Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Coolguye posted:

i'd say it's more a reading problem than a math problem because you clearly can't read what's being posted

or, more probably, you're choosing not to. whatever, man, let it remain on a pedestal in your own mind, not my delusion.

Guess so!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Digirat posted:

In other words, pvp is fine as long as it takes no time or money to make, which is literally impossible. Make no mistake, there is no way to add a non-horrible pvp mode to a game like this without a serious investment of resources. Lunethex just laid out some good reasons why it would be a massive effort to make it work with vermintide's existing design, and I guess I'll add my reasons to that when I'm not phoneposting

:thejoke: I was saying in a roundabout way that PvP in vermintide would be bad. And spending resources on something that best case scenario will only divide​ the player base is well a waste of resources. I do not understand this desire some of you have towards bring PvP and new enemy races into a game about killing rats with friends. Not fighting player controlled rats and some times orcs with friends.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Look, I want to be the rat.

Also if Vermntide 2 is set in Lustria, I want to be the Skink. One of the playbles better be a Skink with a blowpipe and funky Aztec weaponry.

Just got the first game from the Humble Jumbo Bundle, so now it's time to have rat-related fun with freinds while secretly wishing I could make all the humans die-die.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The dream will never be my friend.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Total Warhammer 2's got you covered soon.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
Honestly, with how toxic people were in lfd1 and 2 versus mode, I'm more than happy to never have anything like it again, drat how good the implementation could possibly be. Internet 'troll culture' is a lovely thing that tends to turn me off from anything remotely competitive these days, due to how quickly people are willing to tell you to kill yourself and intentionally tank the game/try to vote kick you because you might be playing sub-optimally from their skewed point of view.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Teaser really sounds like a Lizardman. Maybe a Hellpit Abomination? Doesn't really sound like what I'd imagine from a Hellpit Abomination but that's the only skaven-related thing that seems like a possibility.

The steam page goes through the trouble of awkwardly shoving in the nonspecific word "enemies" rather than making it clear this is purely rat-based, so who knows. Screenshots sure as hell don't look like Lustria though.

I think fighting goblins could be fun. They're similarly poo poo-tier fighters as skaven, they have a lot of personality, and they seem a lot more satisfying to smack around than VC skeletons. Might veer a little bit too far in the comedic direction for the general audience though.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
I hope Vermintide 2 doesn't have versus because now I'm old and a filthy casual I much prefer just killing rats with friends and beer

Zephro fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Sep 1, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Vargs posted:

Teaser really sounds like a Lizardman. Maybe a Hellpit Abomination? Doesn't really sound like what I'd imagine from a Hellpit Abomination but that's the only skaven-related thing that seems like a possibility.

Could also be gooey Pestilens rats.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Zephro posted:

I hope Vermintide 2 doesn't have versus because now I'm old and a filthy casual I much prefer just killing rats with friends and beer

You don't have to play it...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Enjoy posted:

You don't have to play it...

It doesn't happen without any resource investment either, and if it was there it would be at the cost of resources that we want invested in the game we actually care about. If versus is there, the co-op we want will be worse, end of story.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

It it takes 100 units to complete Y and you have 150 units then god drat lets no do X because digirat.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
you're silly, dude.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

were all friends here

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I'm stuck trying to figure out the worst possible characters for a Vermintide sequel:

-Gnoblar

-A High Elf, but none of the cool ones, just the guy they get to pilot the bird-chariot

-Destitute Brettonnian peasant

-A Sigmarine

-The dead guy stuck in a Black Coach

-Disgruntled Halfling Wife with a rolling pin

-Two Scrunts in a coat

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

ChickenHeart posted:

I would absolutely play a hobbit housewife so furious about how some rat stole the pie off her windowsill that she went to war.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ChickenHeart posted:

I'm stuck trying to figure out the worst possible characters for a Vermintide sequel:

-Gnoblar

-A High Elf, but none of the cool ones, just the guy they get to pilot the bird-chariot

-Destitute Brettonnian peasant

-A Sigmarine

-The dead guy stuck in a Black Coach

-Two Scrunts in a coat

Mannfred von Carstein.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Thanquol

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this is a weird definition of 'worst'

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Johnny Joestar posted:

this is a weird definition of 'worst'

fine.

Balthasar Gelt.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lunethex posted:

fine.

Balthasar Gelt.

He pursues shiny stuff no matter the cost, he's perfect for Vermintide.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I would be so down for two scrunts in a coat if it meant we could get a level in the SLAM SECTOR.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hey now Gelt could/would be rad, his conflag staff just turns the skaven into lead statues.

Also a brettonian peasant who finally had enough would kick rear end, let me pitchfork and flail some rats.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

a witch elf, you couldn't proceed cause she would constantly be getting an elf boner over all the dead things.

a bret peasant would be sweet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Cross dressing brettonian knight errant.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If a brettonian means we finally get some polearm weapons to chop up rats from a distance then sign me tf up

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I want a filthy peasant whose weapon choices include a pitchfork, a hunting bow, and a giant Twilight Princess-style ball and chain that murders everything around you but causes you to automatically drift around less and less controllably the longer you swing it.

Hat choices are just various shapes of floppy leather bag.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A ratcatcher with a small but vicious dog that is used like Bloodwing in Borderlands.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

His weapon pool just consists of different kinds of dogs.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The Boston Terrier looks good on paper with how massive it's single-target damage is, but even after the patch the Pomeranian still beats it out on overall DPS.

Wish they'd fix the yipping from looping endlessly, though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the ragged dog with no identifiable breed is my favorite, honestly. it's not optimal but it puts in a lot of work and is fun to play with!!!!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

just lol if youre not using a german shepherd in not-germany

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Rat catching and no mention of Jack Russell Terriers? :colbert:

I want to see a 20-25lb bundle of teeth and energy take down a loving armored stormvermin. Terriers are basically the antithesis of ratkind.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the jack russel is like the handgun in that it does a lot of work but then has to take a nice long nap to recover

it becomes the de-facto standard when someone realizes you can throw it at roger and there's an absolutely hilarious, neatly choreographed struggle between the two that lasts a full minute and ends with roger bleeding out on the pavement and the jack russel laying peacefully on its head, smiling like a champion

it is the only thing to smile in the End Times, but it smiles enough for the entire old world

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

the jack russel is like the handgun in that it does a lot of work but then has to take a nice long nap to recover

it becomes the de-facto standard when someone realizes you can throw it at roger and there's an absolutely hilarious, neatly choreographed struggle between the two that lasts a full minute and ends with roger bleeding out on the pavement and the jack russel laying peacefully on its head, smiling like a champion

it is the only thing to smile in the End Times, but it smiles enough for the entire old world

:3:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I am entirely down with halfling lady, cross dressing knight errant, Gelt and Thanquol. I would also accept a goblin with a chainsaw

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

ChickenHeart posted:

Wish they'd fix the yipping from looping endlessly, though.

Clearly you've never lived next door to a pack of 6 poms. It's a feature, not a bug.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Coolguye posted:

just lol if youre not using a german shepherd in not-germany

"a small but vicious dog" is a reference to the Ratcatcher starting class in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, fyi

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Reloading the dog involves petting it and giving it a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

"a small but vicious dog" is a reference to the Ratcatcher starting class in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, fyi

🤘

White Coke posted:

Reloading the dog involves petting it and giving it a treat.

🤘🤘

• Locked thread