Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

trevor noah is godawful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
gently caress Marry Kill? Trevor Noah, Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

trevor noah is godawful

extremely trash

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

SlipkPIe posted:

gently caress Marry Kill? Trevor Noah, Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann

lol thats hard to decide

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"There's some bad folks on both sides" -comedy man trevor noah doing very good comedy

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

If the fake media is already fake, is it then .... real?

:thunk:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

GBS ROCKS!!!!!!!!! posted:

trevor noah saved the daily show

Saved it from what, being funny or relevant or having any integrity?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I see two ways to get rid of antifa.

1. Shut up, retard. Let them punch the nazis and they'll go away.

2. Complain like a dumb bitch.

LOL that the daily show picked number 2.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

antifa are scary! *white nationalist party controls the entire government and is currently rolling back any and all progress of the past fifty years*

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jon Stewart sure can pick 'em!

edit: I remember a story about how Jon Stewart was pitching a joke to the writers and it involved doing a "black character" to which Wyatt Cenac, a black man, said hey that's kind of racist to which Stewart responded:

quote:

He got incredibly defensive. I remember he was like, 'What are you trying to say? There’s a tone in your voice.' I was like, 'There’s no tone. It bothered me.' ... And then he got upset. He stood up and he was just like, 'F— off. I’m done with you.' And he just started screaming that to me, and he screamed it a few times. … 'F— off! I’m done with you.' And he stormed out. I didn’t know if I had been fired."

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 1, 2017

burning swine
May 26, 2004

here's a fresh lol

quote:

The cartoonist behind the Pepe the Frog meme cartoon has taken legal action to force a self-published children's book that uses the character to promote anti-Islamic themes to give all of the profits to a Muslim advocacy organisation.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-01/pepe-the-frog-cartoonists-forces-withdrawal-of-alt-right-book/8864382

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

It's funny that the further to the left I go, the more ridiculously, transparently centrist Trevor Noah and Samantha Bee are. But at least Samantha Bee is funny.

At first I read that as the creator of Pepe was going to make his own anti-Islam children's book starring Pepe.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Antifa exists for the sole purpose of preventing fascists from having an easy public voice. Their methods may be crude, but as evidenced by numerous nazis going "it's just not fair :cry:" on the internet recently they're effective.

The only reason to be anti-antifa is if you want fascists to have a place in society. I can only see one reason why anyone would want that. :hitler:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

"There's some bad folks on both sides" -comedy man trevor noah doing very good comedy

I believe the message was "there are a few rotten apples who call themselves antifa" but he still failed at being funny.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I'm like 99% sure Jon Stewart picked Trevor Noah because he knew there was noooo way Noah would ever outshine him

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Avirosb posted:

I believe the message was "there are a few rotten apples who call themselves antifa" but he still failed at being funny.

Oh sorry I didn't spell it out for you "there's bad folks on both sides *wink*" -comedy man trevor noah

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Trevor Noah is the Donald Trump of the Daily Show, so it's actually quite fitting

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Big fat retard comes from privilege made his money turfing people out of their homes in new york reality tv star oval office still running my favorite most interesting country. Come on chaps, sort it out pip pip.

lol

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Oh sorry I didn't spell it out for you "there's bad folks on both sides *wink*" -comedy man trevor noah

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

haljordan posted:

I'm like 99% sure Jon Stewart picked Trevor Noah because he knew there was noooo way Noah would ever outshine him

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/878686481644216321?lang=en

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Post ITT every time you get mad at The Daily Show and want to ruin the lol thread

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
This calls for some good ol' fashioned internet activism.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

I was there :)

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
What an odd coincidence that the lols would drop off when the Daily Show dominates the conversation.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm not sure I'll ever forgive CNN for putting that insufferable retard Jeffery Lord on TV but promos all day long showing Reagan being a loving idiot are a good start.

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How bad do you think trump's dementia could get before republicans decide maybe it's time to get rid. Imagine if Reagan was on twitter all the time when his brain was mush

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Bush Sr. is barely conscious nowadays and I think he'd make better decisions and communicate better than Pissman

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gbs hates black talk show hosts

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

bloom posted:

Antifa exists for the sole purpose of preventing fascists from having an easy public voice. Their methods may be crude, but as evidenced by numerous nazis going "it's just not fair :cry:" on the internet recently they're effective.

The only reason to be anti-antifa is if you want fascists to have a place in society. I can only see one reason why anyone would want that. :hitler:

A lot of Americans are clinging to the lie that a) American society and institutions are not fundamentally racist and b) neoliberalism and capitalism can be salvaged. They know deep in their hearts that a conflict of fundamental values is coming, but want to pretend they can just technocraticly manage it away. It reminds me a lot of the state of Russia at the turn of the 20th century. There's a desperate desire not to believe that society is being foundationally upheaved, even as you watch it happen.

And lol Trump is President. The fact alone means American democracy can never go back to what it was. Why should people believe in the system if it failed so badly.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Blast of Confetti posted:

Trevor Noah broke the GBS' brains.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming... Here's a quality LOL for y'all:

Donald Trump (yeah, that guy!) is President

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Desus and Mero are awesome. Watch them instead of the daily show

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

The daily show became preachy garbage when Stephen colbert got his own gig.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

i loving love oprah and have a shrine to her in my house, rear end in a top hat

notice me, oprah-senpai

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Sedge and Bee posted:

Desus and Mero are awesome. Watch them instead of the daily show

Do they talk about Trump a lot? Like, a lot?

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Avirosb posted:

Donald Trump (yeah, that guy!) is President

The guy from the Apprentice??

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

bloom posted:

I can see the point that antifa harm their credibility by being violent & it is hypocritical to denounce Nazis for the same.

But that argument falls apart when you realize that the actions of some do not necessarily represent the actions of the group, that non-violent direct action does not work 100% of the time, that no one gets to determine & sanction the actions of others in this extremely polarized environment; that hand-wringing white moderates are not offering any solutions with their contempt; that property destruction is not violence; that at least some of the examples of "violence" are in response to the same or out of a desire to protect themselves; and that a lot of the criticism seems to come from the self-same conservative wellspring & is used to distract & divert attention from violent white supremacists.

imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/theblowout/stat...r%3D715%23pti15

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
https://twitter.com/aidnmclaughlin/status/894945988137320448

This made me lol, and it wouldn't have happened had Trump not been president. Thanks Trump. Thrump.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/suntzufuntzu/st...r%3D715%23pti15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Annnnnd, that a LOL! The lols are back everybody, we did it!