Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Jiro posted:

Have any other AMD GPU users been having problems with their game's crashing to desktop lately. Or in the last few months?

I have an 1080Ti and have had the game just shut down to desktop with no dialogue about once a day since the lasted patch. Is that what you're refering to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

VulgarandStupid posted:

I have an 1080Ti and have had the game just shut down to desktop with no dialogue about once a day since the lasted patch. Is that what you're refering to?

I'm running a GTX 1070 and I still have weird, random minimizes to desktop and a couple of freezes where I can't load back to lobby after a game ends and I just have to straight restart my entire pc because I can't do anything to the client be it ALT+F4 or hard quit in task manager or whatever.

It's still early access though :shrug:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah I have a 1070 too and PUBG was the first game I had to adjust Task Manager to "always stay on top" because I got tired of trying to navigate it with tab + arrow keys + delete when it would crash and force my screen black

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

VulgarandStupid posted:

Been happening to me and my squadmates as well in the last couple days

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
I'm running a 1070, had no crashes at all until I enabled shadowplay highlights, had a couple since then.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I'm getting a few crashes with my 1070, but only when the match has ended and it's transitioning back to the lobby.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I used to crash like 1/15 games but ever since they released the patch that allows you to reconnect, I've ceashed like once every 200 games or so in game.

More often with the new shadowplay, the game will lock up so bad that I'll have to restart my pc entirely

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Jiro posted:

Have any other AMD GPU users been having problems with their game's crashing to desktop lately. Or in the last few months?

YES! Yesterday I crashed three times in one game, and twice in the game after it before I just loving quit. Straight to desktop, no lag or obvious trigger. No bug report dialogue. Never happened before yesterday and I have 600+ hours.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Jiro posted:

Dollas posted:

yeah my game just kinda closed twice in the span of an hour last night with no error or anything

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I'm a 1070 nvidia user and had 3 crashes just yesterday. I'm using reshade, are you?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

cosmicjim posted:

Never blame anyone else but yourself. Even against hackers, you ask how could I have done that differently to beat the person hacking. It might be 100% unwinnable, but if you always blame yourself and and learn from it you get better... always reflect inwardly. I'm not good, but I have several friends that make excuses every time they die. It's unhealthy and doesn't lead to improvement. The british streamer in this clip is preventing himself from improving. Instead of reflecting on what he could have done, he's making excuses...I play with friends that blame the gun they are using every time they die. They blame pubg. They talk about how much luck is involved.

Everytime I see Chocotaco die, I see him blaming himself.

This is really good advice, cosmicjim.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
I am really super bad at winning close range gunfights using anything but a shotgun. Sometimes I can spray someone down, but I want to actually win on purpose. Help me out here, the aiming and movement isn't as fluid as the shooters I am used to.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I am really super bad at winning close range gunfights using anything but a shotgun. Sometimes I can spray someone down, but I want to actually win on purpose. Help me out here, the aiming and movement isn't as fluid as the shooters I am used to.

One of the classic replies to a comment like this is to turn your mouse sensitivity way down.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I don't know if anyone good at aiming who uses a higher DPI than 800 + low sens, kinda dumb how marketing for mice is all about how high the DPI can get. 3200 DPI for what? A 1080° noscope?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Penpal posted:

I don't know if anyone good at aiming who uses a higher DPI than 800 + low sens, kinda dumb how marketing for mice is all about how high the DPI can get. 3200 DPI for what? A 1080° noscope?

There was a dude named elusive1 in planetside 2 that played with pretty high dpi settings. You can look up his videos on youtube. You might get motion sickness. He was pretty drat good though.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Penpal posted:

Bigger number = better according to most people, regardless of what you're talking about.

I'm also terrible at aiming (I was recently crouched 10 feet from a guy and managed to shoot 2 feet to his right with a pistol, quickly corrected and missed 2 feet to his left, then finally lined him up and would have taken the kill shot if he hadn't calmly blown my face off) , but also old and historically terrible at shooting games, so I'm not sure my DPI is really the problem. Couldn't hurt to lower it even more tho I guess.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

ADS, create a small angle where your enemy has to walk through and spray him when he comes through it. Maybe do a small shimmy yo throw his aim off, but it will make your aim worse too.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
If you have higher DPI on your mouse you can turn down your sensitivity and have higher precision at no cost.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Wow... Just skimmed the steam review page because I noticed that the game is mixed rated now.

A lot of people seemingly got banned for honking the horn in cars.

Streamers are such bitches sometimes.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

While the honking was really loving funny, the people actually doing it were brokebrained idiots and I don't really care what happens to their accounts. Imagine sacrificing your free time solely to annoy someone you'll never meet

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i did that and it was funny

also be careful exiting a bike too close to a wall

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

VulgarandStupid posted:

ADS, create a small angle where your enemy has to walk through and spray him when he comes through it. Maybe do a small shimmy yo throw his aim off, but it will make your aim worse too.

This is what I try to do, but sometimes I end up in a close range fight outside or in a living room and I just cannot keep my poo poo on point. Do I spray? Do I tap out the shots? Do I strafe, or just shoot? If I could keep my crosshair on point it would help.

In CS at least I could anticipate, pre-aim, and had a lot of practice. I don't get enough opportunities to practice heads-up combat in this because most of my fights are one party ambushing the other.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

use leaning and crouching to minimize ur profile

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Calibanibal posted:

use leaning and crouching to minimize ur profile

Crouching is asking to be headshot. Crouching is just for reducing noise.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Remember this as well: When you see a guy, you gotta shoot him. But first you gotta find a gun. And ammo. :eng101:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Don't get caught with your pants down, private! Press RELOAD (default key R) to top up your gun and get back in the fight!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

In CS at least I could anticipate, pre-aim, and had a lot of practice. I don't get enough opportunities to practice heads-up combat in this because most of my fights are one party ambushing the other.

If you want to practice heads up fights, land in busy places and die over and over

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Remember that "B" switches the gun from single shot to burst or auto mode -- easy detail to overlook if you are a loving neuk-tard

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Zsinjeh posted:

Don't get caught with your pants down, private! Press RELOAD (default key R) to top up your gun and get back in the fight!

one thing I notice in a lot of streams like chocotaco and shroud is that they don't seem to reload that often? Like in the middle of a firefight when you think they'll have time to top off, they don't

I think it's probably a combination of a) wanting to be aggressive and b) knowing they don't need all 30 shots to kill a dude

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Hooplah posted:

Imagine sacrificing your free time solely to annoy someone you'll never meet

People play games to have fun so if thats fun to people then they're making good use of their time. Imagine being so ate up about a video game that you get mad at a person you'll never meet because of a virtual car going beep beep.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Pattonesque posted:

one thing I notice in a lot of streams like chocotaco and shroud is that they don't seem to reload that often? Like in the middle of a firefight when you think they'll have time to top off, they don't

I think it's probably a combination of a) wanting to be aggressive and b) knowing they don't need all 30 shots to kill a dude
My loading message hint bit aside, yeah I've also noticed this a lot. It looks more as a detriment almost, every so often they'll line up a headshot only to click and realize the Kar is empty.

Best guess so far is to gently caress with the compulsive reloaders (me) watching.

e: I mean it's good to switch to a second gun in a firefight sometimes instead or reloading, but just leaving an AR for a long while at like 15-17 rounds left happens annoyingly often.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I just got the game. In the OP's map of the island, do the "Military loot" circles mean that's the only place to find stuff like ARs and SMGs, or does that just mean you're more likely to find them? Or you're more likely to find better scopes and accessories? I'm planning on playing solo for a while so I hopefully spend <90% of my time staring at my still alive teammates.

E: NVM, very well armed populace apparently. First round: landed in Yasnaya Polyana, couldn't find a gun. Second round, ambushed in Pochinki. Third round, three kills before I died trying to figure out why I couldn't bandage myself (too high health?)

GOTY A++

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 3, 2017

Lemon
May 22, 2003

So the other day I dropped onto the tower blocks near the school and just as I was landing on the roof I heard a huge explosion, louder than any I've ever heard in the game, I thought a nuke had gone off or something. Any idea what that could have been right at the start of the game?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Lemon posted:

So the other day I dropped onto the tower blocks near the school and just as I was landing on the roof I heard a huge explosion, louder than any I've ever heard in the game, I thought a nuke had gone off or something. Any idea what that could have been right at the start of the game?

???

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon posted:

sometimes the cars spawn inside the ground and explode

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Are the servers down? I just grabbed the game and keep getting Connection Closed, Reconnect. Unfamiliar to me since this is the first I have loaded the game.

edit: nm, firewall bullshit

Jebediah fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 3, 2017

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

VulgarandStupid posted:

This is happening to me as well.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

... I died trying to figure out why I couldn't bandage myself (too high health?)

You got it. Try an energy drink or painkillers to slowly recover that last bit. They can also keep you alive for a bit longer if you get caught in the blue.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
That was fun! Made it to #4/96. I see the appeal. I need to adjust the settings though. Crosshair aiming is too jerky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Seems like this game has a lot of appeal for "gun nuts"

• Locked thread