Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/903767111138410496

Sounds like Trump and Kelly are getting along great!
I just hope they can pull themselves together before regionals

They need to remember what brought them together as a team in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kale posted:

So after pissing a way a page and a half attacking me how do people feel now? Better? Are all of their problems solved now and it's all out of their systems?

Apologies.

Definitely donating $10 here. It's in funny Canadian monopoly money but I can't just sit through this whole event without trying to do something.

oh man you're canadian that explains a lot. this is just kinda how it is in the states.

lefty firing squads are more prevalent because of the whole gun thing.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

covok is a right proper lad and I am so proud of him.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I would really love to see or hear one of Trump's rage-filled blowouts. God it'd be amazing

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

So, is this whole martyr derail thing performance art subtly sending up both Trump and the wider right-wing martyr complex, or are y'all serious?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

farraday posted:

https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/903768595095805953

Russia burning things to keep warm during brutal winter in DC.

I expected something a little more official than a fire pit.

I mean it'll do the job just as well, but...

Anyway, people shouldn't read too much into burning poo poo. It is standard procedure I'm sure. Yeah, it is a consulate. It has poo poo they don't want the host country to see.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Koalas March posted:

step one: make a reddit account

http://i.imgur.com/W3R8P9Q.gifv

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ammanas posted:

I would really love to see or hear one of Trump's rage-filled blowouts. God it'd be amazing

Watch a rally

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Bel Shazar posted:

So, is this whole martyr derail thing performance art subtly sending up both Trump and the wider right-wing martyr complex, or are y'all serious?

Kale is 100% serious

remember: he has been hanging out in this thread and D&D for a long time, yet claimed he didn't know what dogwhistling was until today

even tho i am almost positive I tried to explain it to him before

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

AlternateNu posted:

As a note, being arrest doesn't not (at least on the federal level, some state constitutions are different) immediately evoke Miranda. It only applies once they start questioning the person. In fact, it is standard procedure for most federal agencies to not advise you of Miranda until they sit you down to start asking questions. They don't Miranda-ize you on scene of the arrest (despite what you might see in the movies or by local guys) or ask you anything in the event you start blabbing during transport.

People who are formally arrested must be mirandized immediately and if they aren't anything they say can be suppressed. The trick is that federal agents are great at getting people to talk "voluntarily" at a time where they are in contact with agents but aren't formally under arrest.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

If all of us pariah posters joined hands, we would be unstoppable.

First I'm still waiting on that explanation on why I'm even supposed to be a pariah poster because all I've tried to do is act in good faith and talk about the issues and I guess because I said one thing like a month back about not wanting to sit here and talk in circles about identity politics unless something productive and resolute is guaranteed to come from it I'm some sort of monster to a handful of users who have taken it as their mission to attack and belittle others in this thread and feel proud or something about it. To quote Obama what does this sort of divisive rhetoric and attack attack attack while not listening to reason accomplish?

Bel Shazar posted:

Again I'm not interested in being a martyr nor seeking attention. I'm not the one calling out other posters by name and saying poo poo like "See you should watch this video *specific username here*" or trying to make memes about other users masturbating like it's 4chan. Some of the stupidest poo poo in this thread has come in the last 3 pages and I'm still waiting on an explanation. Why are people being attacked and implied to be racist for quoting and agreeing with one of the lynchpin lines of MLK's I Have A Dream Speech? Rational explanation right around the corner I'm sure.

Koalas March posted:

Kale is 100% serious

remember: he has been hanging out in this thread and D&D for a long time, yet claimed he didn't know what dogwhistling was until today

Yes I am in this case. Why is that a problem? Also why are we back to the whole dog whistling thing.? Like really is this your exhibit A on why I'm a bad terrible poster? Are we really just standing pat on that one content in it's strength as an argument on why my posting in this thread is just the worst?

Mr Hootington posted:

Watch a rally

This honestly if you can stomach it. They tend to be prolonged.

\/\/\/

Like I keep saying I'm going to stand up for myself when I think I'm being attacked unfairly and misrepresented. Your free to interpret as whining, but I'm not just going to roll over and take it unless I get a really good argument as to why I'm having it implied that I'm a racist or something. I'd expect any person I know family or friend to stand up for themselves in that sort of scenario.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 2, 2017

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the content of your character is currently a guy whining very hard about the fact he got dunked on.

this angle does not pan out for you it turns out

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Kale is 100% serious

welp since it's become a thing itt I'll help

kale - dog whistling is when you say a seemingly harmless thing in place of really racist rhetoric, that only racists or those victimized by racism, would really comprehend. it's typically used to signal to supporters of a group or ideology that you got their back without outright saying it. like how dog whistles work.

if/when trump says 'we must secure a future for our children' he is alluding to a very white-supremacist phrase. that kinda thing.

i love you all. we need to be on the same team. if you ask what sea lioning is ill rip your loving throat out.

skylined! fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 2, 2017

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Help help officer, I'm being attacked! Someone disagreed with me in a tone I didn't enjoy! I've been online long enough to know this is serious business and my feelings on the matter need to be taken seriously because I am a serious poster.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
It's far out, but if you use the bar to the lower right of the map to wind time forward, New York City gets a direct hit by Irma on the 10th, and the pressure indicates a storng cat 3 or boderline cat 4.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gfs&region=us&pkg=mslp_pcpn_frzn&runtime=2017090118&fh=120&xpos=0&ypos=759

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Kale posted:

Like really is this your exhibit A on why I'm a bad terrible poster?

you really wanna do this

you really want me to helldump you, with your posts interspersed with Annalise Keating gifs and a lawyer theme because I have the gifs ready :getin:

take the L

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Xae posted:

Anyway, people shouldn't read too much into burning poo poo. It is standard procedure I'm sure. Yeah, it is a consulate. It has poo poo they don't want the host country to see.

Also just like, not even sensitive government information, they are in a weird situation where they are gonna just lock the door and leave maybe never to return, or not return for months. What do you do with just the regular office stuff? Like some health insurance forms jill at the front desk had to turn in to HR or whatever. I feel like even just a normal office would need to do some burning or shredding or something if they were suddenly told "hey, this place is closing and maybe won't be back for months or years"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Koalas March posted:

I am pretty sure I have tried to explain this poo poo to Kale in the past. He is either a dense motherfucker or disingenuous as gently caress

I had him on ignore after his recent "oh here we go again, IDENTITY POLITICS" and I decided to take him off ignore because hey, I said a dumb thing yesterday and I should just give him another shot.

What a fool I was.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Play dead kale, or you may not survive this encounter. Live to fight another day

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Kale posted:

Again I'm not interested in being a martyr nor seeking attention. I'm not the one calling out other posters by name and saying poo poo like "See you should watch this video *specific usame here*" or trying to make memes about other users masturbating like it's 4chan. Some of the stupidest poo poo in this thread has come in the last 3 pages and I'm still waiting on an explanation. Why are people being attacked and implied to be racist for quoting and agreeing with one of the lynchpin lines of MLK's I Have A Dream Speech? Rational explanation right around the corner I'm sure.

That's too bad. I was really hoping for performance art. Getting spun up because a username said something mean about a username is weird. I mean, even if you are 100% correct, why go "Stupid things are happening... the obvious choice is to join in"? Anyhow, just curious, thanks for confirming.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Koalas March posted:

you really wanna do this

you really want me to helldump you, with your posts interspersed with Annalise Keating gifs and a lawyer theme because I have the gifs ready :getin:

take the L

So it's come to threatening other users with hell dump now. What the actual honest to god gently caress thread in all honesty now? I think I'm probably out of this poo poo straight up. I don't need this to descend to that level of personal beef thank you very much. If you have you to straight up threaten other users like that then fine I'll "take the L" and be done with it because it's not worth that much to me in the long run to me if people want to escalate it to that level. Just remember I'm not the one that threatened other users with helldump to try to score a win DJT style.

Calibanibal posted:

Play dead kale, or you may not survive this encounter. Live to fight another day

If we're gonna be playing that card now absolutely gently caress it. I'm not into Trump style escalation of beefs, all I asked for is for people to clarify them.

Kale fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 2, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kale posted:

Like I don't know what else to say to :siren:YOU PEOPLE:siren:

whoa there, motherfucker

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
Nobody is leaving this loving Applebee's until everybody is god drat clear about where I stand on race war.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Koalas March posted:

you really wanna do this

take the L

you better come with the goods or this is gonna seem real petty and lovely

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Nah this is bullshit

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Kale posted:

So it's come to threatening other users with hell dump now. What the actual honest to god gently caress thread in all honesty now? I think I'm probably out of this poo poo straight up. I don't need this to descend to that level of personal beef thank you very much. If you have you to straight up threaten other users like that then fine I'll "take the L" and be done with it because it's not worth that much to me in the long run to me if people want to escalate it to that level. Just remember I'm not the one that threatened other users with helldump to try to score a win DJT style.

lmao

Kale, you're a white male, right? But you sure feel like you have Important Things to say about racism. Maybe just suppress that urge next time.

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Kale posted:

"Hello, FBI? Someone just threatened to republish things I said publicly and add in... *lowers voice* Annalise Keating gifs. I don't even know what that means!"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kale posted:

If we're gonna be playing that card now absolutely gently caress it. I'm not into Trump style escalation of beefs, all I asked for is for people to clarify them.

This is the most annoying troll in the universe.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

No I will NOT pull up to the first window until I get an explanation of just what the hell is going on here!?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Are we dogpiling? Because this is gonna end poorly for SOMEBODY

Kale
May 14, 2010

skylined! posted:

you better come with the goods or this is gonna seem real petty and lovely

Too late

VanSandman posted:

Are we dogpiling? Because I wanna laugh,

You decide.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Also just like, not even sensitive government information, they are in a weird situation where they are gonna just lock the door and leave maybe never to return, or not return for months. What do you do with just the regular office stuff? Like some health insurance forms jill at the front desk had to turn in to HR or whatever. I feel like even just a normal office would need to do some burning or shredding or something if they were suddenly told "hey, this place is closing and maybe won't be back for months or years"

iron mountain but for diplos

Calibanibal posted:

No I will NOT pull up to the first window until I get an explanation of just what the hell is going on here!?

lol kinda meta

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

"WHATS WONG WITH MY POSTING"

"I will show you w/gifs"

"STOP THREATENING ME" *completes meltdown*

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

VanSandman posted:

Are we dogpiling? Because this is gonna end poorly for SOMEBODY

i just need to be shown who the lefty alpha is so I can choose the right harem to become apart of

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Do be fair, forcing one of those people to read their own shitposts back one after another counts as cruelty.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Koalas March posted:

"WHATS WONG WITH MY POSTING"

"I will show you w/gifs"

"STOP THREATENING ME" *completes meltdown*

but see you keep going which really just continues to tell me your here for a fight and little else. Also please explain to me where I told you to stop threatening me so much as to point out the obvious that that is precisely what your doing and show me exactly where I did the same?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Bel Shazar posted:

They're serious.

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

Kale posted:

but see you keep going which really just continues to tell me your here for a fight and little else. Also please explain to me where I told you to stop threatening me so much as to point out the obvious that that is precisely what your doing and show me exactly where I did the same?

Have you considered that rooting out bad posting is the highest of forums virtues?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
This is a full blown sealion rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

William Contraalto posted:

Have you considered that rooting out bad posting is the highest of forums virtues?

if there were true someone would have mega dumped on me into oblivion by now

• Locked thread