Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Andromeda is pretty close to a good game. The MP right now is especially in a fun place (but it should have been there from the start!)

The thing is, the game has tons of small problems and no easy way to fix them without pretty much re-doing the whole game from the ground up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

It's the green ending because I need some fuckin robots

If you want loving robots, you want Nier: Automata..

Mass Effect can't even begin to compete.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
They really should try making the MP free at this point, played some last night and all the balance and new classes feel just right finally (other than dumb stuff like the diluted Rare pool when I still have Rare guns that are rank 1 or 2)

Batarian Scrapper is extremely good. Not quite as ridiculous as TurAgent but pretty pretty pretty good.

e: at least I finally maxed my Talon!

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

precision posted:

They really should try making the MP free at this point, played some last night and all the balance and new classes feel just right finally (other than dumb stuff like the diluted Rare pool when I still have Rare guns that are rank 1 or 2)

Batarian Scrapper is extremely good. Not quite as ridiculous as TurAgent but pretty pretty pretty good.

e: at least I finally maxed my Talon!

What do you mean free? Like everything just unlocked?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
No, I mean release the MP client as a F2P standalone game. Or make it free for PS+ at least, something to get new players.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Yeah, at this point there's little risk. They'd likely get a bunch of new players, some of whom might get hooked and spend real money. At first I was thinking that maybe they could make the free players unable to spend credits, but if they're at the point of ceasing updates I think it would be better to just give them everything, and give people who bought the full game a million credits plus some cosmetic stuff (festive hats!).

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hell make it like 5 buck or something with ten free packs. People would probably drop 5.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

For some reason they've put on some unlock packs. At least on ps4, I see some kind of shortcut thing you can buy?

Gotta get every last dollar I guess.

Maybe we should also change the thread title to rip multiplayer: 2017-2017.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Aug 30, 2017

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

For some reason they've put on some unlock packs. At least on ps4, I see some kind of shortcut thing you can buy?

Never.

https://youtu.be/W96S2M7cwuE

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

once the claymore was gone, it was only a matter of time really

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Ah, it's a Bronze mission to unlock an APEX pack this week, no probl...

:catstare:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Whoa wtf are the modifiers on that

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Every enemy on the map is a Hydra, it seems like they spawn from all the spawn points on the map immediately with no simultaneous enemies on the map limit, and since it's a Hack round they also respawn infinitely.

The map gets so crammed with the things it crashes to desktop every time I run it.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
That's what happens when the game designer goes YOLO before quitting their job.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Holy loving :laffo:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
OK, I am gonna play the poo poo out of that.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Seemlar posted:

Ah, it's a Bronze mission to unlock an APEX pack this week, no probl...

:catstare:

FAKE NEWS!!!

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I like that they had something called "Celebratory Mission," I guess to celebrate that the game is dead, and it ended up being bugged to crash your game by endlessly spawning boss enemies

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
I am 0/3 with making it through that wave, it's such an amazingly stupid way for this franchise to end

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The mission was just normal for me

I finally got Asari Duelist. Twice in a row, in a reserve pack and then an expert pack. The odds of that have gotta be pretty nuts.

Also got a Concussive Talon

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I played the mission and it was normal for me too. Just Roekar instead of Outlaws.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Just picked up the N7 Hurricane, trying it out instead of the Rozerad that I'd been using previously. Thoughts on advantages and disadvantages when compared to the Rozerad:

BAD:
- Runs into ammo issues pretty regularly, while the Rozerad could often take out entire waves without needing to visit a reload station or use a consumable
- Pretty iffy stability when firing from the hip, as opposed to the Rozerad handling like a dream
- A lot heavier, which makes the ammo issues more relevant

GOOD:
- Kills whoever I point it at, almost instantly, as opposed to the Rozerad which kills people at the rate expected from a reasonable gun

Well, that's three against and one for. Looks like I'm sticking with the Rozerad

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I use the Hurricane when I have the weight to spare and the rozerad on everyone else, because that loving thing weighs nothing.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah to be honest I think the solution is to run the Hurricane as a primary and a Rozerad as a secondary, because when am I realistically going to want to switch to something that just straight up does less damage? The only real question is how to assign pistol mods between the two

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
didn't the Rozerad used to suck? I have it at rank 3 and never use it. never see anyone using it. it's good?

I keep getting the most pointless variants. i am the proud owner of a Black Widow (Siphon), a Zalkin (Bulwark), Zalkin (Concussive), Isharay (Concussive)...

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

didn't the Rozerad used to suck? I have it at rank 3 and never use it. never see anyone using it. it's good?

A couple days ago I got the highest score on a full extraction Platinum map using a Rozerad I. Take that for what it's worth

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It was garbo when the game came out but it was buffed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
For "ultra rare pistol machine gun" I just always use my Eagle 2. Gets work done and with a scope is basically a sniper machine gun.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, the Eagle is an SMG too? I just kinda assumed it'd be a hand cannon because there were already two stupidly strong ultra rare SMGs, that's hilarious

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Jenny Angel posted:

Wait, the Eagle is an SMG too? I just kinda assumed it'd be a hand cannon because there were already two stupidly strong ultra rare SMGs, that's hilarious

It's a full auto pistol. Individual shots are piddly compared to other pistols, but having it hit repeatedly makes up for it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
gently caress me sideways, there are uncommon weapon mod variants??? I just got a "heavy assault rifle mag" which is like the Short Barrel, in that it increases ammo more but has a downside (makes the weapon a tiny bit heavier).

lol they really did think the MP would go on for at least a year or two

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Those are in singleplayer. Presumably they were added to MP in one of the recent patches

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I still can't believe how badly they screwed up. Another six months of polish would have made all the difference

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

gently caress me sideways, there are uncommon weapon mod variants??? I just got a "heavy assault rifle mag" which is like the Short Barrel, in that it increases ammo more but has a downside (makes the weapon a tiny bit heavier).

lol they really did think the MP would go on for at least a year or two

I'm a little shy of 8,000 APEX rating and I can play comfortably on Platinum difficulty. Do you know how many items I have to unlock before the uncommon tier is completely squared away? About 350 or so, and that's if the variant weapon mods aren't actual things I can unlock. If I can, that's up to what, 430? Jesus Christ, that's... let's liberally consider that around 400 packs because I feel like you get 2 uncommons more often than you get 1 rare. But that's still 8 million loving credits. That's 60-something Platinum extractions. All to unlock weapon variants and mod variants that are all already too weak for me to use because they're not as useful as Rozerads and Hurricanes equipped with barrels and scopes. That's insanely stupid

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Two Finger posted:

I still can't believe how badly they screwed up. Another six months of polish would have made all the difference

The devs were dense enough to do sync kills a second time and interpret shotguns weapons that are best used from cover. I think more time would have only carried it so far.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Digirat posted:

The devs were dense enough to do sync kills a second time and interpret shotguns weapons that are best used from cover. I think more time would have only carried it so far.

The Ascendants is annoying but it has a massive orange warning and a single dodge will get you out of it. The rest can smdftb though

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I have been magically grabbed by it after dodging far out of the circle multiple times.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Digirat posted:

I've heard the shotgun thing before but do we have any confirmation on how that actually manifests in terms of game mechanics? I haven't found shotguns actually useful in the game despite them being my favorite broad weapon class in shooters, and I'm wondering if it's because of something in their stats that stems from their apparent status as cover weapons

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

I'm a little shy of 8,000 APEX rating and I can play comfortably on Platinum difficulty. Do you know how many items I have to unlock before the uncommon tier is completely squared away? About 350 or so, and that's if the variant weapon mods aren't actual things I can unlock. If I can, that's up to what, 430? Jesus Christ, that's... let's liberally consider that around 400 packs because I feel like you get 2 uncommons more often than you get 1 rare. But that's still 8 million loving credits. That's 60-something Platinum extractions. All to unlock weapon variants and mod variants that are all already too weak for me to use because they're not as useful as Rozerads and Hurricanes equipped with barrels and scopes. That's insanely stupid

Has no one figured out that you can only buy weapon mod variants from the item store using mission funds? I've been buying common weapon mods for ages now and even have some maxed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

Digirat posted:

Unlike ME3, they basically patched sync kills out of MEA already. They were incredibly responsive, and the multiplayer is already in a great shape - imagine what they could have done with any money at all and 6 more months.

• Locked thread