Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i use extra stamina extra hp and extra item drops. the last one is particularly important for boss fights like kos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

this french guy is my role model, basically
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46YZFBOk2D0

lol... i love that weapon

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ya i triple up on stamina runes. 55% extra stamina

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Extra stamina, extra bullets and viscerals heal is what I usually run.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I did it everyone! :)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

grats!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking about playing Bloodborne again

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Hell, I just got home and might start up a file.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, yes... Paleblood. Well, you've come to the right place. Yarnham is the home to blood ministration, you need only to unravel its mystery. But where's an outsider like yourself to begin? Easy, with a little Yarnham blood of your own. But first, you need a contract.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:black101:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

eternal mood

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm not sure what i would do with myself if they announced a new one, other than pre-order it and buy whatever system it's on.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

it sold great right? seems like common sense to make a sequel

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

as far as anyone knows, miyazaki has stepped away from the format to work on new stuff. i think that the rest of from could make a good sequel, but IDK if it would have the same appeal... it did sell really well, though, so maybe Sony will force them to.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I burned myself out so bad on Souls style games that I couldn't even complete the Dark Souls 3 DLC but I'd still buy a Bloodborne 2.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yea miyazaki said he's done with souls, our best bet will be some other devs apeing the series and getting it right, at least on a mechanical level. i dont think anyone will ever successfully copy the world and atmosphere

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think a sequel or another not-technically-souls FROM ps4 exclusive is a given at this point ..... every year at e3 i'm surprised when it isn't announced honestly .

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also, when thinking of a sequel, topping bloodborne would be like moving a mountain. this game is on another level, even a game that came out a few years later and borrowed a lot of good ideas and design from BB is regarded by many as "Great, but its not bloodborne"

it's not just the level design and enemy variety, the art, sound design, exploraiton, narrative, everything about BB is 11/10.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Except Frenzy.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Except Frenzy.

I kinda like how oppressive frenzy feels considering what a rare effect it is & its narrative associations . Feels kinda like the first time you get cursed by basilisks in DS1 except even then it's not nearly as punishing

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
frenzy is very important

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frenzy rarely happens but it does mean theres still one enemy thatpisses me off even after i beat the game so many times I had to start deleting olld save files to start over

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
frenzy rounds out the purpose of insight and offers a diagetic negative result to gaining eldritch knowledge

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

the project hes doing with the guy who wrote berserk (kentaro something i forget) is another 'dark fantasy rpg' that will probably be the spiritual successor

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

frenzy rounds out the purpose of insight and offers a diagetic negative result to gaining eldritch knowledge

I think if we're going for the narrative reason it should only go up when you're looking directly at something incomprehensible and crazy but for some reason it's the opposite with the winter lanterns and the Big Brain Tower and them seeing you

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frenzy is fine and makes the brain guys really terrifying, it would be lame as hell if you could ignore them by turning your back to them lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Kongming posted:

I burned myself out so bad on Souls style games that I couldn't even complete the Dark Souls 3 DLC but I'd still buy a Bloodborne 2.

i think it was just lame dlc. if it was on par with the old hunters we'd both still be playing the hell out of it, imho

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its useless to compare them really .. i dont think ds3 was ever intended to be a masterpiece like ds1 or bloodborne, its more like a financial obligation for from software. though they definitely put a lot of love into it. not to mention they were made by different teams of staff

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

just woke up, time to play more bloodborne

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I slaughtered everyone in the odeon chapel safe space and now I feel bad :(

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wtf is wrong with you?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The true gentleman psychopath route is to send the cannibal to oedon after everybody else

folder
Oct 9, 2016

you plague ridden rat

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

you guys ever play this with headphones? takes it to the next level

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

In Training posted:

The true gentleman psychopath route is to send the cannibal to oedon after everybody else

First playthrough I sent everybody to the cathedral, including the cannibal even though I thought he was sketchy. When the old lady was gone with bloodstains on the ground I spent about 20 minutes talking to a friend if I should kill him or if it was just coincidence.

The relief of making the right choice was kinda soured by now having an angry werewolf chewing my rear end.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Stake Driver run

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I;m thinking about thos Bloodbornes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib