Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

"vs"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

raditts posted:

Wow, I have no idea how this is possible but okay.

It takes 78,300 XP to get to level 10. I have only been playing Turf War so maybe ranked mode is a whole other thing. But wins in Turf War give you a max of 1400 XP. So even if you were amazing enough to win every single game and matchmake at maximum speed so you were getting ten wins every hour, it would still take you more than five hours to go from 1 to 10

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
September Chat Thread: closing in on the perfect squid/kid ratio

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It takes 78,300 XP to get to level 10. I have only been playing Turf War so maybe ranked mode is a whole other thing. But wins in Turf War give you a max of 1400 XP. So even if you were amazing enough to win every single game and matchmake at maximum speed so you were getting ten wins every hour, it would still take you more than five hours to go from 1 to 10

ranked gives more exp but is locked until level 10 lol
honestly it seems fair enough to me, maybe the one level gate that makes sense aside from locking away sniper rifles.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Zetsubou-san posted:

September Chat Thread: closing in on the perfect squid/kid ratio

0% kid
0% squid

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Palpek posted:

Lol what? Lawbreakers has leveling, microtransactions and lootboxes.

Edit: ah, you added the edit in the meantime

Yeah, I guess I must have heard that it was sort of a throwback to classic arena shooters and then my brain filled in that it didn't have lootboxes or levels.

Since it apparently does have all that I'm not really sure what the point of it is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

Fir the life of me, I'm having trouble really getting into Splatoon, which honestly surprised me. I didn't really get my fill on the original because I got distracted by other things but I always wanted to jump back in and give it a real try. Now that I have I'm just having trouble staying all that interested and I'm not even sure why. I like the concept and it feels good to play but I don't really like modes other than turf war all that much and even then I get kind of bored with it after not THAT much time. There are some concrete things I can say are bad about the game but nothing that's really a dealbreaker so I don't know why I just never really want to play it.

It happens

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Yeah, I guess I must have heard that it was sort of a throwback to classic arena shooters and then my brain filled in that it didn't have lootboxes or levels.

Since it apparently does have all that I'm not really sure what the point of it is.

But Cliffy B assured me it's not just like every other shooter on the market!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon mode tier list Rainmaker > Tower Control > Splat Zones > Salmon Run > Turf War

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://freeso.org/the-impossible/ well that's interesting

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Havin' fun with Nuclear Throne

Thanks for the rec, chat thread :thumbsup:

I choose to believe FTL takes place in the same universe

vermin fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 2, 2017

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

The first episode of the Life is Strange prequel turned out to be really good!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Played a couple hours of the Splatfest and finally got from level 9 to level 10. And just to show that this leveling is not because I'm somehow the worst player in the world, this is the game that put me over.

Still really fun! Think I'll try to get to Flight Champion before it's over

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

single player games ftw

Single player games are full of obnoxious loot and chest systems now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The poo poo that Shadow of War is pulling is really lame and makes me not want to play it. I know it's mostly separate from the main story like MGSV but eh

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Real hurthling! posted:

The trick with single player games is to just play the main storyline and only play sidequests up until the very second they start to feel grindy, at which point you drop them and go back to the main storyline and never look back.

I was doing some of the side stuff in the FF12 remake this evening then i hit a wall that Google says requires a few hours grinding to get past so i guess i'll never see that sidequest stuff and it's on to the end of the actual good game bit!

It's very freeing to make a conscious decision to never do boring busywork in SP video-games ever again.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The BK Kids Club, but it's SquidVid instead of KidVid

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The character at the beginning of Mario + Rabbids looks like kid vid

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

The BK Kids Club, but it's SquidVid instead of KidVid

Eels instead of Wheels
Jaws remains as-is

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

spudsbuckley posted:

The trick with single player games is to just play the main storyline and only play sidequests up until the very second they start to feel grindy

This is what I did with sleeping dogs and horizon recently and I'm a better person for it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo games ftw

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nintendo joined the season pass club. Buying keys to unlock kirby lootboxes is next

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's weird cuz they're doing it in reverse...all their single player stuff has season passes but their multiplayer only major releases have a bunch of free content added all the time

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Nintendo sells you parts of games that were chopped off from the main game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Is this a photoshop?

There's something off about this picture, just off enough that it makes me feel like it is a photoshop

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That looks pretty shopped. Must be the lighting.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's just how daylight photos with additional artificial soft lighitng look.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Should I give context for this or should I just leave this here, corn in the bible style :v:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
mods rename me hot foot hank

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Help Im Alive posted:

Nintendo games ftw

breath of the wild ftl

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What is Hank's relation to hot feet?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

What is Hank's relation to hot feet?

Ya ever stand on hot material?

I can tell you from personal experience, it ain't fun

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Whatever situation you're in, no matter how bad it is, no matter how quickly you need to get out of your home right then and there, always make sure to grab your shoes so you aren't stuck walking on freshly-tarred road on a hot, hot day

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

shoes (and socks) are for suckers

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This is an interesting thread

https://twitter.com/Gaohmee/status/903510060197744640

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

shoes (and socks) are for suckers

Your feet are gonna feel like suckers after they keep picking up all kinds of poo poo with the tar that gets stuck to the soles

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

RE4's item distribution has to be the prime example

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Should I give context for this or should I just leave this here, corn in the bible style :v:

Cool! I have been wondering what comes in that package. I signed up for a more extensive thing because I'm really interested in this style of storytelling. So far, it's been exceeding my expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FirstAidKite posted:

i mean it already has HANK on it like everything citb posts with user name input so just roll w it

• Locked thread