to pick her fights and not get into a brawl with people twice her size and ten times her weight.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

COMRADES posted:

Because teenagers have bad judgment.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The 12 year old demographic needs to have a powerful role model to keep the ratings up. Same reason why Lyanna Mormont has been in more scenes than any previous lord from a northern area

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

COMRADES posted:

i think she thought jon was still there

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
no that that makes the hack writing any better

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

COMRADES posted:

They needed her to have something to do, I guess. It's weird because the three of them having any clue about littlefinger wasn't hinted at in any way, shape, or form. They just wanted a surprise for no reason. It would have 10x better if she went to find jon on dragonstone and was just like, lurking in the castle unnoticed until she says "so who's the dragon lady" to jon from outta nowhere. They could reunite, jon introduces his new lady friend to his (now weird as hell) family, ps how did you get in here, etc. Like did anyone really think they were gonna have the sisters murder each other in the penultimate season?

iraqniphobia
Aug 21, 2003

the great deceiver posted:

i think she thought jon was still there

Yeah I don't think she knew Sansa was there until she got to the gates of winterfell but I could be remembering wrong

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Bran got really in to 90's band Third Eye Blind, so he can't be King of the Norbs

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

If Season 8 doesn't start with the Night King flying around to every graveyard, cemetery and battlefield in Westeros and raising all the dead it will confirm him as a dumbass Stark.

"The dead will arrive at the North first" actually no there are dead people in literally every kingdom

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Away all Goats posted:

If Season 8 doesn't start with the Night King flying around to every graveyard, cemetery and battlefield in Westeros and raising all the dead it will confirm him as a dumbass Stark.

"The dead will arrive at the North first" actually no there are dead people in literally every kingdom

The Night King wasn't smart enough to throw a spear at the dragon everyone was riding on while it was on the ground, so things don't look good.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Away all Goats posted:

Already a better writer than the writers of got season 7

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Who What Now posted:

The Night King wasn't smart enough to throw a spear at the dragon everyone was riding on while it was on the ground, so things don't look good.

Night King is actually a resurrected Colin Kaepernick

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

I dunno why she went back, but Arya trying to be intimidating is laughably bad.

And I wish her sparring match with Brienne had been a character growth moment where she learned some humility about her new skills. Like yeah, she's a crazy good assassin, but the faceless men were supposed to take people by surprise when they're least able to defend themselves, not dueling with a soldier. When Arya got her ribs caved in by the steel boot an eight foot tool armored woman it should have been a lesson to pick her fights and not get into a brawl with people twice her size and ten times her weight.

Nonono, the lesson here is "size doesnt matter, you can do it, believe in yourself!"

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

Well he was going to, but gripping a loving spear really takes some long rear end time if the plot demands it and the writers are hacks.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Night King was waiting for the the dragon to take flight so he could get a sick multi-kill.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
NK didn't want the dragon that had human fluids all over it. Not even water can wash incest sex fluid away.

I really don't get the whole "OMG Jon Snow's parents were married!' poo poo. No one loving cares and literally no one with any proof knows. Some cripple and a fat man who stand to gain a lot if their buddy is the new King means poo poo all.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
it makes no sense that anyone would care if Jon is legit

Robert won the throne in a rebellion, since when do the losing king in a rebellion get to have legit heirs

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Like okay George Washington won america but king (whatevers) son is not a basterd after all!

uhh. ok.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cowslips Warren posted:

NK didn't want the dragon that had human fluids all over it. Not even water can wash incest sex fluid away.

I really don't get the whole "OMG Jon Snow's parents were married!' poo poo. No one loving cares and literally no one with any proof knows. Some cripple and a fat man who stand to gain a lot if their buddy is the new King means poo poo all.

Because now Dany has no legit claim to the throne. It's that simple

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
none of the targs have a legit claim anymore, Robert hammered their main guy and took it from them.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Cersei is honestly the best claim to the throne at the moment

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Supreme Allah posted:

none of the targs have a legit claim anymore, Robert hammered their main guy and took it from them.

Right but people started supporting dany in part because of her genetic claim to the throne. Like now she also just has the biggest army but she also still consistently uses her blood in her titles and such. If it ends up that through lineage, Jon is technically the next Targ heir it causes some drama in her claim, she could still simply brute force the throne but it'd be likely there'd be some factional split of Jon supporters.

If they just pair off the point is p moot tho.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cowslips Warren posted:

The record is there in the big library.

Proof only matters to people who are opposed to it anyway. At this point who is left that would prefer Cersi to Jon? Cersi is a psycho who blew up the cathedral. And Cersi has no legitimate claim to the iron throne anyway, loving Gendy has a better claim. She simply has the throne because she took it and killed anyone who would oppose her.

People are afraid of Dany because she was raised in foreign parts, has foreign armies, recently crucified a bunch of foreign nobles, and could reasonably have a grudge against the families that betrayed her father. Jon has none of those problems, no one is afraid of Jon Snow. His father/uncle Ned was one of the leaders of the rebellion, so he's hardly going to hold a grudge about that. Everyone agrees Ned was an honourable man, honourable to a fault really, but a decent man to have been raised by.

Jon and Dany have a traditional Targ incest marriage and between them they've got both a really good claim on the throne and the armies to press that claim.
And then a zombie giant steps on them.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Supreme Allah posted:

Cersei is honestly the best claim to the throne at the moment

:wrong:

She has no legitimate claim at all, just a de facto hold on the throne. For rebellion supporters Gendy has the best claim.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
How do you prove Gendry is even Robert's son, anyway?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Arya turning into grim dark tiny Batman is hilarious and bad. That the showrunners had anything but stomped on by Brienne is just bad.

I saw an article about the scene that set up the trial where they interviewed the guy playing Bran. He said they cut that context out because John Snow's rear end was considered more important screen time.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Well...yeah. No argument here.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Who What Now posted:

How do you prove Gendry is even Robert's son, anyway?

Who knows. It seemed to be a threat though, that's why the Lannisters tried to have all Robert's bastards killed.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Trast posted:

Arya turning into grim dark tiny Batman is hilarious and bad. That the showrunners had anything but stomped on by Brienne is just bad.

I saw an article about the scene that set up the trial where they interviewed the guy playing Bran. He said they cut that context out because John Snow's rear end was considered more important screen time.

It was a real good rear end and I'm still sad we don't have any gifs of it yet. Far better specimen than a lot of the tits drooled over itt.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Facebook Aunt posted:

Who knows. It seemed to be a threat though, that's why the Lannisters tried to have all Robert's bastards killed.

Could be paired with a suggestion that Cersie and Robert never consummated the marriage, as all her children were not his, thus the marriage does not bind and she has no claim to the throne.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ArbitraryC posted:

It was a real good rear end and I'm still sad we don't have any gifs of it yet. Far better specimen than a lot of the tits drooled over itt.

Is man butt considered SFW?

Here's a gif, NSFW if your work hates butts. https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Jon-Snow-Butt-Reactions-43946563

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's a good butt.