Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

If they don't give your entire party mechs this time around I'm going to be so pissed

I think they do http://gematsu.com/2017/08/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-divine-knight-battles

speaking of cold steel, d'you think you'll be able to transfer your save from the vita version to the ps4 one? I'd rebuy the game on ps4 to play a ng+ file

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Cold steel 3 isn't coming out on vita

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

Cold steel 3 isn't coming out on vita

yes I know, I'm talking about the ps4 version of the first game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They haven't said anything about save importing yet

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Policenaut posted:

I didn't buy the original and I have enough DRPGs on Vita and 3DS to last me a life time.

Demon Gaze is legit one of my favourite Dungeon crawlers.
if you ever have the itch to play a dungeon crawler. I'll even lend you my copy

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

They haven't said anything about save importing yet

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think they do http://gematsu.com/2017/08/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-divine-knight-battles

speaking of cold steel, d'you think you'll be able to transfer your save from the vita version to the ps4 one? I'd rebuy the game on ps4 to play a ng+ file

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ok well the game is out in 4 weeks and they haven't told anyone "hey don't throw your ps3 or vita away" so i think no

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hi Vita thread, is there any decent way of getting screenshots off my Vita? Is the best way to just copy them to a computer? It's kind of annoying that there's no Share functionality.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I send them to someone on my friends lists who hasn't been online for years and can get them into my phone from there via the PS Messages app, if you want them straight onto a PC though there's no real way of doing it other than plugging it in via USB.
I hope they never come back in line and see the weird screenshots I've been sending....

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

I send them to someone on my friends lists who hasn't been online for years and can get them into my phone from there via the PS Messages app, if you want them straight onto a PC though there's no real way of doing it other than plugging it in via USB.
I hope they never come back in line and see the weird screenshots I've been sending....

You can create a second psn account and send them effectively to yourself. In the off chance that your friend does come online again

Sefal fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Sep 1, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's probably the better way

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
You could email them to yourself. I'm pretty sure I've done that.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sakurazuka posted:

I send them to someone on my friends lists who hasn't been online for years and can get them into my phone from there via the PS Messages app,
lmao I think I'll use this method

I just want to post one to twitter or facebook or whatever, kind of a pain that you're limited to PSN Message or Email (which Gmail didn't like).

Thanks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

irlZaphod posted:

lmao I think I'll use this method

I just want to post one to twitter or facebook or whatever, kind of a pain that you're limited to PSN Message or Email (which Gmail didn't like).

Thanks.

Can't you post them to twitter? I used to do that (but the quality was worse than by PSN message).

I guess they since killed the app/api.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I think at one point you could just post them straight to the Facebook/Twitter app but now.... :(

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Just saw the big PAX sale go up.

How are the Parasite Eve games? Never played them before but was always sort of interested.

Also, has anyone played Collar X Malice (I missed a few pages) and is it good? I loved Code:Realize so I have a feeling that I'd probably enjoy it.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

SylvainMustach posted:

How are the Parasite Eve games? Never played them before but was always sort of interested.

Also, has anyone played Collar X Malice (I missed a few pages) and is it good? I loved Code:Realize so I have a feeling that I'd probably enjoy it.

Parasite Eve 1 is extremely good and one of the great PSX games of all time. The second one is controversial, and only In Training likes the last one.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The 3rd Birthday is a bad game.

How's the FF4 complete collection?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SylvainMustach posted:

The first one is like an action jrpg and it's very good.

The second one is a Resident Evil clone and it's also good if you're into that.

The third one is like an arcadey cover shooter and we don't talk about that one.

Why they are three completely different games I couldn't tell you. But they are completely different games.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

LibrarianCroaker posted:

How's the FF4 complete collection?

Great port if you don't mind the updated sprites.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I quite liked it. Pretty good for a PSP game. Surprisingly hard though.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I hear this a lot, and recently I decided to watch some gameplay videos since I've never played it. Honestly, it didn't look that bad.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

I hear this a lot, and recently I decided to watch some gameplay videos since I've never played it. Honestly, it didn't look that bad.

It seems to have gotten fine reviews and stuff. Anyway it's a perfectly decent PSP shooter/body switcher/bizarre creature fest. Gets a bit repetitive I suppose. Fantastic graphics for the PSP too. I think fans of the series may not have liked it because it wasn't what they expected.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't know much about the gameplay but I do know that people really hate the story and what it did to the main character of the previous games

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

It's problems mostly lie in the trappings it brings over as a game of it's series. It has the solid foundations of an interesting tactical shooter RPG but the Eve poo poo is a parasite corrupting what's good about it and dragging the whole experience into the muck.

The Eve poo poo is bad for both random folks and people who wanted a Parasite Eve game alike, so they suffer perhaps even worse then the rest of us do.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's a game where your clothes get shot off as you take damage until you run around in panties. You can make your own call.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I enjoyed it. Then again I never played the first two.

:shrug:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I enjoyed it. Then again I never played the first two.

:shrug:
It did to the main character what Other M did to Samus.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
So basically ignore that it's supposed to be a Parasite Eve game and enjoy the rest.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

The story is garbage. The gameplay is brought down hard by how few enemy types there are, and how little those enemies actually do.

I say this as someone who did not play PE1/2 before The 3rd Birthday. It's still bad.

LibrarianCroaker fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 3, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I hate that argument because it ignores the game is a milquetoast shooter where it's near impossible to die because of the body snatching business and where you automatically lock on to enemies and also your growth is tied to random bullshit not unlike retaining skills in old SMT demon fusion with tons of bullet spongy enemies while also having a nonsensical story that feels like each mission is a different draft of the overall plot probably because it is while also including the cringy as gently caress clothes destruction mechanic. It just also happens to completely destroy the character present in the old games. While also giving some weird pedo vibes because of it's garbage plot.

It's the worst thing Square has published, imo.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

The first one is like an action jrpg and it's very good.

The second one is a Resident Evil clone and it's also good if you're into that.

The third one is like an arcadey cover shooter and we don't talk about that one.

Why they are three completely different games I couldn't tell you. But they are completely different games.

Although Parasite Eve 2 has static camera similar to the RE series and tank controls, calling it a clone is far too reductive, as the gameplay is entirely different - both to the original game and to the RE series. It's a good game in its own right, but there is a lot of fighting. Also, the R2 button is very much needed (alternate shooting for most guns), so I'd recommend changing the shoulder Vita buttons to R1 and R2, as you don't use L1 or that much (or at all).

The 3rd Birthday is a solid game, but it's deliberately not a PE game (licensing rights), and most of the characters are new, and the treatment of old ones is interesting, to say the least. Also, you cannot run around in your pants (half of shredded jeans and half of shredded blouse/jacket), but the clothing damage is very much a system in the game, though it's related to your defence rating - the more shredded the clothes are, the more damage you take. It's also quite hard, and it can a bit repetitive (the weapon mods cost money, and you grind stats for better guns, but the levels go up slooooowly).

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 3, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3rd Birthday is a way better game than 2. 2 is criminally boring.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The bosses do suck though. Undoubtedly. Mind jacking aliens is badass and it's got a cool aesthetic. Also you can blow Ava's pants off BUT it has to be with explosives, it's like a risk reward mechanic. Your horniness negatively affects your defense.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spoderman posted:

Parasite Eve 1 is extremely good and one of the great PSX games of all time. The second one is controversial, and only In Training likes the last one.

:cheers:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
so, parasite eve 2. i know there was a third game, but did pe2 even end on a to-be-continued note to justify it?

wtf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

so, parasite eve 2. i know there was a third game, but did pe2 even end on a to-be-continued note to justify it?

It's like Lightning Returns where all the character designs are the same, but it's some alt history version of the original narrative and it has 0 relation to the previous games outside of using the same names for people. It's just a matrix ripoff except Neo is a sexy woman

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
finally, my one problem with the matrix corrected

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Hey thanks. That's some high praise. For 3 bux I Have no reason not to give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Parasite Eve 2 is a very good survival horror game and you also get to shoot stuff with assault rifles and poo poo