Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah, tomorrow night at 9:30pm eastern

Now we get to watch the draft class get injured in the final preseason games (which is why our draft is tomorrow instead of tonight)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I never opened a case on that waiver. poo poo. Bad day for fantasy

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

I never opened a case on that waiver. poo poo. Bad day for fantasy

Case opened.

The blind bids Example #2 at the bottom of this page: http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2016/support?L=79286&FAQ=537&SKIP=1 is almost exactly the Timmons thing and it says it will behave differently than what happened.

Group numbers supposedly do not count as weight, they are just placeholder numbers.

We'll wait to hear what they say.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Are we reverting to normal waiver bids now like we used last year or do I have to fill out conditional crap all the time?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Hey guys it's draft day!!

My entire roster is up for trade for 2017 and/or 2018 draft picks (and also roster players if you feel so inclined)

holla @ me!!!!

DeVante Parker already shipped out peace

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

later days alshon

still plenty of guys available!!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=280yPTyei0U

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm double-checking the draft settings.

I noticed one was wrong and am changing it. Specifically: if you don't make your pick within your 2 minute allotment, first MFL will try to draft whoever is at the top of your "My Draft List." If your list is empty of available players, now MFL will skip your pick instead of using ADP.

This is important because you are allowed to skip your pick, and, ADP for rookies is probably not based on dynasty rankings and therefore probably pretty jacked up.

This also means it's very very important that everyone should fill in your My Draft List just in case you get disconnected during the draft.

If you time out twice in a row, the system will stop giving you your 2 minute window and will just start taking the top guy in your My Draft List. Remember that even when it's not your turn, you can enter your next draft pick from the draft screen. This is different from your My Draft List - it's "pre-drafting" your guy, and takes precedence.

e. You might want to skip your pick in order to not draft a rookie at a salary you cannot afford, just as an example. You also are not obligated to fill your roster or your taxi squad. You should probably try to trade away picks you don't want, though.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I'm double-checking the draft settings.

I noticed one was wrong and am changing it. Specifically: if you don't make your pick within your 2 minute allotment, first MFL will try to draft whoever is at the top of your "My Draft List." If your list is empty of available players, now MFL will skip your pick instead of using ADP.

This is important because you are allowed to skip your pick, and, ADP for rookies is probably not based on dynasty rankings and therefore probably pretty jacked up.

This also means it's very very important that everyone should fill in your My Draft List just in case you get disconnected during the draft.

If you time out twice in a row, the system will stop giving you your 2 minute window and will just start taking the top guy in your My Draft List. Remember that even when it's not your turn, you can enter your next draft pick from the draft screen. This is different from your My Draft List - it's "pre-drafting" your guy, and takes precedence.

e. You might want to skip your pick in order to not draft a rookie at a salary you cannot afford, just as an example. You also are not obligated to fill your roster or your taxi squad. You should probably try to trade away picks you don't want, though.

I'm not sure how to fill your 'my draft list' generally.

Also, we can't currently fill the pre draft list:
THIS LEAGUE IS SETUP FOR A ROOKIE-ONLY DRAFT, BUT IT'S ALSO SET TO NOT ALLOW ROOKIES TO BE ADDED. THE COMMISSIONER MUST CHANGE AT LEAST ONE OF THESE TWO SETTINGS IN ORDER FOR THE DRAFT TO PROCEED.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

I went to the "ENTER YOUR LIVE DRAFT" screen.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah we need to enable rookies to be added. They'll be available in the next and subsequent faab auctions

I see there have been several blockbuster trades! I've received 2018 dues from Spermy and Zauper. As a reminder, you must pay dues for any year for which you are trading picks.

Also I am totally open to trading picks and players, please make proposals! I'm stuck with a busy day at work but I'll be responsive all day.

also it's gonna be 113 degrees here today, 114 tomorrow, jesus gently caress

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok rookies are turned back on. You should be able to pre-select them and also can add them to your waiver claims.

At the top of the page, click For Owners and pick My Draft List. This is the interface to use. It's not the same as pre-selecting your draft picks, which you can also do.

Pre-selecting a draft pick will cause your top available pre-selection to be picked the instant it's your turn to draft. This is cool and good for fast drafting.

My Draft List is a ranked list of players you want. You'll autopick from this list only if you run out your 2 minute timer. It's a fallback for in case you get disconnected. You should put some guys on there just to be certain you do not miss draft picks. If you intend to skip a draft pick, you can do that during your turn, or by leaving your My Draft List empty, not preselecting anyone for that pick, and waiting out your clock. But please don't do that because it means we all have to wait 2 minutes.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 1, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've updated the 2017 picks tab and added a 2018 picks tab to track all the draft pick trades.

Teemu, you gotta pay for 2018, or, trade your 2018 pick yo ugot from Titoons back to someone who has paid for 2018.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'll see what happens before the draft and I'll square up either way

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I created that DRAFT ROOM tab that should have the predraft picks listed on the left side too.

I did the Timmons thing. I hope people knew that was happening. I am driving, leper just asked me to do it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy and Teemu agreed on the Timmons adjustment.

I now have Timmons, and have just traded him away. His salary is $2.

I am subtracting $2 from my available FAAB budget, to account for what I should have spent. Zauper has no budget adjustment because Dansby costs the same as Timmons and he already paid for Timmons.

Timmons and Dansby should be set to $2 salary.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Spermy and Teemu agreed on the Timmons adjustment.

I now have Timmons, and have just traded him away. His salary is $2.

I am subtracting $2 from my available FAAB budget, to account for what I should have spent. Zauper has no budget adjustment because Dansby costs the same as Timmons and he already paid for Timmons.

Timmons and Dansby should be set to $2 salary.

Yep / perfect, thank you.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have added the three extra roster slots.

DO NOT FILL THESE ROSTER SLOTS THROUGH TRADES TODAY! They are only for your rookies, and if you use them during the draft, you will have to move rookies to your taxi squad to free them up, as previously discussed.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I have added the three extra roster slots.

DO NOT FILL THESE ROSTER SLOTS THROUGH TRADES TODAY! They are only for your rookies, and if you use them during the draft, you will have to move rookies to your taxi squad to free them up, as previously discussed.

To verify -- maximum roster is 24 + 2 on IR and 3 on the taxi squad, correct? So for the duration of the draft it's 27/2?

And after the changes, starting roster is:
QB RB RB WR WR TE [WR/RB/TE-FLEX] DE/DL LB CB/S [IDPFLEX] [IDPFLEX] for 12 starters?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Also, I just want to reiterate, because folks may not completely understand.

There is no way for me to make MFL assign the correct rookie salaries to our drafted rookies, as we draft them. Salaries will have to be entered manually. That means you need to know how much cap space you have, how much your rookies cost, and when to stop drafting to avoid busting your cap.

You can put up to three rookies on taxi squad and their salary won't affect your cap - but keep in mind, anyone on taxi squad can be stolen.

Here, again, are the rookie salaries for this year:

The first four picks in the first round are paid $20
The fifth through eighth picks are paid $18
The ninth through twelfth picks are paid $16
All players drafted in the second round are paid $8
All players drafted in the third round are paid $4
All players drafted in the fourth round are paid $2
All remaining drafted players (fifth and later rounds) are paid $1

Know how much your draft picks cost and how much room you have left. For some of you this won't be an issue because you have gobs of cap space, but there are a few teams with pretty tight caps and you can't drop veterans to clear cap space any more (you can still trade them away).

You can trade away draft picks, and you can simply skip a pick if you want.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zauper posted:

To verify -- maximum roster is 24 + 2 on IR and 3 on the taxi squad, correct? So for the duration of the draft it's 27/2?

And after the changes, starting roster is:
QB RB RB WR WR TE [WR/RB/TE-FLEX] DE/DL LB CB/S [IDPFLEX] [IDPFLEX] for 12 starters?

This is exactly correct!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Kelvin Benjamin is available.

if you want a fat $22 receiver

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Guys I still have Jordy, Mosley, Timmons , and ~~*gronk*~~ and I don't own all the 1st or 2nd round picks yet so what's up

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I don't know who half of those people are

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't even know who you are.

In the end, can you ever really know anyone?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm down to four roster slots available, with three going to my practice squad. That makes my fourth+ round picks useless to me. I'm looking to trade away 4th+ round picks, or trade away players off my roster to make room for picks.

4.5 should not be a completely useless draft pick: lemme know what you want for it, guys! Maybe 2018 picks?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Still plenty of time to trade with me!! Jordy needs a good home

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't have the cap space... and honestly, you have enough dang picks!

I hope the rest of the owners are paying attention.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

you have enough dang picks!

that's just like your opinion man

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Uhh, got a response back from MFL. It's wrong, right?

mfl posted:

Titoons had Kuechly, Brown and Timmons in the same group. 
When Kuechly got awarded to another franchise earlier, that entry is eliminated and Brown and Timmons move. 
Then Brown is awarded and that moves up Timmons to #1. 
So now there’s a tie for Timmons between the two franchises. 
The tie-breaker is winning pct (and something else) but it’s all 0's so it remains tied so the winner is random, That’s how Titoons won it. 

Conditionals say nothing about 'moving up to #1'

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah the second example on the help page doesn't jive with that; and, that is also wrong about how we set a custom franchise order to be the tiebreaker.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So it's 'MFL conditionals' where the rules are made up and nothing matters.

I don't think it's worth responding to the email to tell Julie she is wrong...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, we'll have to decide how to deal with it again next year, unless we change our process before then.

I'm really glad it wound up not being a collision over an expensive, important player, though!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
And on that note I think we should turn off conditionals for the year.

I think it was better than an auction that would have seen every single vet taken, but I am not sure. I think the prices would have been much higher for below average players.

Edit: I say turn them off because I no longer know how to place bids. Do I lump them all in one since it clearly doesn't matter? If I do 2 groups with 2 each which one does it take to fill my roster and which one doesn't go?

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 2, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, I'm fine with turning off conditionals.

Although actually thinking about it, the way your help lady described it working is maybe better than the documented process. It means for example you don't lose to a lower bid just because your higher bid was set up behind a player or two that you preferred to own.

But gently caress using a process that is either broken, or wrongly documented, and MFL's own staff don't understand that.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
yo Titoons who you gonna draft first?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
David Johnson

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We are drafting in 19 minutes!

You should probably have league chat open in a window (http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/chat?L=79286&COUNT=40)
You should probably have the draft page open in a window or tab (http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=79286&O=17)
You should probably have some kind of scratchpad or calculator to track your cap space, if you have not a lot of cap space, in a separate tab or on paper or something

You should show up early.

I will have the league interface open as commissioner. If there is a problem, shout in chat and I can pause the draft. Teemu, Spermy, you should also both be ready to do this. It's done on this page: http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=79286&O=92 by changing Turn Draft Timer to Off and clicking Save Draft Timer Information at the bottom of the page. If there is any sort of problem, the first step is to pause the draft, and then we can hash out the solution.

The most likely problems are:
-Someone tried to draft a guy, but they get a different guy
-Someone loses connection or their screen freezes or some poo poo like that

In either case we can freeze and see if the dropout person reconnects; or freeze and revert a draft pick so someone can try again.

I have draft pick confirmations turned off, but if misclicks become a problem we can turn them on.

I am drafting using the main MFL web page interface. I have no idea how well the MFL mobile apps work; use one if you dare, but the MFL web site is the fallback.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Drafting drunk and at a bar on my phone so I can't chat but I will be there in spirit (and with terrible draft picks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I'm drinking day blazer from new belgium.. it's only rated like 3 stars but I seem to like it