Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Section 9 posted:

Love the 1% that apparently think Dale Cooper killed her. How would that have worked?

He's a bit tweaky and knew about the the manner in which she was killed. You could have twisted this into a show in which an insane FBI agent has a split personality (bob) and kills young girls while is normal self is unconscious during the actual killings. All the spirits and dreams could have been interpreted as trying to help him come to reality (e.g. laura whispering into his ear who killed her, etc...) It would be funny to think of someone like coop investigating and finding out he's the killer but that's clearly some pedestrian level 90s style serial killer movie stuff that Lynch would never bother with.

The show never supported this sort of idea and as soon as other actors were involved in trying to cover up laura's murder (e.g. leland killing what's his face in the hospital, etc...) But in the early episodes Dale does come off as a weird and almost autistic oddball that had the capacity to creep people out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

In the finale Evil Cooper time travels back 25 years and kills Laura.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

G-III posted:

The show never supported this sort of idea and as soon as other actors were involved in trying to cover up laura's murder (e.g. leland killing what's his face in the hospital, etc...) But in the early episodes Dale does come off as a weird and almost autistic oddball that had the capacity to creep people out.

It's a lot more plausible if the FBI agent is actually genuinely nuts like in Deadly Premonition. Coop is just quirky.

A friend of mine was really convinced that Andy was the murderer, even after it turned out to be Leland. He had made up his mind. :shrug:

Vikar Jerome posted:

time to sleep for 5 and half hours, gonna watch this live before work and before the nukes fly. lets rock.

:hfive: Yeah, I'm altering my sleeping habits for Twin Peaks, too. That's what I'm dedicating my life to, now.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

G-III posted:

He's a bit tweaky and knew about the the manner in which she was killed. You could have twisted this into a show in which an insane FBI agent has a split personality (bob) and kills young girls while is normal self is unconscious during the actual killings. All the spirits and dreams could have been interpreted as trying to help him come to reality (e.g. laura whispering into his ear who killed her, etc...) It would be funny to think of someone like coop investigating and finding out he's the killer but that's clearly some pedestrian level 90s style serial killer movie stuff that Lynch would never bother with.

Mom called it 'psychologically taut'

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

G-III posted:

Actually, that would sort of fit in with some of the themes of Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway and Inland Empire in respect to identity and perception of reality. If this was how Twin Peaks had been, I probably still would have loved it.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Do the episodes go up live on the Amazon Video Showtime channel? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Amazon rips show up online like 10-15 minutes after the episode starts so I guess so

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

drat, that's annoying. What about Sling? Anybody know?

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
The very bottom row of your Showtime page on Amazon has links to live streams of all 9 Showtime channels. I always stream from there, rather than going to the "On Demand" episode (except for the premiere night for Parts 3 & 4). Quality of the stream seems more reliable than the On Demand, but YMMV.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Tonight's episode is going to start with Gordon receiving a text that says ":-) ALL". He'll say "I remember everything! My name isn't Gordon Cole! It's David Lynch! And this is a TV show I'm writing! I have how long to wrap up all these storylines? poo poo!"

Someone will throw him a script and a pen from off-camera and he will start furiously writing. The time pressure will cause him to resolve every storyline in a very unsatisfactory way, culminating in Booper just exploding for no reason whatsoever with five minutes left to go.

He'll spend the last five minutes just winking at the camera.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

chime_on posted:

The very bottom row of your Showtime page on Amazon has links to live streams of all 9 Showtime channels. I always stream from there, rather than going to the "On Demand" episode (except for the premiere night for Parts 3 & 4). Quality of the stream seems more reliable than the On Demand, but YMMV.

Perfect! Thank you!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Escobarbarian posted:

The Amazon rips show up online like 10-15 minutes after the episode starts so I guess so

I just signed up (there a 7 day trial option) and I cant find Twin Peaks there, any

Might be a location thing, though (Im in Brazil)

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Elias_Maluco posted:

I just signed up (there a 7 day trial option) and I cant find Twin Peaks there, any

Might be a location thing, though (Im in Brazil)

I think it's on Netflix in Brazil (not sure).

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Zat posted:

I think it's on Netflix in Brazil (not sure).

yeah, it is. I just wanted to see if amazon was an option too

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I started my day today listening to this song

Transferrins
Aug 18, 2014

Soiled Meat

A few spotty thoughts about this pine cone and pines in general.

Pine trees are gymnosperms which are the older type of trees versus angiosperms, the newer harder trees that get larger and live longer.
The gymnosperm forests are more old fashioned and their citizens have a shorter and sadder life so they need to be renewed cyclically. How to renew a forest?
Fire, also you can cut them down and run them through a mill, which would make a good intro for a tv show.

Spiritual people like to talk about the pine cone representing the pineal gland and it's control of sleep cycles.

Also the pine cone being on the end of the microphone sort of makes it look like a Thyrsus, a cool staff Bacchus (Billy?) used when getting his people drunk and doing weird dances.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

El Jeffe posted:

Do the episodes go up live on the Amazon Video Showtime channel? Sorry if this has been asked before.

They do. I started last week's episode the same minute it started on Showtime's live stream. And I would strongly recommend not watching the live stream, because of this:

Eyud posted:

Speaking of background sounds, a few episodes ago I watched on Showtime's live stream and noticed they do some kind of audio normalization; in quiet moments the background sounds got much louder, then someone spoke and they shot down again. It was super distracting, anyone else notice it?

I rewatched that episode on demand and it wasn't present there, nor when I checked it on Amazon. I hope they aren't doing that on the cable feed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've been watching on the Showtime site right after the episodes go live since May and I haven't noticed that.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

El Jeffe posted:

drat, that's annoying. What about Sling? Anybody know?

Sling puts the on demand stuff up like, right as it finishes live. I guess technically it is when the show is going, because you can start it from the beginning during any point of the livestream.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I've been watching on the Showtime site right after the episodes go live since May and I haven't noticed that.

Yeah, it's only on the live stream. If you're watching the on demand episodes, they sound fine.

I haven't checked it again since that one time so it is possible that it was just that episode or something, but since the on demand eps go up at the same time I just stick to those now.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I hope Leland will come back and kills BOB somehow.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shibawanko posted:

I hope Leland will come back and kills BOB somehow.
Leland only appeared once this season, huh?

At the beginning when he was in the Red Room and said "Find Laura"?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

What if Ray was Ray Donovan from Showtimes Ray Donovan

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There are several songs that could serve as "the" song of the season (as far as creepy, unsettling atmosphere goes), but this one really stuck out to me as the best fitting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmyFzEeXhL4

Well, or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWkGGda7hX8

Or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QczxCxFRUf0

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

...! posted:

Tonight's episode is going to start with Gordon receiving a text that says ":-) ALL". He'll say "I remember everything! My name isn't Gordon Cole! It's David Lynch! And this is a TV show I'm writing! I have how long to wrap up all these storylines? poo poo!"

Someone will throw him a script and a pen from off-camera and he will start furiously writing. The time pressure will cause him to resolve every storyline in a very unsatisfactory way, culminating in Booper just exploding for no reason whatsoever with five minutes left to go.

He'll spend the last five minutes just winking at the camera.

This is actually close to my second, more absurd theory that I decided not to mention.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

OH I forgot the other song that could be considered the defining song of this season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp3BlFZWJNA

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

in a series including incest rape and vomit with extreme force and violent murder the most disgusting shot is the closeup of anthony's dandruff before dougie massages him

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait, so in ep. 15 when Booper goes to visit Philip "Teapot" Jeffries and he's given coordinates, Jeffries says that the coordinates are so Booper can confront Judy himself.

Were those the real coordinates or the trap coordinates that Richard got killed by?

e: poo poo, I should've gotten the thread title changed to "I'm a high school graduate."

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 3, 2017

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Eyud posted:

They do. I started last week's episode the same minute it started on Showtime's live stream. And I would strongly recommend not watching the live stream, because of this:

Noted, thanks :tipshat:

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Looking forward to Cooper turning back into Dougie in the first 2 minutes, and the rest of the episode being Gordon with a hooker and Albert trying to get her to leave, and then Audrey trying to leave the roadhouse. The ending is someone washing the floor with a mop.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
is the first ep at 7 or 8 est?

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

handsome only face posted:

in a series including incest rape and vomit with extreme force and violent murder the most disgusting shot is the closeup of anthony's dandruff before dougie massages him

No I am sorry but the most disgusting shot of the season ABSOLUTELY has to go with Sky Ferreira scratching that awful, hideous rash in a close-up in episode 9. That made me cringe about a 100 times harder than the dandruff massage.

I've grown to find the humor in it thanks to the youtube videos of Wow Lynch Wow! who is possibly my favorite of the youtube recappers because of his hilarious voice and because he just naturally picks up more subtleties and does better serious analysis than the other guys.

But he ends every video with that closeup of Sky Ferreira really itching that hideous rash, and him saying "I'm just itching to see what's going to happen next!" :gonk:

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

The Walrus posted:

is the first ep at 7 or 8 est?

8PM eastern time. So far as I know.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Showtime says: "TWO-PART FINALE: SUNDAY AT 8PM ET/PT" in the Twin Peaks header. I wish their site layout wasn't so dumb so it was easier to find this information.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

calling it now, twin peaks is gonna end with Dale in front of a mirror cackling "How's Dougie"

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

kaworu posted:

8PM eastern time. So far as I know.

Anyone here on PST? Can we expect it at 6pm or 5pm?

I'm watching on Amazon but the showtime site itself says 'TWO PART FINALE: TONIGHT AT 8PM ET/PT' which means ... 8pm PST?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

redreader posted:

Anyone here on PST? Can we expect it at 6pm or 5pm?

I'm watching on Amazon but the showtime site itself says 'TWO PART FINALE: TONIGHT AT 8PM ET/PT' which means ... 8pm PST?
I'm in Central and it starts at 7 here, and PST's 2 hours behind us, so I guess 5?

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm in Central and it starts at 7 here, and PST's 2 hours behind us, so I guess 5?

Dude, sick avatar update :stare: Great GIF of Trent and great classic quote from Briggs :unsmith: Hope we get some closure to his journey, too. So many storylines, so little time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

handsome only face posted:

I said this earlier but I still don't know how someone could have that much dandruff. It looked like his entire scalp flaked off and shattered on his shoulders.