Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

basic hitler posted:

Haier you are like one of the best posters in GBS please don't peace out in a banme thread

Seconded, I've enjoyed your posts immensely in the last few years and it would be an ignoble end to the Legend of the Plunger.

At least consider publishing your adventures so I can buy hard copies for my leftist tankie idiot acquaintances to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

basic hitler posted:

Haier you are like one of the best posters in GBS please don't peace out in a banme thread

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-41107628

I don't need to tell you where this fucker's from.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

sempai, yamecha dame!!!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Confucius has fallen.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I remember someone posted an article about how China's "solar power" was mostly a scam. Does anyone have the link?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

I'd pay money to watch this.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

nickmeister posted:

I remember someone posted an article about how China's "solar power" was mostly a scam. Does anyone have the link?

https://phys.org/news/2017-06-green-power-china-energy-leadership.html

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
RIP Haier 2007-2017

P-Mack posted:

I guess this is supposed to be something sort of valid about exactly how you use your diaphragm, but he's describing it like he's straight up inflating his duodenum or whatever.

You ever hallucinate while waking up straight from a dream?

I once hallucinated I was an entire Counterstrike: Source team while coming to. I felt like yawning but believed I had like 8 sets of lungs in my abdomen to fill. Somehow, I managed to suck a bunch of air into my stomach. The sensation startled me awake and I was belching and burping and felt like I was going to die for about a minute.

I expect this would be terrible for my digestive health if done with any regularity.

SHANGHAI:

CHONGQING:

https://vimeo.com/121638926

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Sep 1, 2017

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
SHANGHAI, CHINA:

BEIJING, CHINA:

And because Haier's exit prompted me to look up some photos of India...

DELHI, INDIA:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
JING'AN TEMPLE, SHANGHAI, CHINA:

HUANGSHANG MOUNTAINS, ANHUI PROVINCE, CHINA:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Not gonna lie, this is p cool

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
I want to hear the India stories later so go on hiatus but don't self ban, haobuhao

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
All sweet things must go.

When this dead gay forum takes a nosedive, I'll miss you guys.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jeoh posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-41107628

I don't need to tell you where this fucker's from.

the line about people laughing in the background on a widely shared video of animal cruelty really gives away that it was a Chinese thing

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The Great Autismo! posted:

the line about people laughing in the background on a widely shared video of animal cruelty really gives away that it was a Chinese thing

for me i knew it when i read the "shared on wechat" part

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
That piece of news has barely gotten any attention in Australia. Shows you where the priorities are.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
https://twitter.com/HKBigLychee/status/903534503213260800

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Final Update:

I went to the electronics market to meet a friend and get some stuff I can't get in India. We went down to a foreign supermarket that seems to have opened recently, completely hidden. They had these imported Swisher Sweet kind of garbage cigarillos, and I decided to get a pack for that nostalgic flavor. I was looking at some boxed prepared food in the cool table when some jackass forcefully shoves in front of me for no reason and then stands in my way and shouts at some workers while pointing.
Utterly pointless display of face on the foreigner. I move around him and look some more, buy some food, and am eating with my friend at the customer tables. A few minutes later the jackass shows up with some boxed food and sits on the table next to us. By his clothes and demeanor, it's easy to see he thinks his poo poo doesn't stink. His dad must be rich or something, he wasn't even that old.

He opens his box and sticks his mouth about 1 or 2cm from the food and starts sucking on it, not even using the chopsticks. He's seriously eating without his hands, just sticking his face into the food. It's crazy. I've seen people get super close while eating, but never like this. He was practically fellating his rice.
I poke my friend and point at the guy. We're sitting there watching this guy eat like a farm animal at a feed trough, and it is mesmerizing. I can't help it, since he faced all over me earlier, and I loudly say, while point at him, "LOOK AT THAT GUY! HE EATS LIKE AN ANIMAL. HE'S EATING LIKE A PIG!!!"
My friend laughs and tells me to not talk so loud. He glances over, food in his mouth, phone in his free hand. He glares at me, and then scoots over on his chair so his back is facing us and we can't see him eat.

On the train ride back I saw a white guy with super greasy hair wearing on both arms those silly wood "Buddhist" beads all the office buzzcuts love wearing to show their hope for getting lucky money. He had about 3-5 bracelets on either arm.

LOL, is this Apocalypse Now?

barbecue at the folks posted:

Seconded, I've enjoyed your posts immensely in the last few years and it would be an ignoble end to the Legend of the Plunger.

At least consider publishing your adventures so I can buy hard copies for my leftist tankie idiot acquaintances to read.
I said I was going to do it ages ago, and I waited like 6 months for another one of those threads to appear. I stand by my lovely posting no matter how cringey and idiotic it was. I will suck all the forums into my stomach if I must.

Imperialist Dog posted:

I want to hear the India stories later so go on hiatus but don't self ban, haobuhao
A fresh start would be better. A new username based on another lousy foreign brand. It's better to retire this one and start fresh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcjd6DDi3vk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXFc0biIhV4

Haier fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 1, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Haier posted:

Final Update:

I went to the electronics market to meet a friend and get some stuff I can't get in India. We went down to a foreign supermarket that seems to have opened recently, completely hidden. They had these imported Swisher Sweet kind of garbage cigarillos, and I decided to get a pack for that nostalgic flavor. I was looking at some boxed prepared food in the cool table when some jackass forcefully shoves in front of me for no reason and then stands in my way and shouts at some workers while pointing.
Utterly pointless display of face on the foreigner. I move around him and look some more, buy some food, and am eating with my friend at the customer tables. A few minutes later the jackass shows up with some boxed food and sits on the table next to us. By his clothes and demeanor, it's easy to see he thinks his poo poo doesn't stink. His dad must be rich or something, he wasn't even that old.

He opens his box and sticks his mouth about 1 or2cm from the food and starts sucking on it, not even using the chopsticks. He's seriously eating without his hands, just sticking his face into the food. It's crazy. I've seen people get super close while eating, but never like this. He was practically fellating his rice.
I poke my friend and point at the guy. We're sitting there watching this guy eat like a farm animal at a feed trough, and it is mesmerizing. I can't help it, since he faced all over me earlier, and I loudly say, while point at him, "LOOK AT THAT GUY! HE EATS LIKE AN ANIMAL. HE'S EATING LIKE A PIG!!!"
My friend loudly laughs and tells me to not talk so loudly. He glances over, food in his mouth, phone in his free hand. He glares at me, and then scoots over on his chair so his back is facing us and we can't see him eat.

On the train ride back I saw a white guy with super greasy hair wearing on both arms those silly wood "Buddhist" beads all the office buzzcuts love wearing to show their hope for getting lucky money. He had about 3-5 bracelets on either arm.

LOL, is this Apocalypse Now?

I said I was going to do it ages ago, and I waited like 6 months for another one of those threads to appear. I stand by my lovely posting no matter how cringey and idiotic it was. I will suck all the forums into my stomach if I must.

A fresh start would be better. A new username based on another lousy foreign brand. It's better to retire this one and start fresh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcjd6DDi3vk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXFc0biIhV4

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
If only they read this thread first.

http://amp.theage.com.au/victoria/illegally-dumped-rubbish-council-removes-obikes-blocking-melbourne-footpaths-20170901-gy96f7.html

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
R.I.P Haier
Gone but never forgotten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju7GSz_pav8

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

rip haier a man too good for this world

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Sorry to see Haier go.

Also, thank you for the link to that article.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Before I would leave China I would pretend feint on a train to start a stampede

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

God bless, you crazy sonovabitch, and thanks for all the posts.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
let us remember all the good times haier had before his untimely death in india

like when this thread was linked to another subforum and people invaded it trying to shame him or something

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Farewell plungerman, may you find in India the peace you never could in China. Godspeed.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Haier you goddamn beautiful manchild, you loving amazing weirdo -stay safe out there. Your contributions will be missed.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Any one have a links to past China threads old man genesplicer closed? Be funny to see the full sage of Haier dealing with China/women with the Glenn Quebec B plot at the end.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Thanks, y'all. I'll come back soon under a new name. I'm not even going to have internet the first couple weeks I get there anywhere, as bureaucracy to get services in India dictates one must go through 80 trillion hoops before some lazy bastard shows up and demands a bribe to do what you already paid the company for him to do. If the forums aren't dead by then, I got :10bux: for them.

http://i.imgur.com/6Qq7KBo.gifv

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Be safe moonpie :qq:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

nooooooooooo :tif:

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

I don't post itt, but godspeed haier. You made this the best thread and now I fear for its future.

Also, please see a GI doc

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
People so dramatic about usernames. I don't get it. It's a dead gay forum, not the return of Martin Guerre.

Either way, your posts are funny and I will miss them.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:rip: Haier. Farted with attitude and died.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
here lies haier

he always scored

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

What am I going to read when I'm taking a poo poo now

(goldmine)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage