Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah I've seen it and agree he's good in it. I just don't think any form of Saitama fits a classic Western muscly action star.

You'd need to Deadpool deconstruct it the OPM way. Have Vin Diesel at his most imposing, giving his most intimidating look to the camera oozing with drama and intensity only to shift the camera in the scene to it being him counting out pennies at a cash register to give exact change for groceries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm still all aboard every day being Karl Pilkington because his utter bemusement on An Idiot Abroad is so perfect for Saitama being confronted with all of these super serious villains and heroes.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Shugojin posted:

I'm still all aboard every day being Karl Pilkington because his utter bemusement on An Idiot Abroad is so perfect for Saitama being confronted with all of these super serious villains and heroes.

Only if Ricky Gervais gets to be Tatsumaki.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jason Statham as serious saitama?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Monaghan posted:

I'd argue that the Rock is actually pretty good, though I agree he wouldn't be a good fit for OPM.

He is god awful

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the only character in OPM who needs to be well acted is my boy, the man, the myth, the legend, K I N G

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ask John Cena to do it. He'd totally shave his head, for the kids.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i still can't believe The Rock got a tat over his brahma bull

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Al Borland Corp. posted:

100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats, and 10km? That's not even that intense!

multiple trainers have said that running 10km a DAY constantly can be dangerous and lead to blown out knees among other things.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Diabetes Forecast posted:

multiple trainers have said that running 10km a DAY constantly can be dangerous and lead to blown out knees among other things.

What if I run on that rubber playground material that's made of old shoes

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What if I run on that rubber playground material that's made of old shoes

It's not the material you run on, it's the stress you put on your knees and legs.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

skaianDestiny posted:

It's not the material you run on, it's the stress you put on your knees and legs.

That material would result in less stress due to its elasticity and absorbing impact.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That material would result in less stress due to its elasticity and absorbing impact.

Proper shoes help but they're not magic.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

... perhaps

the
relative low intensity of the workout

is part of the joke

:aaa:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If it's so low intensity how come no man on our Earth has ever succeeded in it?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Diabetes Forecast posted:

Using anime logic, though, running on worn legs or blown knees can actually make your better overall. I think I remember learning something like this from Eyeshield 21.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If it's so low intensity how come no man on our Earth has ever succeeded in it?

Because anime is a dream world that must remain separate from the bitter reality of our own

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It can be made real.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Using anime logic, though, running on worn legs or blown knees can actually make your better overall. I think I remember learning something like this from Eyeshield 21.

Eyeshield 21 also teaches you the value of resting inbetween training so that sounds really strange.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maybe that trainer said running 10k each day would hurt your legs because he forgot to eat a good meal for dinner. Just a banana for breakfast is fine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It can be made real.

It would be corrupted and the magic would fade

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

MiddleOne posted:

Eyeshield 21 also teaches you the value of resting inbetween training so that sounds really strange.

Oh, I know, I was making a small joke. But ES21 also had a scene where a player whose legs are literally shaking with the strain put on them is kept in on a physically demanding play because he is the only player that can outrun the other team's star player. The training arc was very good about teaching resting, but it also had in-game stuff that went a bit far, and even had a segment where a school that had a medically perfect training regimen was beaten by old-school semi-regular resting.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Schwarzwald posted:

Both of those people have a lot vested in their image, so flattering pictures of Pilkington and unflattering pictures of the Rock are understandably hard to find.

But it's pretty doable with Karl's buddy Ricky Gervais

EmmyOk posted:

Two people tried it but one skipped a day and the other used a heater for two days over christmas

I think we all know the A/C isn't really a part of the program, he's just being cheap on electric.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I think we all know the A/C isn't really a part of the program, he's just being cheap on electric.

It's obviously for the mental conditioning. How else would he get his immense willpower?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
A/C to M/C converter

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

MiddleOne posted:

Eyeshield 21 also teaches you that black people are fundamentally, objectively better at sports than anyone else

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Eyeshield 21 also teaches you that black people are fundamentally, objectively better at sports than anyone else

Yeah, when they're extremely tall.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Black men defy gravity by having more elastic muscles than everyone else

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
10km used to be the distance between my home and work at a point.

My kneecaps aren't gone and there are people out for jogs far longer than that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's the every day thing that's the only thing that would be difficult about the 10km everyday. It's only around a quarter marathon a day.

Not exactly realistic for a layman but the record for consecutive daily full marathons is 607 so really, the 10km daily is well within human limits.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
running doesn't make you strong, especially not better at punching. His routine is poo poo

please stop focusing on his routine

it was a joke

comedy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Focusing on it is a joke, dummy

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Shugojin posted:

If it weren't for the NASA coach explicitly stating this it wouldn't be that bad. A friendly, reasonably-drawn black guy who's good at his job was honestly surprising to see in a manga. There was even a point in the series where Shin was technically a better overall player, even if he wasn't necessarily faster, because Panther ran very predictably. But they really just keep hammering home the "black people are better at sports" thing by having characters talk about it almost constantly whenever Panther was playing. It was bizarre.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What about Jim Rash?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What about Jim Rash?

Even if he thinks that black people are inherently better at sports, he probably knows better than to publish it in something.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

The problem with these kinds of r63 stuff is they try to make r63!Saitama sexy. She shouldn't be, aside from being bald (and muscular when the situation demands it) she and her costume should look boringly average. I think she did a good job with the head and face, just having pants and no heels would make it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
"I mean, aside from the fact that she has boobs i think she did a great job."