Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Voltin Bolt posted:

They're insect-sized unless you're supposed to care about them, in which case they're person-sized.

The same goes for rodents.

Imagine how gross a firefly that large would look in real life. Still might be preferable to that terrible chimera baby in the current strips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Slammy posted:

Mr. Tweedy (August, 1970, click for big)

What's a Henway?

The Classic Dinette Set receives a financial windfall.

Working Daze is a recipe for disaster.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix forgot all about that.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
I don't hate US Acres. It's definitely aimed at babychildren, and starting the comic with a story arc is weird, but as I recall it's cutesy and inoffensive once the daily gag strips start.

Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

random Viivi & Wagner

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Evil Mastermind posted:

What's a Henway?

A couple of pounds.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
Edit: whoops, posted yesterday's strips by mistake. Here's today's:

King Aroo (April 9, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (January 24, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (February 22, 1924)

Lil' Abner (October 22, 1937)

Barney Google (February 23, 1923)

Alley Oop (May 25, 1934)

treasureplane fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Sep 3, 2017

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Howard Beale posted:

A couple of pounds.

:rimshot:

Thank you, we're here all week!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
You posted the same King Aroo as yesterdays!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Team Evans still thinks colleges ring bells to dismiss classes. I wonder if this place has tardy bells as well.

ETA: We're supposed to see her leaving at the bell as a sign of Irreparable Evil, but seriously. They finished their lab. Who on Earth would stick around (other than Luann) and why?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

ETA: We're supposed to see her leaving at the bell as a sign of Irreparable Evil, but seriously. They finished their lab. Who on Earth would stick around (other than Luann) and why?

Hell in my lab courses they'd get pissed off if you were still doing your experiment when it was over. You had to have your writeup of what happened already finished.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
lmao viivi and wagner rocks

edit: What the gently caress? A pleasant Intelligent Life? They can't possibly keep that up.

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 3, 2017

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Voltin Bolt posted:

I've read every single page of that garbage, ask me anything about horrible animal society :shrug:

why would you do this to yourself?!?!

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.

Johnny Aztec posted:

You posted the same King Aroo as yesterdays!

Sorry about that. Fixed the post.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Julet Esqu posted:

Team Evans still thinks colleges ring bells to dismiss classes. I wonder if this place has tardy bells as well.

That, or it's just yet more of Luann being baffled when people are friendly and outgoing instead of cliqueish and spiteful.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

what the gently caress kind of 101 lab hands you toxic chemicals, has you test a mixture for weight, and lets you get away without doing cleanup?

how the gently caress is it worse to mix two toxic chemicals than to have them separate, are they matter and antimatter?

what the gently caress does this have to do with biology

I know all kinds of terrible stuff could happen if you mix "two chemicals" but you know what I mean

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Strontium posted:

I don't hate US Acres. It's definitely aimed at babychildren, and starting the comic with a story arc is weird, but as I recall it's cutesy and inoffensive once the daily gag strips start.

Intelligent Life

I fixed this one because it's 5am and my brain said "yea let's do that"

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Haifisch posted:

2002 Spiderman

Heh, “I can’t let them know Spider-Man was here. Now, to shoot webbing all over the place, they’ll never know it was me!”

(And yes, I know his webbing dissolves/evaporates after a while, but he knew the police were already on the way.)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Look, I'm the guy who's been posting old Garfield strips for a while (and I've generally come around to liking them), and I think U.S. Acres is really loving bad. I'm willing to accept the idea of it getting better, just as I am with any comic, but phew.

At least it's not as bad as that phone booth thing ooshdakdoosh was posting before.

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (January 15, 1996)

Garfield Classic (January 14-15, 1986)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Good Listener posted:

I fixed this one because it's 5am and my brain said "yea let's do that"

This was a good edit.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Pastry of the Year posted:

Garfield Classic (January 14-15, 1986)

poo poo, I laughed at Garfield.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

"Too late" as in, I assume, before she allows this despicable cad to deflower her.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

"Come on can we just come back to this 'adopting a dying woman's child' thing later? We need to get a move on here!"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Flash Gordon December 1955

Oh good they needed some decorating tips so Dale can contribute again.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That teacher "character" offends me.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

This one pisses me the gently caress off and is really offensive. No, teachers do not like buying new supplies for all the kids in their class. In a class of 30 kids, even if you spend only $10 on new supplies for each kid, that's $300 they're eating. No, they most likely won't get reimbursed. That's easily a student loan payment on an already low salary.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also she's presumably a 20-something year old who dresses like a loving quaker

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Look at all those happy white children.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dang son, what have you got against Africa?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BC

Phoebe and her Unicorn

Baldo

Wiz of Id

Big Nate

Curtis

Baby Blues

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

goatface posted:

Dang son, what have you got against Africa?

a meteor, apparently

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Admittedly, an impactor that size would probably layer the whole planet in a few km of new surface layer making the impact site irrelevant.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Just make everything white and the world would be a better place, so says Gilchrist.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Just make everything white and the world would be a better place, so says Gilchrist.

Sluggo and Nancy would be really comfortable in Rose is rose's school. All white all the time AND the teacher dresses like a schoolmarm from the 40's

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2002 Spiderman

The Amazing Mole Man

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
U.S. Acres

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

someone awful. posted:

why would you do this to yourself?!?!
What, you've never hate-read 22 years worth of comic strips? I really don't recommend it.

I still remember this was the first one I ever saw, and it was so loving incomprehensible that I had to know the context for it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Voltin Bolt posted:

What, you've never hate-read 22 years worth of comic strips? I really don't recommend it.

I still remember this was the first one I ever saw, and it was so loving incomprehensible that I had to know the context for it.

...Has Holbrook's style changed at all in the past fifteen years? Even one bit?

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

Mikl posted:

...Has Holbrook's style changed at all in the past fifteen years? Even one bit?
No, it has not. He's been drawing daily comics since 1982, so the art style is almost certainly a result of quantity over quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Okay okay I have a question about the animal people.

How the gently caress do wolves and rabbits make a baby? How did the bat and porcupine make their abomination?

I hate-read Harbourmaster but at least that doesn't have prey being the bad people for not wanting to be eaten.

• Locked thread