Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No one's died on me this second campaign, though I did reload to mission start during a couple missions because of bugs. My first campaign though, hoo boy. Also Shen's Last Gift came close to loving me over for good but I was wrong, the SPARK ended up coming through later. I don't know when I'm going to get the cash to upgrade it and buy a second though.

The sewer levels are cool but LOS is somehow even more hosed and broken down there, and the spawns are real messed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also just tested it, if you add ballowbonds=true in the SPARK ini you can totally bond them. Haven't tested to be sure all the bond powers work, but I generated a sick custom portrait of Julian and my Reaper :3:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Zore posted:

Also just tested it, if you add ballowbonds=true in the SPARK ini you can totally bond them. Haven't tested to be sure all the bond powers work, but I generated a sick custom portrait of Julian and my Reaper :3:

You having made this post at 13:37 time makes this 100x better.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

RBA Starblade posted:

No one's died on me this second campaign, though I did reload to mission start during a couple missions because of bugs.

I have also done this. Its fun being told you won't trigger an enemy pod that you can see all the sight lines for and then it triggers them. I just reload the turn if that's the case, argument being that I wouldn't have triggered them if the game worked properly.

masam
May 27, 2010

Tollymain posted:

its been fun to watch this expansion turn beagle into a gibbering skeleton

If you don't mind I'd like a link to this because I've been curious to see the man known as beaglerush finally crushed by Jake. Or at least pushed into interesting situations

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171581131

That's Beaglerush from earlier. He did another twelve hours the day before.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
Beagle's XCOM2 LP got me playing the series.

If I liked twitch more I'd probably check out the streams when he's not playing PUBG.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think you can check out the vods at his twitch channel beagsandjam

hes taken some rough blows but he might squeak through to snowballing, it's all been highly dramatic

hes having a ridiculously good time

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

beaglerush is really good at realizing when a situation is unwinnable and bailing. which is something i need to learn.

the first mission of yesterdays stream, he hosed up a hack and got a reinforcment that basically super hosed his mission, but he was able to hide his reaper and complete the objective before running.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roobanguy posted:

beaglerush is really good at realizing when a situation is unwinnable and bailing. which is something i need to learn.

the first mission of yesterdays stream, he hosed up a hack and got a reinforcment that basically super hosed his mission, but he was able to hide his reaper and complete the objective before running.

Does it not count as a loss anymore if you finish the objective but don't wipe out the remaining forces and just bail?

masam
May 27, 2010
Many thanks fellow ayyy killers

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Does it not count as a loss anymore if you finish the objective but don't wipe out the remaining forces and just bail?

it counts as a loss and you dont get the reward, but it counters the dark event which was alot worse than not getting some supplies.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RBA Starblade posted:

Depends on the mission and always has. Unless an objective is 'kill everything' you can totally bail and get credit but no corpses etc.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

http://www.metv.com/videos/ufo/identified

If you want to see a show about fighting aliens xcom style in the far off future of 1980!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Tollymain posted:

its been fun to watch this expansion turn beagle into a gibbering skeleton
his gatecrasher tries are magical. he's playing xcom1

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roobanguy posted:

the last mission of the stream that started yesterday climaxed at the point where multiple pod activations had hosed his team ragged, 1 was bleeding out in 2, the objective timer was also at 2, and he chose to then skulljack the codex out of an advent commander on a whim

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Roobanguy posted:

That's exactly how I lost my only team. My reaper did the hack and hosed off in the evac while the rest of the team died, along with my 3 mimic pods.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's weird how few faceless there are now. I'm a few months in and I've seen two. I guess it's just to hard counter mimic beacons?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RBA Starblade posted:

It's weird how few faceless there are now. I'm a few months in and I've seen two. I guess it's just to hard counter mimic beacons?

There's a lot of faceless during the underground missions, and one of the Chosen's roulette of enemies they summon are Faceless.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Even in vanilla, you still got the important stuff for completing the objective, even if you bail without killing everything. You just don't get the bonus rewards. It's really really badly presented to you; they should have framed it as main objective: destroy thing, bonus objective: kill things.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Dongattack posted:

Any tips for the bossfight with the assassin? Struggling real bad. Loving/hating how they managed to make such a good atagonist!

People are finding it difficult? My fight with her was mostly just running two sparks up to her and using overdrive to shoot her about four times for 10 damage because she had close range vulnerability.

Focused on the other thing the next round and took it out, had to take out a couple of mutons, too, which wasn't too bad. She came back at 50% health and went down easy after that, though.

Vengarr posted:

Is it physically possible to do the Chosen Stronghold Assault without plasma on Commander? The Assassin isn't even hard, it's the endlessly spawning Mutons/Berserkers that make poo poo impossible. Closest I got, the Sarcophagus bugged out and wouldn't take any damage. Then two Berserkers teleported in to join the Mutons and her own summoned Troopers :negative:

Did that with magnetic weapons?

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 2, 2017

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Any required mods for WotC? RealityMachina usually puts out some good bugfix mods, but right now all I'm running with is Capnbub's WotC accessory pack and the fix for Brutal so it doesn't lower max will. Is the Skirmisher rebalance decent/good necessary, or just the bugfix for Battlelord?

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Darkrenown posted:

You can also Revive your dude and have him fight his own evil clone.

Going after the second Chosen is weird. When you start the mission Bradford is all "Ok we got one let's kill the next", but when you get to his macguffin -which is the exact same- Tygan etc is all "What is this?!?! Maybe it's related to how the Chosen work??? :confused:"
Seems strange they account for it in one set of VO and not in the other.

Dead Chosen might comment on you recovering soldiers that they stole as well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tae posted:

There's a lot of faceless during the underground missions, and one of the Chosen's roulette of enemies they summon are Faceless.

Oh, guess it's just luck I haven't seen them down there then. I'll have to keep an eye out!

Also I thought my soldiers seemed a little wimpier and it occurs to me it's because I don't have Vulture to loot everything anymore. I know it's an order now though.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
soooo apparently the autosave feature doesn't work on some missions :|

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

botany posted:

soooo apparently the autosave feature doesn't work on some missions :|

I believe its specifically missions with the Chosen.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

God drat it's taking me forever to get someone to major. Just wanna kill that bitch loving assassin. She's a bitch, took me a few hosed up encounters to figure her out. Rolling duo reaper now.

I wish the faction beginning people had random personalities.

Best $40 I ever spent on DLC though drat.

mst4k fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 2, 2017

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Stupid Archons getting their corpses stuck in the ventilation system. Now it's gonna get rank and stink up the Hunter's entire base.

Also, Hunter was the hardest of the 3 boss fights, if only because he had a habit of summing complete meat-walls when his Monolith was vulnerable. When you're on a time limit to chew down 60 HP, the last thing you want to see is a Heavy Mech and Andromedon pop in, followed by a Chryssalid and Elite Specter. On the plus side I got to watch my Templar slap his scrawny rear end about and kill him three times (weak to templars and close-ranged attacks).

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
best $10 I ever spent on a dlc

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I have not played any Xcom games since Xcom 1 a few years back, and grabbed Xcom 2 on the sale yesterday. Holy gently caress my newbie recruits are dying all over the place on the regular difficulty is this normal?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Jabor posted:

In vanilla you can get a shop by clicking the icon on the left side of the HQ location (opposite the one you click on to spend time). This lets you change the bonus you get for scanning at your HQ, and also buy soldiers/scientists/engineers in exchange for supplies.

In War of the Chosen, that shop no longer exists (as far as I can tell). You choose which scanning bonus you want by scanning at a different faction HQ. You can get more soldiers/scientists/engineers from the Black Market, scan sites, or covert ops.

Ah no wonder I can't see it. Well poo poo Im just gonna have to get lucky.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Out of curiosity, when soldiers can be captured on covert ops, does that include scientists you can send along?

e: There are not enough supplies in the game to max everything now without slogging through, I guess I need to pick what I want now

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 2, 2017

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
The lost on every mission is a bug, right?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Can you rename the hero units?

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

RBA Starblade posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171581131

That's Beaglerush from earlier. He did another twelve hours the day before.

That link isn't valid

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

oswald ownenstein posted:

That link isn't valid

Weird. Try this

https://www.twitch.tv/beagsandjam/videos/all

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Seedge posted:

Can you rename the hero units?

Yeah, they're entirely randomly generated too unless you enable Lost and Abandoned. And even then there's only a specific Reaper and Skirmisher, the Templar's just a rando.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i hate the way that hacking works in this game.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm on a 'destroy the pisonic transmitter' mission and I can see every single enemy on the map for some reason. Even the ones behind walls, far away, out of vision range. I don't have the reaper and it was like this from the start of the mission. Is it a sitrep condition I missed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
/\/\/\/\ Every now and then I get a bug where I can spot units way across the map. It's usually only for a turn or two. I think sometimes positions get hosed up. I know sometimes one member of a lost horde will be visually all the way on the other side of the map, but you can still target and hit it like it was as close as the others (through buildings in total blackness).

Remote starting the gas pump the advent field commander you're supposed to assassinate is a great feeling.

RBA Starblade posted:

:lol: I had sitrep 'beasts'. where the supply mission was nothing but Faceless stomping around. I've got four loving mimic beacons. :getin: