Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It's like a sad bibimbap.

I can easily understand screwing up the ratios of ingredients, causing the dough to all spread out and form one supercookie. What I don't understand is how the chocolate chips apparently held their shape perfectly and didn't melt at all.

Possibly carob chips.

Edit: stupid page snipe, here's the pic again

Away all Goats posted:

Someone's attempt at chocolate chip cookies

Hispanic! At The Disco has a new favorite as of 04:32 on Sep 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

How do you have access to sushi, but not sashimi

Same way he looks at a Thai ad and says "loving Americans!!" I guess

It's like a sad bibimbap.

Which is impressive because actual bibimbap is already sad bibimbap.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Grand Fromage posted:

Which is impressive because actual bibimbap is already sad bibimbap.

Living in Korea doesn't entitle you to opinions this bad about bibimbap :colbert:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Living in Korea doesn't entitle you to opinions this bad about bibimbap :colbert:

Bibimbap is the least interesting Korean food. Overboiled vegetables on rice with a thwap of gochujang in the middle.

Dolsot bibimbap with fried eggs and meat and properly cooked vegetables can be good but you never actually get that anywhere.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Ultimate Mango posted:

What is this I need it in my life right now.

Parma, as I have been told, is breaded fried chicken with a white sauce, often with cheese, sometimes with ham or pepperoni or mushrooms.

It's popular greasy take-out with a ton of variations.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Grand Fromage posted:

Bibimbap is the least interesting Korean food. Overboiled vegetables on rice with a thwap of gochujang in the middle.

Dolsot bibimbap with fried eggs and meat and properly cooked vegetables can be good but you never actually get that anywhere.

So bad bibimbap is bad, while good bibimbap is good? Wow!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

So bad bibimbap is bad, while good bibimbap is good? Wow!

Fair but the bad bibimbap is what you get in 99% of situations in Korea. I should have said normal in my original post, not actual.

Dolsot bibimbap is also a different thing. Regular is always bad.

Grand Fromage has a new favorite as of 05:21 on Sep 1, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Arivia posted:

What about a cheese burger with no burger?

My parents had a vegetarian friend in the '70's who used to order this at McDonald's all the time.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Grand Fromage posted:

That's fair.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
The other problem with bibimbap is that "all foreigners love bibimbap" so sometimes well-meaning Korean people not only assume that you want bibimbap at every meal, but also it is too spicy for your weak foreign babby tongue.

The one time I attended a work party in Korea that lasted all day, they got wonderful-looking barbecue for themselves and gave me a stone-cold bowl of bibimbap for lunch AND dinner. Because the barbecue was "too spicy" for me.

I actually do love bibimbap, but not cold.

Grand Fromage posted:

yes.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Pickled mind flayer head, fukken yummo!!!

content:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I assume that's supposed to be a bone with no marrow at the top but to me it looks like a slice of whale trachea.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Chicken schadenfreude salad

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Prism posted:

Parma, as I have been told, is breaded fried chicken with a white sauce, often with cheese, sometimes with ham or pepperoni or mushrooms.

It's popular greasy take-out with a ton of variations.

Sounds like it was originally chicken Parmesan that got hooked up with fries/chips somehow.

Can't decide which I'd rather have, parmo or a halal snack pack. I can get poutine and nacho fries and gyro-topped fries here, but there's something about the "drat the gall bladder, full speed ahead" insouciance of parmos and halal snack packs that appeals.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

That last would certainly be a memorable summer meal.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
No way I'm putting my tongue in YOUR aspic, buddy

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I already have quite a collection of tongue in rear end pics, thank you

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Making your own frozen convenience food is legit but why put in all the effort to make it lovely.

Keeping my freezer perpetually stocked with homemade burritos has been an excellent life decision.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Sounds like it was originally chicken Parmesan that got hooked up with fries/chips somehow.

Can't decide which I'd rather have, parmo or a halal snack pack. I can get poutine and nacho fries and gyro-topped fries here, but there's something about the "drat the gall bladder, full speed ahead" insouciance of parmos and halal snack packs that appeals.

Parmas have a bit of variety here is Australia. Some places have their own section on menus where it's more like a pizza but with schnitzel instead of dough.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Grand Fromage posted:

Making your own frozen convenience food is legit but why put in all the effort to make it lovely.

Keeping my freezer perpetually stocked with homemade burritos has been an excellent life decision.
I posted that one mostly for the 'tip' to reuse trays from prepackaged frozen dinners.

Also most of the stuff is already frozen or instant so I'm not even sure why they're making it ahead to freeze it.

quote:

3- 3 1/2 pound beef pot roast
1 1/2 cups water
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 package (about 1 ounce) brown gravy mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Instant mashed potato puffs (enough for 8 servings)
1/2 cup milk
2 packages (9 or 10 ounces each) frozen vegetables
4 teaspoons butter or margarine

Trim excess fat from beef pot roast. Rub Dutch oven with fat cut from beef. Brown beef in Dutch oven. Add water, onion, gravy mix, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until beef is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Remove beef from gravy; cool beef and gravy quickly. Cut beef into serving pieces. For each dinner, place 3 ounces beef pieces in divided foil trays as pictured. Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup of gravy on each serving of beef.

Prepare instant mashed potato puffs as directed on package for 8 servings except – add milk. Divide among foil trays. Place 1/2 cup frozen vegetables topped with 1/2 teaspoon butter in each tray. Cover tightly with foil and label; freeze up to 3 weeks.

35 minutes before serving, heat oven to 450°. Heat frozen dinners 25 minutes. (When heating 2 or more dinners at the same time, allow 5 minutes longer.) Just before serving, remove foil and stir gravy. Spook gravy onto beef.

8 dinners.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

quote:

Spook gravy onto beef.

I think some of the poo poo in this thread could spook gravy.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I thought tongue-in-aspics were considered NSFW

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Never go aspic to mouth.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KakerMix posted:

This is the most amazing 'food' thing I've ever seen.
Look at it. Again.

I don't want to because it gave me flashbacks of that series of pics of the guy who sliced his dick up into four quarters and they looked a lot like that and now I'm gonna have a good cry

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
It just looks like jellied/cold stock to me. Is that not what it is?

E: legit asking, not being sassy

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

too spicy for your weak foreign babby tongue.

It's taken a few months to convince the factory I'm working with in China that I haven't encountered anything even close to as spicy as my wing place have home provides.

Literally eating hot sauce at hot pot kinda did it.

I blame the greatest generation for killing Nazis but also fearing anything spicier than mayonnaise.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

too spicy for your weak foreign babby tongue.
There's an indian place across the street from my apartment and when they ask for spice level I tell them "indian spicy". I get an "are you sure?" from the newer employees with that implied "but you're white!" tone but it's so, so good. :kimchi:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ultimate Mango posted:

What is this I need it in my life right now.

Take a chicken breast, hit it with a hammer until it is flat, cover it in breadcrumbs, deep fry it, slather it in bechamel sauce, put lots of cheddar cheese on it, put it in the oven until the cheese is grilled.

For maximum authenticity, the breadcrumbs should have gone mushy with the grease and the bechamel should have leaked out and merged with the grease from the cheese, the rapidly dissolving breadcrumbs, and excess frying oil to become a puddle of hot white sludge in which the chicken is now drowning. Serve in a foam punnet on a bed of chips so that the sludge also gets all over the chips.

I guess in theory it should involve parmesan cheese at some point but I'm not sure how you're supposed to tell. As it's generally done in a pizza oven at a pizza place you also get to add any pizza toppings you fancy, so throw some doner in there too for good measure.

And it is very definitely parmo not parma, It is disinct from chicken parmagiana, which I assume it is possible to prepare nicely. It also isn't the size of a pizza and doesn't use British cheese which emits vast quantities of grease when heated.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Sep 1, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yawgmoth posted:

There's an indian place across the street from my apartment and when they ask for spice level I tell them "indian spicy". I get an "are you sure?" from the newer employees with that implied "but you're white!" tone but it's so, so good. :kimchi:

My friend did this at a Thai place once and she could not handle it. I warned her that Thai hot was different than what she's used to, but she wouldn't listen.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Yawgmoth posted:

I used to live next to a great pakistani restaurant. Had to eat there 3 times before I convinced the owner that yes, I wanted spicy rather than spicy for whitey. When I finally got it it was goddamn amazing. My friend who I was there with tried one bite of my veggie vindaloo and promptly attempted to drown himself in raita.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My dad once tried the "indian spicy" thing at http://www.veeraswamy.com/ - it did not end well.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Picnic Princess posted:

My friend did this at a Thai place once and she could not handle it. I warned her that Thai hot was different than what she's used to, but she wouldn't listen.

I did that in Thailand this summer with Thai people and they were tapping out before I did. :kimchi: indeed.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Picnic Princess posted:

Bird's Eye chillies do not gently caress around.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I have no frame of reference for this thai spicy or indian spicy thing, but if I occasionally eat hot wings with naga jolokia sauce that burns if you get it on your skin, I assume it would be fine?

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

the true food horror is 13 minute long abstract instrumental pieces

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

quote:

Bacon-Wrapped Franks

For each serving, fry 1 slice bacon 2 minutes on each side. Split 1 frankfurter lengthwise, not cutting completely through. Place one of the fillings below in the cut.

Apple-Cheese: 2 slices unpared apple and 1 strip process American Cheese
Peanut Butter: Crunchy peanut butter or peanut butter and salted peanuts
Orange: 3 mandarin orange segments
Melon: 3 canteloupe or honeydew balls or 1 melon wedge
Onion: 1 green onion or a dill pickle slice
Savory Stuffing: Mix 1/3 cup chopped sweet pickle, 1 slice bacon, crisply fried and crumbed, and 2 cups dry herbed stuffing mix prepared as directed on package. Enough for 8 frankfurters.

Wrap each frankfurter with bacon; secure with wooden picks. Place on grill 4 inches from medium coals. Cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning frequently.

:zombie:

And one from the 'probably would' file:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

gently caress I'd destroy that cauliflower meatloaf

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ironically, I work with a Latina girl who can't handle even the slightest bit of heat and eats pretty much nothing but burgers and pizza (and slathers ketchup on everything).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Gonna make peanut butter bacon hot dogs now, thanks.