Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Confer posted:

What's the Mario X-Com game you speak of?

Same basic mechanics. But actually fun.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2017/09/01/mariorabbids-kingdom-battle-on-nintendo-switch-is-a-triumph/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

This might just be my most satisfying kill yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEZzTDz-dbk

Fuzz1138
Feb 3, 2013

We don't have to dream that we're important. We are.

Black Griffon posted:

This might just be my most satisfying kill yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEZzTDz-dbk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NgnWyVmAQE&t=43s

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why do people give a poo poo about stats.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

NIce Forbes link. Get adblocker noob.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

i saw the luigi dab and now i'm not buying it out of principle

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

ChesterJT posted:

NIce Forbes link. Get adblocker noob.

I have it. Never actually visited the link, just copied the first or second link I saw.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Groovelord Neato posted:

Look at this bad, everyone.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Groovelord Neato posted:

people enjoy being good at things

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
loving tryhards

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

I just play to have fun, I don't give a single gently caress about stats.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

*transforms into an inferno unleashing unholy drama on the team and discord when teammate does something slightly suboptimal*

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

*transforms into an inferno unleashing unholy drama on the team and discord when teammate does something slightly suboptimal*

I've been in squads with goons where this has happened. A guy freaked out because someone used a molotov one time "because they're completely pointless". Brought it up repeatedly for several minutes and everything.

fanman
Mar 1, 2013
Have you guys noticed an increase in afk bots? My friend loaded up solo in a squad fpp to show me this:

https://imgur.com/v4kFPPA

Looks like about 42 afk guys. Saw it in a earlier match where 20-30 players died at once, presumably afk'ers

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

fanman posted:

Have you guys noticed an increase in afk bots? My friend loaded up solo in a squad fpp to show me this:

Looks like about 42 afk guys. Saw it in a earlier match where 20-30 players died at once, presumably afk'ers

Nah they're just all using tournament-level strats.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

fanman posted:

friday night games are always soft, people are partying and don't care or forget

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

friday night games are always soft, people are partying and don't care or forget
Someone forgot to tell everyone I've queued up with tonight. I'm done, no sense in continuing to do something I'm this bad at.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

fknlo posted:

I've been in squads with goons where this has happened. A guy freaked out because someone used a molotov one time "because they're completely pointless". Brought it up repeatedly for several minutes and everything.

my first goon game I got yelled at for daring to even step in the same house as another squad member while he was looting

Molchane
Dec 13, 2014

Tokubetsu posted:

my first goon game I got yelled at for daring to even step in the same house as another squad member while he was looting

Stay away from my house when im looting, it's rude for you to taint my house with you presence

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Tokubetsu posted:

dear diary, why do people get annoyed when i piss in the urinal next to them??? yeah there are 10 other open pee holes but wow autism much?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

fanman posted:

Yeah it's a big thing now for bots to farm for BP in the unrated FPP modes.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

dear diary, why do people get annoyed when i piss in the urinal next to them??? yeah there are 10 other open pee holes but wow autism much?

you're wasting water, just piss in the same urinal as me you weirdo

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Tokubetsu posted:

Tell then to shout up and/or shotgun them in their face.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tokubetsu posted:

Go figure, people are super tryhard spergs at this game and ruin the fun of it.

Manic Mongoose
Aug 5, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls9WZORU48g&t=64s

The nvidia kill highlight is neat

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

fanman posted:

Is this not what is meant by dropping at the school?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Unfunny Poster posted:

Dying cause everyones in the house with the single p92 is pretty chill

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Don't step in my house is actually code for please shoot me in the dick.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Unfunny Poster posted:

get out

of my house

and the game

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Tokubetsu posted:

I can understand that in the very early game where the survival of the team depends on looting efficiency. Having two people looting the same building means both are only half as efficient as they would be in seperate houses.

This is pretty basic math.

Once you move out of the initial drop area, gently caress all that nonsense. Looting in midgame is either greed or necessity, neither of which suffer from having multiple people looting the same building.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

underage at the vape shop posted:

people enjoy being good at things

people somehow became very good at older fps (even me!) without any stats being tracked.

gently caress the only game i remember having stat tracking was unreal tournament (the original) and you had to go to some janky site to check it. i'd pump up my headshot stats by killing 56k people spawning on facing worlds.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I prefer it unranked. The next person could be a complete nobody who's never gotten a kill or it could be The Terminator, you never know and that makes it more fun to adapt to the varying degrees of skill you'll run into.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Shima Honnou posted:

I prefer it unranked. The next person could be a complete nobody who's never gotten a kill or it could be The Terminator, you never know and that makes it more fun to adapt to the varying degrees of skill you'll run into.

It gets boring shittin on noobs though. More fun to play against skilled players as you progress.

Ninjalicious
Feb 22, 2010

Somebody posted:

We need vaulting

While I agree, it is so much fun to bounce from house porch to house porch with the thick rear end bounding boxes in some of the close two story houses in Pochinki.

The best advice from this thread so far has been "run towards gunfire". It's just more fun.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I want a mod for this game where when you die it becomes GTA and does the whole sad fade to black and white YOU DIED thing

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I want a mod for this game that stops me from being bad at pubg.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Tokubetsu posted:

I want a mod for this game where when you die it becomes GTA and does the whole sad fade to black and white YOU DIED thing

i know a game with a much better death screen.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

KM Scorchio posted:

I want a mod for this game that stops me from being bad at pubg.

Those mods get you VAC banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
anyone have any idea how many TK reports you get before you get banned? I tked a bunch of idiots yesterday and I'm pretty sure they reported me and I haven't been banned yet.

• Locked thread