Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Got a Tier 1 Shaper Orb. What do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Shape the t1 map you enjoy the most

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

What's GGG's policy on buying something 3-4 days before it goes on sale? :negative:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Mr. Despair posted:

Shape the t1 map you enjoy the most

Yeah but are there any weird tricks I should consider?

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Objectively, Jungle Valley is the best one to shape for T1 but yeah, don't worry too much about minmaxing.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
How popular is PoE in the online gaming world?

I haven't followed the gaming scene in a long time, and this is literally the only video game I play; so I have no idea. Is it's popularity similar to how big WoW was back in the day?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Dennis McClaren posted:

How popular is PoE in the online gaming world?

I haven't followed the gaming scene in a long time, and this is literally the only video game I play; so I have no idea. Is it's popularity similar to how big WoW was back in the day?
Tough to get exact numbers for poe. The steam numbers are about 50k. You could probably multiply that by some unknown factor, since not everybody uses the steam client, particularly in other countries. Maybe 200k if you are generous.

WoW's peak subscriber count was 12 million, so I don't think PoE will be overtaking that any time soon.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

f#a# posted:

Objectively, Jungle Valley is the best one to shape for T1 but yeah, don't worry too much about minmaxing.

Why is that?

My favorite map is Arcade, just by the way. I think it looks good :v:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

NachtSieger posted:

Why is that?

My favorite map is Arcade, just by the way. I think it looks good :v:

Easy layout and drops good cards.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Filthy Monkey posted:

Tough to get exact numbers for poe. The steam numbers are about 50k. You could probably multiply that by some unknown factor, since not everybody uses the steam client, particularly in other countries. Maybe 200k if you are generous.

WoW's peak subscriber count was 12 million, so I don't think PoE will be overtaking that any time soon.

Some 8 million people have PoE in their steam libraries and it just missed 100k concurrent Steam users during the 3.0 launch. 12 million WoW subs were not online concurrently. Way back in 2015 GGG told Gamasutra that they had 11.5 million users worldwide.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 2, 2017

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Goddammit. I corrupted an Essence of Hysteria, and the mob that spawned had such high life regen that I not only didn't get the essence, I lost my last red map (with 10 total kills) and all my experience for the session.

I just generally feel like I've hit a wall. Maps aren't dropping, currency isn't dropping, I can't get past the traps in Uberlab consistently enough to beat it. The only progress I've made in the last 30 or so hours has been via Chaos Recipe, which I've been weaning myself off of but it's being replaced with pretty much alteration orbs.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Filthy Monkey posted:

that's concurrent. PoE probably gets 5m monthly players.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Managed to get a Breach unique drop and of course it isn't one that's got any real value. Would it even be worth building around a Xoph bow? I've never done an ignite build and I'm half-rear end thinking about it.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

pokchu posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/pokchu/characters

po_d is the guy; like i said, everything is exactly the way it was in 2.6 and still stomped everything

Nice, gonna try following this instead of the pure bloodmagic, although I gotta ask... where are you getting poison/bleeding from? Does the dirty techniques node scale chaos damage too or something?

e. is it coming purely from the razor's edge node?

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 2, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Shakenbaker posted:

Managed to get a Breach unique drop and of course it isn't one that's got any real value. Would it even be worth building around a Xoph bow? I've never done an ignite build and I'm half-rear end thinking about it.

People have made decent builds with it but idk how well they work with the new ailment changes.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

NofrikinfuN posted:

What's GGG's policy on buying something 3-4 days before it goes on sale? :negative:

try emailing support, worst thing they say is no. their support is pretty good though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ooooof. I cringed audibly at that.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Ooooof. I cringed audibly at that.

what sound does a cringe make

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Hauki posted:

what sound does a cringe make

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf4jgKUOJ3Q

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

In other news besides me making a million characters, I did a lot of gear rearranging and bought some upgrades for my Reverse Shockwave Searing Bond Chieftan including a perfect roll 6s Searing Touch (90% Fire Damage yo) and got myself up to about 93k DPS without any buffs up. With my Witchfire Brew flask going that rockets up to 126k DPS.

I'm pretty proud of myself for this since I didn't follow a guide on how to do my passive tree or gear or anything, I just knew of the concept of the build and put it all together on my own. Feels good man. :unsmith:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ahahaha

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

What can cause a loot filter that is working fine one day and then loving not work despite your best efforts?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

What can cause a loot filter that is working fine one day and then loving not work despite your best efforts?

If it's showing items it shouldn't, make sure you aren't seeing ilvl 75+ or 84+ crafting bases.

If it's not showing items it should, make sure you didn't toggle highlight items and objects.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Thanks for the help earlier. Picked up the legendary hat and finally got a couple resist nodes as well. I'm sitting at 80/100/110 now and back to just facetanking everything at the same difficulty I had previously.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

vaal pact + cloaked in savagery + dark pact is so good I love watching my health orb seesaw up and down like mad, plus you don't get to know if the enemy can kill you until it does.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Can we make just this the OP?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

wierd it seems like ggg re-rewarded me some alt-art uniques from a race I did years ago, too bad they're super lovely so probably nobody will want them

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

idgi

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

He rolled past a Headhunter

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Indecisive posted:

wierd it seems like ggg re-rewarded me some alt-art uniques from a race I did years ago, too bad they're super lovely so probably nobody will want them

Or you've just never claimed them before and we've reached the cutoff for when race rewards become available in temp leagues :)

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

He is mindlessly chancing for a big money millions payout and goes right over the Headhunter he wanted.

He then died due to fan death.

I just got a Xoph's Heart, breaches are great after all!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Dely Apple posted:

He is mindlessly chancing

Ancient Orbs

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

whypick1 posted:

Ancient Orbs

When you want to chance, but also have a creepy shriveled head in the matter.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Well, that was some vaal orb all right...

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Filthy Monkey posted:

About the same amount plays PoE without Steam, if I remember correctly. Xbox One peaked around 30k at launch, I think, and I haven't seen Chinese numbers anywhere. But that's concurrent, not unique.

dis astranagant posted:

Some 8 million people have PoE in their steam libraries and it just missed 100k concurrent Steam users during the 3.0 launch. 12 million WoW subs were not online concurrently. Way back in 2015 GGG told Gamasutra that they had 11.5 million users worldwide.
World of Warcraft had 100 million users worldwide as of 2014. User in these statistics means anyone who has ever registered.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Sep 2, 2017

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

NecroMonster posted:

vaal pact + cloaked in savagery + dark pact is so good I love watching my health orb seesaw up and down like mad, plus you don't get to know if the enemy can kill you until it does.

I just got up to level 62 on my dude and got a 6l carcass jack but didn't have time to get all the gems, I'm gonna try it out later, I'm excited.

If I like it I can liquidate about 2000c from my main dudes gear and then maybe finally kill the stupid shaper.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

the gently caress mate? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the gently caress mate? :stare:

That's like run of the mill late-game character.