Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

etalian posted:

Unions are dead since even bad dems get hardons over the thought of completely breaking organized labor in the USA.

Charter schools are why they love Betsy DeVos, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Horseshoe theory posted:

Charter schools are why they love Betsy DeVos, after all.

Main point of charter schools is a not so subtle way to gently caress up public sector unions.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

quote:

I'm not seeing a "blue lives matter" angle there. I'm seeing a "if you charge police with weapons what do you expect" angle.

It was also 5 years ago and in South Africa for a South African audience so I'd consider context.

Or I guess one could just talk poo poo too.

He wasn't saying they deserved it. He wasn't saying the police were right in what they did. He was criticizing the people asking why it happened the way it happened because really, what do you loving expect?

lmao

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"What did Stephen Biko expect by ignoring his banning order and opposing Apartheid?"

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dreddout posted:

YOU'RE A NAZI!

WHY DO YOU IDENTIFY WITH NATO?

PICK A SWATIKA OR SOMETHING!

Morons think NATO is literally "The Alliance of Western Culture" instead of a way to sell people military equipment

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
*reads about the Jewish ghetto uprisings during WWII*

I mean, what did they expect!?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Venom Snake posted:

Morons think NATO is literally "The Alliance of Western Culture" instead of a way to sell people military equipment

I'd say they're correct. I mean, the neocolonization process does generally start with outfitting a local army or armies (sometimes but not always the current standing one). Where they're wrong is assuming western culture is inherently good.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Venom Snake posted:

This alliance of degenerate powers under the thrall of the Juice is the last line of defense against the dusky barbarian hordes.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

etalian posted:

Main point of charter schools is a not so subtle way to gently caress up public sector unions.

yeah

from Education of Eva Moskowitz: A Memoir

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

MizPiz posted:

I'd say they're correct. I mean, the neocolonization process does generally start with outfitting a local army or armies (sometimes but not always the current standing one). Where they're wrong is assuming western culture is inherently good.

It's not just the US that sells military equipment. Germany/Belgium/France are also very large arms suppliers.

The correct answer is western culture doesn't exist and never has

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

For real tho lmao at waking up Trevor's bullshit being scrubbed from the internet.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

MizPiz posted:

neocolonialism starts where all action starts, with class solidarity

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
If I had it in me right now Id right up an effort post on how different individual European cultures are and any appeal to even the concept of western civ is based on nothing but bullshit

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

TBH NATO's juxtaposition of itself vs the Warsaw Pact kinda has them contributing to this perception themselves.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

etalian posted:

Unions are dead since even bad dems get hardons over the thought of completely breaking organized labor in the USA.

Don't let the minority of outspoken elites decide what the public opinion is by decree.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

If I had it in me right now Id right up an effort post on how different individual European cultures are and any appeal to even the concept of western civ is based on nothing but bullshit

italy is a fuckin cesspool of power abusing everyone it can

if you think the us is bad about that you aint seen nothin bub

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

gradenko_2000 posted:

TBH NATO's juxtaposition of itself vs the Warsaw Pact kinda has them contributing to this perception themselves.

I don't disagree but NATO/EU post WW2 did serve an important roll in keeping armed conflict in mainland Europe to a minimum. You'd think a lot of the old grudges would be dead by now but omg do the french still absolutely despise the germans lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dreylad posted:

yeah

from Education of Eva Moskowitz: A Memoir

lol

http://www.politico.com/states/new-york/city-hall/story/2017/08/24/in-her-memoir-eva-moskowitz-focuses-on-her-foes-114017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Squizzle posted:

italy is a fuckin cesspool of power abusing everyone it can

if you think the us is bad about that you aint seen nothin bub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeVWupFBkA8

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
My favorite part from the french election was french nationalists wanting to escalate tensions with Germany because they think france's land has been stolen

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Venom Snake posted:

More accurately it's western aesthetic, which is why to subvert it we must attack with a superior aesthetic

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

My favorite part from the french election was french nationalists wanting to escalate tensions with Germany because they think france's land has been stolen

probably mad over how Merkel has cucked the entire EU.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

lmao what? like they think its 1910 and Elsass-Lothringen is a still a thing?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agean90 posted:

lmao what? like they think its 1910 and Elsass-Lothringen is a still a thing?

nationalists of basically every country on earth are dumb as dog poo poo. french nationalists in particular

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

counterpoint: no it fukkin ain't

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are we really at the point that we are so loving hard up for exemplars of humanity that we're gonna put a loving third-rate jesse eisenberg impersonator who has an overly romanticised view of the roman empire on our goddamned money?

edit: putting zuck on our money is an academic debate at best, because I'm pretty sure we'll have descended into a mad maxian post apocalyptic hellscape by the time we're ready to do that.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 16:39 on Sep 3, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

are we really at the point that we are so loving hard up for exemplars of humanity that we're gonna put a loving third-rate jesse eisenberg impersonator who has an overly romanticised view of the roman empire on our goddamned money?

edit: putting zuck on our money is an academic debate at best, because I'm pretty sure we'll have descended into a mad maxian post apocalyptic hellscape by the time we're ready to do that.

judging by that graphic its more like it looks like its proposing a global fiat currency backed by the god emperor of capitalism, mark zuckerberg

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
oh it was an art project

http://www.cnn.com/style/article/jade-dalloul-brand-currency/index.html

this interview is psychotic tho

quote:

CNN: This project is all about brands -- what role do you think brands play in modern society? Are they growing in importance?
JD: I'm a daily customer and a user of services and products like Facebook, Gmail and Apple, so I started asking myself if I could stand a single day without using any of these brands. It's getting more difficult day after day.
CNN: What do you think about this modern generation of superstar CEOs?
JD: In a way they give hope to younger generations -- they show that it's possible to achieve a lot being young.
CNN: Which company or personality intrigues you the most?
JD: Answering the previous question, I had in mind Elon Musk. He has had a great career path, from Paypal to Space X through Hyperloop... and he's still only 46.
CNN: Are there any that you find particularly worrying?
JD: I'm both fascinated and worried about Google, because they manage almost every step of Internet services. But the most surprising fact is that they started only 19 years ago.
CNN: Who do you think we'll see on the banknotes of the future?
JD: I think the future of banknotes will (see) more and more anti-counterfeiting features like the transparent part on the new British five pound note. I wouldn't be surprised to see some influential young entrepreneurs becoming part of history of their countries.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
cnn is right about intercourse though. you havent lived till you hosed an armpit.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

counterpoint: no it fukkin ain't
Who the gently caress prints bitcoins onto paper and gives it out with Zucks face on it?
Sounds less reasonable than the cost of printing pennies.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

We should push to be like Germany in which half of the board members of every corporation needs to be made up of elected bodies of the workers.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

We should push to be like Germany in which half of the board members of every corporation needs to be made up of elected bodies of the workers.

I lolled at how companies like Volkswagen were so confused by the US Deep South anti-union attitude when they started opening up plants.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DavidBrockBot/status/904371450576035840

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Neera needs to not agree with kinkshaming about private violence.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
where would the unnecessary pluralization happen if it was a British phrase?

violence's private
violence privates

???

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I can't believe Neera was a Clinton election away from a cabinet position.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
A little reminder that the Battle of Blair Mountain ended 96 years ago yesterday. The good guys were crushed. Political violence in the US works when the state and its courts will back you up (which is why the KKK and the Pinkerton/Bladwin-Felts style antiunion paramilitaries were so successful). Not so much when they won't.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 15 days!)

These people are loving sick, and our society still lets them have careers as "thought leaders" and policymakers.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probably Magic posted:

I can't believe Neera was a Clinton election away from a cabinet position.

Putin saved us :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Hello Mr.Nazi. While I disagree with you, I uphold your rights and wish you... *takes a bullet to the gut*"

• Locked thread