Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I noticed how much Ex-Aid reuses their monsters, but I just assumed that's a Kamen Rider thing since this was my first Rider show.

I also noticed how utterly useless they are, often being stage dressing for the battle between the doctors and the regular stable of villains. My favorite was the DoReMiFa Beat monster who was totally chill to peace out and just let Genm and Graphite steal the spotlight.

"Yo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah, this is why every upgrade Gashat page has like a hundred pictures of what each base Rider would look like using it via the toys. So if you really want to see Ex-Aid using Bang Bang Simulations, you can make that happen.

oh my god the Ex Aid versions are amazing. :allears:
Edit: And Lo, TAIGA HAS BECOME A BATTLE SHIP :allears: i love this show so much.

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 1, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blaze Dragon posted:

The forms are based on the Gashat and not the user, so that'd just have Taiga become Ex-Aid, rather than creating a pink Snipe or something. Which is a pretty hilarious look, honestly.

Shame we never saw one of the main Gashats get used in the second slot as a Level 3 form(or one of the secondary Gashats get used as a Level 1/2 Rider) on the show like you can with the toys

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Since we have a theme of "watching old episodes and commenting on them" going on, I'm watching Kyuranger #11 and I'm glad to see Lucky have a luck-flip, because the whole time I've been watching Kyuranger I keep thinking something to the effect of, "what would it be like if these characters were in an early Power Rangers season?" and conclude "well, Zedd would have made a luck reversal monster..."

Edit: Oh, this just turned into another Tremors sequel

This is a cool combination but loving hell if Justin had a Sentai counterpart it's this kid.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 1, 2017

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

alright one break for Project Runway later. i return to finish off the last six minutes of episode 20. Bang Bang Simulation is still AMAZING. :swoon:
And Aww Nico's been a good influence on Taiga. And Emu's Back :D :dance:
Edit: and there's EXCITE as the ED again :wooper: :dance:
Edit: Oh Joy Level X,and the preview has Dan calling himself GOD. i'm so ready :allears:
Edit: episode 21 and Oooh Masamune's back, along with his Mullet :allears:
Edit: Hiiro said Poppy's full name again and i just :allears:
Edit: "Our job as doctors is to save patients, not solve mysteries" one. Aww Hiiro's got character devolopment :3: , Two. Hiiro this is Kamen rider, not Grey's anatomy.
Edit: hmm a battle on a bridge this time huh. against a sword user. where have i heard that before. coughcoughgilgameshcoughcough.
Edit: OOoh a Double finisher. :allears: :swoon:
Edit: Oh hey the cop's investigating Kiriya's "dissapearence" too.
Edit: Nico :allears:, i'm so glad she hangs out with Taiga. :allears: And More Masamune this ep.
Edit: OH MY GOD. USING NICO'S CASH TO TRY AND MAKE A NEW GASHAT. Ex Aid i love you :allears: Also Hey Tsukuru's back :) Bugermon.. :smith:
Edit: Kuroto there is no way you can hear them from up there. get down from there you dramatic rear end in a top hat :allears:
Edit: Kuroto there is no way They can hear You from up there. Also Y2K. :allears: :munch:
Edit: Baby Kuroto and Masamune Sans Mullet. :allears:
Edit: time for Hiiro to angst over his fridged Girlfriend.
Edit: Kuroto just jumped down from the bridge and it was Magical :allears:
Edit: guys i've seen enough JoJo. DON'T UN-HENSHIN YET
Edit: oh my god. his ultimate game really IS basically Pokemon Go:Kamen Rider Edition :allears:
Edit: and there's Excite the ED again. also i seem to have hit a smiley limit. And ep 22 looks to be Magical.

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 1, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

A) I got a friend into Ex-Aid by showing her how cute/hot the cast is, and we're watching it together now. :kimchi: It's her first Kamen Rider - first toku show ever actually, so we'll see if I can convince her to watch more, but for now this is just, I love this! :D

B) Have you guys seen this image

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

A) I got a friend into Ex-Aid by showing her how cute/hot the cast is, and we're watching it together now. :kimchi: It's her first Kamen Rider - first toku show ever actually, so we'll see if I can convince her to watch more, but for now this is just, I love this! :D

B) Have you guys seen this image

Congrats on getting a friend to watch ex aid. (I watched because of curiosity and i am like the One person who thought Video games and Doctors SIGN ME UP) (also good word of mouth in the thread after it aired), and that image is great and i love it and these handsome men

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

M.Matsuda posted:

Congrats on getting a friend to watch ex aid. (I watched because of curiosity and i am like the One person who thought Video games and Doctors SIGN ME UP) (also good word of mouth in the thread after it aired), and that image is great and i love it and these handsome men

I started it because it was the latest airing Kamen Rider and I wanted to try watching a show that was airing, as it aired, but, uh. Doing that directly after Kuuga was a bad idea and it took a while for me to adjust to how different the two shows are.

Also in case you missed it, here's the other one:

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

I started it because it was the latest airing Kamen Rider and I wanted to try watching a show that was airing, as it aired, but, uh. Doing that directly after Kuuga was a bad idea and it took a while for me to adjust to how different the two shows are.

Also in case you missed it, here's the other one:

thank you for this gift of handsome men. :swoon:
this thread is also the ACTUAL most i have posted since joining back in 2014, and it's been fun posting about Ex Aid, i needed something to help me watch it alone :blush:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/RangerBoard/status/903602699635236869

https://twitter.com/_Erasu/status/903607713879527424

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

It's time for good news, and, uhh, uhhhhh

https://twitter.com/XIGFansubs/status/903521439218778114

https://twitter.com/XIGFansubs/status/903521451226959872

https://twitter.com/XIGFansubs/status/903521598212149249

"I moved it to TV-Nihon though, which means it will get more translation checks and qc, which means better accuracy too."

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh Xig

Oh why

Oh Xig

You sweet summer child why

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so like

if I were to want to get into Ultraman, what's a good thing to start with?

are any of the ones on CR good as an entry level series?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TFRazorsaw posted:

so like

I started with Nexus and enjoyed it. It has no connections to other series and it's very good writing-wise, though it suffers a bit from a rushed finale due to cancellation and the subtitles are...acceptable, at best. But hey, they aren't TVN.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

so like

Yes!!

I recommend Mebius, but honestly it's hard to go wrong. Burkion will rec Nexus for darker-but-still-optimistic Ultraman, and I've been pointed to Orb as a good entry series too.

I'd also point to Geed, but you have to watch the recap episode 0 for the Zero movies you're missing out on, so.

tl;dr Mebius!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I could just watch the Zero movies. I hear those are pretty good.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's time for good news, and, uhh, uhhhhh

https://twitter.com/XIGFansubs/status/903521439218778114

https://twitter.com/XIGFansubs/status/903521451226959872

https://twitter.com/XIGFansubs/status/903521598212149249

"I moved it to TV-Nihon though, which means it will get more translation checks and qc, which means better accuracy too."

Technically, it will certainly get more QC. I've seen them credit up to 14 QC staff on a single episode, which I believe took 8 days to release. It's unclear what they're actually getting out of all those, though, if they're even actually taking feedback from them.

Baby fansub groups like taking on random fans as "QC" so they feel included. I was one such QC child in the distant past. TVN is still in 2003 in many, many ways, so this is probably just one of them.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

I could just watch the Zero movies. I hear those are pretty good.

They are! I've seen the first two and okay, realtalk: after UltraSeven I was a bit burnt out on Ultraman, and Return of Ultraman doesn't do itself many favors.... so I was meh on starting other Ultra series. Then I watched the first two Zero movies and fell back in love and Geed is incredible, which led me to Mebius.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

I noticed how much Ex-Aid reuses their monsters, but I just assumed that's a Kamen Rider thing since this was my first Rider show.

I also noticed how utterly useless they are, often being stage dressing for the battle between the doctors and the regular stable of villains. My favorite was the DoReMiFa Beat monster who was totally chill to peace out and just let Genm and Graphite steal the spotlight.

"Yo."

Nah. It's special for this one, I think. Kyuranger is doing the same thing. There's been less than a dozen unique monster costumes for that series I think, but in both cases it's probably a budget thing since there's also a bunch of "protagonist" costumes.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Okay, a post with a little more substance as I'm overexcited about someone wanting to get into Ultraman.

Ultraman in general features giant aliens fighting other giant aliens, with fantastic miniature set design and a core optimistic message that says that evil can be defeated, humans are awesome, and friendship is powerful. While it has a multiverse (unlike Heisei-onwards KR and Sentai), in general you can watch anything, anywhere, and be fine.

Here's where I rec you start:

Mebius: The youngest Ultraman is sent to guard Earth, which hasn't had any monster attacks for 20+ years. ... Yeah, I know. He arrives, there's a monster attack, and both he and the humans scramble to form a competent monster-fighting team, which involves cheesy-but-satisfying teambuilding sequences that lend weight to their victories. There's a lot of emphasis on Ultraman Mebius trying to bring the humans up to the level of Ultraman in general so they don't need to fight with his help. There's a villainous plot. There's another mysterious Ultraman. I'm 10~ eps in and absolutely adore it and what it's doing. It's entirely on crunchyroll!

UltraSeven: Not on Crunchyroll, but it's on amazon for a good price! Also, uh. This is a dated show. It feels a lot like X-Files and Star Trek TOS were put in a blender with Superman, as every ep is a different sci-fi short story about investigating and combating weird alien threats. UltraSeven is the most popular and recognizable fella in the entire franchise, and - well, I started here! It's a good show. A rough show, given how dated it is and how much quality can vary from episode to episode, but on the whole there's a lot to think about, as it asks some good sci-fi questions. ... And has fun monster fights! :D

Bonus: Watch the original Ultraman or Ultra Q for the ultimate in antique monster fightin' shows. I hear they're good!

Zero Movies: A weird place to start, as the first movie in the set mixes all of the Ultraman lore and wirefu and spits out a fantastically fun story about a failed Ultraman - one who got corrupted, became evil, and got locked in jail... up until he's broken out and aims to destroy the Ultraman's homeworld. There's a ton of old Ultraman faces in here - Seven, Leo, etc etc - and a weird but fun human subplot about a starship who gets involved in the storm. I found that I could follow all of it pretty easily despite having only seen UltraSeven at the time, so give it a go! - From there, you can watch Return of Belial and the third movie, or --

Geed: Currently airing! Episode 0 is a recap of the Zero movies, then it drops you into "a villain destroyed the entire universe! Ultraman King protected Earth, but now things are broken in a big way." The ground-level plot is that there's a kid who doesn't know he's an alien... up until a kaiju attacks his hometown and he has to transform to protect Earth. Drama ensues! ... Also, from what I've seen of this show, I'm comfortable calling it one of the best toku shows I've ever seen, from the quality of the writing to the quality of the fights. It's jaw-droppingly good, funny, and fun!

Nexus: Described to me as the most realistic Ultraman show - how would earth really react if a 50ft giant made of light came to earth to fight monsters? - but it also retains the core optimistic message of Ultraman as a franchise. I... I need to watch it. Other posters in the thread will hail it as one of the best entries in the entire franchise, so check it out!

Bonus mentions: Orb, Ginga (hahaha don't start here), X(?), Max (?), etc etc. Almost any Ultraman on Crunchyroll is a good start!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yes!!

I recommend Mebius, but honestly it's hard to go wrong. Burkion will rec Nexus for darker-but-still-optimistic Ultraman, and I've been pointed to Orb as a good entry series too.

I'd also point to Geed, but you have to watch the recap episode 0 for the Zero movies you're missing out on, so.

tl;dr Mebius!

X is pretty good too, it's basically the Heisei equivalent of Mebius only shorter (I also like that for once both the Ultraman and his host are unique characters in their own right, though they're kind of doing that with Zero in Geed currently as well).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

drrockso20 posted:

Shame we never saw one of the main Gashats get used in the second slot as a Level 3 form(or one of the secondary Gashats get used as a Level 1/2 Rider) on the show like you can with the toys

I'm still really irritated that the one time they teased someone using a Gashat that wasn't "theirs" (when Hiiro was about to use Mighty Action X to prevent Emu from fighting) he shows up and takes it from him. Come on, at least let us see Hiiro become Ex-Aid at least once!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

"Yo."

It also works with the video game theme. Red and blue tektites, man. Same monster, different color.

Also Charlie is a beautiful soul.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

StrixNebulosa posted:

Bonus mentions: Orb, Ginga (hahaha don't start here), X(?), Max (?), etc etc. Almost any Ultraman on Crunchyroll is a good start!

Most of this is fine, not as indepth as I'd do, but fine. Mebius is the one you want, TFR without a doubt. Maybe Orb or Geed, though Orb might be the best new starting point.

The first Ultraman Zero movie, Ultra Galaxy the Movie, is a kind of sequel to Ultraman Mebius so again, Mebius is a great place and I know it'd line up with you well. I don't think you'd like Nexus as much, honestly. Nexus is a pretty relentless show with a very serious, tragic tone.

But he made one critical error. More than Ginga, more than any other

Do not

Ever

Start with Gaia.

Why?

WELL I HAVE JUST THE POST ABOUT IT

Burkion posted:

Okay.

We need to talk.

We need to talk about Ultraman Gaia.

Ultraman Gaia is a show that has some goddamn brilliant ideas and concepts, a fantastic prototype of at least two different excellent series, a wonderful test bed for things that would stay with the franchise for decades to come

Ultraman Gaia is a giant piece of poo poo.

Just, loving, okay. Okay. Here is the core problem with Ultraman Gaia. It has the general plot beats and attempts at epic heights of Ultraman Mebius, some concepts it has work on a similar wavelength as Ultraman Nexus

And has possibly an even safer dumbed down corners rounded non edge tone than loving Cosmos. Who is the carebear Ultraman.

Ultraman Gaia is the Refried Beans of a TV show. The comfort food of tokusatsu. Strap in for 51 episodes of banal safe safety, because nothing is going to loving happen and challenge anything you care about or love what so ever. Same poo poo every episode, with plots that verge on the disturbing if it didn't keep undermining itself and then having really stupid poo poo happen

Sentai has more dire consequences than Gaia. And Sentai is a kids show. And yes, in Japan, there is a huge difference between what Sentai is and what Ultraman is. Anyone who knows how anime works, they know that is the reason why Dragon Ball Super doesn't have the blood and more extreme stuff that Dragon Ball Z had. One was aired in the general family hour, like Ultraman, while Super airs alongside Sentai and Pokemon.

Ultraman is a family program, meaning it gets away with more poo poo than most other Toku TENDS to. Except, with Gaia, it really felt like they were trying to ease everyone into the ultra soft kid friendly as gently caress Cosmos where monsters are only for hugging and friendship.

Which really conflicts with the general design and, again, PLOTS AND TONE. Serious things happen, but then they're fine. Or they just get better. The most our heroes ever suffer are a few cuts, and that includes after self sacrificing themselves and their jet explodes around them.

But okay, so what. It's light and fluffy. Sure fine. The last series basically ended with the main hero dying, why not take a step back. Oh sure, one of the Ultramen hates humanity and views them as responsible for the destruction of the world, but why not work that into the loving friendship locker that this show apparently wants to be. Tone alone isn't enough to make a show bad. No, for that, you need something else.

How about a cast of, and I don't think I'm exaggerating here, near about 20 main characters? Not like, GranSazer, which only had 12 and juggled them expertly for the first 24 episodes

No, no, I mean 20 out the gate. Surely I am joking! No, No I'm really not. Of the defense team, of JUST THE PILOTS, the named characters we see almost every goddamn episode, we have FOUR teams of three people running around at all times, with at least one or two more auxiliary three man teams just in case.

This does not include the main loving character, the three, later two, later three again when one reappeared for the finale to eat up 10 minutes of screen time from the actual story, bridge crew, or the three military commanders of varying ranks- or the on again off again bosses for THEM.

This also does not include the main character's rival, the other Ultraman, his reporter girlfriend, her two hanger ons, their boss and the few people associated with them, the main character's MIT Friends, who are important and come up more than you would loving THINK DESPITE THERE BEING FOUR OF THEM WHAT THE gently caress, his PARENTS, SOME OTHER loving SCIENTIST GUY IN COOL GUY GLASSES, SOME AMERICAN gently caress OFF, and then at the last episode *EVERY SINGLE ONE OF TEH PILOTS GETS A NERD FRIEND THAT WE GET T OSEE TALKING WITH ONE ANOTHER FOR HALF OF THE GODDAMN EPISODE BECAUSE gently caress YOU IF YOU WANTED A BIG CLIMATIC FIGHT*

And that's not even ALL OF THE CHARACTERS. Those are just the important ones! Those are just the ones important enough to take up more time in the last episodes than THE MAIN CONFLICT AND FINAL VILLAIN.

And NONE of them are good. NONE of them are memorable. With a cast this gigantic, you'd think they'd be fodder, but no, they survive. They survive every single fight. No questions asked. Even if they shouldn't have, even if we SEE they don't, they survive.

And the worst thing is that they're all useless. None of them accomplish anything really notable. They are just there to eat up screen time and to ineffectually attack the MOTW and do nothing.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/ultraman-gaia/episode-45-the-living-planet-693649

If you must watch any episode of Gaia, please let it only be this one. This is everything great and good about Ultraman Gaia, with one of the best monsters it has, and one of my favorites in the whole franchise.

BlitzBlotz is one of the best MOTW period, from his design, to his style, to what he does.

He's the only one that feels like a threat, and he, better than even the final villain, embodies the best of Gaia and the themes of Gaia. Of the whole world coming together to fight an intelligent, powerful alien threat, humanity, Earth born Kaiju and Ultramen joining together to save the world.

BlitzBlotz is the herald of the end, in so many ways. In universe, he is the first Oh poo poo Things Are Getting Serious villain- and effectively the last one too!

And if you see more Gaia, you can see how this also embodies the WORST of Ultraman Gaia. It's just not done as lovely here. You won't even know it's poo poo until you see the other episodes in fact!

But this is getting away from the fact that Gaia is the worst kind of toothless. It wants to perform- it wants to make sweet tender love to you. But between a bloated to bursting cast, a bizarre tone/message/execution clash, and never quite making anything as dangerous or as challenging as it could have, without making our heroes total morons, it is simply unable to do anything but flaccidly lay there. Just not even able to get it half way to chubs town.

The only thing it has going for it in the end are looks. It has some of THE BEST monster suits in the entire franchise, and some excellent fights if you can get past everything else. Ultraman Gaia and Ultraman Agul have their own Ultraman Secret Handshake they do all of once after teaming up against two monsters and it's the most bro-est best thing I've ever seen and it ONLY HAPPENS ONCE.

If you want a better Gaia, with a similar tone, that pulls it off

Watch Mebius

If you want a better Gaia that is as dark as Gaia tried to be before backing the gently caress off?

Watch Nexus

If you want a better Gaia that is even more kid friendly and safe?

Watch Cosmos.

Here is the only thing from Gaia you ever need to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCUk-XaH6pQ

That.

That is it.

You are welcome.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is Gaia one of the older shows or one of the newer ones?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Gaia was made in '98-99 so technically newish?

It's bad. I watched the first episode and found it unbearably tedious. Please watch anything else.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

To explain, with Ultraman, it's a bit weird to define because there isn't as much Ultraman as there is Kamen Rider or Sentai.

Ultraman takes breaks constantly between shows, or experiments with them. So the Old Shows are from the 60s and 70s, with the new era starting in the mid 90s.

Technically it's some weird bygone era at this point. Meibus is now the last show you could call 'new', and it's 12 years old. The new era began, for all of its faults and sins, with Ultraman Ginga which is just an abysmal show.

But, unlike with Gaia, Ginga at least never had the promise and potential. Ginga was just boring and the fights were bad and it never got to be more than it was. There was never that much more for Ginga to grow.

Gaia had all the potential in the world. It had fantastic story ideas and a great set up and the bones of the best finale in the entire franchise

And then you can just look at my mega rant on what happened with the result.

Mebius isn't as ambitious as Gaia was, but it goes so much further and so much higher.

You might LIKE Gaia, because again, nothing is overtly wrong with it. It's just, if you want any kind of substance from a show that constantly promises substance, you will be so disappointed.

Also Ultraman 80 isn't really a great place to start either. FYI.

Ultraman Leo is if you want a goofy strangely dark as gently caress 1970s kung fu show that opens with UltraSeven getting his leg snapped in half.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
All I know about Gaia other than Burkion's posts is ten seconds of the theme song and now it's stuck in my head.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's the other sad thing. Gaia's got a great theme. Just, loving what a waste of everything.

Thank God most of what Gaia did, other shows did infinitely better later on.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Well, when I meant new, is it like from the last few years or not. But I guess that answered my question anyway.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah. Meibus is, again, I think ideal for you. I think you'd key into it knowing some things you like, it's got one of the best finales if not the best finale of any show in the franchise, and while it is in continuity with the older shows, that does not dominate it.

You get introduced to the returning characters pretty effectively.

The only awkward thing is that you'll have to track down the Ultraman Mebius and the Ultra Brothers movie, but that's easy enough to find. It is completely in canon, and takes place around episode 20 something.

It's easily the best of the Anniversary series from that era, including Decade and Gokaiger.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm gonna ask something I've been meaning to for while - what's a good KR to start with? I'm entirely new to sentai save a few episodes of Zyuranger, so all I can really say about my tastes is that I really enjoyed SPD.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
W is a really common entry point. Technically I've only watched since OOO but I went back for W and it's my pick.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Caphi posted:

W is a really common entry point. Technically I've only watched since OOO but I went back for W and it's my pick.

I'll be the contrarian and say that I really bounced off of W 18~ eps in and I don't know if I would have continued with KRs outside of it. Start with Kuuga instead!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'll be the contrarian and say that I really bounced off of W 18~ eps in and I don't know if I would have continued with KRs outside of it. Start with Kuuga instead!

I bounced off of Kuuga's weird oldschool direction/pacing, so I guess now we have to fight. Meet me in the warehouse next to the quarry and the river.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Heh. Mebius would have to be really great to dethrone Gokaiger for me. I love that a lot.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What kind of Kamen Rider do you like

If you'd like something more serious, Kuuga is excellent.

If you'd rather something a bit more fun, W is a good place too.

OOOs isn't terrible if you don't mind your first being very flawed

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'll have to look into one of them - W's intro looks good, but Kuuga can't be much worse than MMPR. :v:

Speaking of which, it's time for a flower monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
If you want something that's nothing but fun Fourze is really charming. It's not real deep, but it's very... gleeful. Watch out for your star sign in it, unless you're Pisces, because I swear to god, no one in crap genre media respects Pisces.

• Locked thread