Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PJOmega posted:

Wow, you're singularly unpleasant and apparently illiterate. Go project your loust gameplay (and attitude) somewhere else.

You're the only one getting angry here. My point is you can't complain about your team inking blank areas in spawn at the end of the match because that means everyone, including you, neglected to do it.

Zoran posted:

That's what you do once you respawn—it's uncontested territory, so better to save it for a chance to build up special for free while you return to the fray.

Obviously but if they are always having people painting spawn at the end of the match that means nobody is doing it, including them. A lot of people just constantly super jump back to the battle, or only paint what is immediately in front of them. Its how you end up with a minute left and there's still a bunch of the base sloppily painted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

You're the only one getting angry here.

Your projection is tiresome. Ciao.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

PJOmega posted:

Your projection is tiresome. Ciao.

PJOmega posted:

I keep getting put on teams that are 300+ less than my score and it is utterly loving infuriating.

Uh huh, you're cool as a cucumber :geno:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I'm not mad you're mad I actually think it's funny

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

It me I'm the mad one
I'm mad because I have to read these lovely slapfight posts

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

I went 11-8 on my first splatfest on day like 3 of playing the game for team flight! :unsmith:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

It's just Turf War, do whatever! I'm of the type that pushes the middle ASAP to murk dudes, but if I gently caress up, I punish myself by inking home base if need be.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Jade Mage posted:

I went 11-8 on my first splatfest on day like 3 of playing the game

Congratulations, that's awesome. Good for-

quote:

for team flight! :unsmith:

Booooooooo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

My strat in turf is to try to behind the enemy team and ink their side of the map.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My strat in turf is to just use the sploosh-o-matic because mashing with the brushes gets tiresome after a dozen or so matches.

I wish I could find more shooters I enjoy than just the dapple dualies and sploosher. I like close range weapons but can't think of any other shooters that qualify.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I fell in love with the Splattershot Jr. again during this Splatfest. Really good turf coverage, and it has the same killing power as the N-Zap. The kit on the starting version is good too. Splat Bombs are always a great sub to have, and it has 180 point Ink Armors (I think that's currently the cheapest version of that special available.) Really the only negative is the range on the main gun. It's pretty much a close range gun only, and that makes it real difficult to use. Ran Tenacity with Special Charge Up in all the other slots. Just being able to spam Ink Armors really helped my teams out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Internet Kraken posted:

My strat in turf is to just use the sploosh-o-matic because mashing with the brushes gets tiresome after a dozen or so matches.

I wish I could find more shooters I enjoy than just the dapple dualies and sploosher. I like close range weapons but can't think of any other shooters that qualify.

You can't go wrong with the Krak-On Roller. Just gotta learn to aim the vertical fling and you can do some real damage with it. Nevermind setting Beakons and using the Baller to continue inking everywhere.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
My strat in turf wars is to pull up the map and sigh.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can't go wrong with the Krak-On Roller. Just gotta learn to aim the vertical fling and you can do some real damage with it. Nevermind setting Beakons and using the Baller to continue inking everywhere.

Wasn't counting rollers. Inking turf is annoying to me with them. If you're just charging through enemy ink its satisfying but turfing your own spawn and cleaning up all the gaps with a roller is kind of annoying. I have been using them more though; I got to super fresh with the carbon roller cause its the closest thing to a third brush, and I'm working on the splat roller. Its actually surprisingly fun to use it because it combos so well with the curling bomb.

I was wondering how the krak-on roller even works without an offensive sub to combo with it. I guess it makes sense that you have to lean hard on the vertical fling.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm a big fan of the Splattershot and kinda wish Splatoon had the Overwatch arena thing where it was 4 on 4 all X weapon just to see what matches would look like with all splattershots or all chargers

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

My strat in turf is to try to behind the enemy team and ink their side of the map.

I find that to be pretty ineffective until the last 30-40 seconds. You're closer to spawn, your ink is easy to cover up, and their spawns will wear you down with significantly less travel time. Then again, for the most part that's what really matters for Turf War, those last 30 seconds. In my experience it's a way to build a lot of special quickly, but it never feels like it has much of an impact on the fight. And you're at risk of dying and losing most of that special.

I'll never be annoyed by seeing a teammate deep in enemy territory. At the very least it'll delay them. It does get annoying being that player and having everyone suoerjump to me. If you're in the enemy safe zone you're fighting on borrowed time. You can't do what you need to do (paint, move, harass) and keep a super jump point secure so they don't get instagibbed on landing.

Alternatively, if someone is pinging you for incoming super jump, don't dive into a bad fight! Stay back, and keep the point they're going to jump to back from the fight line.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

PJOmega posted:

I find that to be pretty ineffective until the last 30-40 seconds. You're closer to spawn, your ink is easy to cover up, and their spawns will wear you down with significantly less travel time. Then again, for the most part that's what really matters for Turf War, those last 30 seconds. In my experience it's a way to build a lot of special quickly, but it never feels like it has much of an impact on the fight. And you're at risk of dying and losing most of that special.

Not to mention you just gave the enemy a ton of new ink to spray, thus giving THEM more special meter, except they'll be in a defensive and thus more advantageous position to use it. Cutting behind enemy lines in turf war is only worth it if you can consistently come at an enemy from behind to kill them shortly after they spawn. Otherwise don't bother, and instead work on holding your team's frontline and advancing that frontline forwards.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish there was a Please Don't! button, like a polite opposite of This Way! to use to deter people Super jumping to you because that's a rough feeling, I've known for like 5 seconds this is an unwinnable, unshakable scenario but they won't be able to tell just looking at the mini map.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
We have two spots on the d-pad for other lines. Not sure why Nintendo doesn't use them.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

In Training posted:

I wish there was a Please Don't! button, like a polite opposite of This Way! to use to deter people Super jumping to you because that's a rough feeling, I've known for like 5 seconds this is an unwinnable, unshakable scenario but they won't be able to tell just looking at the mini map.

The best I can do is spamming "Ouch!" to at least warn them of what they're getting into.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sturgeon shipyard I find it really hard to win some matchups if you don't rush the center because of how much high ground you cede - a lot of turf war comps just get trapped in their base on that one. I think that's the only map where I care what my team does before the last minute.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I'd like it if Booyah! was on the up button. I always seem to manage to click the up button when pulling down on the joystick on my joycons which means I'm sitting there spamming "This way!" while I'm trying to run away.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

The best I can do is spamming "Ouch!" to at least warn them of what they're getting into.

At this point I hit Ouch reflexively every time I die just to ping the map for enemies, but there's times where a preemptive warning can help. It's a matter of seconds but when games are 3 minutes long that's life or death

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

20 - 9 and about 5 of them were disconnects, and the for the last stretch I was playing in portable mode in a public park because I needed to leave the house for reasons.

Peaked at 2169, probably could have gotten 2200 if it wasnt for disconnects.

Aerospray gold was a lot of fun, how does this weapon do in ranked? I would imagine its a decent splat zones weapon at least.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Internet Kraken posted:

Wasn't counting rollers. Inking turf is annoying to me with them. If you're just charging through enemy ink its satisfying but turfing your own spawn and cleaning up all the gaps with a roller is kind of annoying. I have been using them more though; I got to super fresh with the carbon roller cause its the closest thing to a third brush, and I'm working on the splat roller. Its actually surprisingly fun to use it because it combos so well with the curling bomb.

I was wondering how the krak-on roller even works without an offensive sub to combo with it. I guess it makes sense that you have to lean hard on the vertical fling.

You don't need an offensive sub with it. Drop Beakons as you go in sneaky corners, and they more than likely go untouched by the other team. Bounce back, drop a fresh one and hide to recharge your Ink, then continue inking from where you got splatted :ninja:.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

So it's been 2 hours with no results. Did something happen?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Night Blade posted:

So it's been 2 hours with no results. Did something happen?
North Korea nuked lil' Jud's house.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Results are being combined with Europe's, so we'll be waiting on those for a while.

Also, Rapid Blaster in this Salmon Run. :swoon:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Hmm, so this Splatfest has combined results? Nintendo are oddly indecisive sometimes. Should have warned us beforehand.

Except the prelaunch Splatfest had the same exact thing with Japan having their own theme. I wonder what's the logic behind it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

This Salmon Run setup is awesome. The Rapid Blaster is just really great in general (and is far far better than the Clash Blaster.) It utterly destroys Mothership waves.

The only weak link is probably the Sloshing Machine, since it's essentially a Rapid Blaster without the good firing rate and AOE.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Supercar Gautier posted:

If you give fanartists an inch of neckline, they can and will draw a mile of massive highly-defined cleavage.

Yes but you can literally give a woman a concave chest and they'll still do that.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

This setup is amazing. That 2nd wave was actually a Glowflies wave, which is also a complete and utter joke due to the sheer amount of firepower your team has.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Fetus posted:

This setup is amazing. That 2nd wave was actually a Glowflies wave, which is also a complete and utter joke due to the sheer amount of firepower your team has.

Minor sidenote, but the Brella is now my second-favourite weapon in a Glowflies wave, behind a (non-Carbon) Roller. Just fire off the Brella and watch it murder everything down the line :allears:.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Brella is amazing in SR, it would be very good even with the shot only, because it has great combination of damage, spread, area and number of bullets for taking out both trash and bosses. And then it has the projectile as bonus.
Did anyone test if the shield protects you from enemy attacks?

pech
Jul 19, 2004

I can't see the forge splattershot pro in sheldons shop. I've been able to buy every other special release weapon no problem. Did the offer expire or is it because I'm level 18?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

pech posted:

I can't see the forge splattershot pro in sheldons shop. I've been able to buy every other special release weapon no problem. Did the offer expire or is it because I'm level 18?

The weapons added in patches still have a level requirement so you're probably just not meeting it.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

throw to first drat IT posted:

Did anyone test if the shield protects you from enemy attacks?

yea it does but a bit situational, a steelhead bomb or scrapper ram is enough to break it, great to have it out when theres smallfry chomping at your ankles though

pech
Jul 19, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

The weapons added in patches still have a level requirement so you're probably just not meeting it.

Thanks! I just assumed they were available to all levels. My bad

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

pech posted:

Thanks! I just assumed they were available to all levels. My bad

Sheldon will tell you explicitly when you're eligible to a weapon. Even the ones patched in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Explicitly, extensively and exhaustively