Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nice crown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It's very, uh, Roman?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"King Tyrannus and his Moloid Gimp" sounds like a bitching concept album.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
drat Tyrannus is ripped. Excellent gyms under the Earth's surface.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
It's just a burger king crown that fell underground.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
But Tyrannus, Moleman never wore a literal crown-Okay, it's fine. I won't ruin this for you.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he also didn't have a literal palace, which is where they seem to be

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I imagine Kala is a great interior decorator

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Tyrannus is just loving this poo poo.

Also am I the only one imagining that Danny DeVito is Mole Man.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Aug 30, 2017

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well NOW you're not.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love how much it obviously pains the Moloid to be cuffing Uncle Moley :shobon:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm the suddenly black moloid

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

o no spiber man

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Tyrannus you've lost your crown again.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sire, we know this "Spider-Man" can walk up sheer walls and leap whole city blocks. Perhaps we should bind his legs as well?

Then again I don't think the Moloids can properly communicate with Tyrannus so he's probably missing out on a lot of good ideas.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's been watching for days. i don't think he is terribly intimidated by nsm.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also he's already forgotten it's a decapus

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Synthbuttrange posted:

o no spiber man

Rocket trained him for this moment!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Those chains don't look like they'd actually prevent him from doing anything at all. Like, he could just slip out of them any time he liked.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
they're unbreakable though

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

Those chains don't look like they'd actually prevent him from doing anything at all. Like, he could just slip out of them any time he liked.

But the question is, can he figure that out?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Are you kidding? He gets to look heroic and Moleman does all the work.

This is perfect for him.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm waiting for a recreation of this moment but with the chains and Melvin's whacking stick

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 1, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RUH ROH

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So, just to be clear here:

The most likely outcome is that Tyrranus is defeated by his own wife, not by Spider-Man.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All signs point to yes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Knocking a guy's insulin out of his hand is a bit much for dramatic effect, Kala.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so do they age super quick if they don't drink from the pool constantly or is tyrranus trying to preserve his age to the exact day

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So this lady's operating under the assumption that Tyrranus-- an honest to God Roman Emperor-- has not at any point prior to this attempted to commission the murder act on somebody.

Right.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
To be fair he was a roman emperor for like 20 seconds before someone said hey kid step off before you get hurt.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

We all knew it was coming, and yet it's satisfying all the same.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Nobody is mentioning that Spiderman is clearly standing up in this strip, shadow and everything?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If Tyrannus apparently managed to seize Subterraria in a peaceful coup I'd be upset that he was devolving into elective murder too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

habituallyred posted:

Nobody is mentioning that Spiderman is clearly standing up in this strip, shadow and everything?

Was he chained to the floor or just bound in chains?

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

habituallyred posted:

??? :xd:

goatface posted:

Was he chained to the floor or just bound in chains?
The latter but I mean, imagine trying to get to your feet when you're laying on the ground, disoriented, your arms tightly bound to your body. He said "can barely move".

Maybe she undid their unbreakable chains and now her, Moleman and Spiderman are all going to give Tyrannus a stern talking-to before they go back up to the surface with Kala's blessing?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

habituallyred posted:

gently caress i was too busy laughing at the kala predictions being right to even notice

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so do they age super quick if they don't drink from the pool constantly or is tyrranus trying to preserve his age to the exact day

Well at least in the 616, that's exactly what happens when Kala comes to the surface. She actually isn't Tyrannus' wife there.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait for lich Julius Nepos to crash this party.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I love that this story has continued the theme of the original Mole Man story in which the plot would have resolved itself even if Spider-Man didn't bother to involve himself. Hell Pete probably made it take longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

SilverSupernova posted:

I love that this story has continued the theme of the original Mole Man story in which the plot would have resolved itself even if Spider-Man didn't bother to involve himself. Hell Pete probably made it take longer.

Isn't that sort of the thing with *most* NSM stories? Usually it's the sidekick, or pure goddamned chance, who takes out the threat.

• Locked thread