Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Montasque posted:

lol this is what they're doing and it's working out for them since your media is BOTH SIDES BAD.

you're only noticing because they stopped both sides badding for a week because trump did it and they got to be mad at him for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
What even happened at the Stewert/Colbert rally, I thought they just made fun of Glenn Beck, I don't even remember if they truthed in the middle or not.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

It's really bad. Trevor Noah is really bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmpqnxpYUqA

the whole bit is just him uncritically signal boosting right-wing media, the thing that the show basically exists to tear apart. jesus loving christ

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Al! posted:

you're only noticing because they stopped both sides badding for a week because trump did it and they got to be mad at him for it

Your media is so bad the nazis can kill a woman and two weeks later a few chuds get beat up and all of a sudden it's BOTH SIDES.

I honestly had hope in the American people that Cville would be a turning point. Holy poo poo am I naive.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Montasque posted:

Your media is so bad the nazis can kill a woman and two weeks later a few chuds get beat up and all of a sudden it's BOTH SIDES.

I honestly had hope in the American people that Cville would be a turning point. Holy poo poo am I naive.

it was never about the woman or cville, it was always about trump for them. even this flood is somehow about trump even though hes the most minor player in it

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Montasque posted:

2016 was the major breaking point between the media and the public imo

nobody gives a poo poo about cable news and their ratings are cratering with everyone younger than 50. you shouldn't care about it either

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

El Pollo Blanco posted:

What even happened at the Stewert/Colbert rally, I thought they just made fun of Glenn Beck, I don't even remember if they truthed in the middle or not.

http://exiledonline.com/the-rally-to-restore-vanity-generation-x-celebrates-its-homeric-struggle-against-lameness/

quote:

A century-old ideological movement, Liberalism: once devoted to impossible causes like ending racism and inequality, empowering the powerless, fighting against militarism, and all that silly hippie poo poo—now it’s been reduced to besting the other side at one-liners…and to the Liberals’ credit, they’re clearly on top. Sure there are a lot of problems out there, a lot of pressing needs—but the main thing is, the Liberals don’t look nearly as stupid as the other guys do. And if you don’t know how important that is to this generation, then you won’t understand what’s so wrong and so deeply depressing about the Jon Stewart Rally to Restore Sanity.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

El Pollo Blanco posted:

It was more about both sides coming together and compromising but was really just a liberal toss-off over how reasonable they are.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Al! posted:

it was never about the woman or cville, it was always about trump for them. even this flood is somehow about trump even though hes the most minor player in it

Everyone knows Trump did the Hurricane for the ratings.

Business Gorillas posted:

2016 was the major breaking point between the media and the public imo

nobody gives a poo poo about cable news and their ratings are cratering with everyone younger than 50. you shouldn't care about it either

It's not just cable news. Washington Post, the New York Times, and most establishment news media are playing this 'both sides' game.

And yes 2016 was a major breaking point between the media and the public, so far it has really benefited the Right-Wing.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/RIPMarkusJ/status/901500324162269185
https://twitter.com/pjwestin/status/901669993850568704
https://twitter.com/TaichiCollins/status/901503178453139456

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Yeah, I remember reading Mark Ames' piece on it, but his implication that it was more to do with just mocking conservatives, rather than actively condemning leftist actions? Which I guess was obviously going to be the logical conclusion of this kind of liberalism.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

they got their 8 years of the Ultimate Liberal president, perfect flawless cabinet of experts, market based solutions to everything, everything a moderated well considered move, he even killed various islamic people in a robotic way that did not endanger Our Troops!!!

they're really mad that ppl are exposing the fact that none of that did more than a cursory amount of good that is being stripped away slowly and quickly and now there are even nazis marching in the streets

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
remember the beer summit

when Obama invited a cop who arrested a man for being black in his house in a college neighborhood and the arrested man in an effort to show some kind of bipartisanship

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

otoh, there's something hypocritical about this critique being posted on c-spam of all places

i mean it's not our fault that we past the irony event horizon infinity years ago and will escape it infinity years from now, but still

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

basically the rally was about how the silent majority just wanted Moderation

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
apolitical late capitalist drone: all this politikin makes me upset

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it would have been funny if colbert had just done his thing which was a march with the stated goal to restore bush-era constant fear and paranoia and terror alert levels and also make fun of glenn beck but that wasnt what happened

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
also I'm pretty sure I saw half of those signs again at the "march for science"

it was good, but also really bad since obviously it was overflowing with liberals; I really should have just gone full commie

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

lancemantis posted:

also I'm pretty sure I saw half of those signs again at the "march for science"

it was good, but also really bad since obviously it was overflowing with liberals; I really should have just gone full commie

march for the immortal science of marxism-leninism

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Red Ryder posted:

so a question for yall
for those of us not so young, dumb & full of cum, what are some direct and concrete things we can do to support anti-fascism that doesn't involve throwing hands?

vote, lol

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Did anyone catch this? I noticed the original went down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqeUhUemQKc

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
ha, they airbrushed out the swastika

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
who was the person who organised the Berkeley rally?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6h1B_gFCHQ

Somebody has issued a correction as of 10:15 on Sep 1, 2017

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
The chuds are out today #TheIrrelevantDemocrats

https://mobile.twitter.com/dretiquette/status/903587990869602304

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

owns

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There's someone on the chans who claims to have a source inside Spencer's NPI. Here's the scuttlebutt:

+ They want to do a lawsuit re: Charlottesville but sounds like it's not going to happen.

+ Jason Kessler has been thrown under the bus totally.

+ NPI doesn't like banner drops and solo flyer-pasting (like on college campuses).

+ Identity Evropa is a NPI proxy organization, and thus under less FBI scrutiny compared to other groups (I'm assuming Vanguard America is under high scrutiny).

+ Rallies in Florida and Texas are pretty much out. Eyes for the next rally are in the Pacific Northwest / Oregon, with potential collaborators True Cascadia & Atomwaffen Division. Might be a quick thing where they move in, do the rally and bail fast like U.K.'s National Action.

Kinda getting the sense that they want to do rallies but they don't want to be confronted. Prefer the propaganda war.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Surely you're not implying that the fash are cowards???

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i can believe those tactics are intentonal theyve been pretty "successful" at having rallies in portland that they announce at like 3pm on a friday

by successful i mean that they show up and are only opposed by a crowd of equal size rather than overwhelming force

the good news is that theyve lost their police protection in portland

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that said i think they should definately be allowed to march unopposed or else newsweek and the daily show might say antifa are bad

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

i can believe those tactics are intentonal theyve been pretty "successful" at having rallies in portland that they announce at like 3pm on a friday

by successful i mean that they show up and are only opposed by a crowd of equal size rather than overwhelming force

the good news is that theyve lost their police protection in portland

how many nazis have u punched tho

its okay u can tell me im not a cop

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Pretty sure he's already been fired.

he'll be reinstated with back pay in 3 months

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i would never condone violence 4 any reason, including political violence

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://m.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2017/08/31/white-supremacist-richard-spencer-will-defy-ban-and-speak-at-university-of-florida

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well guess the source was wrong haha

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How is the security plan anything other than "tell them to leave"? They were already denied permission on the basis of posing a security risk.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

What she doesn't mention in that tweet is that her grandparents were blackshirts.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

business hammocks posted:

How is the security plan anything other than "tell them to leave"? They were already denied permission on the basis of posing a security risk.

they still have to have a plan to combat the other nazis, antifa :shrug:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

step 1: arrest anybody who would oppose the nazis
step 2: god bless our brave boys in blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/politico/status/903588304649687040

quote:

Previously unreported documents disclose that by April 2016, authorities believed that “anarchist extremists” were the primary instigators of violence at public rallies against a range of targets. They were blamed by authorities for attacks on the police, government and political institutions, along with symbols of “the capitalist system,” racism, social injustice and fascism, according to a confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI.

Been a great week for Liberals and Moderates.