Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Homer plays with a fidget spinner and discovers that he is, indeed, on fleek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I literally cannot tell which ones are jokes

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I literally cannot tell which ones are jokes
Same here. I feel like you could create a randomizer for Simpsons plots with enough seed Celebrity names and situations. Like maybe link it to a news aggregate for articles from ~2 years ago since that's how far behind trends they usually are due to animation time.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

JazzFlight posted:

Same here. I feel like you could create a randomizer for Simpsons plots with enough seed Celebrity names and situations. Like maybe link it to a news aggregate for articles from ~2 years ago since that's how far behind trends they usually are due to animation time.

I'm willing to bet that if you fed, say the first 13 seasons of the Simpsons into a neural network, that it would create a much better episode than the current method

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Season 38 Episode 5: Bart is fed up and wakes up in a world without zinc. He is terrified to learn how many things use zinc. After a failed suicide attempt, he wakes up to find out it was just a dream and has his faith in zinc restored.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Season 38 Episode 5: Bart is fed up and wakes up in a world without zinc. He is terrified to learn how many things use zinc. After a failed suicide attempt, he wakes up to find out it was just a dream and has his faith in zinc restored.

Ugh, less than a season after they'd already done the same with Lisa in a world without sand.

MisterBear
Aug 16, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

Brought to you by the Zinc Council of America - Making Zinc Great Again

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Bart tries, and fails, to become a famous MeTube celebrity. But Lisa discovers his webcam and reinvents herself as an online celebrity. Will she handle the pressure of fame? At the nuclear plant, Mr. Burns installs a crane game which Homer becomes obsessed with. Guest starring Josh Gad as the voice of the crane game. It's "About Ethics in Simpsons Journalism" - this Sunday on Fox!

What happens when Marge and Bart get locked in Homer's secret panic room? And why is Bumblebee Man there, too? And as if that's not enough; Maggie and Homer find a treasure map that seems to lead right to.... The Springfield Retirement Castle?!? Special guest star Jim Parsons joins the fun on "The Big Bang Simpson", this week!

Homer and Moe discover mushrooms growing in the basement of the tavern. Using them, Moe turns his bar into a gastropub and begins to attract a high society crowd. But will this tear their friendship apart? And does Lisa have a crush on one of the new residents of Springfield? Guest starring Nick Jonas as Billy, Gordon Ramsay as himself, and Nicki Minaj as the mushrooms. Stay tuned for "Mushroom with a View".

Homer receives a letter from his half-brother Herb, inviting the Simpsons to visit his private island. When they get there, they are shocked to learn that Herb has merged his company with another familiar face. Guest starring Albert Brooks as Hank Scorpio. It's "From Herb With Love"!

That last one actually made me angry typing it up, because I could totally see modern Simpsons trying to bank on nostalgia and bringing back a perfect character like Scorpio only to ruin him.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
You think they'd call it "MeTube?" IT would be "TyMube" FFS

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Lottery fever grips Springfield as the Megaball jackpot hits 1 billion dollars. All the citizens of Springfield have plans for the winnings, but what happens when the most unlikely character wins it all?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
they fired Alf Clausen because it's too expensive to have a full orchestra for each episode

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/simpsons-composer-alf-clausen-fired-1202543183/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

they fired Alf Clausen because it's too expensive to have a full orchestra for each episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkmq2lR3fBM

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ironic because apparently Richard Sakai really didn't like this episode because of how borderline racist it was.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
there were SJWs in 1991?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

there were SJWs in 1991?

Post fits rap sheet.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I only have my rap sheet because the mods are SJWs

makes u think

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

muscles like this! posted:

Ironic because apparently Richard Sakai really didn't like this episode because of how borderline racist it was.

By every account I've read, Richard Sakai is a complete rear end in a top hat.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

MisterBear posted:

Brought to you by the Zinc Council of America - Making Zinc Great Again

I read that the biggest lobbyist for keeping the penny around IS the Zinc council.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
It's when they showed bart simpson's vagina

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Laterite fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 31, 2017

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

A Fancy Hat posted:

Bart tries, and fails, to become a famous MeTube celebrity. But Lisa discovers his webcam and reinvents herself as an online celebrity. Will she handle the pressure of fame? At the nuclear plant, Mr. Burns installs a crane game which Homer becomes obsessed with. Guest starring Josh Gad as the voice of the crane game. It's "About Ethics in Simpsons Journalism" - this Sunday on Fox!

Nope, MeTube is way too clever a knock on Youtube and its celebrities / obsessives. It'd be

or maybe Cletus gets some of Mary's recordin' money and make YallTube or something

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Iron Crowned posted:

You think they'd call it "MeTube?" IT would be "TyMube" FFS

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
edit: wrong thread

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
in 10 years time we'll see that same bart and mihouse love pic, excpet it will be a tranny thing

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

or maybe Cletus gets some of Mary's recordin' money and make YallTube or something

That's being far too generous. In 'The D'oh-cial Network' Lisa invents 'SpringFace', which people access on their MyPhones. They don't even attempt jokes.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

execs posted:

Listen, I know your idea is funny to you and me, but what if the audience doesn't get it?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Monday_ posted:

By every account I've read, Richard Sakai is a complete rear end in a top hat.

well he's still involved in making the simpsons after all this time

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
I'm really surprised to find out an Asian guy is intimately involved with Simpsons production. I think he'd have to be a sort of weird guy because all the Asians on the Simpsons are paper-skinned goblins who talk like racist fortune cookies.

While I was researching this I discovered that Cookie Kwan, one of the few Asian characters to get a last name, has a cousin. Her name is Nookie Kwan and she is physically identical to Cookie in every way.

Cookie Kwan also has a Facebook page and is friends with Mark Zuckerberg. Like, in the show, one season before Lisa made SpringFace. I'm not reading this poo poo anymore

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
they literally named the asian character "cookie" i mean holy moly

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
The Simpsons going to China was predictability pretty racist and dumb. I think they just looked at Wikipedia and got a list of stuff that's Chinese and wrote jokes from that. Great Wall, adoptions, dragons, Mao etc.

The Israel episode is probably the worst of all the 'Simpsons go to' episodes though. All I remember is Bart doing Krav Maga and the Borat guy doing a voice.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

SEX BURRITO posted:

The Israel episode is probably the worst of all the 'Simpsons go to' episodes though. All I remember is Bart doing Krav Maga and the Borat guy doing a voice.

I didn't even know this actually happened, hahaha, please tell me they made a horribly ill-advised commentary on Palestine.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

SEX BURRITO posted:

The Simpsons going to China was predictability pretty racist and dumb. I think they just looked at Wikipedia and got a list of stuff that's Chinese and wrote jokes from that. Great Wall, adoptions, dragons, Mao etc.

My wife

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

khwarezm posted:

I didn't even know this actually happened, hahaha, please tell me they made a horribly ill-advised commentary on Palestine.
Better still, Jerusalem is apparently inhabited solely by non-Arabic Jews, and neither Palestine nor Islam is ever mentioned.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Urdnot Fire posted:

Better still, Jerusalem is apparently inhabited solely by non-Arabic Jews, and neither Palestine nor Islam is ever mentioned.

Homer comes to believe he's the Messiah and delivers an address to an interfaith crowd inviting them to become members of a new religion: ChristMuJews

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

gotta pinch every last penny

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

khwarezm posted:

I don't think they even bothered with that. IIRC it was a lot of stuff about how quirky Israelis are and they visited some holy sites. Making some sort of commentary would involve actual effort.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Simpsons Visit Rhodesia

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
Holodo-Homer: The Simpsons win a contest to visit the Ukrainian SSR. Marge tries to moderate Homer's new addiction to salo. Bart finds that he has a talent for mining coal, and enrolls in a youth Stakhanovite contest. Lisa is concerned over grain shortages, but meets a boy (voiced by Maxim Litvinov) who reminds her that the US has problems too.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Humiliated by his inability to escape beer, coffee, and finally Moe's lemonade stand, Barney once again begs Homer for help kicking his drinking habit. This time, they drive to Seth and Munchie's to try the hippie duo's new kombucha blend. But disaster strikes when Homer himself becomes addicted to the teas instead, going through so many he becomes even fatter than when he was drinking Duff. When Barney forces him to attend a hippie seminar for "kombuchaholics" he wanders next door and meets Radiohead who introduce him to the wonders of UrbEx. But disaster strikes when Homer and the whole band disappears into the power plant silos. Meanwhile Marge gets a crush on Grace Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Ein cooler Typ posted:

i don't remember any music in the show except for the opening theme and the short version of the theme that plays at the start of the first scene of every episode so maybe they fired him for getting paid for doing nothing for 30 years