Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

gently caress you Gary

We've been over this. He might not be your father, but when you're in this house you will treat him with respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

business hammocks posted:

We've been over this. He might not be your father, but when you're in this house you will treat him with respect.

No gently caress you! He's a fuckin rear end in a top hat!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Jackie makes me hot

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I swear I'm not a creep!

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
yea that guy is either sincerely or insincerely posting fascist apologia and as recent history has demonstrated there's not much of a difference between sincerity and insincerity. run fascists over with tank treads.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Jackie makes me hot

Wrong thread?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

Wrong thread?

There is no wrong thread to discuss the funny feelings Jackie gives us in our no no zones

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i was thinking of the picture thread but if we're talking about contrapoints then :same:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

I just got this cool Twin Peaks keychain with the owl cave ring symbol on it and now I have found out that it's a rune used by nazis. they ruin loving everything.
I looked it up and apparently it's just a bit different.

Still, you're right. Nazi have ruined a lot of cool pagan poo poo.

Like, they're most well known icon was stolen from Brown Pagans

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

fascism is obsessed with tradition and is therefore locked into an antipodal aesthetic of faceless domination for the mechanism of government and kinkadian garbage for the citizenry and is so forced to pillage from history for its symbology since any attempt to innovate would be cutting to close to modernism for their hearts to take.

except for the futurists, but they were just a bunch of weirdo train geeks.

in a weird twist of the times older fascist iconography is now being dredged up to brand current movements, like some sort of game of semiotic telephone.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

The reason people punch Nazis is so that it never gets to the point where minorities are getting kidnapped and tortured you stupendous shithead. By the time anyone is getting kidnapped and tortured it's already too late.

Edited out a stupid angry thing here.

welp looks like its too late moron

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

babypolis posted:

welp looks like its too late moron

lol you're so mad at people trying to protect the weak and vulnerable holy poo poo get a grip on yourself.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

lol you're so mad at people trying to protect the weak and vulnerable holy poo poo get a grip on yourself.

man you are dumb as gently caress, maybe actually read what you are quoting

babypolis has issued a correction as of 23:13 on Sep 2, 2017

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

forget this is dumb im out once again im sorry for stirring poo poo up

babypolis has issued a correction as of 23:14 on Sep 2, 2017

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol seriously who bought lee fang an account

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
There's an antifa thread in GRS that's not bad. Relatively new & a bit sparsely populated

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

why are you punching nazis when you could be voting

e: https://twitter.com/ChiStreetMedics/status/904017589621448704

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i have no right to call myself antifa because i didnt vote for hillary

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

babypolis posted:

forget this is dumb im out once again im sorry for stirring poo poo up

No you're loving not. Don't come back.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Dreddout posted:

I looked it up and apparently it's just a bit different.

Still, you're right. Nazi have ruined a lot of cool pagan poo poo.

Like, they're most well known icon was stolen from Brown Pagans

that owl got a big ol dick

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
antifa better be careful or else nobody is going to vote for antifa candidates in november........................... its almost like they dont want to win any elections!!!!!!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I just got this cool Twin Peaks keychain with the owl cave ring symbol on it and now I have found out that it's a rune used by nazis. they ruin loving everything.

yeah it sucks. being a history nerd, i was with my gf at state ren faire today and bought a decent steel/metal roman helmet(kinda ehh manufacturing and not really super accurate but good enough) but i feel like i will be pointed out as alt right fuckhead if i ever wore it anywhere for fun. like i find europian history(any history realy ) interesting and great, but most of the arguments/discussions i see are race stuff or weird alt right fap fiction.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah it sucks. being a history nerd, i was with my gf at state ren faire today and bought a decent steel/metal roman helmet(kinda ehh manufacturing and not really super accurate but good enough) but i feel like i will be pointed out as alt right fuckhead if i ever wore it anywhere for fun. like i find europian history(any history realy ) interesting and great, but most of the arguments/discussions i see are race stuff or weird alt right fap fiction.

wear it to work. problem solved.
unless your some kind of slacker who has fun at work. :colbert:

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Paint a rainbow flag or something on it iunno.

I do wonder where would you be going in a 2nd century military helmet without any weirdo implications though.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

just start hitting people

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

just paint one half of your body blue and go naked in public

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

just paint one half of your body blue and go naked in public

which half...???

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

freckle posted:

wear it to work. problem solved.
unless your some kind of slacker who has fun at work. :colbert:

i go to college still so maybe in october,

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Paint a rainbow flag or something on it iunno.

I do wonder where would you be going in a 2nd century military helmet without any weirdo implications though.

idk. honestly i dress normally apart from sometimes a nerdy shirt/jacket that my gf got me. then again a kid wore SS flactarn uniform in my high school everyday.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

deadgoon posted:

which half...???

both.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i posted this before week or so ago. but lol. http://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/

the /pol/ is really asshurt over assassins creed origins. amusingly so.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lancemantis posted:

lol he's so butthurt

lmao

sometimes i think... maybe, just maybe twitter wasnt a mistake

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i posted this before week or so ago. but lol. http://steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/

jesus christ WHY

make it stop

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I really hope it's successful, like mindblowingly so that these fucks can racism themselves to death with an aneurysm. Same with Farcry 5.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FaustianQ posted:

I really hope it's successful, like mindblowingly so that these fucks can racism themselves to death with an aneurysm. Same with Farcry 5.

Yeah. Asscreed origins genuinely looks good on multiple levels(actual combat systemand Ptolemaic Egypt is fascinating and cool. It was a loving massive trading hub in late antiquity and its dynastic struggles put GoT to shame.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
When a game or movie the alt-right hates is good it massively swamps their hate campaigns, showing how little cultural power they have, further feeding their resentment.

This has been a lovely year for movies and studio revenue is taking a hit, but some of the few hits that kept the industry going were Wonder Woman and Get Out which were well-crafted and aimed at underserved audiences.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
how do all you cool punk posters have anarchy As necxt to your names

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
drat, no one ever wants to join pill crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

When a game or movie the alt-right hates is good it massively swamps their hate campaigns, showing how little cultural power they have, further feeding their resentment.

This has been a lovely year for movies and studio revenue is taking a hit, but some of the few hits that kept the industry going were Wonder Woman and Get Out which were well-crafted and aimed at underserved audiences.

pretty much. both of those game will make a decent amount. espcially since Origins seems to be aping the witcher 3 (quest system/rpg/etc) hard. Get Out was great but didnt care for wonder woman. it felt like meh marvel movie with decent characters but it was all over the loving place with its themes/messages.