Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
"I don't think he's hit rock bottom because people reach out for help when they hit bottom" - his agent from the loving article.

Yeah, OR they keep digging deeper even going around or through "rock bottom" because the only real rock bottom is loving death. Sometimes people you love can bring your "bottom" to you but even then if he doesn't want to quit, he isn't going to quit. Sorry...that's a thing with me apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Flyinglemur posted:

"I don't think he's hit rock bottom because people reach out for help when they hit bottom" - his agent from the loving article.

Yeah, OR they keep digging deeper even going around or through "rock bottom" because the only real rock bottom is loving death. Sometimes people you love can bring your "bottom" to you but even then if he doesn't want to quit, he isn't going to quit. Sorry...that's a thing with me apparently.

Yeah, I thought that too. Like, "Yeah, or he could be dead".

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/903732152151494656

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Good deadline trade bait.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Are they gonna play Vanek with the Sedins or can he create his own offense?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

So long as we move him for a pick at the deadline I'm happy.

Please sign Horvat now.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i feel like the canucks have 3 ok middle six lines

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I like that management officially threw in the towel on Eriksson 14 months into a 6 year $36m contract.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

By signing Vanek to a one year deal?

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

ThinkTank posted:

So long as we move him for a pick at the deadline I'm happy.

Please sign Horvat now.

This. It is a cheap low risk signing, not a bad move/Eriksson being lovely insurance (for this season at least.. gently caress that Eriksson deal is bad).

But yeah, please sign Bo ASAP, Benning.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

By signing Vanek to a one year deal?

More along the lines of Vancouver signing Eriksson to that absurd deal on the pretense that they still thought they were competitors, and now a year later they're basically burning the whole thing down and rebuilding.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/903726925763497984

Is it just me or is that a really reasonable deal?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

I've been going back and forth on it in my head since I heard about it. Wennberg definitely looks the part, but he scored a career-high 13 goals this season with a career-high shooting percentage of... 12%. I really don't know what he is. It's reasonable but not great if he's a 10 goal/40-50 point guy, and it's drat good if he stays a 10-20 goal/50-60 point guy. That said, considering he could've pointed to Dubinsky and held out until he got a bigger payday, I think it's not the sort of contract that'll cripple a team even if he doesn't repeat last year's season.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wennberg's upside during that stretch is probably closer to 70 than 50. It's probably a real good deal.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Wennberg is a really good passer on the power play, a good amount of his production comes from there.

That's a good deal, though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Hey do we wanna revive the fantasy thread for next season? If it hasn't happened already

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Hey do we wanna revive the fantasy thread for next season? If it hasn't happened already

Yes

Kale
May 14, 2010

Can't wait for the season to start. I'd been posting in the Trump thread on D&D recently but it's gotten so militantly hostile towards like....everything really....that I kind of just want to come back here and hang out and talk about a topic with a little more levity too it where posters treat each other with some level of respect. Yellowcar can probably share some stories. It's kind of been my first time outside of SAS to be honest. Can anyone else possibly give a hint as to what other forums aren't insanely loving hostile towards other posters at the drop of a hat and which ones to avoid?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's good but it's also only 2 UFA years, which is probably why it was so cheap

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Kale posted:

Can't wait for the season to start. I'd been posting in the Trump thread on D&D recently but it's gotten so militantly hostile towards like....everything really....that I kind of just want to come back here and hang out and talk about a topic with a little more levity too it where posters treat each other with some level of respect. Yellowcar can probably share some stories. It's kind of been my first time outside of SAS to be honest. Can anyone else possibly give a hint as to what other forums aren't insanely loving hostile towards other posters at the drop of a hat and which ones to avoid?

Join us in CSPAM comrade. D&D is really really bad.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
nah it's pretty good, also gently caress the rags

Kale
May 14, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

I think my avatar and Canadianism pissed them off somehow and stirred up a hornets nest. D&D has been a ride lately for sure. I also want you to know that as a Habs fan I'm obligated to hate you, but that I do not feel it in my heart.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Kale posted:

I made a bunch of horrible posts and then got mad when people called me horrible :qqsay:

hockey news is slow so if anyone is looking for entertainment go read Kale's meltdown in the Trump thread, it's loving hilarious

A Typical Goon fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Sep 2, 2017

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Don't bring drama from other forums in here wtf

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
RE: Adidas apparel chat

Invoices have a ship date of 9/1 so you should see new gear in stores shortly.

Adidas produced many more items than Reebok had been in the past... So maybe Adidas isn't quite as bad as the Reebok division.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

guh

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

JawKnee posted:

nah it's pretty good, also gently caress the rags

That's aggressive.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
I just wanna say that The Athletic is awesome and they are slowly going to consume the hockey world.

Okay thanks.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I didn't know Gollum had kids and plays for the Flames.

Matt Zerella posted:

this

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Krime posted:

RE: Adidas apparel chat

Invoices have a ship date of 9/1 so you should see new gear in stores shortly.

Adidas produced many more items than Reebok had been in the past... So maybe Adidas isn't quite as bad as the Reebok division.

I know the Avs are selling there beginning September 15th.

Yes, I will be throwing money at them, how did you know?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

What I want to know is how'd you managed to move that literal mountain of jerseys when you moved. You moved already right?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Lobsterboy posted:

I just wanna say that The Athletic is awesome and they are slowly going to consume the hockey world.

Okay thanks.

It's going to be like Twitter where I initially resist thinking it's a stupid, unnecessary alternative to what we already have only to break down and eventually drop $60 or whatever it is for a subscription even though I could theoretically glean what's going on based on reading Porty's Tweets.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/904062683766448129

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

technically true

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

LumpyGumby posted:

I know the Avs are selling there beginning September 15th.

Yes, I will be throwing money at them, how did you know?

Honest... how much you throwing at them?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

yellowcar posted:

technically true

Well, I have as many wins as him with the Golden Knights.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Gallant is also the most losingest coach of the Knights.

Fire Gallant.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

yellowcar posted:

What I want to know is how'd you managed to move that literal mountain of jerseys when you moved. You moved already right?

Stopped by Ikea and grabbed some of those heavy duty bags for a buck each. I think we used 22 bags. It was easier, if only a bit.

Krime posted:

Honest... how much you throwing at them?

At least a home and away, each letter, so what, 500 at the moment?

I'll probably replace them with game used ones later on, because I am a whore.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Drunk Canuck posted:

Gallant is also the most losingest coach of the Knights.

Fire Gallant.

Can we replace him with Goofus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

xzzy posted:

Can we replace him with Goofus?

Carlyle is still on contract with the Ducks.

• Locked thread