Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

It's believed that the nuke tested had a megaton yield. The 5.6 Richter scale was from the prior test last year.

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/904193646131421184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

This is old but its new to me and I think it should be in the OP of every future Trump thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ux_JVR1KI&t=14s

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BlueberryCanary posted:

Christ, just when we thought it was over.

I know in the past he promised retaliation if NK tested another bomb, but I pray to God that Kelly and Mattis have Trump restrained on that matter.

We will find out in the next few days.

Peace hangs on Fox and Friends continuing to rail against Hillary's Emails as they maintain their head in the ground approach to current reality.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Fox and friends doesn't air on Sunday right?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It doesn't have to be a H-Bomb for a bigger yield. It could be a boosted fission device which is easier to do and is a step towards a full fat H-Bomb. It might be even simpler with a Neutron Zipper which adds more neutrons to the initial chain again boosting the yield.

marshmonkey posted:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/01/opinion/civil-rights-protest-resistance.html

Waiting for a Perfect Protest?

"The reality — which is underdiscussed but essential to an understanding of our current situation — is that the civil rights work of Dr. King and other leaders was loudly opposed by overt racists and quietly sabotaged by cautious moderates. We believe that current moderates sincerely want to condemn racism and to see an end to its effects. The problem is that this desire is outweighed by the comfort of their current circumstances and a perception of themselves as above some of the messy implications of fighting for liberation. This is nothing new. In fact, Dr. King’s 1963 “Letter From Birmingham Jail” is as relevant today as it was then. He wrote in part:"

quote:

I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizens Councilor or the Ku Klux Klanner but the white moderate who is more devoted to order than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says, “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can’t agree with your methods of direct action.

This needs to be thrown like a brick through a window everytime some idiot comes in crying about non-violence protests.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

The Glumslinger posted:

I was talking to a co-worker and he had an interesting idea about the original Comey memo

Where the hell did Mueller get it? As far as I know, he hasn't supeanoed docs from the WH yet? Was it in an RNC server or did they find it from Manafort?

I have been wondering about this for a long time, and the obvious answer is that someone, or multiple someones, are working for Mueller at this point.
Anytime you have a conspiracy that is falling apart, someone is going to start talking.
It will be interesting, two years from now or whenever, to realize that Steven Miller was the hero all along.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/904196769663287300

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Kim has launched the first strike we should follow up ASAP before they can shell Seoul

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please stop irradiating your own country North Korea. If you insist on atmospheric testing drop it out of a plane to minimise the fallout, it's not like people is not going to know you detonated a nuke, thxkbye.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This loving sucks. Russia and China have really hosed things up, who the gently caress knows what the knock on is going to be from this.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Lol you guys

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Someone should tell Donnie the Russian were pussies and went with only 50 Megas instead of the planned 100.

Make Merican Nukes Great Again.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Not sure how I'm going to feel if Un is the one who ends up personally vaporizing NK.

Pretty loving awful, I guess.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I can't fukkin wait to die

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

WATCH TRUMP START A loving WAR

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

glowing-fish posted:

I have been wondering about this for a long time, and the obvious answer is that someone, or multiple someones, are working for Mueller at this point.
Anytime you have a conspiracy that is falling apart, someone is going to start talking.
It will be interesting, two years from now or whenever, to realize that Steven Miller was the hero all along.

Trump suddenly performing the mythic pivot is more likely than Steven Miller being a hero.

More likely it's the various factions of backstabbing rear end in a top hat idiots of the White House trying to gently caress over their competing factions by leaking things to Mueller. Plus Trump has been churning through people at around one or so a week, which makes angry retaliatory leaking designed to hurt the orange buffoon you ruined your reputation for statistically more likely to be happening every single week.

Which is leaving aside the fact that all these goddamn idiots appear to have created and kept multiple document sources of their various deeds which themselves keep turning up through records requests, leaks to the press, and bouts of idiotic self owning.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

WATCH TRUMP START A loving WAR

And this is how I die. Not by my own vices, but because of the stupid rich assholes that run the world

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/11/china-pledges-neutrality-unless-us-strikes-north-korea-first.html

China claimed they'd stay neutral unless US strikes first.

this is the perfect opportunity- we can say that Kim launched the first nuclear strike on NK and we are merely responding... we could level the country before they have a chance to shell Seoul

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Young Freud posted:

Given the range of the latest North Korean ICBMs, an EMP attack, even if it's effects are temporary, who still be devastating if it detonated over the West Coast. With everything practically running through Silicon Valley nowadays thanks to Google and Apple (and Microsoft in the PNW), even a minor disruption would wreck havoc.

Isn't it crazy that all of our data goes through data centers that are all located in the headquarters of tech companies? Oh wait, that's not how it works at all.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I saw Close Encounters of the Third Kind in the theatre today and it made me really angry about our Clown-in-Chief.

brockan
Mar 9, 2014
https://twitter.com/willripleyCNN/status/904205885798440960

I wonder if this is at all referencing the multiple phone calls between Trump and Abe in the past few weeks. Abe did mention that he "couldn't talk" about what went on during the second last phone call.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Who's going to wake up trump for this... Naw, they'll let him sleep.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gyges posted:

Trump suddenly performing the mythic pivot is more likely than Steven Miller being a hero.

More likely it's the various factions of backstabbing rear end in a top hat idiots of the White House trying to gently caress over their competing factions by leaking things to Mueller. Plus Trump has been churning through people at around one or so a week, which makes angry retaliatory leaking designed to hurt the orange buffoon you ruined your reputation for statistically more likely to be happening every single week.

Which is leaving aside the fact that all these goddamn idiots appear to have created and kept multiple document sources of their various deeds which themselves keep turning up through records requests, leaks to the press, and bouts of idiotic self owning.

The Microsoft White House organizational chart.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Do you guys think Trump could name five non-living presidents that aren't on money?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Do you guys think Trump could name five non-living presidents that aren't on money?

Nixon.

If only for something to aspire to. Without the getting caught part.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't think he has handled physical cash in such a long time that he knows what it looks like.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/904209675628855296

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Do you guys think Trump could name five elements on the periodic table?

This is actually what's on my mind

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Reagan maybe? He's a rotting corpse.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Wonder what the gangam style guy thinks

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So much for Kim respecting The Donald lol

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Mustached Demon posted:

Reagan maybe? He's a rotting corpse.

They've said Andrew Jackson a billion times to him but he's on money.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fansy posted:

Wonder what the gangam style guy thinks

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Crazy Ted posted:

So much for Kim respecting The Donald lol

For decades these people have drunk deeply of the waters of the US is going to kill us and they have finally been delivered a President dumb enough to antagonize them into overdrive.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Crabtree posted:

For decades these people have drunk deeply of the waters of the US is going to kill us and they have finally been delivered a President dumb enough to antagonize them into overdrive.
Only instead The Donald is going to weaken the alliance with South Korea while saying "Eh whatever"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I don't want to die, but honestly, I think I'm OK with the end of the world. Never thought I'd ever find myself saying something like that, but recent events have left me utterly defeated. I don't want to sound like one of the "sadbrains", but we've reached a point in this country where Nazis march down American streets, and people who protest against them are labeled domestic terrorists. I'm just sick to death of this broken world and I wouldn't mind seeing it bathed in cleansing nuclear hellfire. Just make the end for me as quick and painless as possible.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I don't want to die, but honestly, I think I'm OK with the end of the world. Never thought I'd ever find myself saying something like that, but recent events have left me utterly defeated. I don't want to sound like one of the "sadbrains", but we've reached a point in this country where Nazis march down American streets, and people who protest against them are labeled domestic terrorists. I'm just sick to death of this broken world and I wouldn't mind seeing it bathed in cleansing nuclear hellfire. Just make the end for me as quick and painless as possible.

I'm not OK with the end of the world mainly because I don't want my last moments of life being "and the racist capitalist system called Antifa terrorists as the Nazi president ushers in the Nuclear Apocalypse." We also have to remember that these Nazis are often outnumbered and chased out in almost all other rallies, we're not the minority and the Nazis have not beaten us.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Sep 3, 2017

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Annointed posted:

I'm not OK with the end of the world mainly because I don't want my last moments of life being "and the racist capitalist system called Antifa terrorists as the Nazi president ushers in the Nuclear Apocalypse." We also have to remember that these Nazis are often outnumbered and chased out in almost all other rallies, we're not the minority and the Nazis have not beaten us.

Good point. I needed to hear that. Thanks.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If North Korea does the same thing that Pakistan, India, France and the U.K. did we must destroy them no matter the human cost.

Which is why George W Bush destroyed Pyongyang in 2006.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

lmao apparently the test was done in a lovely bunker; the reason it's 0 level is because the bunker loving collapsed

There's a good chance NK just irradiated half of the sea of japan.

Trabisnikof posted:

If North Korea does the same thing that Pakistan, India, France and the U.K. did we must destroy them no matter the human cost.

Which is why George W Bush destroyed Pyongyang in 2006.

Yeah, turns out Clinton / Bush / Obama failed by pushing this off for so long.

• Locked thread