Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

exquisite tea posted:

I refuse to believe a man who wears that kind of hat is a stranger to crushing rejection.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's fine they said he can join the 'hypesquad'

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

It's regarding a business relationship and should be written by an adult for an adult.

It didn't seem like it was about a business relationship to me but that's just me.

e: I mean, I think the letter thing is dumb, but as far as I can tell it seems like a failed attempt at a cutesy rejection notice trying to let people down easily and unintentionally coming off as belittling. If it is legitimately business related then sure that's even worse but it doesn't seem like the position is anymore business-related than a moderator position at something awful is.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 1, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

It's fine they said he can join the 'hypesquad'
his follow up tweets are lol also, a hypesquad member is sending him long DMs about how discord is NOT childish and he was being turned into the discord police

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't mind the springle thing because, near as I can tell, that is a rejection letter for a partner position which is just a special kind of account thing and isn't an occupation or paid position or anything along those lines.

Though messing it up as "without further adieu" instead of "ado" is :laffo:

You're right, and it's worth mentioning that it's not really a business relationship it's just unlocking some features on your server. The framing of "elves" that kind of makes it seem like random chance was likely designed to stop folks from being so disappointed they quit discord.

It's still loving weird tho lol

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope Tingle sues them

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Freshly Litigated Springle's Cozy Debtor's Prison

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Real professionals use Slack anyway

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Freshly-Pushed Springle's Rosebud Fetishland

aka

Springle's "Once you pop, you can't stop."

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Greetings and salutations!
:yosbutt:
I'm Mister Grimthor, the investment goblin. We whispered your request into the ear of Qualifico the Wise Dragon
who oversees the Bottomless Cavern of Credit. He flew down, down, down, deep into the pit and returned with an answer!

Your Best Buy credit card limit increase was denied!

Well gosh darn that mean ol' dragon! But rules are rules! They say if you make your payments on time and get your balance
below 30% of the total limit a good credit witch will grant you a wish!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Macarius Wrench posted:

Counterpoint - i dont think ive used a better videogame crossbow than the BioShock one.

If you weren't pinning every enemy against the wall by their head in Bioshock then the problem was with you

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

vermin posted:

Greetings and salutations!
:yosbutt:
I'm Mister Grimthor, the investment goblin. We whispered your request into the ear of Qualifico the Wise Dragon
who oversees the Bottomless Cavern of Credit. He flew down, down, down, deep into the pit and returned with an answer!

Your Best Buy credit card limit increase was denied!

Well gosh darn that mean ol' dragon! But rules are rules! They say if you make your payments on time and get your balance
below 30% of the total limit a good credit witch will grant you a wish!

Curse you Grimthor!!! A pox on your house! Your 60" flatscreen... is now a 55"!!!

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
I am actually pretty excited to see how Activision does with pc support now that destiny 2 will be on pc.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Phantasium posted:

TINGLE ASKED YOU NOT TO STEAL THEM, WHAT A CROOK

I find this is the most disgusting part of that letter

an actual dog posted:

Curse you Grimthor!!! A pox on your house! Your 60" flatscreen... is now a 55"!!!

:byodood: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :byodood:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

is the account @springle_sexts taken yet
Once finished, they all cum in unison and summon a fortune cookie

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I've been watching some of that Mario+Rabbids game, and somehow weirder than the combination of Mario+Rabbids+Xcom to me is the combination of Mario+Grant Kirkhope.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I only own 2 games still in their shrink-wrap, Alpha Protocol on the 360 which will probably remain untouched because I don't currently have a working 360 and some disney tie-in game on ps2 that my dad bought just before he died :(

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Trip to shelter was short but productive. Identified a few viable kitties and will probably be getting one next week. :toot:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lizard Wizard posted:

Trip to shelter was short but productive. Identified a few viable kitties and will probably be getting one next week. :toot:

Nothing has ever made less sense to me.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

quote:

A legend among the Orcs of Mordor, Forthog Orcslayer is an unstoppable warrior who saves Mordor’s mightiest heroes at their moment of greatest need.

Mike ""Forthog"" Forgey was our Executive Producer and great friend here at Monolith. He was always ready to leap into the fray and save the game whenever and wherever he was most needed. We lost Mike to cancer during the development of Shadow of War, and we want to remember and honor him with a little bit of immortality in Mordor. The legendary Forthog Orcslayer is our way to continue having Mike leap into battle and save us when we're down.

We hope that you will share in the experience of being saved by the legendary Forthog Orcslayer as you enter the land of shadow.

(WB Games will donate to the Forgey family $3.50 from every purchase of the Forthog Orcslayer made from any 1 of the 50 United States or D.C. (but, excluding purchases made from AL, HI, IL, MA, MS and SC) through December 31, 2019. Void where prohibited by law. Your purchase is not tax deductible.}

This is neat right? I think it's pretty neat.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Macarius Wrench posted:

I only own 2 games still in their shrink-wrap, Alpha Protocol on the 360 which will probably remain untouched because I don't currently have a working 360 and some disney tie-in game on ps2 that my dad bought just before he died :(

The only game I have in the shrink wrap, to my knowledge, is Uncharted 4. It came with my slim PS4 that I got a year ago and I just never got around to cracking it open.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have too many untouched games not even counting steam. It is my greatest gamer sin.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
I had three copies of Fallout New Vegas for Xbox 360 at one point.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The game I own the most of is Resident Evil 4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HoboNews posted:

I'm glad you got it. Cats are cool. Dogs are cool too.

Hamsters are v. cool too

lookit that lil guy :3:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This is neat right? I think it's pretty neat.
He uses a Lute-Axe because he did music, which is something battle bards may use when they are not strumming a tune over your death, which is something they do. The rest of the DLC is eaten up by tax and Steam cut, so the money is entirely spent on the charity or to Steam.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I have now been on this site for three years straight! :toot:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Grouchio posted:

condolences

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grouchio posted:

'm srry

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grouchio posted:

now you have to start attending the weekly meetings. here's your chip.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grouchio posted:

I have now been on this site for 12 years stoned lol

whoops, i mean 11. can't count, too stoned.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I sometimes look at my reg date and wonder what the gently caress. Time sucks, getting old sucks, kill me please.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol anyone remember when old regdates were a loving badge of superiority and not a mark of shame as is proper

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Really Pants posted:

lol anyone remember when old regdates were a loving badge of superiority and not a mark of shame as is proper

No, I don't. :smugdog:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Really Pants posted:

:regd05:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
frankly i'm amazed that people with a regdate past 2009 or so who aren't re-regs exist

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Jay Rust posted:

The game I own the most of is Resident Evil 4

very same although i don't regret it a bit

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
*tugs collar awkwardly*

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
i own a ridiculous number of copies of vagrant story

it's me, i'm the person who really liked that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

i own a ridiculous number of copies of vagrant story

it's me, i'm the person who really liked that game.

i thought everyone liked Vagrant Story. i sure did. game owned hard.

speaking of owning, i own... holy poo poo, five versions of RE4. fuckin' lol.

• Locked thread