Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Forever_Peace posted:

Carlos Henderson and Joe Williams both on IR and out for the year. McNichols cut. Dem hype trains derailing early this year.

Thanks for the tip. Dropped Henderson in dynasty to get Matt Breida, the new #2 RB in SF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Carlos Henderson and Joe Williams both on IR and out for the year. McNichols cut. Dem hype trains derailing early this year.

Wow, that's some dynasty-relevant garbage. Shanny banged the table for Joe :negative:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

RVProfootballer posted:

Brown is on a different team now, so no guarantee he keeps up that scoring. It was definitely an outlier year for him. Bowman probably won't be great this year, as he's less than a year from a ton Achilles, and Reuben Foster has been performing above expectations afaik and might be their preferred every down guy at this point.

It totally slipped my mind that Brown had switched teams. I don't yet have any idea how to evaluate defensive players in FF and figure I'll learn as I go along (hopefully sooner rather than later). Luckily everyone else in the league is in the same boat. Here's what's available in free agency (and how they did last year):

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just did a snap draft on Yahoo, had the last pick, I think it turned out pretty well...

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

RVProfootballer posted:

Wow, that's some dynasty-relevant garbage. Shanny banged the table for Joe :negative:

On the one hand, they're probably just red-shirting him for a year to see if they can fix his fumblitis. On the other hand, I love UDFAs that make a splash so go Matt Breida I guess.

On a related note: so close, Google. So close.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

on the bored wop posted:

It totally slipped my mind that Brown had switched teams. I don't yet have any idea how to evaluate defensive players in FF and figure I'll learn as I go along (hopefully sooner rather than later). Luckily everyone else in the league is in the same boat. Here's what's available in free agency (and how they did last year):

Bowman has been great when he's been healthy but he's old and coming off his 3rd ACL tear. Deion Jones, KJ Wright or Eric Kendricks will serve you better with less injury risk.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Sammy Coates going to get even marginally better on the Browns? I'm assuming that he'll get a lot more targets.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Bowman has been great when he's been healthy but he's old and coming off his 3rd ACL tear. Deion Jones, KJ Wright or Eric Kendricks will serve you better with less injury risk.

Thanks for the advice! Guessing I should slot those guys in above Brown also?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Reuben Foster has had an incredible preseason and you IDP guys should own him.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

89 posted:

10 man, 0.5 PPR, high defensive points on big plays rather than tackles. Main league. It's what I've been annoying you guys with all week.

We have the WEIRDEST draft. #5:

QB: Jameis Winston
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Todd Gurley
WR: AJ Green
WR: Demariyus Thomas
WR: Keenan Allen
TE: Tyler Eifert
K: Caleb Sturgis
DB: Landon Collins
DL: Melvin Ingram
LB: Kwon Alexander
LB: Preston Brown

Bench:
Stefon Diggs
Mike Gillisle
Joe Mixon
Danny Woodhead
Pierre Garçon
Eric Decker
Kenny Britt
Terrance West
Chris Hogan

I got sniped one pick before me on Alshon which became Keenan. And I got sniped on NVarro Bowman the second to last pick. Bastards. Alcohol.
Oh poo poo guys, I forgot about Jonathan Williams. Who do I drop?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

on the bored wop posted:

Kirksey, Telvin Smith, or Deion Jones are all safer and/or have higher upside, but you can probably go with your gut. There'll be plenty of options if Brown does poorly. I'd personally grab Kirksey, but also have Brown in other leagues and suspect he'll be a fine top 20 LB, just not repeat.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Ok goons, who do i drop to put in a waiver claim for Thielan?

Forte or Moncreif?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

on the bored wop posted:

Thanks for the advice! Guessing I should slot those guys in above Brown also?

I would, they're proven talents where Brown may or may not repeat. The Bills bet he wouldn't before they started tanking.

VietCampo posted:

Forte or Moncreif?

Luck might come back or Brissett could be competent. The Jets will still be utter poo poo. Old man Forte goes.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I am so ready to go to war with this team in 12 team PPR. Was able to nab Hill as my WR3 and didn't take my first RB until round 5. Took Burkhead in the 7th because he's obviously great and haters can suck it. Double-dipped on Seattle's backfield since obviously someone will be good and it sure as poo poo won't be Eddie Lacy. Zero RB lives!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

89 posted:

Oh poo poo guys, I forgot about Jonathan Williams. Who do I drop?

Britt

VietCampo posted:

Forte or Moncreif?

Forte

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
My master plan to stash Mike Williams on IR foiled.

Rivers got dropped in my league. Wonder if I should roll with Captain Kirk or hop a ride on Mr. Rivers' wild ride.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I hate my Father in Law's league but it's like a car wreck where I just can't stop playing.

10 man 0ppr league where 3 are decent at fantasy, 5 think they are decent at fantasy, and 2 go homer picks round 3 on.

$50 Buy in and $1 per waiver wire transaction

There is still so much talent on the wire that it's hard to stay put building up a huge pot.

Last 3 years the homers have one it. Typical fantasy.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Thanks for the IDP advice, my guys. I picked up Kirksey for now so we'll see how that goes.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

to be fair the joe williams hype train was stupid as gently caress

It's all about the Matt Breida hype train amirite?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MacheteZombie posted:

It's all about the Matt Breida hype train amirite?

If you have like a 9 man bench sure. If Hyde goes down Shanahan has such a mancrush on Juice that they're gonna split work if Hyde dies. The moment they put on pads Williams sucked rear end and the Williams hype train 100% stemmed from the Peter King article and a post by Certified loving Moron Grant Cohn.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i fell asleep after eating too much delicious homemade jambalaya and missed the draft for my $50 Yahoo league

i kinda want to kill myself. the worst part is that I was resetting the rankings right before and forgot to hit "save" so i ended up with all of the injured guys and now i have a roster that is in desperate need of loving triage or something.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
If I drafted CJ Anderson and did not also pick up Jamaal Charles, is it worth using a mid-order waiver on him?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Catfish Noodlin posted:

If I drafted CJ Anderson and did not also pick up Jamaal Charles, is it worth using a mid-order waiver on him?

The question is: Who would you be dropping for him?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DC Murderverse posted:

i fell asleep after eating too much delicious homemade jambalaya and missed the draft for my $50 Yahoo league

i kinda want to kill myself. the worst part is that I was resetting the rankings right before and forgot to hit "save" so i ended up with all of the injured guys and now i have a roster that is in desperate need of loving triage or something.

Aww too bad.
May I please see your roster?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Sit/Start Thread is Up

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
So last year in this thread I found a cheat sheet that was laid out in a grid and the website let you pick PPR or standard scoring with a seperate sheet for each. It wasn't broken down by position just straight up ranked by value. It was really helpful and I'd like to use it again. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or somethign similar?

edit Found it! I'm pretty sure it was this one, listed in the OP THANKS!

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp?format=standard&year=2017&teams=10&view=draftboard

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 3, 2017

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Who is the best bet to drop in this group of WR's?
Marvin Jones Jr
Zay Jones
Rishard Matthews
Corey Coleman
Corey Davis

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TUS posted:

Who is the best bet to drop in this group of WR's?
Marvin Jones Jr
Zay Jones
Rishard Matthews
Corey Coleman
Corey Davis

Rishard

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Booooo Kasen Williams got cut. Man, what's a guy got to do to make a team these days?

I mean, other than running routes. It would probably be good if Kasen could run routes.

But still, boooooo dude was fun to watch this preseason. Hope he lands somewhere.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
gently caress it, I'm going to draft Zeke third overall (10 team standard).

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

Is Sammy Coates going to get even marginally better on the Browns? I'm assuming that he'll get a lot more targets.

His resume is failing to take over Martavis's role when Wheaton struggled and getting severely outplayed by Justin Hunter during this year's training camp. He makes Ted Ginn look like a model of efficiency. The only reason I say he could get marginally better is because the bar was so low to begin with. I hate Sammie Coates and hope his kids never learn to read.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Drunk Nerds posted:

Aww too bad.
May I please see your roster?

Aaron Rodgers
Odell Beckham Jr
Allen Robinson
Jarvis Landry
Lamar Miller
Marshawn Lynch
Gronk
Justin Tucker
Seattle D

Andrew Luck
Hunter Henry
Four Goddamn Empty Spaces That Were Edelman, Ware, Meredith and the Carolina D

I'm trying to offload Henry because he has the same bye week as Gronk (proposed a trade of Henry for Corey Coleman to the guy with Jordan Reed), and I put out waivers for Jamaal Charles, Marquise Goodwin, Thomas Rawls and Cooper Kupp. The starters are not bad at all, but the bench is a disaster. Best case is Luck coming back quickly and powerfully and I'm able to flip him for someone else but I'm not crossing fingers.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Matt Jones to Colts. He's on my ignore list at the moment but ymmv.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Kasen Williams to Cle

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:lol: death to handcuffs

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/904399152540471297

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Pretty much the Shady show in Buffalo now.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

Matt Jones to Colts. He's on my ignore list at the moment but ymmv.

Decent deep dynasty stash imo

also hahaha

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Suave Fedora posted:

The question is: Who would you be dropping for him?

Joe Flacco, who I drafted at the very end because I had been drinking heavily.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Bad week to be an overhyped Williams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Incoming injury to Shady week one to complete the turd sandwich that is the 2017 Buffalo Bills

• Locked thread