Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

RC Cola posted:

Facial prosopagnosia is a thing fyi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Hard no. posted:

I got randomly recognized on a dating site? And it was the creepiest thing ever! I think face to face would be even worse!

Eh, tbf I'm sure it also depends heavily on how they approach you.

If they're a normal, well adjusted person saying "oh hey, you're a goon as well huh? I post in the selfie thread too! Cool beans." then that shouldn't be a problem, and if anyone is weirded out by that, then the problem is probably with themselves.

BUT! If they're acting awkward/creepy, then for sure I can see that being weird.

PSA: Don't be weirdos, goons.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Sep 1, 2017

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Zipperelli. posted:

Eh, tbf I'm sure it also depends heavily on how they approach you.

If they're a normal, well adjusted person saying "oh hey, you're a goon as well huh? I post in the selfie thread too! Cool beans." then that shouldn't be a problem, and if anyone is weirded out by that, then the problem is probably with themselves.

BUT! If they're acting awkward/creepy, then for sure I can see that being weird.

PSA: Don't be weirdos, goons.

I guess I shouldn't have put the word random in there. It was a creepy thing, and I was approached in a creepy way. :)

I have met a handful of goons personally, though running into them randomly around here doesn't happen often. I quite like goons.

Also:

Happy Birthday to Ignite Memories! You are looking happy and I hope you stay that way!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Ignite Memories posted:

birthday brunch photo. today I am 30

Happy Birthday, friend!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I ran into someone today

hopefully next time I meet a celebrity I won't have just gotten out of work and nor will I still be in my scrubs and sneakers

WOW. I am such a huge David Lynch and specifically Twin Peaks fan. Lucky!!!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Hard no. posted:

I guess I shouldn't have put the word random in there. It was a creepy thing, and I was approached in a creepy way. :)

I have met a handful of goons personally, though running into them randomly around here doesn't happen often. I quite like goons.

Also:

Happy Birthday to Ignite Memories! You are looking happy and I hope you stay that way!

I used to think that one of the best things about London was never running into anyone you didn't want to. Then I learnt an ex-girlfriend had moved here and I was paranoid I'd run into her and the breakup wasn't handled well on either side. For ages I reckon she thought I hated her but I had no ill feelings towards her at all.

I was so concerned about it and it bothered me so much that she thought I hated her I messaged her on Facebook and just apologised for my part in how it all went down. We exchanged some pleasant messages (and I found her boyfriend does the exact same job as me for a different company, which is weird enough but I hadn't even heard of this profession when we were dating so it's double weird. Maybe she has a type and it's "internal auditors") and that was that.

Literally 3 months or so later I 100% walked past her in the street at 10am, I was late to a client meeting and she apprently had just left from having a blood test. She insisted she hadn't seen me but I'm sure she did. I know all this because I messaged her and just said I thought I walked past her.

Even today I'm still amazed at the odds of that happening.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Ignite Memories posted:

I am diggin that sweet 'tache man

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
jealous as hell you got to meet dale cooper

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Happy birthday Ignite! I hope it's lovely!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Kitchner posted:

I used to think that one of the best things about London was never running into anyone you didn't want to. Then I learnt an ex-girlfriend had moved here and I was paranoid I'd run into her and the breakup wasn't handled well on either side. For ages I reckon she thought I hated her but I had no ill feelings towards her at all.

I was so concerned about it and it bothered me so much that she thought I hated her I messaged her on Facebook and just apologised for my part in how it all went down. We exchanged some pleasant messages (and I found her boyfriend does the exact same job as me for a different company, which is weird enough but I hadn't even heard of this profession when we were dating so it's double weird. Maybe she has a type and it's "internal auditors") and that was that.

Literally 3 months or so later I 100% walked past her in the street at 10am, I was late to a client meeting and she apprently had just left from having a blood test. She insisted she hadn't seen me but I'm sure she did. I know all this because I messaged her and just said I thought I walked past her.

Even today I'm still amazed at the odds of that happening.

The odds are better than you think. The people you associate with tend to associate with similar people, have similar interests and life experiences. There are outliers and if you look far enough from the core of one distinct group, you'll end up in the backwater fringes of multiple social circles or the middle of another group. Just by nature, you and your ex are likely to frequent the same areas of town, go to similar businesses, date similar people (which is how she ended up with bizarro-you) and you might even share some casual acquaintances if you look hard enough.

Science is keen!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation

E: not that this concept is exactly waterproof, mind

Pvt.Scott has a new favorite as of 22:40 on Sep 1, 2017

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I ran into someone today

hopefully next time I meet a celebrity I won't have just gotten out of work and nor will I still be in my scrubs and sneakers

drat fine selfie

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Note how MacLachlan makes eye contact with the lens. That kind of consummate professionalism is why he gets the big bucks and frankly Bird doesn't.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wow, rude.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pleasant surprise that 20 posts was just nothing crazy.

Just imagine this crammed down my pie hole.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Friend's wedding tomorrow and I got a new suit. Previewing my post-ceremony party phase.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

LingcodKilla posted:

Voodoo? Gotdamn tourists

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Munchables posted:

Voodoo? Gotdamn tourists

This city smells like pee pee and I could get across downtown jumping from passed out homeless to homeless.

Not impressed.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mocking Bird posted:

I remember what you look like, you're not ugly :3:

:how:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Ignite Memories posted:

I love you on Mega64

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

This city smells like pee pee and I could get across downtown jumping from passed out homeless to homeless.

Not impressed.

Good, enjoy your visit

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

But fair.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
It's my birthday.

Have a picture of my sister and me not drinking Guinness and trying to vogue.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

EmmyOk posted:

Note how MacLachlan makes eye contact with the lens. That kind of consummate professionalism is why he gets the big bucks and frankly Bird doesn't.

I knew there was no way I could rival that piercing stare

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Sick with strep and bronchitis but this little bear is keeping me in good company.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
Hope you feel better Calvin!

Slightly sweaty and limping selfie

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

What happens after I've been up for at least 30 hours.

It's like Chris Pratt and Joseph Gordon Levitt had a lovely child together

in_queso_emergency
Jan 20, 2014
thanks Star Trek thread for destroying my life (jk only VOY and ENT destroyed my life. All the good ones just destroyed my chances of not being a cat lady)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

in_queso_emergency posted:

thanks Star Trek thread for destroying my life (jk only VOY and ENT destroyed my life. All the good ones just destroyed my chances of not being a cat lady)

Sorry for your death on the next away mission. :smith:

in_queso_emergency
Jan 20, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Sorry for your death on the next away mission. :smith:

Yeah I really couldn't have done any more to assure my own demise.

Although at the Boston Red Sox game last year with Shatner in attendance I did make shirts saying "RED SOX VS. RED SHIRTS"

Don't even remember who they were playing against :v:

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

in_queso_emergency posted:

When I was younger I always thought it would be cool to own a star trek uniform (captain Picard's from TNG obviously) but as I grew older and more ashamed of my nerdiness I never bothered getting one. Glad you haven't made the same mistake I did!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kitchner posted:

When I was younger I always thought it would be cool to own a star trek uniform (captain Picard's from TNG obviously) but as I grew older and more ashamed of my nerdiness I never bothered getting one. Glad you haven't made the same mistake I did!

Get the unisex dress uniform, post pictures.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Jerry Cotton posted:

Get the unisex dress uniform, post pictures.

I have a dream that one day, no matter what your gender, it will be socially normal to wear a fashionable skirt uniform just like the romans did.

Also I have good calves, so it would look pretty good to be quite honest.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LingcodKilla posted:

Congrats on your overpriced, stale bullshit.
I have no clue why Voodoo has such a huge reputation.
Is it the dick donut or maybe the cereal ones that are sometimes so hard that they're inedible?

Skip that poo poo. Go to Heavenly and get a pineapple fritter or apple pie donut.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Inzombiac posted:

Is it the dick donut or maybe the cereal ones that are sometimes so hard that they're inedible?

Skip that poo poo. Go to Heavenly and get a pineapple fritter or apple pie donut.

You been to sesame yet because mmmmmmmmm

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

Quite a feat to get a stale donut with the turnover there. Besides I was staying one block away and I'm scared of getting hepatitis if I have to walk more than a block in your filthy disgusting downtown.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Your zoo is nice though.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Mango wishes everyone a happy Labor Day, mainly by screeching and howling whenever he thinks someone can hear him

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kitchner posted:

I have a dream that one day, no matter what your gender, it will be socially normal to wear a fashionable skirt uniform just like the romans did.

Never mind gender but goons being fashionable?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

FreshFeesh posted:

Mango wishes everyone a happy Labor Day, mainly by screeching and howling whenever he thinks someone can hear him

Appropriately named bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

FreshFeesh posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :kimchi: