Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

King Baby Zapdos! But we'll probably never get Foot Ball Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Hey man, did you play Sonic Mania, yet?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
That's the only good Sonic game, yeah

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

SnowblindFatal posted:

Another trap sprung!

excuse me please don't belittle the very vibrant backstory of TgT when you clearly haven't read any of the EU material *adjusts giant nerd glasses*

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Pewdiepie has been streaming Playerunknown's Battlegrounds lately and just uses random pics as thumbnails for the videos. TGT panels make for good reaction images so people post them on 4chan, which I bet is where he got that from.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So of course jdownloader is having issues with deviantart right now, right when I want to grab the new pages to update the CBRs.

But it worked just fine on the hentai site. So I guess for now use this, I'll try and get ones made with the original filenames when I can. I guess there's only been two chapters since I did this last, so the first 20 chapters worth are the same files, 21, 22, and bonus materials are new. I've tagged 22 as unfinished since it seems like lazerbot is intending to continue it beyond 22 pages. The bonus material includes some random TGT artwork, Tails Gets Gay pages, and Underbite Troll "filler" pages.

https://mega.nz/#F!xVlnjayJ!HjclBEgUvuhsY3wnRAu7xg

let me know if anyone has any issues with these, I didn't check them super hard.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
I miss when he would always draw the trollface instead of just copy and pasting it.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
From what I checked, the files work, but the chapter/page numbers don't have leading zeroes so they load out of order in the cbr reader I'm using, at least in the chapter 1-19 one.

Regardless, thank you for tracking these down and compiling them.

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
Two new things have come to light.

First here's the Tails Gets Trolled Polished Chapter 1 cover, along with some information

lazerbot posted:

Tails Gets Trolled Polished is a re-imagined version of Tails Gets Trolled. Most of the original drawings will be kept , with some modifications. Here are some of the changes you should expect to see in this version of TGT:
New Backgrounds.
Dialogue Touch Ups.
Photoshop Touch Ups.
New Panels.
New Panel Frames.
New Pages.
New Page Graphics.
Longer Pages.
New Chapters.
Longer Chapters.
New Characters.
Increased Comedy.
Decreased Fight Scenes/Modifications & Chops Made To Fight Scenes.
Modifications Made To The Storyline.

Also, since regular TGT will not be continued, lazerbot posted the conclusion of the Coyote vs Demaro fight in written form which was originally posted on their website as the $20 Patreon reward, though it looks like the written version has undergone many changes
https://iiupsidedownii.deviantart.com/journal/Coyote-vs-Demaro-The-Conclusion-701358285

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Puke Fukem posted:

Two new things have come to light.

First here's the Tails Gets Trolled Polished Chapter 1 cover, along with some information

Also, since regular TGT will not be continued, lazerbot posted the conclusion of the Coyote vs Demaro fight in written form which was originally posted on their website as the $20 Patreon reward, though it looks like the written version has undergone many changes
https://iiupsidedownii.deviantart.com/journal/Coyote-vs-Demaro-The-Conclusion-701358285

Welp. I don't know what I expected, but that was... something.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Lazerbot had completely misunderstood how quotation marks work and uses it in the exact wrong place.

So my understanding of the conclusion of the battle:
  • Inside Demaro’s third eye is a special realm, and a special creature called Miladox lives inside it
  • Miladox is made of souls. Its claws can easily cut Coyote’s strings and it’ll eat the souls of creatures it kills
  • If you attack Miladox successfully, it lets out some souls
  • Using this, Coyote gets the soul of "Garry", one of the trolls killed by Demaro
  • Coyote had Garry’s corpse inside his book
  • Turns out Garry had a superpowered form called Magma Garry
  • Since Garry’s body was a corpse and had no soul in it, Coyote uses Magma Garry to fight Miladox
  • Miladox defeats Magma Garry
  • By the time it takes Miladox to defeat Magma Garry, Coyote had prepared his special move
  • The special move is called “Spirit Chains” and it’s just his yellow strings but more
  • The Spirit Chains completely bind Miladox
  • Turns out Miladox is a "Guardian", a form of "divine magic" that aren't actually alive, so it can't be killed
  • Turns out to get out of the “Third Eye Realm” Coyote just need to find ‘the gate’ and walk past it, as long as it’s not sealed it should just let him through
  • so he does, just like that
  • Back in the real world, Demaro was surprised to see Coyote back, summons two demons
  • Coyote just absorbs those two demons, and Demaro with it, into his book
  • He then rides away on Road Runner
  • FIGHT ENDS
  • WHAT

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 30, 2017

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!
This

Puke Fukem posted:

actually owns pretty drat hard. But it would have been 10000x better in comic format. Maybe Lazerbot will make that happen by 2050.

Puke Fukem posted:

lazerbot posted:

Tails Gets Trolled Polished is a re-imagined version of Tails Gets Trolled. Most of the original drawings will be kept , with some modifications. Here are some of the changes you should expect to see in this version of TGT:
New Backgrounds.
Dialogue Touch Ups.
Photoshop Touch Ups.
New Panels.
New Panel Frames.
New Pages.
New Page Graphics.
Longer Pages.
New Chapters.
Longer Chapters.
New Characters.
Increased Comedy.
Decreased Fight Scenes/Modifications & Chops Made To Fight Scenes.
Modifications Made To The Storyline.
I'm gonna call this more bad news than good news, but Lazerbot has come through time and again, so I dunno...

RobobTheGreat fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 30, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

toanoradian posted:

Lazerbot had completely misunderstood how quotation marks work and uses it in the exact wrong place.

• Inside Demaro’s third eye is a special realm, and a special creature called Miladox lives inside it
  • Miladox is made of souls. Its claws can easily cut Coyote’s strings and it’ll eat the souls of creatures it kills
  • If you attack Miladox successfully, it lets out some souls
  • Using this, Coyote gets the soul of "Garry", one of the trolls killed by Demaro
  • Coyote had Garry’s corpse inside his book
  • Since Garry’s body was a corpse and had no soul in it, Coyote uses Magma Garry to fight Miladox
  • Miladox defeats Magma Garry
  • By the time it takes Miladox to defeat Magma Garry, Coyote had prepared his special move
  • The special move is called “Spirit Chains” and it’s just his yellow strings but more
  • The Spirit Chains completely bind Miladox
  • Turns out Miladox is a "Guardian", a form of "divine magic" that aren't actually alive, so it can't be killed
  • Turns out to get out of the “Third Eye Realm” Coyote just need to find ‘the gate’ and walk past it, as long as it’s not sealed it should just let him through
  • so he does, just like that
  • Back in the real world, Demaro was surprised to see Coyote back, summons two demons
  • Coyote just absorbs those two demons, and Demaro with it, into his book
  • He then rides away on Road Runner
  • FIGHT ENDS
  • WHAT

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

RobobTheGreat posted:

This

actually owns pretty drat hard. But it would have been 10000x better in comic format. Maybe Lazerbot will make that happen

It does, but can you imagine how many more loving pages that would have taken to draw out?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

I've enjoyed the ride, but panels like this just remind me how loving good the early days were.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

toanoradian posted:

lol if you don't remember "Magmalord Garry" from when this comic had actual plot movement

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I'm sorry, I can barely remember if Coyote had ever summoned Poppy Bros Jr. before or if Goomba had been a character in this comic, I can't remember anything specific about a troll other than "underbite troll has his own arc".

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I remember two Goombas from the beginning of the comic, ch01pg22 (Luigi's first appearance, "your one fat looking fat guy") and ch02pg05 (one page before Bowser's first appearance, "i dont like jokes and i dont like assholes"). Both were being trolled by generic trolls and very upset and sad about it.

Can't remember any Poppy Bros Jr.'s

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

Puke Fukem posted:

So is this like that Half-Life writer who went and posted the conclusion of the story when he realized there would be no more Half-Life?

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
Here we go.

Also a poll
https://iiupsidedownii.deviantart.com/journal/poll/6887926/

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Please Support our Patreon!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

More Darkner concepts, please.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
I actually don't mind this so far. Plus I like at the second and third comics they incorporated some ideas about troll society that only came up much later in the original comics. It's not nearly as much of a trainwreck so far and it's lost "that" kind of magic, but there's a marked improvement, and I almost want to say they're getting better at this comic stuff.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
The loving speech bubble numbers, holy poo poo

Has he actually read a professionally-made comic or has someone just tried to explain the concept to him?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hot take:

it sucks.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The too-busy backgrounds lose a lot of the magic by stealing focus away from classic panels like Tails's trolled face.

Lazy B's talent for facial expressions remains though.

Keep the Mushroom Kingdom beautiful

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

david_a posted:

The loving speech bubble numbers, holy poo poo

Has he actually read a professionally-made comic or has someone just tried to explain the concept to him?
If you ask me, it looks like they're trying to copy the old comic while ignoring the fact that it was all laid out improperly for speech bubble order to begin with. A bandaid for the larger issue of "everything is all over the place" that just makes it look worse.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

I love how the attempt to add shading just makes everyone look like they're in need of a good bath.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Pug Rodeo posted:

I love how the attempt to add shading just makes everyone look like they're in need of a good bath.
I love the little lines between panels to guide you in case you've never read anything before

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JazzFlight posted:

Hot take:

it sucks.

Agreed. The tiny panels make the art look like poo poo, the massive solid coloured backgrounds are comically bad (and loving lol at the helpful guidelines from one panel to the next, as well as the numbering on the speech bubbles, jesus christ), the new additions ruin whatever flow the story had previously and the "shading" is comically bad.

What the hell happened here?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Der Shovel posted:

Agreed. The tiny panels make the art look like poo poo, the massive solid coloured backgrounds are comically bad (and loving lol at the helpful guidelines from one panel to the next, as well as the numbering on the speech bubbles, jesus christ), the new additions ruin whatever flow the story had previously and the "shading" is comically bad.

What the hell happened here?

It sucks as a replacement for the original comic, but I think its actually interesting for the reasons you describe. Like you can see what they thought as flaws, but instead of the more reasonable approaches they attempt to reinvent the comic format and scribble over every character.

It feels like the complaints of specialized editions and remasters actually given body and character. Like its just so overtly there and then it screams as you "SUPPORT OUR PATREON"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
I don't know what you people are talking about. This is magnificent and returning to the first pages after half a decade of seeing them last time is really working for me. Also note that I just vaped 30 minutes ago and I've some good music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y2RHMGqbWk) going on the background, so I might be a bit biased, but I'm loving this. All the meta levels with the colouring, speech bubble numbers, crowdfunding and the fact that this remake is happening in the first place are solidifying the Lazerbot saga in my opinion. The day he finishes TGT is the day he can say he's done it all. And won.

And it touches the classic philosophical subject of whether some people are too broken to ever be able to love others which is always relevant. And THEN he makes it seem like there might have been some hope for the trolls after all. Round 1 he used an axe; now he's got a chisel.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

JazzFlight posted:

Hot take:

it sucks.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I regret losing the immortal line "they're calling tails gay and poo poo." I figured we'd lose "no villains" due to better editing, but that one also stings.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

The Bee posted:

I regret losing the immortal line "they're calling tails gay and poo poo." I figured we'd lose "no villains" due to better editing, but that one also stings.

He even corrected "whats thats noise?". Pure garbage.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Changing "dumb rear end will learn?" You will regret this.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Modern Lazerbot is really bad and does not understand why people liked him in the first place.

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
New TGTP page, looks like there's gonna be a new one every other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

RevolverDivider posted:

Modern Lazerbot is really bad and does not understand why people liked him in the first place.

You're talking about a guy who's reaction to the words "magnum opus" was telling the commenter to gently caress off.