Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
The cop has been placed on admin leave and the DA is investigating possible criminal charges. It's unlikely he'd actually go to jail but SLPD is fairly decent as far as agencies go so he may end up fired. The rear end in a top hat cop in question also drives an ambulance part time so here's hoping they fire him because they don't want the bad publicity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ms Boods posted:

Field report: snuck up behind kitten (who is currently having a mad half-hour, eye pointing in two different directions, &c) and threw down a fridge cucumber. He gave it a sniff and a lick, then ran off to attack the kitchen bin. Searched the fridge for other hostile fruit. Problem is, when he's not loving on the Dyson or sat in the sink with the tap running or doing that Linda Blair/Exorcist spider walk, he likes to play with apple peels and sticks his face into orange juice and fizzy drinks to partake if you don't police him. He just likes fruit, I guess.

He's currently running laps with a corn dolly in his mouth.

Well that was underwhelming. Add an air horn maybe?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

SubponticatePoster posted:

The cop has been placed on admin leave and the DA is investigating possible criminal charges. It's unlikely he'd actually go to jail but SLPD is fairly decent as far as agencies go so he may end up fired. The rear end in a top hat cop in question also drives an ambulance part time so here's hoping they fire him because they don't want the bad publicity.

plus the victim was a nice white lady and not, you know... *other

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Karate Bastard posted:

Perhaps later; he's just gone to sleep with the upright's extension attachment.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhD6KdLLgaQ

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

What is it with cats and cucumbers? Seriously, some of those kitties near the end just disappeared off the screen :allears:
Cats aren't scared of vegetables, nor do they have some anti-snake reflex. What they do have is a "Run away!" reaction to being startled and cats can startle very easily. Every source in that gif had the part where the cat was focused on something else and the human sneaked up on the cat and place the cucumber without the cat noticing cut out. You only see the part where the cats turns around and goes "What the gently caress, there wasn't there a second ago. Run away!".
It's basically the cat version of this

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Cheers!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

you're in the wrong thread buddy, this ain't the hosed up cops thread

Now when the cop gets arrested for being an asshat, then post that here. But odds are he'll get off with a slap on the wrist. So...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Isn't the proper order of operations here to hand the beer to the cameraman THEN do something dumb?

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

iospace posted:

Isn't the proper order of operations here to hand the beer to the cameraman THEN do something dumb?

Sometimes you just have to hold your own beer. When you're attempting to smoothly slide down an 80 degree incline is one of those times.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

SubponticatePoster posted:

Could you imagine something like this in any other workplace though? Say I thought some lady in my store was shoplifting and with no valid proof, acted like a complete shitstain then tackled her to the ground. Turns out lady didn't have anything in her pockets, I was clearly proven wrong, I'd be fired on the spot and charged with assault.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Base Camp Blanket posted:

Sometimes you just have to hold your own beer. When you're attempting to smoothly slide down an 80 degree incline is one of those times.

The very charitable read is that he was trying to just sit on the edge, and was way too drunk to pull it off. Either way I can't stop watching.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Picnic Princess posted:

Could you imagine something like this in any other workplace though? Say I thought some lady in my store was shoplifting and with no valid proof, acted like a complete shitstain then tackled her to the ground. Turns out lady didn't have anything in her pockets, I was clearly proven wrong, I'd be fired on the spot and charged with assault.

I think a better analogy would be that you saw someone in your store stealing money out of someone else's wallet and then there was a big fight and stuff and you thought "I'll just grab the victim's wallet while he's distracted so I can write down his address in case the police or someone needs it" and someone else says "Hey you can't just go through his wallet and just take his personal info" and you tackled that person to the ground

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Picnic Princess posted:

No, it's loving bullshit and a travesty it happened in the first place but hopefully they can his rear end.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Enos Cabell posted:

The very charitable read is that he was trying to just sit on the edge, and was way too drunk to pull it off. Either way I can't stop watching.
I can't stop laughing at his smile right before he does it, it feels as if he intended to do exactly what he did and in fact coudn't wait to do it, he even opened a beer to make it more enjoyable.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/asnZxlA.mp4

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Schadenfreude: Pleasure derived from a tree's misfortune.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Bates posted:

Schadenfreude: Pleasure derived from a tree's misfortune.

The tree was a nazi.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

God: gently caress this tree in particular!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I wonder how they happened to be recording that. If lightning hadn't struck, it would have been a rather uninteresting video.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

And that's why you don't shelter under trees in a thunderstorm.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

XYZ posted:

God: gently caress this tree in particular!

gently caress everything!
http://i.imgur.com/XUbIPCG.gifv

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Plenty of reasons to not let your pet roam. They are too stupid to survive on their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7KV7kr9HlY

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I love this one so so much. A true hall-of-fame example.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bates posted:

Schadenflora: Pleasure derived from a tree's misfortune.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:golfclap:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I would have been really happy to witness this in real life. Not because I hate trees, but because I love storms.

I actually quite like trees. They are very good at what they do.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Imagine if this was a Callery pear.

Imagine the smell. :gonk:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Raygereio posted:

Cats aren't scared of vegetables, nor do they have some anti-snake reflex.

Huh. Maybe cats don't, but humans certainly do. This is apparently a solid scientific expose on that subject:

https://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Tree-Serpent-Why-Well/dp/0674061969

I had believed that piece of brain circuitry would be older than mammals, but actually it seems that this piece of text argues that we humans got the 2.0 platinum version of the more rudimentary poo poo kit that all the other milk sucka chumps got stuck with. Sorry about y'all's kickstarter alpha brains bustaaaaaaaas.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Random Stranger posted:

I used to have a real rear end in a top hat of a cat and one time I saw him pull a five foot snake out from under a shed by biting it behind the head while its body was whipping around like crazy.

My current cats panic and run if I give them a new kind of treat. You could say, they're real pussies.

I work in a veterinary practice and we have a litter of seven 5 weeks old kittens in from a stray that was brought to us. Insanely cute, and utterly mental. They've learnt that the dustpan and brush are not enemies, but God help you if you try and scoop one up to move it out of the way because there's a 50/50 chance it will nearly poo poo itself in a panic. They're not especially bright at such a young age. I also managed to scare one by sneezing from across the room, and it promptly fell into the water bowl.

A picture of the little cretins. (The larger kitten is a separate entity which was brought in with broken hind legs and a crushed pelvis, and is making a full recovery)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Strudel Man posted:

I wonder how they happened to be recording that. If lightning hadn't struck, it would have been a rather uninteresting video.

Probably a security cam.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Picnic Princess posted:

I actually quite like trees. They are very good at what they do.

They just sit there, sucking up our precious sunlight, the lazy loving woody bastards.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stoatbringer posted:

They just sit there, sucking up our precious sunlight, the lazy loving woody bastards.

hell, same

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Phanatic posted:

A nearby police department sends one of their cops, a trained phlebotomist, to the hospital to draw blood from the unconscious man. Who isn't suspected of a crime, who is the *victim* here, but the cops want his blood anyway, to "protect" him in some unspecified fashion.
There was a ruling by the Utah State Supreme Court a few years back that opened the door to suing police for negligence when someone dies as the result of a pursuit. If the truck driver in this case were found (by, say, a blood test) to have been driving under the influence at the time of the accident, that would allow the pursuing department to argue that the truck driver was the one really responsible for the death of the fleeing suspect.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/yMYEmYq.mp4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Lazlo Nibble posted:

There was a ruling by the Utah State Supreme Court a few years back that opened the door to suing police for negligence when someone dies as the result of a pursuit. If the truck driver in this case were found (by, say, a blood test) to have been driving under the influence at the time of the accident, that would allow the pursuing department to argue that the truck driver was the one really responsible for the death of the fleeing suspect.

Bingo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I have never been more sympathetic to a gif in my life.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Seems a bunch of goons need to do some testing with variously-shaped objects and their cats. Get this thing nailed down one way or the other.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Pathos.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gromit posted:

Seems a bunch of goons need to do some testing with variously-shaped objects and their cats. Get this thing nailed down one way or the other.

We already did a long experiment with cat-tonging