Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Yeah, just in case anyone reads the thread before trying ELT: Hein has 9999 defense, 200% all resists and only 45 spr. Break out your non-elemental magic duders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
9 tickets and a 1/2 pull got me 2 Sera, Aria, and Desch. Can't complain.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Ugato posted:

Yeah, just in case anyone reads the thread before trying ELT: Hein has 9999 defense, 200% all resists and only 45 spr. Break out your non-elemental magic duders.

Oh look, Gil Snapper cave! I could use some more money for ability awakenings!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I threw my D.Fina up. She's like 860 MAG but her Ultima is fully awakened. She can't quite 1 round the elt boss, but she'll definitely kill him in 2.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
One daily and two tickets bagged me both Aria and Desch. I guess my luck is back, sorta. Aria is definitely gonna help for my "no recovery magic" needs at least.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hamsystem posted:

I threw my D.Fina up. She's like 860 MAG but her Ultima is fully awakened. She can't quite 1 round the elt boss, but she'll definitely kill him in 2.

she should be able to one round the elite boss with

1) any bonus unit on an esper with imperil
2) sara lb magic buff

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

7th rainbow, finally have a real 5* chainer!

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Got my first Rassler with tickets today. I'll take it!

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
Sorry to everyone who hasn't gotten a Sara yet, apparently I'm hoarding them - ~12 so far in around 20 pulls. No other banner units yet. Really just want an Aria so I can kick Water Veritas back out.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
24 pulls.
One Aria and 3 Sara.
At least I got some bonus units to run the event with I guess?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
10 tickets, I've gotten 3 sara. ELT is non-farmable garbage. PRO has poo poo payout. What a garbage event.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I pulled two Saras. In order to beat ELT, I run two Victoria's and an ExDeath all dualcasting Meteor. I have a Sara equipped with World Destroyer and she uses it to full break Hein. gently caress that boss... :argh:

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
10 tickets got me 3 Sara's, my first Ilias, and another 5% towards Save the Queen.
Oh well, it's an excuse to continue doing daily pulls until I get a 4th bonus unit.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Another try nabbed me Aria, Desch, Zyrus and Veritas of the Dark.

I'll take it!

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
My first rainbow in a long time was Veritas of the Flame. I already have a nearly BiS Olive (Only missing Black Cowl) with max LB. Is he worth leveling at this point?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
So let me just understand this. They made a banner with bonus units for an event. And NONE of those bonus units can even hurt the Event's final boss.

Ok, cool, just wanted to make sure I understood how loving idiotic this sounded on paper.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Office Thug posted:

So let me just understand this. They made a banner with bonus units for an event. And NONE of those bonus units can even hurt the Event's final boss.

Ok, cool, just wanted to make sure I understood how loving idiotic this sounded on paper.

Obviously you just needed a Noctis or 3 and have their TM to give everyone a non-elemental spell.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Office Thug posted:

Yeah, this is when I remind myself that I don't necessarily have to participate in every event they throw our way.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
1/2 was firion. 5 tickets got me trey, mercedes, kefka, sara :confuoot:, lawrence.

Tengames posted:

"hey, hey tengames, you pulled me a month ago and havent used me even once. how about putting me on the team now?
I could help carry all those nice bonus units! "

"o-oh...."

Orlandu's better than OK. :colbert:

Ugato posted:

Does his weakness change periodically like in the bad game this bad event is based on? I guess I should at least run this garbage for the summon tickets before going back to literally anything else.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Ten tickets yielded four Sara's, a Delita and some other assorted garbage. Delita is apparently okay, but I'm fine with bumrushing that TMR so I have a nice darkness sword for my DoV.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Mad Fnorder posted:

My first rainbow in a long time was Veritas of the Flame. I already have a nearly BiS Olive (Only missing Black Cowl) with max LB. Is he worth leveling at this point?

In most cases probably not, but he has a much higher damage ceiling with the right gear and depending on your setup. If you have Tidus you can go the traditional dual wield route and give him a viking axe and ideally Aigion's arm and take advantage of that sweet 100% water imperil. Otherwise you can go the Fixed Dice route and have damage swing wildly from one turn to the next.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Evil Fluffy posted:

1/2 was firion. 5 tickets got me trey, mercedes, kefka, sara :confuoot:, lawrence.

Orlandu's better than OK. :colbert:

Does his weakness change periodically like in the bad game this bad event is based on? I guess I should at least run this garbage for the summon tickets before going back to literally anything else.

Yeah he has the same gimmick as the game. Obviously you can just ignore it with some ultimas or heaven's furies

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The news blurb for this event mentions Ouroboros and Sea Lions. Do they show up randomly or are they part of the event stuck somewhere else?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bruceski posted:

The news blurb for this event mentions Ouroboros and Sea Lions. Do they show up randomly or are they part of the event stuck somewhere else?

Those are the rare random enemies that only show up once in a while and drop lots of currency.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Daily got me Sara, and after 3 tickets I got 2 Desch and some random useless 3*. I'm super happy with those results, and I think I'm done with this banner already.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I'm looking at my two non-awakened Aces right now and my depressing amount of MAG gear, and it's really not painting a good picture for me for this event.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ace is pretty good man, awaken one of those

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
5 tickets from the event gave me an Aria and another Rasler. Two Raslers in one day, alongside OK. No Desch but he's in the gacha and I'm sure I'll pull him at some point.

Also get to use Trance Terra to carry everyone through the event.

Good times.

Let's talk about the upcoming banners:

In JP after OK they had their Noctis banner with Noctis 5~6★, Aura 4~6★, & Grom 3~5★ . Many are speculating that we'll see the same Noctis banner and this is where we'll see Noctis get full buffed to his JP level. Which, if that happens, makes him very good. The two other units on the banner have good TMRs: a Wind Spear with 125 ATK + Auto Shell and a Lightning Greatsword with 120 ATK + auto brave; respectively.
Thoughts: The TMRs are both nice and if Noctis gets his balls back then this will be good banner to roll on.

After that JP had a monster hunter collab but it probably won't hit global since we seem to miss most of the collabs.
Thoughts: Nothing so special in there we can't live without it. Though 6* Laswell had a good TMR heavy armor.

Then we have another FF15 event with Nyx 5~6★, Glauca 4~6★, Crowe 4~6★, Libertus 3~5★. Nyx is a WoL level breaker that can also debuff fire 50% then give himself Fire as part of more damaging move. His TM is good but not great. Glauca is fairly uninteresting outside of having a 50% light and dark debuff that is also his chain move. Glauca's TMR is a Dark greatsword with 125 ATK and auto regen. Crowe is pretty good Red Mage with innate dual black and access to the -ga level spells and Curaja alongside some ST 100% buffs and a nice 30% damage shield; but the real prize is the TMR: HP/SPR +30% materia. Libertus is unremarkable and has a TMR that's just as boring.
Thoughts: If you have to dedicate WoL to tanking and want someone to take his place breaking who can throw out some damage has can chain then Nyx is your best option. Not worth rolling hard for though. Crowe's TMR though; get as many of those drat things as you can carry. Crowe isn't a bad unit either; if you missed Pod 153(9S TMR) then Crowe's damage reduction is a must have.

After that we run into the FFBE banner featuring Ayaka one of the top healers in JP as we speak: Ayaka 5~6★, Goken 4~6★, Sylvia 4~6★, Kamui 3~5★, Yuri 3~5★
I'm looking forward to this banner but not for Ayaka, but instead for Sylvia who has a 100 ATK 84 MAG sword as her TMR; a weapon that finally replaces Enhancer for us non-Fryevia people. The other base 4* is pretty boring Monk and his TMR is clothes with some ATK but is males only. There is also Kamui with his 120 ATK Fire Katana. Yuri the last base 3* features a materia TMR with AKT/MAG +20% which I guess you could be good if you're lazy and don't like having to change equipment and just want to run your all Ashe party.
Thoughts: This was also when JP saw the release of Lorraine the ridiculous EX point reward character. Possible she is released here as well. Ayaka is definitely worth getting and the TMR list isn't bad; I want at least 2 of those swords.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Office Thug posted:

It's okay, none of the rewards look all that compelling anyway.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I mean it's not like the characters I brought along for the bonus were doing any damage in any other mog event. It was usually one of two of my leveled up characters carrying the whole team.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
What it feels like logging in the morning after pulling the event 5*:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

BGrifter posted:

What it feels like logging in the morning after pulling the event 5*:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y

Never pulled the event 5*.

Ever.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
WIth all the people here and in Discord getting OK, there sure aren't a lot of friend OKs up. Don't even care if they're level 1.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

hey take far more than 495 to max out!

Wind Slash and Camoflage are the definite winners here. As long as you have those you should be good.

I meant for the good/maybe stuff (Bird Killer, Camouflage, Wind Slash, Aerora, Baraerora). I got all the good stuff except Aerora and I'm left with 25 SP and 6300 MAG and skipped that entire ATK branch.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

You know the event is garbage when not even pubbies put up event characters. 20 pulls, 3 Saras.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Just ran:

Sara
Sara
Sara (seriously?)
Jack
Abel
Sara (really?)

Yea...I'm not excited about this banner, nor did I expect to have OK drop into my group.

So what magic units are best for the ELT boss? Haven't made an attempt yet, so curious.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

2x 10 pulls got me TG Cid and OK. I guess I should put my 905 or whatever mag D fina up as my friend unit for this trial.

Edit: she's apparently 914mag. Enjoy??

Cat Pilot fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 1, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

So what magic units are best for the ELT boss? Haven't made an attempt yet, so curious.

Anyone who does elementless damage and can have a high MAG skill. 700+ should be fine to take him down in two turns.

I took a Princess Cleavage to 4* with the left over Cactuars I had after getting OK to 100 and Deprotect+her LB(40% MAG Buff) + 946 MAG Dual Ultima from Trance Terra doesn't 1 shot the boss.

Cat Pilot posted:

2x 10 pulls got me TG Cid and OK. I guess I should put my 905 or whatever mag D fina up as my friend unit for this trial.

Edit: she's apparently 914mag. Enjoy??

Always put up event units, especially if they're the 100% one.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Ok so I feel like I'm probably very fortunate, I've been playing for about a week now and have 6* veritas of dark and earth, 6* Gilgamesh, and my half price pull today netted me an onion knight so now I wasted my left over money and energy pots and have a 6* ok.

I have a 5* agrias I'm pretending one day I'll unlock save the queen from, and a benched veritas of heavens (I think the jump/wind one)

Where do I start getting super cool weapons and items to trick out these characters ? I'm still grinding hein for ok's armor but feels silly having him use an enhancer sword and a sleep dagger cause I've got nothing better.

Likewise dark veritas is using a 35 atk store bought greatsword because Gilgamesh has my genji blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I'm sooo unfamiliar with mages... could anyone post a list of units that could oneshot/two-shot ELT? I think I have a couple Zyruses... is that good?

fun

EDIT: whoa holy crap the rare encounters in this Mog event really add a ton of currency. I wonder how rare they are this time around.

• Locked thread