Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Evitron/status/903675384914432001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

The US equivalent is 'Omar Coming! Monthly.'

it is very important to know if Omar Coming, you know

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's a customer survey you can take for Yakuza Kiwami, and one of the answers for "Why did you buy Yakuza Kiwami?" is "Majima! He's everywhere!"

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I'm not sure I want to see the "I'm so hosed up" scene from this :magical:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My life rn

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

also from the same guy

https://twitter.com/Azuregaia/status/900675621357047808

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What... what puzzle did he solve

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

This made me laugh harder than it should.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Love the side joke that Link ate poo poo.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Heath posted:

lol if you aren't side eyeing every bush you see in a zelda game

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Heath posted:

He found the clitoris.

CommissarMega posted:

I'm not sure I want to see the "I'm so hosed up" scene from this :magical:

Shinji replaced with a Controller or a Bloodsucker.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ramos posted:

Love the side joke that Link ate poo poo.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Heath posted:

He hit a bush with his sword

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Read right-to-left

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Was I the only one who despised both intruders into the valley and wanted an ending where you could kick out/kill both of them + the Salt-on-wounds tribe?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its been ages since I played it but wasn't the guy opposite the Burned Man (Daniel? gently caress I can't remember his name at all) all about preserving the tribe's way of life? Which was the entire reason he thought the Sorrows had to move; if they didn't, they would be taking up arms against other humans, which they had never done. Basically there wasn't any reason to object to his presence unless you think any contact with the tribes is a problem, in which case why did your character go to Zion in the first place?

Also I thought New Vegas let you kill every NPC other than Yes Man anyways so was there anything stopping you form just blowing both their brains out?

Internet Kraken has a new favorite as of 08:36 on Sep 3, 2017

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Well, besides that Graham is a ridiculously tough mad mormon mumy, iirc.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Daniel is an idiot loser who treats the tribe like children and only wants to evacuate the valley to make up for his past percieved sins of letting his mormon town get wrecked and his own personal salvation. Taking his path ends up with most of the tribe dead, struggling to survive and easy prey for more tribes outside Zion valley.

Joshua Graham teaches them to fight and the Courier has the opportunity to temper his brutality with honor and mercy.

There's a bunch of side material about 'the Survivalist' that the tribe worships as the Father in the Caves that protected children who they descended from. And in one of his journal entries he wishes them to live in peace but if they are in trouble they should strike foes with righteous fury. The words of the tribes own Father and God, giving his blessings to the tribe,Josh Graham and the Courier striking back at the Whitelegs. :catholic: :black101:

Heck, even when you take the evacuation path there are plenty of tribe members that scatter around to try and fight back on their own for their homes and sacred sites.

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 09:28 on Sep 3, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Samovar posted:

Was I the only one who despised both intruders into the valley and wanted an ending where you could kick out/kill both of them + the Salt-on-wounds tribe?

If you attack Follows-Chalk when he first shows up, but before he starts talking to you, everyone goes hostile and you can shoot them. It's pretty tough, but feels great (especially with Sneering Imperialist).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I hit a bug where the scripting failed the moment I stepped in, NPCs died everywhere and I just walked out the other end while the narrator told me about the exploits of some guy I never met.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, I've played and replayed NV a lot of times, tried to do as many quest resolutions as differently in my playthroughs as possible, but I've always sided with Joshua, and because of that never sided with Caesar. Honestly, if I could hand over the Mojave to Joshua and/or the Kings, that would be my personal Golden Ending™.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

If you attack Follows-Chalk when he first shows up, but before he starts talking to you, everyone goes hostile and you can shoot them. It's pretty tough, but feels great (especially with Sneering Imperialist).

There was actually a problem where players kept shooting Follow-Chalk before he got to talk to them, since he's first scripted to appear right behind and kill a White Legs gunner probably about when you're firing on them and looks a lot like them from a distance.

The final builds had Follows-Chalk tagged as unkillable until you get to the scripted dialogue, but somehow that didn't make it through Bethesda's excuse for QA.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

MariusLecter posted:

Daniel is an idiot loser who treats the tribe like children and only wants to evacuate the valley to make up for his past percieved sins of letting his mormon town get wrecked and his own personal salvation. Taking his path ends up with most of the tribe dead, struggling to survive and easy prey for more tribes outside Zion valley.

It's been a while since I played, but as I recall if you take the evacuation option they end up just fine in their new home and develop a friendly relationship with the Dead Horses. Whereas if you chose to fight the two tribes eventually become enemies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

If you choose to fight the Sorrows become more like the other tribes and find themselves at conflict with the Dead Horses on occasion, but it doesn't seem to imply outright war, Daniel is just heartbroken they're not sweet pacifist forgiving children anymore. In either route, Waking Cloud may end up marrying a Dead Horses tribesman, who stays close to home on her request.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Honest Hearts' story was not handled well. Part of it was their attempts to reduce the "White man's burden" level totally failed (The Sorrows and Dead Horses were supposed to be more racially diverse and Daniel was supposed to be Asian) but mostly it just feels rushed and not thought out- Daniel and Joshua are the two opposing view points and they never even speak to each other. Maybe Daniel could lay out the case that it won't be just this one battle, the White Legs will keep coming and the Sorrows will have to keep fighting and dying, turning Zion into a battlefield, and end on a hopeful note that if the Legion is broken some day the Sorrows could return.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Tbh it's pretty ridiculous how this tribe just goes along with whatever some nobody who stumbled into their valley a week ago tells them to do. Not really surprising that Daniel treats them like children, when they can't even decide these things for themselves.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
How does that make them any different from 99.9% of people in all RPGs?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Dragonwagon posted:

Tbh it's pretty ridiculous how this tribe just goes along with whatever some nobody who stumbled into their valley a week ago tells them to do. Not really surprising that Daniel treats them like children, when they can't even decide these things for themselves.

What's truly ridiculous is the farcical supposition that the Sorrows have to do ANYTHING to have the White Legs be driven out, as if the Courier and Joshua can't sleepwalk through the entire tribe and kill Salt-Upon-Wounds without help.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
This was a bitch to find, on account of Shiftylook spontaneously deleting itself a few years ago.

There's all kinds of awesome Dig Dug poo poo that they suddenly and inexplicably pulled.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
Shiftylook was fantastic but it turns out financing people to make webcomics and cartoons for games no one gives a poo poo about isn't exactly a good business decision

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I dunno, seems to be working out okay for Patreon. I guess the secret is to position yourself as a rent-seeking middleman instead of financing it yourself.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

There's a continuation of this if anyone is interested:

Part 3

Part 4

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well blow me down if that isn't one of the cutest things :3:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp