Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, someone's gotta balance out the living Gavle goat that is Lord British.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

OH poo poo. :suspense: Masamune's gone to attack Parad and Graphite
Edit: i don't follow much in the way of the Surgical compenent of medical dramas. (i get squicked out by surgery scenes) So all of this is just :words: to me BUT GO HIIRO, PERFORM SURGERY :magical: :suspense:
Edit: oh no. HE HAS MORE POWERS, AND HE'S GONNA MANAGE THE ENERGY ITEMS :magical:
Edit: Oh Jeeze :magical:
Edit: AND KUROTO AND KIRIYA ARE HERE :swoon: :allears:
Edit: this is really :suspense: but Man. SHIN DAN KUROTO Reviving Never gets old :allears:
Edit: "you must Sabotage that surgery" GODDAMNIT I ACTUALLY GASPED. (which might just be because drat that's a harsh way to kill someone) COME ON HIIRO I TRUST YOU, COME ON. DON'T LISTEN TO HIM :suspense:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 2, 2017

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Caphi posted:

What was that MMO where the devs intended some boss to be literally unbeatable and kept patching it to stop any tricks/exploits that succeeded at it?

There's been multiple ones of those.

Absolute Virtue (FFXI) had a super circuitous way to beat him that people couldn't figure out; he would use all of the classes 2 hour abilities, which did poo poo like make you invulnerable. The way to stop him from using them was to use them yourself, which is something you wouldn't ever really think about, meaning it took awhile to beat it; for years he was killed with patched glitches and AI bugs; this wasn't the intended way to beat him so they were patched out but it wasn't them trying to make him impossible, it was them trying to make people do it right.

Pandemonium Warden (FFXI) wasn't that hard at all; the 18 hour attempt came from people who didn't bring any DPS and just tried to Tank/Healer it to oblivion.

WildStar's first raid had a boss that, whenever it was killed, the devs would stealth buff it to make it harder to kill because they wanted it to be impossible because Wildstar's developers are morons.

Everquest 2, I think, had an NPC dragon that was non-hostile but had a health bar; if you attacked it it went hostile and it would oneshot you. like 90 players over 60 hours decided to try and kill it and it caused the server to crash when it got to 25% because that wasn't supposed to be happening.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

:suspense: goddamn i love this show. :magical:
Edit: loving Jeeze this show RAMPED the gently caress up out of the intensity this episode :suspense: Poor Poor Nico,And Emu good Lord i hope you're right.
Edit: HOLY poo poo :eyepop: DAN WENT FROM 94 LIVES TO 70 :magical: :suspense:
Edit: Emu sweetie, what were going to do if he'd said yes to actually doing that. :allears:
Edit: And Man stomping on a person's chest never gets easier to see even in a kid's show. also gives me flashbacks to JJBA again,though about Kira this time.
Edit: Man it's a good thing Inoue didn't write this show because i'm pretty sure Hiiro would probably have killed Taiga here
Edit: Good Job Hiiro :unsmith:
Edit: GODDAMNIT HE'S CRYING NOW TOO. :cripes: I CAN'T HANDLE THESE EMOTIONS
Edit: gently caress You Masamune. :frogout: :fuckoff: KICK HIS rear end YOU TWO :ssj: (also points to Masamune for FOLLOWING through on his threat)
Edit: Hiiro just called Masamune a cancer. Hell yeah it's on :hellyeah: :allears:
Edit: :hellyeah: A DOUBLE RIDER KICK :swoon:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 2, 2017

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Stallion Cabana posted:

Everquest 2, I think, had an NPC dragon that was non-hostile but had a health bar; if you attacked it it went hostile and it would oneshot you. like 90 players over 60 hours decided to try and kill it and it caused the server to crash when it got to 25% because that wasn't supposed to be happening.

That was Karaphym the Sleeper from the first EQ. The crash was the first attempt, I think; at some point they actually did it and a small amount of cinematic flavor text appeared and then stopped as soon as it started because the story hadn't been put in the game yet. Then mods showed up and started kicking everyone.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

:gbsmith: Poor Hiiro
Edit: and there's the rain again :cry:
Edit: And Taiga's gonna be okay :unsmith: (is there a Reverse :gbsmith: because i need one for times like these)
Edit: oh :cripes: i CAN'T HANDLE THESE EMOTIONS :qq:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 2, 2017

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Eventually Masamune would have brought back everything except her love of pastries, and to get that back he would have to slaughter the entire cast.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Craptacular! posted:

Eventually Masamune would have brought back everything except her love of pastries, and to get that back he would have to slaughter the entire cast.

:allears: it's so dickish it's beautiful, and is Exactly what would have happened

Edit: And time for episode 39. WHERE HOPEFULLY I WON'T BE SUCKER PUNCHED BY EMOTIONS. :argh:
Edit: And Kiriya's defenatly back in the OP now and it feels so right. :unsmith:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 2, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

M.Matsuda posted:

Edit: And time for episode 39. WHERE HOPEFULLY I WON'T BE SUCKER PUNCHED BY EMOTIONS. :argh:

ahahahahahahahaha

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Motto posted:

ahahahahahahahaha

:magical: oh no this does not bode well for me.
Edit: OH GODDAMNIT IT'S TITLED GOODBYE ME :cripes: (i've started skipping the previews obviously)
Edit: the audio just had Hiiro call Taiga his senpai :allears: :swoon: i've read enough fanfic :getin:
Edit: Hiiro just Thanked Taiga. (still not using his Name though. Damnit Hiiro :argh:)

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 2, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so here's a question

Reset would have un-deleted Saki's data, right?

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

TFRazorsaw posted:

so here's a question

that what i was thinking? this won't be confirmed?

edit: Oh man that bit with the time stopped leaves is super good. And ZA WARUDO! No longer works on Graphite :krad:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 2, 2017

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

(how do i delete posts :cripes:)

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 2, 2017

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

M.Matsuda posted:

(how do i delete posts :cripes:)
Put you faith in Dan Karuto!

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

And one break later because as my At the time of this posting Stupid Newbie Avatar implies. i Am a stupid newbie at this. :cripes:
And Oh jeeze Parad's getting Beat. Oh Jeeze :magical:
Edit: And now Parad's afraid of Dying too Oh Jeeze :suspense:
Edit: THAT IS ONE OF THOSE GIANT CIRCULAR SAWS :magical: JESUS CHRIST MASAMUNE CALM DOWN. EVEN DIO JUST STUCK TO KNIVES :magical:
Edit: AND THEM EMU OUT OF loving NOWHERE IN HYPER MUTEKI FORM :allears: :swoon:
Edit: FUCKER IS THREATING TO KILL EITHER PARAD OR NICO :magical: :stonk:
Edit: OH WAIT IT'S EVEN WORSE THAN THAT. TO SAVE NICO. HE'S MAKING THEM HAVE TO KILL THE FINAL BOSS. AND TO DO THAT THEY HAVE TO KILL PARAD AND GRAPHITE :magical: HE'S EVEN GIVEN EMU THE TOKIMEKI CRISIS GASHATROPHY FOR IT. :magical:
Edit: JESUS CHRIST WHO TOLD YUYA TAKAHASHI TO RAMP UP THE TENSION SO MUCH :magical:
Edit: KUROTO FOR TITS SAKE. YOUR DAD HAS THE MASTER GASHAT. WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER HOSTAGE. :bang:
Edit: :suspense: Also Poor Parad
Edit: I had to take a goddamn screen cap of this: i love you Ex-Aid :allears:
Edit: And Nico's apologized for being a jerk to Emu :gbsmith:
Edit: WAIT EMU WAS HIT BY A CAR?! THAT'S WHAT HIS FIRST SURGERY WAS FOR. JESUS :magical:
Edit: AND IT HAPPENED BECAUSE HIS GAME DISEASE ACTED UP :magical:
Edit: AW YEAH TIME TO FIGHT:krad:
Edit: :tviv: "there is no next time, you have to get the ending you deserve"
Edit: "Goodbye Parad" JESUS CHRIST EPISODE
Edit: JESUS THAT FINISHER.
Edit: loving JESUS
Edit: JESUS CHRIST THAT ENDING.
Edit: AND EPISODE 40. ONLY FIVE MORE TO GO. I'm gonna miss the hell out of this season. however i also look forward to watching Ultraman Nexus (and the likely pain it will cause me.), and eventually Kamen Rider OOO

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 2, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TFRazorsaw posted:

so here's a question

It did. The finale has Hiiro talking to a picture of her saying basically 'one day we'll save you.' and Emu calls her out by name in his list of the Lost that they are gonna work to save.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Ex-Aid was my first KR. The thing that surprises me is that there's very few "filler" episodes, and most of them appear at the start of the show (though the episodic victim stuff probably outlasts it's welcome by episode 20 or so). There's few episodes where the bad guy tries something, the heroes win, and if you missed the episode it's no big deal because none of the major arcs of the season were advanced in any way. Somebody's always trying to kill someone, seek out a new power, turn sides, betray a friend, etc in nearly every episode. While the struggle to create 45 episodes was definitely felt, the pacing and exposition dumps were evenly patted out to make each episode feel important, and none felt like the kind of "good guy uses the same finisher as always, then everyone throws a party" thing I'm so accustomed to.

So, before I get my hopes up, is KR often like that? My plan at the moment is Amazons next, followed by W, then some combination of OOO/Ryuki/Blade/Gaim.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

And so i return to yelling about EX-Aid and it's current status of punching me in genitals i was not born with, And in the heart :arghfist: :smith: Only five more. and i'll have Completed a Kamen Rider season for the first time.
Edit: And Masamune enters the start of the episode. SINGING AND HUMMING HIS drat INSERT SONG :allears:
Edit: And they've cornered him in a garden way to go guys.
Edit: Also going by that title it's time for Masamune to go even more JoJo.
Edit: in the world wide edition they'll be played by new actors huh. OH GOD HE'S MAKING MASKED RIDER

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 2, 2017

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Craptacular! posted:

So, before I get my hopes up, is KR often like that? My plan at the moment is Amazons next, followed by W, then some combination of OOO/Ryuki/Blade/Gaim.

Amazons is like that mostly due to the short episode count, but don't expect it in other series. Kamen Rider always has some filler episodes, though the amount and how well they're used and paced depends on the series itself.

For instance, in your list, you have OOO and Ryuki that suffer from Yasuko Kobayashi Syndrome (that is, material for great beginning and ending, with a very slow and boring middle) as well as Gaim whose beginning is not good but afterwards I don't remember it wasting the audience's time.

About Blade...is Blade even subbed correctly?

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Oh poo poo he took the belts And gashats. :munch:
Edit: And Emu still has MIGHTY BROTHERS. -HEY HE CAN STILL HENSHIN. AND PARAD'S HERE :swoon:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So kind of a shocking ending in Kyuranger this week...

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

For instance, in your list, you have OOO and Ryuki that suffer from Yasuko Kobayashi Syndrome (that is, material for great beginning and ending, with a very slow and boring middle) as well as Gaim whose beginning is not good but afterwards I don't remember it wasting the audience's time.

About Blade...is Blade even subbed correctly?

I like the middle of OOO and Ryuki, but I'm willing to admit OOO sags a bit in the 20's. Blade has the Turn Up Subs version, which is at least on decent quality video and not with 10 of the episodes in 16x3 aspect ratio.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Holy poo poo Emu :allears:
Edit: Masamune TOOK THE BELTS AND GASHATS. TO USE IN A BUSINESS DEAL :allears:
Edit: Shame Graphite never got to meet Bugermon :smith: CAUSE I'm PRETTY SURE HE WAS GONNA BE FINE BEFORE KUROTO STEPPED IN :argh:
Edit: keep trying Poppy. you were doing good.
Edit: THERE WERE BETTER WAYS PARAD. JUST PLAY SMASH BRO'S. OR TEKKEN. OR MARIO KART
Edit: this is a really good scene :munch:
Edit: And goddamn that got a bit artsy. -and honestly i don't see many western live action shows do this sort of thing show someone metaphorically swimming to reach out a hand to someone who is drowning metaphroically i like it. and i hope i managed to explain it well. :blush:
Edit: either way. TEAM UP :swoon:
Edit: you know i somehow didn't expect Masamune to take his big green clock EVERYWHERE with him
Edit: Well lets see if Emu can manage Co-Op with his Amiibo friend
Edit: the show actually used the phrase Co-Op here :allears: this is gonna be good :getin: :munch:
Edit: THEY SAID THE THING IN UNISON :allears:
Edit: Super Co-Op Play. i just This show man. i love it so much
Edit: TEAM WORK. ACTUAL GODDAMN TEAMWORK. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL
Edit: Parad Used Confusion! It was Super Effective! Enemy Chronus was Confused!.
Edit: This fight is so good you guys
Edit: :allears: :respek: :hellyeah: :krad: God drat

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 3, 2017

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Build is loving incredible.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

His Rider Kick literally attacks the monster with math.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Boy Ex-Aid. How come your mom let you have two final battles. also BITES ZA DUSTO
(And holy poo poo build sounds amazing)
Edit:Oh no. IT'S A MULTI TARGET VERSION OF BITES ZA DUSTO
Edit: Welp good luck dealing with this guys :munch:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 3, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There was more bike action in that episode than all of Ex-Aid I think.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Build lives in a loving fridge

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

I thought Build was airing sept 4th?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/noziken/ status/904123090753339392

Spaced because I don't wanna spoil the gif.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

And onto episode 41 i go. -AND special credits for the true ending movie i see. :woop:
I uh. didn't expect Johnny Maxima to be a movie character. i just thought it was Ex Aid being Ex Aid.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NESbot_feed/status/904126353322246144

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Based on the CM it looks like a 3D team fighter in the vein of stuff like Gundam VS or Dissidia.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Ex Aid Continues to be Ex Aid :allears: and goddamnit vr stopped being cool 20 years ago
Edit:Bye Johnny Maxima. See you in the movie :wave:
Edit: and i don't know Masamune. Capcom might be willing to help you with Chronicle, or EA, Or Bethesda.
Edit: :respek: I am so happy SOMEONE on this show learned Co-Op
Edit: :siren: HOLY poo poo NICO'S WEARING A GREEN COAT/SWEATER
Edit: Poppy is the Only one of these three nerds who's trying to keep dry in the rain. Oh Ex Aid :allears:
Edit: Dramnit Graphite :smith:
Edit: SHIN KUROTO DAN status: Still the best.
Edit: OH MY loving GOD. :allears:
Edit: I SAW THIS SCENE LINKED IN THE THREAD :swoon:. AND OH MY SWEET JESUS THE FULL THING AND CONTEXT IS EVEN BETTER :swoon: :allears:
Edit: and then Graphite pulled a "what you are in the dark" :gbsmith:
Edit: HE CALLED THEM HIS FRIENDS :cripes: I'M NOT READY FOR THESE EMOTIONS AGAIN :cry:
Edit: :sadwave: Graphite.. :smith:
Edit: Final Boss here we gooo! :gbsmith:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 3, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/hiduki_9/status/904128186547552256

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

YEAAAAAH :hellyeah: gently caress OFF MASAMUNE :fuckoff:
Edit: IT took you, AND EMU OVER an ENTIRE Night to think of A SAVE FEATURE. :cripes:
Edit: TIME FOR EPISODE 42.

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 3, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

first transformation

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what a sassy boy

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

Please let the entire show be this good :swoon:
Edit: And then Kiriya beat the poo poo out of Kuroto :allears: :swoon:
Edit: God Damnit Kiriya :allears:

M.Matsuda fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

hey howabout you give us a warning next time you post a video of some guy cranking it

• Locked thread