Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Andrast posted:

The Grand hero battle against Narcian is going away in two days. Do that if you can.

Narcian Wyvern General? It says six days left on my screen. Is there another one?

I doubt I can clear any of them just yet, my Hector and Ike are level 20 and I just picked up Brave Lyn so she's still level 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BGrifter posted:

Narcian Wyvern General? It says six days left on my screen. Is there another one?

I doubt I can clear any of them just yet, my Hector and Ike are level 20 and I just picked up Brave Lyn so she's still level 1.

That's the one, I was mistaken about it ending that early.

You can probably manage the easiest one in a few days as you get more levels. Hector is really good in that map.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
A fairly obvious team, but I'm working on building up BLyn/Reinhardt/TA Gronnraven Cecilia/Ruby Sword Olivia. I haven't played much since FGO came out in English and I'm months behind the meta, but it still feels dirty going full Horse Emblem.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Look through your quests list for anything that is expiring soon and gives an orb. You can always do the story whenever but best to get orbs from the quests before you lose your chance.
Also look at the special maps and note when they expire and if they give orbs as well.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

BGrifter posted:

I would focus on what limited time content you can do. For instance, there's those special daily maps which you can definitely do, probably some quests too.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Sounds good. Other gacha games have me well trained to look for free currency and do all the limited time events in order of what expires first.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I satisfied a goal of mine in this game and got all of my early units and anyone else I didn't get the IVs for, to start, up to level 40. Unfortunately, nobody had any particularly great IVs.

My "best" units are still +SPD/-RES Nino, +SPD/-RES Catria and, at a stretch, +SPD/-HP Olwen (she would need a load of horse buffs to work).

I've also got the neutral Brave Lyn from the freebie roll, +SPD/-HP Brave Ike, +HP/-RES Summer Corrin, +SPD/-DEF Spring Camilla, +HP/-ATK Leo, +RES/-SPD Young Tiki and +RES/-DEF Julia.

I've got Sharena trained up to four stars, and am debating going to five but that would run me out of nearly all my feathers. I'm also slowly working up an Olivia.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I just accidentally clicked on the tempest icon and got 4k reward feathers that I had forgotten to collect

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Andrast posted:

I just accidentally clicked on the tempest icon and got 4k reward feathers that I had forgotten to collect

I do that every time. With Arena too. I just completely forget that you have to actually redeem the rewards lol.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Andrast posted:

Same

I didnt want to mention it because I thought it was too embarassing

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so is lynn as far and away the best hero on this choose your legends thing as she looks?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

so is lynn as far and away the best hero on this choose your legends thing as she looks?

Ike is also really really good.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
I click the arena icon 50 extra times a day thinking I have feathers to collect because of that feather icon.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

seeing as how my green users are a pile of 4* cecilias and cherches that might not be a bad idea either, especially since i don't really have a horse team or anything that's good in a horse team other than some gunters to take hone off of that might be a better choice. hm.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Japanese dude sent me a friend request with this +9 Azura

boi

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I finally got a Hector! I've been in green orb hell for ages trying to get Sonya when she was first released, then again on her Tempest banner, and then Amelia from Sacred Stones, and now I finally, finally actually succeeded in getting the banner green I'm after. He's +HP -Res, which is nothing to sing home about, but it's also not debilitating, so I am very pleased. Now I just have to wait however many months until they repeat Xander and I'll have basically all the must-haves.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Well hey, I pulled a Brave Roy! -Atk/+Spd. The boon is in a good stat.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Gluten Freeman posted:

I finally got a Hector! I've been in green orb hell for ages trying to get Sonya when she was first released, then again on her Tempest banner, and then Amelia from Sacred Stones, and now I finally, finally actually succeeded in getting the banner green I'm after. He's +HP -Res, which is nothing to sing home about, but it's also not debilitating, so I am very pleased. Now I just have to wait however many months until they repeat Xander and I'll have basically all the must-haves.

I have that Hector! He's great (as are all Hectors).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
honestly everyone calling them brave characters make me confuse, thinking everyone was putting the brave weapons on them. why would you want to use a brave sword on roy??

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Got lucky and rolled a third Lyn with the September quest orbs... and she's -ATK as well. Well, at least I now have a +2 Lyn (didn't feel like using them as Swift Sparrow fodder and every point of attack and speed matters), and since she's going to be added to the summing pool after the banner ends, there's always the chance of pulling one with better IVs in the future. Seems highly unlikely that these heroes will never appear on another banner.

Still, I feel like saying it: gently caress IVs

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i can't believe Ike is losing

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pulling on the brave hero banner i got the hector i was trying to pull on the other banner, and he's +def/-atk, which does not seem ideal

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

pulling on the brave hero banner i got the hector i was trying to pull on the other banner, and he's +def/-atk, which does not seem ideal

It's not a good nature. Hector is still good though.

I have a Hector with the same nature and he's great

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

rabidsquid posted:

Lyn's the best meta-wise, yes, since she counters blade tomes and distant counter users with her base kit. Giving her a brave bow maxes out her offence at the expense of not walling Nino/Tharja/whoeverthefuckgotblarblade. Ike's drat near unkillable, and with DC he can replace Hector. Lucina's the spur version of Eirika/Ephraim, and is no slouch in combat herself. Roy's a melee glass cannon that actually works, which is pretty rare. He's probably the least good in the current meta since his slot is already taken by Xander, though he's good if you need offence over defence in red.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Someone has been sending a brave lance+ hit and run tana into the Hector team and whoever they are, they're good and my friend.

E: oh, it was retcon and i think you even posted the tana.

You are good and your tana is good.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Sep 1, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i had been hard pulling for him on the banner where he was a focus and switched to brave heroes. i picked axe ike because "well i am never going to pull a hector anyway." although if i had picked lynn i definitely would not have drawn this hector, that's how the gacha works and i tricked it.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Someone has been sending a brave lance+ hit and run tana into the Hector team and whoever they are, they're good and my friend.

E: oh, it was retcon and i think you even posted the tana.

You are good and your tana is good.
Glad my Tana is helping :)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
got an Ike, +RES/-HP

ok sure thatll do nothing terrible

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I finally scrounged up 20 orbs and got me a +Atk/-Spd AxeIke and a Genny. I'm gonna stop pulling from that banner and try to get an extra Hector before that banner goes away.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Even with a whole bunch of September orbs, the gatcha still did not give me any green orbs. This is going past bad luck. I'm genuinely worried that the way the game spits out orbs might be broken or at least in need of updating because greens seem really damned rare.

But still, I'm finally getting a bit of luck with IVs because the game spat out a +ATK/-HP Hero Lyn at me, which is one of her top stat spreads. Merging the neutral Lyn I got for free gave her an extra point in HP and SPD, so I'm sitting on a pretty rad Lyn right here. I've since promoted a Gordin and melted him for his Brave Bow+, backed her up with the speed seal and cav buffs, and now I finally get to experience this quad-attack-meme-strat everyone with a decent archer has had.

Dear. Sweet. Jesus.

This woman is a loving destroyer of worlds.

I decided to pull on the rest of the orbs and also got a +RES/-DEF Hero Lucy, which is not the greatest stat spread ever, but hey, she's not -ATK or -SPD, I got her on the same pull as Lyn, and I got them both on a pretty low pity rate. I can't be unhappy with that. Now that I have a good Brave Bow archer, I'm just a decent Poison Dagger+ ninja away from having all the bases covered. I guess it's back to hoarding my orbs like a bear before winter though.

This makes up for the 6th pity-rate-killing Soren, IS. We cool now.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Sep 1, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I got a 4* Seth. Not sure why they gave him a gem weapon. I inherited a Killing Edge and Bonfire to him and seems like a decent melee tank for arena assault team 6 now.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

MotU posted:

got an Ike, +RES/-HP

ok sure thatll do nothing terrible
That seems like an Ike that'll basically balance out to neutral. Not bad at all!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
anyone knows the best battle calculator? I want to see if I should shove resistance plus to Saber or just keep him hp/spd +

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I use this one

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

http://imgur.com/gallery/4EQbE

Double SP weekends are cool, managed to grind the remaining SP I needed for my horse team relatively quickly. Ended up investing a bit more into this team than I thought I would, but I've wanted to use Titania for a long time so I don't using my spare Hector on her. Not sure whether I should use Death Blow 3 on Lyn instead since she's -SPD, but that sees like a waste and with Hone+Goad Cavalry she should be able to do some quads anyway.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
With Hones and Goads up her butt, she should be fine without Death Blow 3. Positioning might screw you over every now and then, but your team looks game-breaking enough to make up for the occasional checkerboard/breakable wall map.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I feel like leveling up an Athena, what is better +atk or +spd?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Even with a whole bunch of September orbs, the gatcha still did not give me any green orbs. This is going past bad luck. I'm genuinely worried that the way the game spits out orbs might be broken or at least in need of updating because greens seem really damned rare.

But still, I'm finally getting a bit of luck with IVs because the game spat out a +ATK/-HP Hero Lyn at me, which is one of her top stat spreads. Merging the neutral Lyn I got for free gave her an extra point in HP and SPD, so I'm sitting on a pretty rad Lyn right here. I've since promoted a Gordin and melted him for his Brave Bow+, backed her up with the speed seal and cav buffs, and now I finally get to experience this quad-attack-meme-strat everyone with a decent archer has had.

You are not helping my desire to keep pulling for a +ATK Lyn even though I know it's a terrible idea.

Also people, please use the correct name for Brave Ike, which is Bike

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
ugh, I hope they release a hero that drops at 4* with fortress res. Apparently an azama with spd+/atk- and fortress res can live pretty well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

ChiTownEddie posted:

I feel like leveling up an Athena, what is better +atk or +spd?

Either's good, +spd brings her up to speed freak territory, +atk lets her kill tough, slower swords and armours. +spd is slightly better since a good chunk of her damage comes from Wo Dao triggers, unless you want to do some crazy quad build. What are the banes?