Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

glowing-fish posted:

I knew that NCOs had a condescending attitude towards green officers, but I thought it was all indirect, that at least the protocols of rank had to be followed?

LOL not really. Second lieutenants are not given much respect at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

enraged_camel posted:

Go back to TD

Hehe sorry. I thought it was obvious that I'm not serious with that ridiculous opinion. Trump is quite often wrong. I'd probably give even odds, that any given statement is in some way incorrect. And that's only if you count presidential statements he makes in private, like: "I wanna diet coke!" ,"Give me Breitbart!", "Fire that guy!", or "I don't want to go to prison."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

glowing-fish posted:

I knew that NCOs had a condescending attitude towards green officers, but I thought it was all indirect, that at least the protocols of rank had to be followed?

Kinda depends on how big a pile of poo poo the LT is, but generally speaking they treat them like toddlers.

On top of the fact that no person in the military has ever gone their entire 35 year career without being chewed out by a superior. Literally no one is perfect.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm frankly surprised he didn't commit ritual suicide.

It's certainly not because he couldn't find a second.

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III would never do something so not white as gently caress. The only Second you may find him with is one for a duel.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

cant cook creole bream posted:

Hehe sorry. I thought it was obvious that I'm not serious with that ridiculous opinion. Trump is quite often wrong. I'd probably give even odds, that any given statement is in some way incorrect. And that's only if you count presidential statements he makes in private, like: "I wanna diet coke!" ,"Give me Breitbart!", "Fire that guy!", or "I don't want to go to prison."

Possibly the only 2 things I have in common with DJT: I loving love Diet Coke, and I really don't want to go to prison

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Possibly the only 2 things I have in common with DJT: I loving love Diet Coke, and I really don't want to go to prison

You're going in the cell next to him buddy.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Yardbomb posted:

You're going in the cell next to him buddy.

Fine by me, all I need is 5 minutes alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m7njvwB-Ks

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Diet Coke always tasted weird to me. Coke Zero is a godsend.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

AceOfFlames posted:

I sense a 10pg derail incoming, where I'm forced to get angry about how aspartame is totally innocuous

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

The new formula is more diet coke-like and less good. The original formulation was perfect.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

gently caress Diet Coke, Coke zero is the greatest

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I sense a 10pg derail incoming, where I'm forced to get angry about how aspartame is totally innocuous

Aspartame is innocuous, but it still tastes like rear end.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Here's my insane preferentials:

Regular coke on can or bottle but very rarely.

Diet Coke on bottle only.

Zero on can only.

Life on bottle only.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Fine by me, all I need is 5 minutes alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m7njvwB-Ks

One of their best songs

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Apparently Zero Sugar tastes closer to regular coke than zero did, so I don't know.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
All Coke is bad. Diet Pepsi or nothing. AMA

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

No problem. I was being stupid too. I love you!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

ozmunkeh posted:

All Coke is bad. Diet Pepsi or nothing. AMA

Diet Mt Dew but the principals the same.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Stop drinking corporate mind control juice

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Drinking soda is bad for you and we should all stop. So is smoking cigarettes. I'm just letting everyone know because I'm sure nobody here knew that already.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

gently caress SNEEP posted:

That's exactly what the fluoride pushers want you to think.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

gently caress SNEEP posted:

empty whippet box posted:

Drinking soda is bad for you and we should all stop. So is smoking cigarettes. I'm just letting everyone know because I'm sure nobody here knew that already.

Agreed. Stop drinking soda/pop it is so bad for you. Also you will lose weight.

I have been trying to quit smoking but I'm at the point where I am both terrified and accept that I will probably die with a cig in my mouth. I really want to quit though because I bet my kickboxing sessions would be twice as long.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

One time in AP Literature class our teacher asked us to role play a scene in Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment and everyone in class volunteered me to play the main character because apparently I looked Russian, except I didn't read the book at all. Pretty sure I gave this same exact response.

My point is, we have all been there. We have all been Donald Trump fumbling the "Who was Lincoln?" question.

Slowpoke! fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 2, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

empty whippet box posted:

Eh soda (unlike cigarettes) are fine to have as a treat once in a while.

My guilty pleasure is diet mt dew along side the victory burrito after working 4 12hr night shifts in a week.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

This is a masterpiece.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Try a nice, ice-cold Cheerwine. Nothing better than coming home after a long day and getting a nice cold Cheerwine.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Koalas March posted:

Agreed. Stop drinking soda/pop it is so bad for you. Also you will lose weight.

I have been trying to quit smoking but I'm at the point where I am both terrified and accept that I will probably die with a cig in my mouth. I really want to quit though because I bet my kickboxing sessions would be twice as long.

https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Carrs-Easy-Stop-Smoking/dp/0615482155

Whenever I have read this book I have quit smoking. Same with everyone I know. Give it a try.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 2, 2017

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

Zero on can only.

Life on bottle only.

:same: but I can't speak to Life and with the caveat that the old school coke bottles are preferable to everything.

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

Hecho En Mexico Coke or death.

Give me that sweet, sweet, real sugar.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

farraday posted:

I know this happened 400 years ago when our ancestors were laying the very first tubes for what would become the internet, but unsurprisingly the DOJ confirms no evidence Obama wiretapped Trump tower.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/904041394205057026

Wait... so what the gently caress was Devin Nunes on about?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Grapplejack posted:

Apparently Zero Sugar tastes closer to regular coke than zero did, so I don't know.

I can't tell a huge difference between new Zero and old Zero but after drinking Diet and then Zero for years the occasional full-sugar soda is pretty overwhelming.

That said, I like the "craft" cream/fruit soda fad even if it is hipster/yuppie as gently caress.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/904049309850710016

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gosh Glenn I'm sure this is such a surprise.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Chilichimp posted:

Have you ever seen that movie where the good guy heroes are hiding from bad guys, but then the comic relief character suddenly throws a big scene and distracts the guards and everybody's able to sneak away?

Yeah that is Devin Nunez - he's Jar Jar Binks and djt is his Anakin.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Night night Trump Thread II. I look forward to yet another day of fresh hell-news about the 45th President of the United States of America - Donald J Trump - and his unending blunders when I catch up with the 300+ posts tomorrow morning.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chilichimp posted:

I believe we've known for some time that he was just bullshitting about Susan Rice asking to "unmask" some names in a totally legal and part of her job manner. Which is why some on the right have been trying to make "unmasking" a scary thing and drag Rice into things as a distraction.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ozmunkeh posted:

All soda is bad.

Also Sessions can't commit suicide. Elf rules say if he kills himself he gets an ironic punishment of being forced to smoke weed and do other "black people" things forever.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It's gonna be weird watching him deteriorate more and more, as conservatives will continue to pretend they don't see it happening and that he's still a super genius strong daddy president. Reagan part 2, indeed.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Also Sessions can't commit suicide. Elf rules say if he kills himself he gets an ironic punishment of being forced to smoke weed and do other "black people" things forever.

NBC called. They are suing you for unauthorized leaking of the new The Good Place spinoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

BigglesSWE posted:

Zero on can only.

Life on bottle only.

I like Pepsi twist.

• Locked thread