Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Addamere posted:

That is exactly what I used it to do! Twitch started Relic Shield into Targon which quickly gave him a personal shield, and I got Censer faster than usual on Janna so he became pretty hilariously unkillable in fights. :)

i just played a game as zilean supp with a twitch adc that went relic. We won lane but lost a bunch of kills we could have easily gotten if he just went doran's blade. It's not like I was even gonna be able to rush ardent for him so I sorta internally questioned the decision but w/e it was nice to get free gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I played my first renekton game in like 2 years to counter talon mid. Was very easy, would do again.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

ArbitraryC posted:

i just played a game as zilean supp with a twitch adc that went relic. We won lane but lost a bunch of kills we could have easily gotten if he just went doran's blade. It's not like I was even gonna be able to rush ardent for him so I sorta internally questioned the decision but w/e it was nice to get free gold.

In theory you can use ardent on anything that has CC thanks to the stoneborn pact keystone.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I feel like lolalytics has the best stats but jesus christ these ads with the volume turned up to 11 are not cool, especialyl when they play 30 seconds after you open it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

iSurrender posted:

In theory you can use ardent on anything that has CC thanks to the stoneborn pact keystone.

that is not a good keystone on zilean

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I feel like lolalytics has the best stats but jesus christ these ads with the volume turned up to 11 are not cool, especialyl when they play 30 seconds after you open it.

People complain about this but I have chrome and Adblock lite and I never have them

rabidsquid posted:

that is not a good keystone on zilean

It is if you're just rushing ardent censer to buff your ADC

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Teikanmi posted:

It is if you're just rushing ardent censer to buff your ADC

Nah he'd give up too much of his primary advantage in lane by not running tlords. Plus even though his stuns/slows could proc it, typically you're using your e to boost people's speed rather than slow enemies (unless they sorta just got caught with their pants down) because the range on it is p short.

I guess bombs are p easy to land in teamfights but I still don't really think it'd be worth it. If I wanna play an ardent support I'll just play nami (or janna).

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If you're picking a primarily offensive support like Zilean or Brand do not take Ardent Censer. Bond of stone is not worth giving up early laning pressure on these champions that need to win early.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Well, poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2i6RDmbNc

• Removing the level 30 cap, everyone will start leveling again
  • Removing IP and converting it into Blue Essence
  • The amount of Blue Essence gotten from disenchanting champion shards will go way down
  • Champions will still cost the same amount of Blue Essence as they did when they were IP
  • Essence will be scaled per level, so players at lower levels will get more and you'll slowly get less as you level up
  • Your Blue Essence will be rounded multiplied by 6.5 in pre-season so it matches IP prices.
  • You no longer get IP/Essence after every game. Instead you get "Rewards" ie: A capsule containing champion shards & Blue Essence.
  • Reaching certain milestones (IE: 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, etc) will give you special rewards like Emotes or gemstones

• Any runes you bought before Season 7 started will give you 100 Essence and each Quint 300 Essence (lmao)
  • Any Runes/Quints bought during Season 7 will get a full refund
  • As of today all Runes are 10 IP each and will be given full refunds
  • For any Rune Page bought with IP, you get 1500 Blue Essence
  • For every 4 Rune Pages bought with RP, you get one Epic level skin for a champion you currently own (Rounding up)
  • At the start of Pre-Season you'll be able purchase Chroma Skins, Ward Skins, Icons, and Emotes with Blue Essence in order to let people who have a ton of essence/IP currently to sink their money
  • The shop will also include super high priced items like the Urfwick skin

• The new pre-season will have so many changes "It will feel like Season 1 again" and features more changes than any other pre-season patch

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 1, 2017

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Sick I love Overwatch.

also I think he says runes bought today on won't be refunded.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

When is the new pre season start?

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
November usually?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Brand, no, but Zilean can take BOS/AC. He has a clickslow to consistently apply the mark, a healing ult with large bases, and utility enough to not need to snowball the lane to win. Crushing with 1.8AP double bomb combos is just an option, a potential path to victory that isn't out of reach if you go don't take a damage keystone. Rezzing and area denial and clicking a bunch of actives is strong and consistent too.

Brand lacks that fallback and shouldn't take AC/BOS. All you have is "get fed and carry," and way too much "pray the enemy adc doesn't start Dshield."

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

RealFoxy posted:

[*]Any runes you bought before Season 7 started will give you 100 Essence and each Quint 300 Essence (lmao)

I did the math, and my ~250 seals/glyphs/marks, 48 quints, and 4 IP rune pages come out to ~45k Blue essence.

If they just refunded the full price of only the hybrid pen runes I got (for example), I'd get ~13.5k BE for that alone.

I get why they're doing it this way, but it feels kinda lovely to not have enough IP for the rewards that are things I actually don't have (i.e. Urfwick) because I engaged with the silly rune system and tried weird poo poo, if only for a few games, instead of just sitting on my IP (also mad that I spent my ~100k stockpile S6 on weird runes).

I know it's dumb, because like, jeez, what do I care if I don't have some cosmetic stuff, and I'm definitely down for a new system, but wow it's weird how that still feels kinda lovely.

I am the dumb nerd...

edit: mixed up IP and BE

foutre fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 1, 2017

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo that refund is loving pathetic. suck my nuts, riot

e; :laffo:

quote:

Also, with so many more champ shards in the system, we need to remove the ability to reroll them into permanent champs—but we’ll occasionally sell mystery champions for blue essence.
riot are you fuckin joking me right now

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 1, 2017

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

What a crazy preseason this is gonna be. Really looking forwards to seeing the PBE later on this month.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
At first I parsed that as them somehow getting rid of unlocking champions from shards entirely and thought they were out of their goddamn minds. But as it stands that actually seems reasonable enough? I'm guessing the alternative would be to allow you to cash in some silly number of shards for a random free champion, and that would ultimately just distract from the system they're trying to build and be largely redundant.

foutre posted:

I get why they're doing it this way, but it feels kinda lovely to not have enough IP for the rewards that are things I actually don't have (i.e. Urfwick)

Yeah it really feels like if you're not one of the crazies who have an ooooooooold account and are already sitting on a massive bank of IP from playing a bunch of games every single day you're basically left in the dust on this.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hey guys here's what's going to happen: riot isn't going to take away your champions and leave you unable to play the characters you purchased. Runes are becoming free so you use them also.

What the gently caress are you whining about? 'left in the dust' on what exactly

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I paid 2100 RP for rune pages and in return for them removing the rune pages I get probably 2 lovely 1350 RP skins (because apparently they are random????) instead of just giving me the 2000 rp back to buy whatever which is loving dumb

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is epic level 1350? Didn't think of the rp pages. I think i bought like 3 with Rp and started with 4 in beta

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

How Rude posted:

I paid 2100 RP for rune pages and in return for them removing the rune pages I get probably 2 lovely 1350 RP skins (because apparently they are random????) instead of just giving me the 2000 rp back to buy whatever which is loving dumb
You keep the rune pages tho, they're just almost entirely useless

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Riot was also forced to address what long-term players got in compensation for being a long-time player that is "forced" to start at level 30 with everyone else. You get icons :toot:

I wish I had taken screenshots on reddit of the people whining but the mods deleted most of them

e: I just logged in and lul

I think I had over 1k honors

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 2, 2017

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What the gently caress are you whining about? 'left in the dust' on what exactly

They're putting a bunch of old/rare/interesting crap on sale for large sums of BE to reward veteran players/entice them to bottom out their huge supply, but the numbers they gave makes it sound like most people won't be able to actually afford what they're offering.

Amazingly enough my reply to the post explicitly about non-gameplay related poo poo was in fact also referring to non-gameplay related poo poo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

They're putting a bunch of old/rare/interesting crap on sale for large sums of BE to reward veteran players/entice them to bottom out their huge supply, but the numbers they gave makes it sound like most people won't be able to actually afford what they're offering.

Amazingly enough my reply to the post explicitly about non-gameplay related poo poo was in fact also referring to non-gameplay related poo poo.
There's a lot of people who would have had enough for stuff like Urfwick if they didn't just start buying name changes every week and buying every rune just for the hell of it. I can see why a lot of people are pissed off about such a low refund amount on the Runes/Quints because at one time I was 3-4 champions away from owning everything and then I just decided to buy a bunch of stupid runes to run gimmick pages in ARAM or bots. If I'd get even half a refund on all my runes I'd probably have 100,000 IP/Blue Dust

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I asked in the competitive thread too, but we're going to Boston to see videogames live, is there a sign other than IOWA STATE CYCLONES that we should try to make if we're seen?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Servaetes posted:

I asked in the competitive thread too, but we're going to Boston to see videogames live, is there a sign other than IOWA STATE CYCLONES that we should try to make if we're seen?
BIG SLAB OF BEEF

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
methanar lcs 2018

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Someone on reddit figured out that it's (on average) a bit better to buy mystery shards to disenchant than just keeping IP: https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/6xi6nt/how_to_get_84_more_blue_essence_preseason/

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Looks like Nami also got a comic covering how she became what she is:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Servaetes posted:

CITY NAME SPORTS TEAM

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

CITY NAME SPORTS TEAM

REGION NAME LCS TEAM

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lol You guys who think the refund is bad are on crack

This refund is way more than the players should have gotten and Riot is actually letting themselves be hosed in the rear end for once instead of the other way around

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Teikanmi posted:

This refund is way more than the players should have gotten and Riot is actually letting themselves be hosed in the rear end for once instead of the other way around

Man this is a really stupid take.

Fuzz1138
Feb 3, 2013

We don't have to dream that we're important. We are.

foutre posted:

Someone on reddit figured out that it's (on average) a bit better to buy mystery shards to disenchant than just keeping IP: https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/6xi6nt/how_to_get_84_more_blue_essence_preseason/
Yo I tried this out. I only had enough IP for 9 of them, but then 3 of the champs were the lowest tier, so I ended up with a whopping profit of about 72 BE after conversion. That's uh... 0.45%.

If it weren't for the random BE drops from the shards I would have lost out on the deal. Bad luck I guess. :shrug:
Hopefully they don't lower the conversion too far from 6.5.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

slydingdoor posted:

Brand, no, but Zilean can take BOS/AC. He has a clickslow to consistently apply the mark, a healing ult with large bases, and utility enough to not need to snowball the lane to win. Crushing with 1.8AP double bomb combos is just an option, a potential path to victory that isn't out of reach if you go don't take a damage keystone. Rezzing and area denial and clicking a bunch of actives is strong and consistent too.

Brand lacks that fallback and shouldn't take AC/BOS. All you have is "get fed and carry," and way too much "pray the enemy adc doesn't start Dshield."

I dunno if you've played much zilean but after laning phase you use 99% of your e's on either your engagers so their engage is even better or on your carries so they can kite better. It's great when you can throw it on an enemy champ but it's very short range and basically only comes up when someone is already caught out so bad that the ardent censor + bos combo is irrelevant. You could make a vague argument that throwing it on their tanks as counterengage would be good, but he's really not a champ designed for that and you'd have better options from someone like janna or nami if you want that style.

Zilean supp's strength comes from a mixture of lane pressure and mid/late game utility. He combos well with top/jungles that are weak to peel where he uses his e to make them more sticky and then throw bombs on your teammate to followup their pressure, you're not really given a lot of opportunities to just throw it on relevant targets offensively.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Zilean also hard counters a lot of the dudes whose only choice is to run really fast at you to initiate. He completely ruins Nasus, Singed, Darius, etc. A few games ago I completely removed a Darius from a teamfight because his flash was on CD. 20 seconds of him trying to get to the fight and being 90% slowed or stunned

In terms of laning, I find it really hard to put lane pressure on any bot lane that has shields/heals, or has an adc that can dash out of the way of bombs. Lucian and Vayne are both awful to deal with for that reason. He does set up ganks extremely well, though; E > Q > W > Q > E after stun is a whole lot of CC at level 3. You'll also make any Rammus/Hecarim player the happiest dude alive

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 2, 2017

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

pretty wild that on a page with multiple posts from the ssj naruto dude, this is somehow the worst one. goongrats

e; friendly reminder that people thought the old refund estimate of 40% was to low already, and the current refund that they're saying is 20-25%.

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 2, 2017

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

RealFoxy posted:

Well, poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2i6RDmbNc

• Removing the level 30 cap, everyone will start leveling again
  • Removing IP and converting it into Blue Essence
  • The amount of Blue Essence gotten from disenchanting champion shards will go way down
  • Champions will still cost the same amount of Blue Essence as they did when they were IP
  • Essence will be scaled per level, so players at lower levels will get more and you'll slowly get less as you level up
  • Your Blue Essence will be rounded multiplied by 6.5 in pre-season so it matches IP prices.
  • You no longer get IP/Essence after every game. Instead you get "Rewards" ie: A capsule containing champion shards & Blue Essence.
  • Reaching certain milestones (IE: 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, etc) will give you special rewards like Emotes or gemstones

• Any runes you bought before Season 7 started will give you 100 Essence and each Quint 300 Essence (lmao)
  • Any Runes/Quints bought during Season 7 will get a full refund
  • As of today all Runes are 10 IP each and will be given full refunds
  • For any Rune Page bought with IP, you get 1500 Blue Essence
  • For every 4 Rune Pages bought with RP, you get one Epic level skin for a champion you currently own (Rounding up)
  • At the start of Pre-Season you'll be able purchase Chroma Skins, Ward Skins, Icons, and Emotes with Blue Essence in order to let people who have a ton of essence/IP currently to sink their money
  • The shop will also include super high priced items like the Urfwick skin

• The new pre-season will have so many changes "It will feel like Season 1 again" and features more changes than any other pre-season patch

im gonna have 1.52m blue essence

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

shout outs to the guy who said zilean has a healing ult. thats a hell of a spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

JerryLee posted:

TELECOM ESPORTS

• Locked thread