Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Hah, alright alright that's why I'm asking ITT. :tipshat:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd take that trade. I get that Hunt isn't a sure thing, but either are Hopkins or Martin. I'd rather have Hunt.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Boosh! posted:

Hah, alright alright that's why I'm asking ITT. :tipshat:

If you're referring to my post I wasn't openly mocking you.

I'd rather have Hunt than Hopkins or Martin but Hopkins and Martin for Hunt is nuts.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

I'd take that trade. I get that Hunt isn't a sure thing, but either are Hopkins or Martin. I'd rather have Hunt.

You're crazy. He's giving up way too much for Hunt.

If I was going to give up Hopkins, I'd do Hopkins/Duke for Hunt/like his WR3.

If he gives up Hopkins AND Martin, he's getting taken out behind the shed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmfao

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

pubic works project posted:

You're crazy. He's giving up way too much for Hunt.

If I was going to give up Hopkins, I'd do Hopkins/Duke for Hunt/like his WR3.

If he gives up Hopkins AND Martin, he's getting taken out behind the shed.

Agreed. Hunt is far from the most talented rookie RB. He will do well given his cushy situation, but I think Hopkins bounces back this year and Martin will have a decent year post-suspension. No way I give up both.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm a little leery of relying on Martin as a RB2 post suspension.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ben Nevis posted:

I'm a little leery of relying on Martin as a RB2 post suspension.

It's not really a question of relying on Martin. It's just that that particular deal was TERRIBLE.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

It's not really a question of relying on Martin. It's just that that particular deal was TERRIBLE.

Terrible or not, he's still relying on Martin as a RB2 after his suspension. I would not do that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have to share this desperate text from my brother.

quote:

Drafting on the phone quick who are some sleepers

*sent Beersheet list, mention Kamara

quote:

Who else!!!
I'm not looking for boards I'm looking for knowledge! Quick!

"Did you even click the link?"

quote:

Yes on my phone which is hard to see. I don't want list! QUick! What are the 10th round sleepers??

"What you're asking is an impossible question
Click the second link
It's like texting your IT guy and saying "quick I have a meeting that's about to start what's wrong with my computer?? "

quote:

rear end in a top hat! In draft! No time for list I was asking what is your tenth round sleeper was

"how are you not getting that there's no such thing as a 10th round sleeper it's literally depending on who has been picked or not and I don't know that information"

quote:

drafted Kamra

He'll probably win his league, that's just how fantasy goes.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

Terrible or not, he's still relying on Martin as a RB2 after his suspension. I would not do that.

Martin alternates good and bad years, last was a bad, this year he'll be good.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
It's 2 bad, then 1 good!

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
10 team PPR. Start 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE and 2 flex. Picked 3rd.

QB - Stafford (13)
RB - Gurley (2) Hunt (7) Gillislee (8) Duke (10) Riddick (11)
WR - Brown (1) Demaryius (4) Jeffery (5) Tate (6) Garcon (9) John Brown (12) Beasley (14)
TE - Gronk (3)
Chiefs D

I think it came out pretty good but I'm super reliant on Hunt being good. Or Gillislee being reliable. Little worried about Stafford too but there are some options on the wire.

Also thinking about ditching Beasley and picking up a defense for week 1 when the Chiefs have the Pats.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Boosh! posted:

It's 2 bad, then 1 good!

Nope, 2013 was shaping up to be a good, just injury derailed it. Go get some suspended DMart this year yall

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is Buffalo really into a tanking situation like people make them out to be? Seems they are just shuffling some things around and acquiring draft picks while doing it.

Reason I wonder out loud, is cause of Shady.

I mean, let's look at it this way...

- Sammy Watkins hardly played last year and LeSean ATE while he wasn't playing
- Jordan Matthews is a significant upgrade over Robert Woods

The rest of the offense is the same . Although, there is a new OC, new coach, and they are swapping to a zone blocking scheme. Which has benefited Shady in the past (I believe the Eagles ran a zone blocking scheme in 2013 with Chip Kelly).

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

I have to share this desperate text from my brother.

*sent Beersheet list, mention Kamara

"Did you even click the link?"

"What you're asking is an impossible question
Click the second link
It's like texting your IT guy and saying "quick I have a meeting that's about to start what's wrong with my computer?? "

"how are you not getting that there's no such thing as a 10th round sleeper it's literally depending on who has been picked or not and I don't know that information"

He'll probably win his league, that's just how fantasy goes.

Last year I had to go through my two sisters' teams and replace their double kickers and QBs who no longer played in the NFL

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ben Nevis posted:

Yes but if he trades Hopkins and a lesser RB than Martin for Hunt and a WR3, he could play DJ/Hunt in his RB slots and Martin in the flex. I would do that all day.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I'm trying to figure out how to scrape data (a list of drafted players) from a live yahoo draft. Testing this is somewhat difficult since the only way to test it is to set up a live draft. Before I make a dummy league, does anyone know if it is possible for the same user to access the draft url twice? This isn't something there are a lot of github projects on and the only example I know of for live synch is FantasyPros, who don't make their code public.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Yes but if he trades Hopkins and a lesser RB than Martin for Hunt and a WR3, he could play DJ/Hunt in his RB slots and Martin in the flex. I would do that all day.

We agreed on:

Hopkins
Tyrell
Duke

for

Hunt
Burkhead

I have to drop someone for a kicker anyway but I'll be keeping Martin.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Boosh! posted:

We agreed on:

Hopkins
Tyrell
Duke

for

Hunt
Burkhead

I value Hopkins and Hunt equally, so I don't see why you also had to give up Tyrell. But I guess if you're really high on Hunt, then ditching Tyrell is an acceptable cost.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Boosh! posted:

We agreed on:

Hopkins
Tyrell
Duke

for

Hunt
Burkhead

Not as bad as the previous offer, but that still wasn't good. I would have told him to gently caress off when he asked for another WR.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
e: Nevermind missed he had Desean too

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Here's a fun one: out of the drafts you've done this year, which one is the worst draft that you've seen that was not an auto draft? Here is my nomination.

Eli was drafted in the SECOND ROUND.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I meaaaannn.... I could see that team making noise :shrug:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah but you think Blount is good for some reason

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I did a public league for funsies last night and a guy started Stafford/Cook/Tucker so

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Here's a fun one: out of the drafts you've done this year, which one is the worst draft that you've seen that was not an auto draft? Here is my nomination.

It'd have to be a team in my main 14 team league where the guy overspent on Le'Veon, Beast Mode, and Gronk. Then he decided to raise the price on Cam and got stuck with him. Pretty sure he spent more than $1 each on his kicker and defense.

His roster:

QB - Cam
RB - Le'Veon
RB - Beast Mode
WR - Rishard Matthews
WR - Mohamed Sanu
TE - Gronk
Flex - Jared Cook
K - Lutz
D/ST - Texans
BN - Manning, Kaepernick, Torrey Smith, Tyler Lockett, Devin Funchess, James Conner, Marlon Mack

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There's a guy in my 10 team standard scoring league who has 2 running backs on his roster.

I'm not sure what he expects to do after one of them misses time or during their bye weeks...

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 1, 2017

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

I have one that was a partial autodraft 14 team auction, spent down to $1 maxbid and walked out. He had 2 RB, total:

QB Matt Ryan $31
RB Alfred Morris $8
RB Mark Ingram $16
WR DeAndre Hopkins $45
WR Michael Thomas $65
TE Jordan Reed $24
FLEX Mike Wallace $3
LB NaVorro Bowman $4
DL Jadeveon Clowney $1
DB Kenny Vaccaro $1
DP Vontaze Burfict $2
K Caleb Sturgis $1
BE Andrew Luck $18
BE Zay Jones $1
BE Karl Joseph $1
BE Danielle Hunter $1
BE Eric Weddle $1
BE Sean Davis $1
BE Cliff Avril $1

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Both of these are bad. One of them was autodrafted and the other was done by a real life human being with years of experience.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'm always looking for WR flyers, especially in 1 PPR. Does Jermaine Kearse gain any more value now that he's a Jet?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

I'm always looking for WR flyers, especially in 1 PPR. Does Jermaine Kearse gain any more value now that he's a Jet?

I think he's the only WR on the Jets who has ever started anywhere. That's gotta be worth something. Probably more than Seattle where he's presumably behind Baldwin and Graham (and maybe Lockett). I, um, still wouldn't be running out for Jets WRs.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Couldn't have lost any value imo.

He was already behind Baldwin, graham, and essentially the 4th WR behind Lockett and Richardson. Their rookie Williams looked pretty good all preseason too.

He's also absolute garbage and don't roster him iyam.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yeah the plan is never to start him. He'd be the last WR on my bench. I just like grabbing flyers and seeing if they pan out or flipping him to a WR needy team if he ever has a huge game. I'm in two 14 man leagues and there are some people that have terrible WRs.

I'm debating dropping Nelson Agholor for him, but I'll probably stand pat.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
If your league gives you a billion points for WR blocks during run plays, then Kearse is your man. If your league relies on outdated things like catches or yards to provide points, then he probably isn't.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jermaine Kearse is loving terrible

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Silly Burrito posted:

Here you go, from the guy who finished third last year. $100 buy in.

ZIGfried fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 1, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Aw hells yeah! Zane Gonzalez won the job to be the Browns' kicker. My secret kicker hot take is I'm taking him with the last pick in any draft.

God I'm so desperate to finally draft fantasy teams this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Ha ha man the Browns have released Brock!!

• Locked thread