Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

AbstractNapper posted:

I see trees of green, high mountains too
not ready yet, for P-T-U

Weird how such a lush and verdant landscape makes for sure a barren, rocky desert-like planet.

Makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Wiz posted:

This is almost certainly not a full picture. Must-fix/blocker issues tend to hide other issues, and if fixing them is complicated (which I suspect it is, given that SC's codebase appears held together with string and glue) then fixing them will often cause further issues.

Basically this.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Quavers posted:

Unless I can recruit MoMA's or Legal The Beagle's help I fear I'm destined for a sickening day in Space Court :negative:

I'm afraid it's immediate deskeletonisation for you, then.

In other news, it looks like a certain hardcore commando is losing faith in Crobberts :ohdear:. I would love to believe that this will lead to him seeing the light eventually, but a part of me tells me that he'll never abandon his ~dreams~.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjA_V167Ur0&t=346s

tl;dw: commando is mad at CIG's incompetence/cash grabbing, keeps buying poo poo from them, learns nothing.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Latin Pheonix posted:

I'm afraid it's immediate deskeletonisation for you, then.

In other news, it looks like a certain hardcore commando is losing faith in Crobberts :ohdear:. I would love to believe that this will lead to him seeing the light eventually, but a part of me tells me that he'll never abandon his ~dreams~.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjA_V167Ur0&t=346s

tl;dw: commando is mad at CIG's incompetence/cash grabbing, keeps buying poo poo from them, learns nothing.

"unfortunately CIG"

That's all I need to hear. Everything involving Star Citizen is a matter of fortuitousness to these people, not competency. It's like they're talking about the weather instead of human beings.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Latin Pheonix posted:

Dammit, I was just about to post that, lucky I refreshed first.

Compared to CIGs omnishambles, this is so adorable earnest and displays a semblance of competence so I can't help but cheer them on :shobon:.

[edit] oh Christ on a stick, they've mastered the ethereal art of making doors, what's CIG going to do now?!?

Backed this, this is the only kickstartes i'm confident in.
Really looking forward to alpha.

I mean, they did with like 10 mil or crazy poo poo.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr.Tophat posted:

Everything involving Star Citizen is a matter of fortuitousness to these people, not competency.

Fortuitousness, faith and a certain level of prayer. It's about belief that CiG can deliver, not an extrapolation. We're the basement developers, not the professionals, and can know nothing that can shake their faith.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

There's always more, and it's always wurst

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

CIG always cancels poo poo at the last possible second so if they are retracting poo poo now then con citizen should offer up some choice lols.

Citcon gets cancelled the day before, calling it now.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Kavak posted:

This is a good sign because [INSERT COGNITIVE DISSONANCE]

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Backed this, this is the only kickstartes i'm confident in.
Really looking forward to alpha.

I mean, they did with like 10 mil or crazy poo poo.

Ohh, if you do play it, please let us know if it's any good, I'm quite tempted to buy a copy and play it if it's done well.

Mr.Tophat posted:

This is a good sign because [INSERT COGNITIVE DISSONANCE]

Because it lets them focus on delivering 3.0, duh! :rolleyes:

(No seriously, I guarantee this is what they'll say)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

After Citcon 2016- "drat, it seems showing nothing has had a direct impact in the moral of our cultists and a tangible effect on our revenue, we must always show something, even if its poo poo."

After Gamescom 2017- "Holy poo poo, it seems showing broken poo poo has an eaven harder impact on moral and our revenue, we cant show anything!"

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Kavak posted:

Cig asks fans to bring their own chairs, PCs, screens, projectors, speakers...
Then as they all line up in front of the closed doors of the venue, Jared appears from a nearby alley with a Chris cutout and, in a funny voice, asks people to find an empty park and a power outlet.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

You don't have messages, but I got a cert for you.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

zcrow posted:

Weird how such a lush and verdant landscape makes for sure a barren, rocky desert-like planet.

Makes you think.

In b4 MOMA's "Its a green belt, hand-crafted and adjustable by the creators :smuggo: post

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AbstractNapper posted:

The door bug can't be a show stopper.
I'm thinking more like "planet may disappear after a quantum jump, and client may crash".
Also "nothing works as we have shown in GamesCom because we used a LAN there".

Don't be so sure. That will depend on who determines whether the show can go on or not, and how encoded that idea is in the tracking system.

Remember that the head of this whole project is an obsessive micromanager who fetishises visuals and pointless black-box detailing — something that doesn't look good or that lacks the required amount of behind-the-scenes complexity can easily be declared by fiat to be a show-stopper. Now add in the paradox where form will be a higher priority than function, but where correct function would require a reduction in the “quality” of the form part, which means that anything that's ok from a visual standpoint is increasingly less likely to be ok in terms of actually working properly.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 1, 2017

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I remember my old housemate saying to me months ago, "Oh, apparently Star Citizen is finally releasing something stable and good," or words to that effect. He is not invested, it was just a casual comment about what was going on in the world of games.

Never before in my life have I said, "No," with such deadpan certainty, and I've been asked if Three Olives is a good person before.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mr.Tophat posted:

I remember my old housemate saying to me months ago, "Oh, apparently Star Citizen is finally releasing something stable and good," or words to that effect. He is not invested, it was just a casual comment about what was going on in the world of games.

Never before in my life have I said, "No," with such deadpan certainty, and I've been asked if Three Olives is a good person before.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mr.Tophat posted:

Is this why he's not your current housemate?

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
Also apparently the new subreddit style broke the extension the backers were using to keep track of the trolls accounts.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Foo Diddley posted:

He probably just couldn't deal with Tophat bursting into his room, shouting three nonsense sentences in a row, and then Kramering away into the night every night

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

He probably just couldn't deal with Tophat bursting into his room, shouting three nonsense sentences in a row, and then Kramering away into the night every night

I think he got a great deal. Sign the lease; Free Tophat!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Latin Pheonix posted:

[edit] oh Christ on a stick, they've mastered the ethereal art of making doors, what's CIG going to do now?!?

Well, no, they haven't mastered that art, but they know when it's time to drag out the Scully box to cover up that slight blemish…

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

Nah, that would be due to my shitposting in real life or something. I don't have a housemate anymore. Costs me a lot for the extra spare room but gently caress it. Gotta :justpost:

Reminds me of the funniest scene in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 near the beginning. Only this time Rocket is asking, "Wanna buy some JPEGs?"

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

"I'm out!"

*slams ten bux on Lowtax's desk*

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Codezombie posted:

(Oh which also reminds me, if anyone moans about the 1 year before the kickstarter not counting, of course it does, it's called "pre-production", and still counts towards billable hours against the projects ROI. )

Say that to a Star Citizen and they'll scream "You don't understand game development" so hard they'll poo poo the custom RSI space underpants their loving, worried girlfriend hand-knitted for them.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Toops posted:

Say that to a Star Citizen and they'll scream "You don't understand game development" so hard they'll poo poo the custom RSI space underpants their loving, worried girlfriend hand-knitted for them.

Some dude on reddit yesterday was legit arguing that development only began in 2014 and I had to triple double check to make sure it wasn't a deepcover goon because holy poo poo :psypop:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Same housemate once told me that Sonic 2006 wasn't that bad. It was from that point I knew his opinion was broken on a few subjects. It was like the litmus test strip dissolved in my hand or something.

Star Citizen is my new litmus test.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Latin Pheonix posted:

Ohh, if you do play it, please let us know if it's any good, I'm quite tempted to buy a copy and play it if it's done well.

Because it lets them focus on delivering 3.0, duh! :rolleyes:

(No seriously, I guarantee this is what they'll say)

Will do, hit me a message in a week or 4 xD

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

his nibs fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 1, 2017

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Some dude on reddit yesterday was legit arguing that development only began in 2014 and I had to triple double check to make sure it wasn't a deepcover goon because holy poo poo :psypop:

Sometimes less is more, so therefore

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AbstractNapper posted:

I see trees of green, high mountains too
not ready yet, for P-T-U

And I think to myself
What a wonderful 'verse

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Mr.Tophat posted:

Same housemate once told me that Sonic 2006 wasn't that bad. It was from that point I knew his opinion was broken on a few subjects. It was like the litmus test strip dissolved in my hand or something.

Star Citizen is my new litmus test.

A couple days ago I remembered Sonic Mania was out on the Switch so I excitedly told my wife about it, and had to immediately follow up with "No but it's actually good this time!" lmao

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

And I think to myself
What a wonderful 'verse

Just gimme five more development cycles, I had a rough whiteknight last night

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Tippis posted:

Well, no, they haven't mastered that art, but they know when it's time to drag out the Scully box to cover up that slight blemish…

I think i wrote it badly, but I was taking a jab at CIG from seeing the Dual Universe people include doors as their assets in the video Quavers put up . :)

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

zcrow posted:

Makes you think.

Weird how such an obviously low resolution planet texture could contain so many polygons

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

A couple days ago I remembered Sonic Mania was out on the Switch so I excitedly told my wife about it, and had to immediately follow up with "No but it's actually good this time!" lmao

I feel you. I had a similar experience the other day with my little brother. It's like, trust me here, I haven't just been vaccinated or something, this hedgehog goes fast and it's good.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Latin Pheonix posted:

oh Christ on a stick, they've mastered the ethereal art of making doors, what's CIG going to do now?!?

Doors are just trash mobs. Wait till they get to the first boss: ramps.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

High resolution glass people!

It's a game short changer!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Do you show your pets your creations from hell and thus gives their resulting reaction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm reminded of that shot of the commando's eyeball with the reflections and all the little blood vessels and poo poo.

I think... guys I think maybe CIG doesn't have their priorities in order.

e:

Colostomy Bag posted:

Do you show your pets your creations from hell and thus gives their resulting reaction?

Nah she's just a nutjob who has been learning from the dog.