Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Maybe they should stop doing podium anthems so we aren't subjected to whatever growths lewis has on his head.
At this point it's become some sort of weapon against my sensibilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

dan gets DOTD

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

i don't typically watch american motorsports so who IS gene haas? i mean i'm aware of his teams but is the man a flavio briatore? a ron dennis? some sort of lunatic?

A man confused by racing series that turn in more than one direction during a race, apparently.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
if vettel wasn't on the podium the tifosi would be chipping away at the support columns with pickaxes

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

they're saying louuuuuuuuuis

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

dan gets DOTD

:dong: of the day

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

i don't typically watch american motorsports so who IS gene haas? i mean i'm aware of his teams but is the man a flavio briatore? a ron dennis? some sort of lunatic?

He owns a machine tools company that sponsored NASCAR teams for many years before he formed a team of his own. It sucked until Tony Stewart bought half the team. Now it's pretty good.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

man, who's gonna clean all that up.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

He managed to make a really solid CNC machine right when they started to come around, and made billions.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Woah
Who are those sexy ladies on the podium?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
hahahaha what were they thinking would happen

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol all the boos at Lewis

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

aequalis posted:

Woah
Who are those sexy ladies on the podium?

Lewis Hamilton & Valtteri Bottas

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You know what

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
On the morning of June 19, 2006, Haas was arrested by IRS agents for investigation of filing false tax returns, witness intimidation, and conspiracy.[18] Four others were indicted together with Haas, all of whom pleaded guilty.

Just before Haas's case was to go to trial, a plea agreement was reached with Haas, whereby he would plead guilty to felony conspiracy to commit tax evasion. He was sentenced to two years in prison and ordered to pay $75 million in restitution.

Haas was incarcerated beginning January 2008 and was released on probation May 2009 after serving 16 months of his two-year sentence.[19][20]

lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Boooooooois

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
The Hungarian / Italian/ Ferrari flag dude is my hero.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

I love getting my Italian dick sucked with Italian language pandering

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Omg, the tiny basketball hoop!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
'SEB CAM'

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lewis and Bottas quickly rushed off the podium before they are killed.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

These interviews are painfully bad.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Funzo posted:

These interviews are painfully bad.

I like it when Lewis Hamilton says wherever the race is has the best fans.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Seb cam GOAT.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Lewis Hamilton & Valtteri Bottas

:thurman:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They're replaying all of max's overtakes.

he's crazy good

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Having just now read Gene Haas' wikipedia page and finding it kind of ironic that a man who made his fortune starting up a machine shop and revolutionizing CNC machines is complaining about the need to fabricate and machine his own parts vs. buying them off the shelf.

Also, 100% Haas F1 will not exist in 5 years time.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Having just now read Gene Haas' wikipedia page and finding it kind of ironic that a man who made his fortune starting up a machine shop and revolutionizing CNC machines is complaining about the need to fabricate and machine his own parts vs. buying them off the shelf.

Hmm... maybe carbon fiber is made a different way? :thunk:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

It's the way he operates in NASCAR, though, and he's won titles doing it. He doesn't seem to understand that F1 is very different.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

Hmm... maybe carbon fiber is made a different way? :thunk:

I just googled a random carbon fibre fabrication shop and about 80% of the machines they listed are Haas.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

I like it when Lewis Hamilton says wherever the race is has the best fans.

Yeah it kind of gives the game away that it's PR bullshit when he says it at Monza too...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

I just googled a random carbon fibre fabrication shop and about 80% of the machines they listed are Haas.

Probably to make the molds.

I also may be trolling.

But I'm not when I say this: LOL FERRARI.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sky have no balls, no balls at all. Pull toto up on the fact that they broke the agreement with Ferrari run the same norked engine here, and that he flat out lied about it not being an advantage.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

When I'm asked tomorrow at work if I watched the race I'm going struggle to mention anything notable except that random Lamborghini safety car.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

learnincurve posted:

Sky have no balls, no balls at all. Pull toto up on the fact that they broke the agreement with Ferrari run the same norked engine here, and that he flat out lied about it not being an advantage.

When they downtuned it... does that advantage come into play? Not to mention that Dan was a few laps away from knocking Seb off the podium. It wasn't just Mercedes flying today, it was Ferrari being bad.

iospace fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 3, 2017

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

It's sad when people try to pull the wool over honest and respectful Formula 1 team Scuderia Ferrari's eyes

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I can't see the Honda relationship being salvaged after this weekend.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

I can't see the Honda relationship being salvaged after this weekend.

Neither side has anywhere else to go at the moment. If Toro Rosso doesn't take up a Honda deal (and it's unlikely they will unless Honda drops the dump truck filled with McLarens money at Toro Rosso's HQ instead), Renault won't have a free 3rd engine production slot and Renault has already publicly declared that they don't want to expand to a 4th slot.
McLaren won't be able to go anywhere and short of Honda pulling out unilaterally (which would force McLaren onto one of last years engines) they'll be stuck together.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 3, 2017

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They'd go faster if they used bin engines from out the back of Brackley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Schlesische posted:

Neither side has anywhere else to go at the moment.

Red Bull should be knocking down Honda's door to get their engines at Toro Rosso. The worst case scenario is that Toro Rosso continues to kinda suck, whoop dee doo. The best case scenario is that somehow Honda turns it around and now Red Bull have established a relationship with a potential works partner.

• Locked thread